[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anyone still a fan in any way? anyone interested in bomb?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 139
Thread images: 22

File: bf2207a3.png (57KB, 719x270px) Image search: [Google]
bf2207a3.png
57KB, 719x270px
anyone still a fan in any way?
anyone interested in bomb?

just curious
>>
>>92069208
I know the shows not too good anymore, but I can't help but stay a fan.
>>
>>92069208
>still a fan
Yes
>interested in bomb
Kind of
>>
I'm holding out hope that it might get good again after a mostly shit fourth season, Adventure Time style. I really want Sugar to tighten up the reins, she's so talented and her staff is making her look bad.
>>
>>92069208
When is the bomb? Memorial Day week?
>>
>>92069866
its on May 8th
>>
>>92069892
Welp, I can't watch it then.
>>
>>92069208
i dont know im scared to look up the new episodes.
a friend told me to watch the one with the fake rose and was fucking retarded, yet he loved it and told me it was a masterpiece or whatever.

i just dont want to get hurt again, this show has disapoint me in so many fucking ways before, please be good.
>>
>>92070434
I agree, the fake rose episode was trash.
>>
>>92069208
Yes.
I just hope it doesn't leak.
>>
>>92070482
>fake rose
???
>>
>>92069208
I'm still a fan of the show but I'm not hyped about the bomb in anyway desu
>>
the bomb are really the only parts guaranteed to be good
>>
>>92069208
I was a big fan in the beginning. I could overlook the stupid episodes that made no sense because they didn't get too stupid and the quality was high.

Then they started adding stupid shit like Steven not aging and you found out he's mentally and physically 7 years old. And then they started killing the animation quality and character design. Then you had shit like the smokey quartz vs Jasper fight

Then it somehow started going even further down hill. So yeah I'm looking forward to it dying.
>>
>>92072085
Garnet vs Jasper finale was the perfect end. Watching after that is nothing but disappointment.
>>
>>92069208
>/co/ was literally all over this a day ago
>is anyone interested
M'kay
>>
>>92069208
bomb

i liked it and still watch it, but i'm hoping we might get something better
it has gotten to the level of TTG for me, where it's like 'eh, it's alright, sometimes it has pretty good episodes, but don't follow vigorously'

it's too much emotionbait and the tumblrtale style writing makes it feel incredibly shallow lately along with trying to set up a lore when it has inconsistencies all over the place

the cartoony aspects just feel like an afterthought, like a plumber coming to fix your sink in tights, only he will start crying half-way through
>>
Sure. I still monitor /co/ for news of it and watch new episodes promptly.
>>
>>92069208
I've liked it and still liked it. No idea what everyone is on about itt about it declining. It's always had sketchy frames here and there. Nothing unusually bad.

New bomb looks neat
>>
>>92069353
This

The show has so much fucking potential but they keep ruining it with shitty sub plots and cock teasing us with character progression.

Not to mention the art quality has gone from pretty damn good to absolute horse shit.
>>
CNs efforts to kill the show are working thats for sure
>>
>>92069892
>>92069866
I think it will be realesed to watch on CN app on friday
>>
>>92069208
>>92069547
>>92074281

This show is fucking god awful imo, but it's one of those things I can't help but see through to the end since I already started. Like watching a horrible vehicle accident in china. I just want to see how it ends.

I don't ever watch it on TV though. I just wait tills it's uploaded elsewhere.
>>
I'm really bummed out at how much interest my friend and I lost in this show. My friend held out longer than I did but in the end we decided that we weren't having fun with it anymore.

