[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Marvel almost followed up their “Transformers” series with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 1130480895_0.jpg (224KB, 600x912px) Image search: [Google]
1130480895_0.jpg
224KB, 600x912px
The Neo-Knights were a team created by Simon Furman that was formed by three new super-powered humans, Dynamo, Thunderpunch and Rapture, who joined forces with a super-powered human, Circuit-Breaker, that Bob Budiansky had introduced during his run on “Transformers.”

They were basically an attempt by the U.S. government to get humans involved into the Autobot/Decipticon war.

Well, when the “Transformers” series ended, Simon Furman thought that he could then spin the Neo-Knights off in a new series, which would be drawn by Andrew Wildman, who had been drawing the series towards the end with Furman. The new book would be called Techno-X, because it was the 1990s, so every book had to have an X in the title (EDITED TO ADD: My buddy werehawk1 wanted me to note that most of the heroes on the team WERE mutants, so it sort of worked in that regard).

The concept would have been that all of the Transformers stories were just virtual reality and it was all training for these heroes to fight REAL robot threats in the Marvel Universe, like Ultron.

A new character would have been introduced and Dynamo would have been phased out of the title.

However, while I don’t know if Marvel liked the idea or not, a major issue was that while Circuit-Breaker was very carefully introduced in another Marvel comic book so that Marvel could gain the rights to her, the other characters all made their debut in issues of “Transformers” and the deal Marvel had with Hasbro was that any character introduced in the actual “Transformers” comic book would belong to Hasbro (you could tell Marvel tried to get the rights to the characters as the indica initially claimed the rights to the other Neo-Knights).

http://www.cbr.com/comic-legends-did-marvel-almost-make-the-transformers-an-x-title/
>>
>>92076224
Boy the times have changed, didn't it?
How did the X-Men go from being ridiculously popular, to being shunned by its own company?
>>
more info

Speaking of which: the Furman/Wildman plan was to rework the Neo-Knights into a team called Techno-X, who would serve not only as a team but a base of operation for cameo appearances from every mechanical or cyborg superhero and supervillain in the Marvel universe. The art accompanying the pitch showed Circuit-Breaker and Thunderpunch would be getting redesigned costumes to better fit the early-90s “shoulderpads and guns” aesthetic, with Thunderpunch in particular undergoing a sort of binary-bonding uplink to a cartoonishly oversized semi-sentient cannon named Symbiosis. Rapture would now be wearing a coat, and the team would have been rounded out with the addition of new character Phase, a humanoid supercomputer. The Transformers would have been explained away as having actually been computer-simulated training programs, meant to teach Techno-X how to fight their “real” evil robot enemies, particularly Ultron; similarly, Dynamo would have been written out of the story as a mere invention of that simulated training program because the writing team could no longer think of anything to do with him. G.B. Blackrock would have had a deep dark secret which would have been so deep and dark that even now, twenty years after the story was cancelled, we still can’t tell you what it is. And he would have fought Tony Stark too. (source: Hasbro Transformers Collectors’ Club issue 41)
>>
>>92076224

Interesting, if a bit odd of a retcon sort of thing.

That said, they did end up keeping the Space Knights from ROM, and even ROM's human form.
>>
art isn't bad
>>
>>92077703
Circuit Breaker is owned by Marvel, but the rest isn't. With that said, literally nothing was stopping marvel from doing it anyway. In another interview, the artist said that he proposed the pitch to marvel, but they weren't interested.

In other words, too bad, because fighting cyber-marvel would be cool
>>
>>92079083
Because the guy is a brilliant artist, you should see his Transformers, it will make you his fan, even if you don't like transformers
>>
>>92076224
> Grant Morrison never wrote an X-Men Vs ZOIDS crossover.

;_;
>>
Also worth noting is the fact that Cyberforce, another cyber-mutant-group was originally pitched as an x-book, but Liefeld convinced Silvestri to launch the book at image.

That's also why instead of Wolverine you have Ripclaw, and instead of Psylocke you have Cyblade.

It seems like ninjas, mutants, and cyborgs really were THE SHIT in the 90s. Too bad they aren't anymore. But even if marvel launched such book, it would suck because they don't have any competent storytellers, nor artists, who would be capable of selling such book
>>
>>92079321
Phew, we dodged one hell of a bullet
>>
>>92079328
Millar pls
>>
>>92079344
Please what?
>>
File: fox-studio_0eec8fda.jpg (24KB, 400x347px) Image search: [Google]
fox-studio_0eec8fda.jpg
24KB, 400x347px
>>92076253
>How did the X-Men go from being ridiculously popular, to being shunned by its own company?

It's a mystery to one and all.

We may never know.
>>
>>92079382
I will always hear that version in my mind
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xojO-4VFPw
>>
File: marvel_tf_comic_homage.jpg (210KB, 525x650px) Image search: [Google]
marvel_tf_comic_homage.jpg
210KB, 525x650px
>>92076602
>The art accompanying the pitch showed Circuit-Breaker and Thunderpunch would be getting redesigned costumes to better fit the early-90s “shoulderpads and guns” aesthetic

Blasphemy. 90% of her appeal as a character is how ridiculous her 1980s aesthetic was with its gleefully revealing look and absurd appropriation of the appearance of circuitry without any comprehension of what it is or why it looks that way.
>>
>>92079442
90s. 90s were 90s
>>
>>92079442
nice tribute. there is literally tribute to everything
>>
File: IMG_2140.png (14KB, 646x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2140.png
14KB, 646x720px
>>92079382
Not accusing you of it but I hate how people act like Fox stole the X-Men. Marvel sold them to save the company. I'm sure someone would have been around to buy out the company but they would have gutted the rest of the franchises and sold the movie rights off to the highest bidder. The fact that Fox bought X-Men allowed Marvel to stay in tact, get to create and have control over the MCU and get bought by Disney to ensure they will never go anyway.

Marvel should be grateful to Fox.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.