[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think of Raimi coming back for Spider Man 3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

What do you guys think of Raimi coming back for Spider Man 3.1 (Directors cut)

3 had a ton of deleted scenes, does anyone think a new cut can redeem the movie?

http://www.gamezone.com/news/rumor-new-extended-cut-of-spider-man-3-will-release-alongside-blu-ray-collection-3453330
>>
It'll have EVEN MORE dancing!
>>
Weird. I could have sworn I heard a "Spiderman 3.1" happened way back when it came out on DVD. Never looked into it though because I hated that movie so much.

>They dominated the box office and were critically praised which is something that can't be said for the rebooted series of Spider-Man films.
I guarantee Homecoming will be praised just as much as SM1 and 2, if not more.
>>
>>92079365
>Does anyone think a new cut can redeem the movie?
No, "Eric" Brock ruined the movie, he deserves a foot in his ass
>>
>>92079445
Honestly they could fix it by keeping his mask on & adding a deeper voice filter

adding back the original scene where he pulls back his mask to reveal a skeleton would help too
>>
File: Spider-Man_3.1_DVD_(Version_1).jpg (108KB, 528x400px) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Man_3.1_DVD_(Version_1).jpg
108KB, 528x400px
>>92079418
there is this boxart that looks legit, but it also says it has a sneak peak of Spider-Man 4 so who knows
>>
>>92079445
>"Eric" Brock ruined the movie

>hating Based Prayer Man
>>
File: kaine.png (340KB, 329x589px) Image search: [Google]
kaine.png
340KB, 329x589px
>>92079365
>3 had a ton of deleted scenes, does anyone think a new cut can redeem the movie?
Nah, that ain't gonna help

3 had the same major issue that ASM2 had. It tried to have too much shit in it.

If anything you should REMOVE stuff. Remove Sandman, who had very little actual importance. Or if you had to include him, don't explain any of his backstory or bring him in later into the film. Just have him pull off the bank robbery and leave it at that. Bring him in for a sequel if you had to.

This leaves you with just Venom and Goblin2. You have more time for character development of Peter or the villains. Or more time for a gnarly action sequence.

>>92079477
Also this
>>
>>92079809
I'd love to see what the plans were for Spider-Man 4.
>>
>>92079365
My girlfriend once suggested that I hated the movie while she loved the movie because it was a terrible Spider-Man movie, but a great Sam Raimi movie.

I think she's right.

Given that, making it more Sam Raimish won't fix that problem.
>>
>>92080228
The first part of the movie was a montage of Spidey taking down Shocker, Prowler and Rhino and dropping off Bruce Campbell as Mysterio at the police station.

But the main villain was originally Lizard as they had Curt Conners as Peter's college professor for 2 and 3.

They changed it to John Malkovich as the Vulture and Anne Hathaway as Black Cat.

Rami wanted to redeem the franchise after what happened with 3. It was intended for May 2011, but they cancelled it in 2010 and went ahead with the reboot using the Lizard idea they came up with originally.
>>
>>92080360
>Given that, making it more Sam Raimish won't fix that problem.

We shall see.
>>
>>92080373
Why was it canceled, anyway?
>>
>>92080407
Sony was retards
>>
>>92080407
Rami went though 4 script revisions and still hated it. Tobey then also dropped out and well, it got cancelled
>>
>>92079365
Unless 3.1 makes the primary plot a conflict between Peter and Harry, gets rid of Sandman, and actually develops Venom as a character, I couldn't care less.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.