I'll probably check it out again when it amasses a bigger backlog though.
>>
>>92069208
Most of the fanbase are carry ons from Ex-Adventure Time and Homestuck fans.
It seemed they didn't learn their lesson.
Learn to accept this show won't have a proper ending or competent storytelling and you'll sleep much better at night.
>>
I can't get excited for 50mins of content every 6 months.
>>
>>92069208
Fan? No it sucks
Excited? I will watch it, who knows that fight between amathyst and Steven was one of the best things to do de come out of the show and I wasn't expecting it at all
Honestly as long as they don't make another Sadie's song it's only ten minutes per episode, I hope whoever made that crap got fired, first time in over a decade I have to turn off the TV because it's so bad I can't watch jt
>>
Remember when "leaks" were actual leaked episodes before the air date? Not just promotional material pretending to be unauthorized.
>>
>>92072169
By this point half the board has Steven universe thread's filtered so they don't even know about it
That's why people complain when you keep making threads, somehow there are 23 hidden threads and 4 visible ones that bypass the fikters
>>
>>92075125
By this point the only way of getting people interested is reversed psychology
No, you can't watch the trailers
>>
>>92075139
>Hiding threads
What's the point? They fall off the board in a day anyways. It's practical on slower boards that still have broken OP images from February. But not /co/
>>
File: lapis.png (56KB, 272x305px) Image search: [Google]
lapis.png
56KB, 272x305px
>>92069208
I've been gradually losing interest in SU for a long time now. Used to be that I would at least get excited for episodes that seem big/important, but it's gotten to the point where I can't muster any interest about even that. I'll still check out what happens when the eps release on Friday though.
>>
File: IMG_1087.jpg (117KB, 349x1160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1087.jpg
117KB, 349x1160px
>>92069208
>are you still a fan?
Yes
>are you interested in the bomb
Yes, I've been avoiding the leaks of the new gems as much as I can, though I don't know how much more I can take of small glimpses
>>
>>92069208
Iwant it to die! The show sucks and it's MLP 2.0. Stupid lesbian ge!ms and a gay Mexican with down syndrome. SJW agenda.
>>
>>92075212
>What's the point?
Hide Steven universe thread's
Half the autism in the board magically goes away
>>
File: 1491012016419.jpg (401KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1491012016419.jpg
401KB, 1280x1280px
>>92069208
I don't HATE it, I'm just disappointed in it and stopped caring about it. If it got cancelled tomorrow it wouldn't bother me. I'll watch the upcoming bomb to see if it's gotten any better
>>
>>92069208
Still love it. Have come to grips with the fact that /co/ will talk shit about it cause it rubs against their alt-right sensibilities.

That wasn't what made me like the show in the first place, but to see this many Nazis butthurt over it is sort of an icing on the cake.
>>
File: 1493411710535.png (171KB, 315x223px) Image search: [Google]
1493411710535.png
171KB, 315x223px
>>92069208

I'm kinda put off by it mostly due to the fact that I've seen nothing but stupid fucking filter for the last few episodes.

I'm honestly convinced that R. Sugar is just going to milk the show for what it's worth just to make money. There will be no end to Steven Universe, much like there will be no end to adventure time.

That's what pisses me off about American cartoon shows (good as they start), is that most of them have a beginning, a middle, but almost never, EVER an end.
>>
>>92069208
Not sure.

It has high highs and low lows. Which probably wouldn't hurt as bad if came out weekly instead of every five months.
>>
>>92069547
i agree bit it was more the 5th/6th season where AT went to hell for me. picked up tremendously in the past year or so. i have hope SU can do the same.
>>
>>92069208
Nah. It lost me after the whole Space Arc, which I even liked. Afterword though, I felt like I was watching it out of obligation. The episodes seemed to have loss of sense of focus and visual consistency, an even the "non-plot", "filler" episodes, of which I enjoyed have lost all charm. They've become less Lion 2's or Last One Out of Beach City to an unless streams of Shirt Club. So I'm out maybe I'll be back after White Diamond's reveal if she seems rad.
>>
>>92069547
I agree that AT season 4 was the weakest, but it is still miles better than this season of SU. It's so bad it beggars belief.
>>
File: 1463711363708.jpg (868KB, 776x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1463711363708.jpg
868KB, 776x1200px
>>92075546
I feel like SU has a clearer end game in mind with the main villains and conflict established.

But I don't know why they keep shifting focus back to side-characters that have little to no development when they already have interesting main characters in the group that still need fleshing out.
>>
>>92075546
>There will be no end to Steven Universe, much like there will be no end to adventure time.
AT is ending pretty soon, and the show seems to be trying to wrangle up the half decade worth of retarded plot threads they've started. I have some small level of hope for that.
SU too, apparently isn't getting that many more seasons before it's done. That's why I want it to fucking hurry the hell up and start doing important shit already instead of townies.

It's more like the shows do have an end, but it's long after the original concept was rendered unusable and it comes pretty suddenly when the show finally stops being popular enough.

Instead of knowing you have two seasons and thus constructing everything to be resolved by then, you end up getting 5 seasons but then you're suddenly told a 6th isn't coming and OH SHIT we have to find some way to end this shit in 30 episodes or something. It stinks.
>>
>>92072127
>the last words of the show would've been yikes from once best gem

I would've loved that
>>
I never really liked it, honestly. Those gems are just straight up evil.
>>
File: trifusion.png (284KB, 1250x1250px) Image search: [Google]
trifusion.png
284KB, 1250x1250px
>>
File: Mister Greg.png (981KB, 1280x949px) Image search: [Google]
Mister Greg.png
981KB, 1280x949px
>>92069208
I think the weird air date schedule isn't doing it any favors. I liked the space arc but the way they air things means that the last four months or so has nearly all been filler.

