[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Be /co/ mods >Allow /co/ creator and VA threads >Don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 9

File: IMG_5978.jpg (81KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5978.jpg
81KB, 900x900px
>Be /co/ mods
>Allow /co/ creator and VA threads
>Don't allow Egoraptor threads

Explain.
>>
>>92058333
Egoraptor is no longer an animator
>>
Egoraptor isn't an animator.
>>
When was the last time he made something /co/ related?
>>
>>92058363
>>92058347
>>92058343

By this logic Walt Disney threads should be banned
>>
Mods thought that the screenplay quality in Arin "Egoraptor" Hanson's famous web-animation series was so good that they didn't even recognize it as being /co/ related at first.
>>
>>92058419
... It actually wouldn't surprise me if they did that.
>>
I'M PLAYIN' NUT
>>
>>92058419
I can't even remember the last time I saw a thread about Walt Disney as opposed to the company, but okay.

Is discussion about stuff like the Awesome series banned? I don't see an issue with talking about his old work, but a thread about the guy himself would just turn into a circlejerk about how the Grumps are shit and his gf looks like an alien, same kind of thing as Sinfest.
>>
Ego is shit and doesn't even deserve to have threads on /co/
>>
>>92058419
Walt Disney was an animator up until he died, and his name is still attached to the cartoons his company makes.

An animator who stops animating because they died is very different from an animator who stops animating because being an e-celeb is more profitable.
>>
Why do people still call him Egoraptor? He's just Arin "Grump" Hanson now.
>>
>>92058333
When will Oney move out of his basement?
>>
>>92058564
>I don't see an issue with talking about his old work
What is there to say, really? His work was entertaining at the time it was made but hasn't really held up well today (watch Metal Gear Awesome 2 and tell me that it's still funny). It's not necessarily BAD, it's just not that great.
>>
>>92058619

True; it's not the kind of thread I'd stay in, I just don't see any reason that particular avenue of discussion would be banned.
>>
>By this logic Walt Disney threads should be banned
(You) are a special kind of person or just really desperate for (You)s
>>
>>92058333
>allow TGWTG threads
>don't allow Pan Pizza thread
>>
>>92058333
Egoraptor is a /v/ creator now, not a /co/ creator. And he's not even a good one anymore, easily being overtaken by Supermega and OneyPlays
>>
>>92058333
Because nobody cares about ecelebrities.
>>
He could make one Game Grumps animation, once a year and be fine. Hell, if he live streamed the animation process like Ross did, he'd make a lot of cash right?
>>
>>92058333
Arin is a cuck, that's why.
>>
i wonder how fat he'll get.
>>
>>92059462
Very
>>
>>92058564
>same kind of thing as Sinfest.
But nobody can actually talk about Sinfest drama outside of complaining about Tat's "message", whatever that's supposed to be these days.

Granted, Tat's message triggers threads to be degenerate into /pol/, but technically it's still apples to oranges because posting why you disagree with Sinfest is still talking about the comic if it it's in a cancerous and awful fashion.
>>
>>92059366
No. Youtube would stonewall his channel. What it does is send out notifcations to all your subscribers that you're streaming, and if they don't all immediately drop their shit and watch your stream, Youtube assumes they don't care about your content and it quits notifying them when you release new stuff.

Animation streams are worth more money than the final product on Youtube, but they're not better for you than content people want to watch.
>>
>>92058333
>work 3 hours a week for game grumps
>all that free time to do animation
>doesn't
>meanwhile I'm struggling to do animation and art in my free time
I fucking hate him. It's been said several times on the show that they literally spend 3 hours a week recording and then they make all that fucking money for the next 2 weeks. He has a fucking studio.
>stopped showing up to doodle doods
he could actually make money drawing now on youtube and he still abstains from it.
>making an animation that's similar to girlchan
>not making it a completely different show and calling it girlchan4 with the running gag that's obviously a different series bought by some shitty dubbing company
>>
>>
File: Screenshot_20170503-114654.png (432KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170503-114654.png
432KB, 1440x2560px
>>92059089
Because fuck pan shitaids
>>
>>92059665
Supposedly his main contribution is the "PR" side, but honestly I don't know what the fuck that even means because being an e-celeb isn't that fucking difficult.