I'm find with slice-of-life as long as it's with fun or interesting characters, but every season has its townsfolk quota to meet.
>>
>>92069208
I am. I recognise its flaws and S4 is a pretty weak season so far, but I'm still having fun watching it.
>>
>>92069208
If home world doesn't become a major threat in the next bomb it's the last straw and I'm dropping the show.
I don't understand why they are making home world a joke. They were serious shit in jailbreak.
Then Peridot became a gremlin, Jasper became a fusion crack whore, yellow diamond gets humiliated without any consequences, blue diamond is a literal giant baby, and Holly Blue gets taken down in 10 seconds.
They built up this evil space empire only to turn them into Saturday morning villains.
>>
I'll watch it, but I'm not excited for it. Honestly half the episodes I just end up skipping through these days.
>>
>>92071327
Storm in the Room.
Whiny children were disappointed because it didn't just break the premise of the show.
>>
>>92071261
>leak
Well, no. It will "officially pre-release" on their app service.
>>
>>92077390
Well, the arc is about everyone getting abducted to make Steven turn himself in and the CG are scared of the Gems they sent for the job, so I guess they won't luck out this time and fight a kindergarten teacher and an emotionally fragile wreck.
>>
>>92069208
Yes, and yes.
This whole season wasn't as impactful as I had wanted it to be and I think Sugar needs to choke a bitch and a half between the boarders.
But with the obvious horror beats of the bomb (which worked in Nightmare Hospital, too) and the consequences that will come from it, I am hype for what is to come.
>>
>>92069208
The only bomb I would like from this show is it bombing.
>>
>>92069208
I'm fairly excited about what's going to happen during the events of I am my mum. Steven apparently heads for homeworld at the end so that is exciting
>>
>>92074572
I miss episodes like Frybo or Steven and the Stevens. Now they focus on shitty """lore""" and garbage townies.
>>
>>92078274
I don't think he'll go there.
They may want to try him on one of the ships so not the whole planet is aware immediately.
>>
>>92078336
Doug Out seems pretty close to Frybo.
Plus a new Connie outfit. She rocks that Carmen Sandiego.
>>
this show was so strong and had so much potential. do we know for sure who was responsible for it turning into total shit? why there is so much boring townie filler? is it because of zuke? because ian left? what?
>>
the last great episode that made me feel anything was centipeedle. everything we've had lately has been boring filler and bullshit that was hyped up with little payoff. the meandering plot coupled with the terrible scheduling makes this show infuriating to watch. just wrap it up and end it already.
>>
I-I marathoned the show in order to get up to speed.

It took me about 4 months to get through S1. It was horrible, I hated it.

Once I hit S2 I finished everything in 3 days.

My love for the show blossomed as lore got revealed, and the latest season has been my favorite so far. (Mostly because I love lapis and peridot, they're about the only thing that makes non-lore eps 'work' for me.)

So... yeah, I'd consider myself a fan. I'm not going to kill myself to watch the bomb though because my roommate buys all the eps on youtube the moment she can. For some reason.
>>
>>92075395

You lazy little shit, is that ALL the effort you are prepared to invest in a bait post?? A short string of buzzwords any casualfag could pick up after skimming any SU thread??

If you were a slave of mine you wouldn't be able to walk straight for a week after such a poor performance!
>>
File: Rose_Quartz_-_Hologram.png (283KB, 874x1282px) Image search: [Google]
Rose_Quartz_-_Hologram.png
283KB, 874x1282px
>>92077417

Well, this 'whiny child' was mainly disappointed because Rose didn't leave a message for Steven in her room that would trigger and play when he asked "Why did you kill Pink Diamond?".
>>
>>92069208

I am still a huge fan and I think it's getting better and better.

I loved the blue diamond reveal, and her dub was so fucking good! The space zoo arc was a lot of fun.
>>
>>92078874

So you are as big a fool as I am.

SUckers for life.
>>
>>92078913
I'm worried about how they'll handle that.

That said, I kind of like how shit Rose has been about addressing her murder. Rose came off as an infallible Mary Sue before that shit started coming out and it was one of the major flaws of the show in my eyes.
>>
>>92078945

Really? It was always kind of obvious. Sort of like seeing the negative space: she ain't there anymore, but everybody remembers her with fondness without going into too much detail.

Kinda like Li Nalas.

Also, I hesitate to call it a 'murder'.

I also suspect at some pojnt it wasn't her at all but Pearl.

I mean, the insurrection didn't START with the death of Pink Diamond, did it? It happened somewhere half way, AFTER the Beta Kindergarten was activated... otherwise the question "Where were you when you heard that" to Jasper was absurd.

So... peace talks... and for some reason, Pearl does something awful... and Rose is like: "Okay. Okay. We can salvage this, but you have to do what I tell you..."
(Rose and Pearl come out of the rooms)
"Pink Diamond is dead! I, Rose Quartz, have shattered the tyrant!"
It may not have been the best solution, but the alternative would have been turning Pearl over to the Diamond authority as a gesture of good faith.

Which a sane person would have done, but Rose was all about the emotional shit.
>>
>>92069208
I'm just here for fusion shit. Such a cool concept.
>>
>>92078874
>I love lapis and peridot
>the latest season has been my favorite so far

Shhhht....people might hear you. Those are not the most popular opinion these days.
Peridot is still my fave too though

Btw I've been noticing how people who are only now getting on board and are able to binge watch seem to be a lot more optimistic and positive about the show currently than the ones who have been following it for over an year at the least.

>>92078923
>SUckers

Pls don't...this reminds how a certain fandom came to be.
>>
>>92079233
>Pls don't...this reminds how a certain fandom came to be.

TFuckers?
>>
I like the show and all, but the fucking terrible scheduling has pretty much turned me off it completely. I'll just ignore it until it's either finished or cancelled so I can just binge watch it.
>>
>>92079157
>Dose theories

Interesting shit. Not sure if I buy it, but it does give me something to chew on. If it was pearl that's fucking hilarious.

>>92079233
>Btw I've been noticing how people who are only now getting on board and are able to binge watch seem to be a lot more optimistic and positive about the show currently than the ones who have been following it for over an year at the least.

That's interesting. My roommate who was trying to get me into SU forever is also a lot less optimistic than I am. I remember S1 feeling like... homework, when I watched it. It's honestly the main reason I don't recommend the show to anyone because it's such a slog but it's required watching. Yet thinking back, weren't the fans super vocal about liking it from day one?

Maybe the series has taken such a toneshift that it appeals to an entirely different demographic now?
>>
>>92080114
I have to admit I haven't watched the show from day 1 either and got onboard shortly after the Sardonyx arc, but was then also more optimistic than a whole bunch were. First 20 episodes of S1 felt also like a chore to me while others were pretty nostalgic towards it, even more so present day. I feel like the awful scheduling really influences us viewers on how positive we are about the general story development. If you binge watch you'll be able to go through the slow parts of the show faster and will also be able to see the importance of some of these episodes clearer because it foreshadowed or reflected on something relevant to the plot later. To us who experienced more hiatus we either forgot about these episodes and the slow parts feel extra slow. Personally I feel like it's slowly effecting me too. I still think this show will recover and have fun watching most of the episodes but not as much as when I binge watched it.
>>
>>92078874
Peridot and Lapis and the stupid barn are part of what's turned the show to shit
>>
File: dfzsv.png (837KB, 892x515px) Image search: [Google]
dfzsv.png
837KB, 892x515px
>>92078470
yeah, but
>connie episode
>>
File: 1479162350709.png (136KB, 471x411px) Image search: [Google]
1479162350709.png
136KB, 471x411px
>>92078874
>It took me about 4 months to get through S1. It was horrible, I hated it.
>My love for the show blossomed as lore got revealed, and the latest season has been my favorite so far.

haha oh wow. you should kill yourself
>>
>>92080251
>I feel like the awful scheduling really influences us viewers on how positive we are about the general story development

Huh. You know that would make a lot of sense. Bomb scheduling is kinda retarded.

>>92080644
...? I don't get why anyone would like season 1. It's an important foundation but it was boring as fuck. Why does it appeal to you? Seriously, help me understand.
>>
File: 1392609245135.png (319KB, 427x427px) Image search: [Google]
1392609245135.png
319KB, 427x427px
Don't have to worry about disappointing your fans if everyone's already stopped watching your show
>>
>>92075139
>By this point half the board has Steven universe thread's filtered
t. anon's ass
>>
>>92080634
Yes, I'd be anticipating because it is a Connie episode if not for Lamar and Katie writing it.
>>
>>92078470
doug out could be good.
I know I'll be disappointing though
>>
>>92080634
Naw. Doug episode. Onion episode. Calm before the storm episode with ominous written all over it.
>>
File: 1493602850207.jpg (76KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
1493602850207.jpg
76KB, 333x500px
>>92078945

My worrie is that while in the early show they showed her as an infallible Mary Sue and now there's some doubts about it, ITS ALL BUILDING UP TO THE BIG REVEAL THAT SHE WAS IN FACT...!

Just a huge Mary Sue!