At least Dan has the excuse of still working on NinjaSexParty, which apparently eats up all his non-Grump time.
>>
>>92060048
what fucking pr is he doing? is he really managing a twitter that much? he could rape a child and people would still defend him. I can understand if he was doing voice work for justin roiland, but he does a one off character with a gag line, one line. Maybe 30 takes if he's real amateur with it.
>>
>>92058419
>>92058574

Walt Disney was never an animator. He couldn't even draw.
>>
>>92058333
>Egoraptor
>an animator

pick one faggot
>>
>>92058343
This right here.

Ego hasn't done a frame of animation in years. He's /v/ now.

>>92058419
The difference is that Disney is still know for animation.
>>
>>92059462
He'll come out as transgender before he becomes a lard
>>
>>92060229
He already said he won't and has made fun of the people who think he identifies as a woman.
>>
>>92059665
You'd have to do it out of love, especially with the "adpocalypse" thing going on. Even if you pulled in a million views on a new animation, it would only be worth - I don't know, like $500 bucks or whatever. Arin could sell out and make commercials for people at way, way better rates than that.

That said, kind of wonder what he's going to do now that Youtube has crashed into the flaming wreckage we all knew it would be. I hate to invoke anons that trivialize the editing work, but we all kind of recognized that filming yourself playing video games wasn't a career that could last a lifetime.
>>
>>92058575
The title card for GG calls him Egoraptor.
>>
>>92060845
I think they acknowledged that once.
>>
>>92058333
Why would you even WANT to talk about Egoraptor in the first place?

Guy's a dickhead that gave up on what he claimed "was his dream" for an easy profit, and then started putting out some of the most cancerous music I've ever heard.

He lost his way and soon he'll be out of a job if he doesn't take commissions in.
>>
>>92059665
You know what's funny is whenever I hear him talk about how in the early days Newgrounds was "horribly toxic and full of assholes" that made him feel like shit. I was a part of Newgrounds when he was active there and I can fucking tell you he is full of shit because Newgrounds literally could not be nicer to animators who made it into the "top rated of all time" list, which he made it into several times. And even barring that, Newgrounds was no more "toxic" than fucking Reddit is today, and he constantly gushes about how Reddit makes him feel great about what he does so I have no idea where the sudden hate for Newgrounds comes from.
>>
>>92060693
Has the youtube algorithm changed that much?
>>
>>92061114
Nah, iirc AT&T pulled ads from youtube because people monetised "objectionable content" they didn't want to be associated with, fucking over 90%+ of normal content producers.
>>
>>92061089
If there was any animosity, it came from his jealousy of meeting people that actually made cartoons. He talked about it on a psyguy podcast called wha-chow. It's long lost, but he mentioned how he would talk to people in the industry at these parties and they would go on about the work they did. And he'd just reply with cool, I fart into a microphone. I think anything negative about it was self perceived, may of been paranoid that people didn't like him topping the charts when they spent a lot of work on their animation. I'm on newgrounds and I haven't seen one negative comment.
>>
>>92061247
oh, so pewdiepie and h3h3 fucking ruined it as a platform to be on? How fucking fitting that the shitters of the youtube community would be the ones to fucking destroy it.
>>
>>92061247
>>92061114
It wasn't just AT&T that pulled ads. It was tons of advertisers. I think they basically realized Youtube was promoting quantity of quality and they all finally bailed, because why the fuck would they want to be on channels that produce 600 low-effort videos a year?

>>92061336
Pewdiepie wasn't helping. He hired people to hold up a "death to the jews" sign so that the news would talk about him and get him more views. H3h3 is only their normal amounts of retarded. But there's a ton of garbage on Youtube right now, since garbage is the only way to be successful.