That's my fear, that she was some kind of genius that had it all planed and there was no danger of anything going wrong, that everything leading up to now was her doing

Unfortunately, the alternative is she didn't plan anything and she was in fact a mouth breathing retard like the rest of her race and that for all of these events leading up to earth being saved depended almost exclusively on luck, becouse we saw what happened, there was no fucking plan about anything, they took the dumb route almost at every point and they can't manage to get their shit together even for a second

Its not looking good guys...
>>
>>92080830
Well, if you see no room betweem KEIKAKU MASTERU! and mouth breather, then you haven't gotten the message of the show. The thing is Rose was many things to many people and she was never as great or as bad as people remember her.
>>
>>92080830
>That's my fear, that she was some kind of genius that had it all planed and there was no danger of anything going wrong, that everything leading up to now was her doing
>Unfortunately, the alternative is she didn't plan anything and she was in fact a mouth breathing retard like the rest of her race and that for all of these events leading up to earth being saved depended almost exclusively on luck, becouse we saw what happened, there was no fucking plan about anything, they took the dumb route almost at every point and they can't manage to get their shit together even for a second

I'm not sure if it being mostly luck would be a bad thing.

THAT SAID? We know modern gems have less resources at their disposal than the older eras. There's a general feeling that despite better tech the gem civilization is in decline.

My theory is that Rose's Rebellion wasn't an isolated incident. Frontier colonies all over the place fractured from the empire and at some point they were forced to cut their losses and focus on the core worlds. The rebellion on Earth was only successful because there were so many other small rebellions going on, a bit like Rome Recalling The Legions. I think this would strike a decent balance and could provide a path to make Rose a decent yet flawed character.

That said, I'm wondering if Rose Quartz gems in general are predisposed to rebellion, or wtf is up with that.
>>
>>92080913
The way people treat Rose, it looks like she was their Vietnam. The rebellion ran forever, they wasted too many resources and the planet wasn't worth it. With PD dying, they had to cut their losses and glass that shit marble.
There may have been other insurrections, but likely nothing this traumatic, just because PD died.

As for Rose Quartzes, they are not rebellious as such. They are not made to rebel. They are made to care. Given they were Pink's creation, her zoo keepers, wardens of the healing springs, they were designed to care for others first and foremost. To care for humans, probably. So our Rose got conflicted when (likely Yellow) proposed the plans Peridot showed the CG.
She cared, so she could not just watch them end Earth.
That's why they use Amethysts now in the Zoo. They are inferior caretakers, but they couldn't be trusted with sensitive work, given they came from the blasted shit marble called Earth. And all the Roses got bubbled for fear of another insurrection.
>>
File: IMG_7987.jpg (529KB, 2400x2400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7987.jpg
529KB, 2400x2400px
>>
File: 1492987623172.jpg (35KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1492987623172.jpg
35KB, 640x480px
>>92069208
Memes aside and jokes on it never ending...how do you think this show will end, anons?
>>
>>92080644

Really? He is optimistic and happy and you are bitter and cynical and HE should kill himself? No. I don't think so.

>>92080674

I think he meant that anyone who likes the recent episodes is wrong.

>>92080830

That's kind of silly. One of the major themes in the show is that Rose was not perfect. Sucrose is not suddenly gonna go "Ha ha, j/k".
>>
File: 1493431000761.png (4KB, 274x274px) Image search: [Google]
1493431000761.png
4KB, 274x274px
>>92080902

What exactly is the middle point in this, anon? At face value, she didn't planed anything, she didn't left any instructions to their subordinates, maybe explaining how her powers worked and pass on that knowledge to her son, telling her offpring about what happened at the war and maybe what it means to be a crystal gem, or anything really

For example, she had a tape for her son/daugther but aparently that depended heavily on him coming across lion, which no one of their companions knew or ever heard about, which was in the middle of desert, which also depended on lion recognising steven as rose's son and knowing what a son even was, that he knew what a tape was and also when to give it out

That could have failed miserably at almost all stages, from the get go lion could have not encountered steven at all, and if he's really inteligent and he could, he also needed to know when to do it, becouse he gave him that at age 13 but if not for random chance he could have given him that at age 20 or even 50 where those words might not be needed or wanted, when steven asks if he can keep it all the gems had to do was just say "No" or maybe just outright attack him on sight becouse its a half a ton flesh eating lion near steven, and then everyhing its ruined, tape lost

All of that, instead of just give the tape to greg or the gems

And like that there's more, but you get the point, it really is either KEIKAKU MASTERU! or retard
>>
>>92069547
This right here, the last season has been utter shit but the earlier seasons and the fact that AT managed to bounce back have given me some sort of hope. I plan on sticking around until about midway into season 5, and if things are still bad only watching it in seasonal batches.
>>
>>92081359
>this show will end
steven hugs and cries at someone and the world ends but it doesn't because plot
>>
>>92075451
but anon
You are autistic.
>>
>>92080913
>My theory is that Rose's Rebellion wasn't an isolated incident.

Agreed. Homeworld underlings like Peridot would probably never hear about stuff like that in case it would demoralize them.

>>92081122
>As for Rose Quartzes, they are not rebellious as such. They are not made to rebel. They are made to care.

>Dozens of Rose Quartzes
>Dozens of moms aching to take care of ill and wounded people

Oh man. So. Much. 34.

>>92081359

Steven will develop his healing power to the extent he can heal corrupted and/or shattered gems. It only makes sense. He healed Lapis when he had barely learned to do anything. And he's getting better at things all the time.

When the Diamonds discover that he has the power to heal even shattered gems - he'll start by sifting through the cluster piece by piece to find each last shard of a given gem, and then fix them by popping them in his mouth for a while - they will doubt...

Steven will end the war with Homeworld by restoring Pink Diamond, also clearing the karmic debt of his mother so she can finally join the Alllspark.
>>
>>92081525
>Episode where they free all the Roses in the zoo
>Explosion of milf gem porn
>>
File: dis.jpg (46KB, 640x920px) Image search: [Google]
dis.jpg
46KB, 640x920px
>>
File: 1491573958259.jpg (57KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1491573958259.jpg
57KB, 500x375px
Will we ever get to know where the gems initially came from? As in who built them in the first place/the origins of their race?
>>
>>92082667
That's endgame stuff.
I also prefer the theory that the gems themselves made themselves what they are today.
>>
File: Hypothesis.jpg (386KB, 1878x742px) Image search: [Google]
Hypothesis.jpg
386KB, 1878x742px
>>92082667

My two cents.
>>
>>92075474
This
>>
>>92083114
It'd make more sense if it turned out that future humans rather than humans from the past made the gems and then put the gems back in the past so that they could fully mature and pick them up later.
>>
>>92075639
Because sugar is a enormous fucking pushover, she has no control over her environment, and if what happened with zuke before she got fired was a indicator of what the norm is, I'm surprised that the show hasn't nosedived even further than it already has
>>
>>92077626
>I'm hype for what's to come
Well unless she gets her little peons back under control
It's gonna be shit
>>
>>92069208
>anyone still a fan in any way?
Kind of though I've gotten a bit out of it lately.
>anyone interested in bomb?
Not really, I'll probably wait until its over and then binge them all that weekend. Maybe if I had one of those rating boxes, can't remember the actual name, I would care more.

At this point I've considered just trying to forget about it for a year or two and come back when it's over to just watch everything. But with the bombs it might be longer than that.
>>
>>92078783
Probably because Ian left, dude kept the ADHD pink haired rinky dinks that board the show under control, it must have been a nightmare to have to work with retards like that
>>
File: 1492928469287.jpg (108KB, 550x791px) Image search: [Google]
1492928469287.jpg
108KB, 550x791px
>>92083114

Oh, its you again
>>
>>92083339
For what it's worth, the whole thing's getting released digitally tomorrow, so it'll be up all over the place before long.
>>
>>92083479
I'm not actually going to watch the bomb but rather wait for /co/ to watch it tomorrow and see how people faired and enjoy any memes that come of it.
>>
>>92078895
Is that a threat
Or a offer
>>
>>92078945
Hopefully they use it to have Steven mature and grow up mentally and in turn physically somewhat. Since learning that your parents are actually normal people with flaws is part of growing up, assuming there's no shit like abuse going on of course.

But I'm sure instead they'll have Steven learn a lesson that he's already learned before. Then a bomb or two later he'll learn that lesson again.

Also been watching Season 1 again and I can't believe Homeworld left something like a fully functional time machine that apparently still worked perfectly after thousands of years with no maintenance or anything just laying around on Earth. You think that if someone was going to abandon a planet that would be one of the first things they would take with them off world.
>>
>>92079233
>Pls don't...this reminds how a certain fandom came to be.

Alright fellow Gemtleman.
>>
>>92069208
If by "fan" you mean slightly interested, then yes. I feel like I did with Gravity Falls. Too much time between episodes has made me apathetic. Sure, I'd like to see some more, but they don't feel as "special" anymore. Though, this is also because of the horrendously slow pace it has. People who think SU doesn't have filler are ignoring how much of a weeb Sugar is.
>>
>>92081359
>how do you think this show will end, anons?

CN cancels it on a random episode in favor of TTG getting more timeslots.
>>
>>92081525
But there's nothing saying Steven's healing actually can improve in anyway. I mean what's going to happen, his spit get a bit clearer or something?
>>
>>92083223

I'd call that nonsense EXCEPT we already know time travel exists.