The best example of /co/ related problems on that site are how bootleg kid's shows are in the top 500 channels. "Frozen Anna Elsa" cartoons, but with gore and nudity so they can put it in the thumbnails. The Youtube Kids app pays way more for child-friendly material and also promotes it better, so people naturally made lots of low-effort, high quantity kids' channels that rightly shouldn't exist.
>>
>>92058333
Because even when he still animated, his stuff was mostly /v/ related
>>
File: 1491972463947.jpg (130KB, 1280x670px) Image search: [Google]
1491972463947.jpg
130KB, 1280x670px
>>92060229
sweet
>>
>>92060129
He doesn't even run the twitter, that's Ninja Brian
>>
>>92060984
He's said multiple times that voice work is his passion. Ross is the one with dreams of professionally animating.
>>
>>92063037
DAMN
>>
>>92059665
>>stopped showing up to doodle doods
Good. He was the worst part of that show.
>>
>>92058333
Why have a thread about an Internet personality who hasn't animated anything in ten years and has never created one single thing worth looking at
>>
File: 0f23f40735dc1060e3ec4c089c3fc29a.png (697KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
0f23f40735dc1060e3ec4c089c3fc29a.png
697KB, 1024x768px
>>92058333
I don't get what everyone has against egoraptor. I love this guy.
>>
>>92059665
>I hate him because I assume he has SO MUCH free time
He does a shitload of stuff. Him and Danny are even doing some new series, I think for TV? They keep talking about it but it involves a different company.

Anyway he's much busier than you think.
>>
>>92058333
all arin talks about on his let's plays is how great he is, or how he knows so much about whatever they're talking about. Seems like his popularity's gotten to his head.
>>
>>92058333

>drawing the eyes through the hair

Reeeee
>>
>>92060185
Actually he helps his friend ross animate his show on a regular basis
>>
File: arinfixed.jpg (8KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
arinfixed.jpg
8KB, 250x250px
>>92065965
fixed?
>>
>>92064473
Fucking this, Doodle Doods should exclusively be Oney, Ding Dong, Julian, and Ross (who should be contractually obligated to actually try and draw even when he doesn't feel like)
>>
www.bargingo.com
>>
>>92058419
This.

Co mods are hypocrites
>>
File: 180px-Giantfag.jpg (21KB, 180x320px) Image search: [Google]
180px-Giantfag.jpg
21KB, 180x320px
>>92059807
>>92066196
>that parted hair
>>
>>92058564
Imagine if /co/ existed in the 60s, wonder what they would have said about his plans for Disney World?
>>
>>92060129
Flying around and talking to rich people that can give them ad money or voice acting parts or put them in TV shows or whatever else.
>>
>>92066053
No, once again, that is a misconception.

Ego is helping Ross storyboard and is doing voice acting for Ross' GAMEOVERSE show, but as far as the ACTUAL animation goes, that falls solely on Ross and Studio Yotta, which just so happens to be the studio that has been behind most of the animations featured on Egoraptor's channel for the past four years.
>>
File: 1450141934325.png (181KB, 521x335px) Image search: [Google]
1450141934325.png
181KB, 521x335px
>>92058333
>Be land elf
>Walk on stubby elf legs
>Curse at cloud elves
>WHY CLOUD ELVES NO LISTEN TO LAND ELVES?
>Shit elf pants
>Throw elf shit into the sky, hoping to hit Cloud Elves
>Lands back in your face
>WHY DON'T CLOUD ELVES LIKE LAND ELVES?
>Waddle away on stubby Land elf legs, with Elf shit on your face and in your pants
>Cloud Elf eventually wakes up
>Throws lightning bolt at you.
>I, the Orc of the Mountain, laugh at your retribution so hard that I poop myself.
>And so ends another day in the mystical land of 4chandia
>>
>>92058521
>tfw too eloquent for /co/
>>
>>92059462
he loves to eat. although he has some self-awareness about it, so perhaps he won't become obese. ... hopefully.

>>92059665
I'm NEET on autismbux. I've wasted decades and my trajectory suggests I will continue to. I have the intelligence to accomplish a lot, but I don't.
>I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.