Shhhiiiiiiiiittt

...What if the gems are from the future?

>>92083380

Yes, of course. And is it you again or someone else?

>>92083564

Kind of a bit of both, depending on what mood one is in.

>>92083734

...But not if they didn't know it existed... the time travel issue is something they desperately need to adress.

Peridot: "YOU HAVE A FUNCTIONAL CHRONOPORTER??!"

>>92083937

...I don't understand what you're trying to say.
>>
>>92084059
>...I don't understand what you're trying to say.

I don't remember any evidence for his healing ability actually getting better, or for that point changing at all in how well it works. Most it does is stop working occasionally. So there's nothing saying it can just get good enough to heal corruption. Honestly I think it's going to take another McGuffin for the corruption issue to get solved, assuming it's ever addressed again.

>...But not if they didn't know it existed...

Why would Homeworld not know about the time machine on Earth? A time machine would be a pretty big thing and any government worth their salt would keep them under lock and key at all times with someone keeping visual contact on it at all times.

At best they would have figured it would be destroyed along with the rest of the Earth when the Cluster erupted. But that would still have left thousands of years for someone to get their hands on it and start using it against them. The fact that it was picked up by someone dumb enough that they couldn't think of anything beyond making a band where all the members were their self from different points in their personal timeline was sheer luck. Seriously, that'd be like finding a genie in a lamp and using all three wishes for some fast food or some shit.
>>
>>92081427
Rose isn't perfect, but the show does a pretty bad job of really following through with that. Sure she has her flaws but they don't even seem to matter that much. Hell I really wouldn't be surprised if it turns out she wasn't 100% culpable for shattering PD.
>>
File: 1491860149904s.jpg (2KB, 86x125px) Image search: [Google]
1491860149904s.jpg
2KB, 86x125px
>>92084059
>I'd call that nonsense EXCEPT we already know time travel exists.
>Shhhiiiiiiiiittt
>...What if the gems are from the future?

Well you'd have to consider the fact that having humans from the past have a civilization far more advanced than the one they currently have in the show totally disappear or not be known to the gems (when gem ruins after thousands of years still exist) on top of the fact that most gems take about hundreds of years to get out of the ground and there were hundreds of gems before they established kindergartens, likely before your proposed time period, on plenty of other planet systems that are billions of light years, away that your theory does have plenty of problems. At least with the future theory time periods wouldn't be as set, there would be a reason why super advanced human civilization stuff isn't shown or talked about because it doesn't exist yet, and there'd be an excuse for gems to be everywhere before FTL ships were likely to have been perfected because they'd have been planted at a time when the universe was new, perhaps billions of years in the past.

You also have to acknowledge that having the humans evolved to a point that they'd be able to advance to that technological capablity would be ignoring a lot of the evolutionary history that made humans capable of existing in the first place. You'd have to put species like Homo habilis and even Megazostrodon to an extent Waaaaay back and in order to have mammals advance to a point where they'd be capable of sentience at your proposed time period. And even then technological advancement is highly dependent on an increasingly large network of a community. Some people argue that language didn't exist until 100,000 years ago when groups were large enough so that communication at such an advanced (albeit primitive at the time) form of communication was possible anatomical/necessary.
>>
>>92075541
I know this is bait but I'm tired, most people hate it now first and foremost because the characters fucking suck now and the plot is going nowhere.
>>
My main gripe is that the characters used to have some semblance of subtlety and depth. Maybe not all of them (especially the townies who have always been terrible), but the core cast had some great things going on, and Peridot was probably the height of that with her character arc.

It actually started going south a bit with Garnet first. Her entire character was always fusion shit after Ocean Gem/Mirror Gem. Not that she was super deep before that, but she started becoming more one note in terms of what her character would do. If it was a Garnet ep, we knew it would be about fusion for the most part, which just lent to the episode being a little more predictable and boring and one note because of that.

Peridot and Lapis became complete trainwrecks. They really mishandled Lapis by having all of her character development offscreen, by which I mean she had no character development at all. Boarders seemed to forget Lapis' hatred of the crystal gems when it was convenient, or only REALLY brought it up for a joke. And some of Lapis' jokes have been really funny, but after a while that's all she was, jokes. Don't even get me started on that carwash episode, holy shit.

Steven has been repeating the same type of character arc for at least 2 seasons now and it's getting old. Connie has gone absolutely nowhere. Amethyst has been pushed away. We still don't know SHIT about Pearl's backstory and she's been pushed away as well.

What the fuck is the point of watching SU if I just have come to either hate or not care about any of the characters anymore?
>>
>>92069547
This, it only went to shit when she gave them more control.
>>
>>92069208
I am real fucking close to dropping it, but I'll sit through the bomb.
>>
Steven Universe has always been shitty.

>bad art
>terrible jokes
>retarded subplots
>filler city
>horrible (dare I say it, "mean-spirited") characters
>weak character development that is reset next episode
>contradictory plot points and inconsistency in general

I never understood why people thought this ever came close to Adventure Time or Avatar or even Gravity Falls. It doesn't feel like a show rather than a bunch of concepts.
>>
>>92084331
>Why would Homeworld not know about the time machine on Earth?

Precisely because they are not scouring the Earth looking for it. A time machine could solve literally any problem, and in any case they could not risk leaving it in enemy hands.

But they are not looking for it, so they don't know it exists. Leaves the question why the Crystal Gems DO know it exists.

>>92084420

I would be surprised if it turned out that she WAS.

>>92084640
>You also have to acknowledge that having the humans evolved to a point that they'd be able to advance to that technological capablity would be ignoring a lot of the evolutionary history that made humans capable of existing in the first place. You'd have to put species like Homo habilis and even Megazostrodon to an extent Waaaaay back and in order to have mammals advance to a point where they'd be capable of sentience at your proposed time period.

Absolutely not. Anatomically modern humans appeared at least 200,000 years ago. They were indistinguishable from us. The oldest known culture - the one associated with Gobekkli Tepe, and we know nothing about them really - is "only" 12,000 years. I am proposing there was a human society about 175,000 years ago, ie during history that we know happened in real life...

and I explained the lack of ruins away with the idea that humans didn't want buildings or other structures on Earth anymore, since they didn't need them, so they were just a blot on the landscape.
>>
>>92088078
There seemed to be more to it. The story wasn't contradictory because we weren't told much about it for 60 or so episodes. We could make up a lot of stuff and that was the fun of it.

Now, I don't care.
>>
>>92088201
Every show feels like this. It's more fun in the beginning because we can predict like crazy and come up with wild theories.
>>
>>92082667
I doubt they really "came from" anywhere. Their home planet probably just had the perfect eco-system for them to occasionally pop out of the ground naturally, then at some point they became smart enough to control the process mechanically.
>>
I'm hoping the next season is the last just so we can see what it's all been building up to sooner.
>>
>>92088318
Not the random shows. You don't see many threads on the lore of Spongebob. At least I haven't. I guess Star Vs. will crash eventually, but right now it goes strong.

With SU we know how the space nazi story will end, and I've never cared about the humans in the show.
>>
>>92088078

But then why do you watch it?
>>
>>92088318
Not just that. SU built up so much stuff for so long interlocking and connecting, people are exhausted and butthurt because their billion theories didn't come true. The show had no chance of sating all that hype and Sugar will have known that.
That's why she didn't really try, I think.
They couldn't keep adding shit because AT would have happened. And they could not make everything true because it was all contradictory extrapolations.
And if they tried, they would have shot their load early, explode the scope and then collapse into boring playing down of inevitably.
So they had to keep the dripfeed going somehow, put pieces into their place and keep the premise intact theough all that.
But now people are impatient. They can't wait forever and CN made it all about long, looong droughts of nothing.
So resentment is high and people bitch about everything.
Right now we are headed for Homeworld retaliation, but nobody even noticed.
The whole bomb is a horror homage, nobody even cares to look at it.
Pink Diamond hasn't jumped out of a box, so whatever.
>>
>>92079157
Good faith in what? From what we've seen the war was effectively lost and the planet got nuked. We can only assume that the reason Rose and her gang survived was that they were able to all fuse into one being and shield themselves.

I don't see how Rose being the killer is any better than Pearl with that theory.
>>
>>92088668
It's implied that Rose shielded the face of the cliff where the temple is now, forming the current topography. By herself or in fusion may not even matter, but I think the Temple must be later because Amethyst is included in the design, making it irrelevant to the war in general.
>>
>>92069208
Not everyone is as interested in fitting in with the cynical hivemind circlejerk a large portion of /co/ has for this show, so yes there are still fans. Could do without the retarded bomb format though, even though there're weirdos out there that do like it.
>>
File: impressedamethyst.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
impressedamethyst.png
2MB, 1600x900px
>>92089088
it's not so much cynicism as the fact that /co/ is populated by manchildren who can't handle when their cartoons explore anything with thematic depth greater than a fart joke.

see: /co/ on late at.
>>
>>92090228
The bait is strong.
>>
>>92078336

I was honestly really into the show until after season 1.. then I hated it and just stick around because I want to see it end. The part of me that hoped it would get better like it use to is dead
Thread posts: 139
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.