[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ALL-NEW NO MORE BENDIS STORYTIME Here's hoping DnAfags

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 143
Thread images: 36

ALL-NEW NO MORE BENDIS STORYTIME

Here's hoping DnAfags get triggered
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>92051045
It don't matter, none of this matters.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>you will never get hooked on a feeling again like in late 2013
Take me back
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>92051196
Oh boy
>>
File: 1491521339295.jpg (5KB, 212x238px) Image search: [Google]
1491521339295.jpg
5KB, 212x238px
Meh. Thanks for the storytime though, at least now I know to avoid this.
>>
Just realized, that Duggan is the man behind this. I think, it wasnt a bad first issue. Will stick for it.
Thanks for Storytiming, OP.
>>
>still SYNERGY: the comic
eh
>>
>>92051066
>>92051059
God damn it. They got me. I'm in.
>>
>>92051107
Why is he a pacifist now? Did this happen in the previous run or his solo series?
>>
>>92051363
OOGA CHAKA OOGA OOGA OOGA CHAKA
>>
>>92051208
>November

Man, this thing got delayed up the wazoo.
>>
>>92051161
Jeff Goldblum!
>>
>>92051363
At least there's a hell of a lot more to "baby" Groot.

>>92051427
Neither. It happened in the time skip between GotG series.
>>
>Synergy Guardians
God fucking damnit, Duggan you disappointed me. I'm gonna wait until the next arc I guess. The first Deadpool arc on his run was pretty terrible too (LMAO DEADPOOL HUNTS ZOMBIE PRESIDENTS)
>>
Maybe this was genuinely good or maybe it's just that even "not offensively terrible" feels good in comparison to bendises of the galaxy. I'll wait for more.

I hope Quill gets a shave though, that beard looks like shit.
>>
I fucking hate this Gamora outfit so much, even the white armor was better & striking then this shit...
>>
Digging Kuders art, its way better than in IvX. Just hope this first arc is a transition/synergy arc like in DP
>>
File: 1399049757945.png (181KB, 309x323px) Image search: [Google]
1399049757945.png
181KB, 309x323px
>stupid colours all over
>movie costumes
>retarded joke on page two
>stupid sex joke not too long later
>even more retardness later
>Humphries Quill
>Baby Groot
>dumb Drax is here to stay
>stealing the Collector again
>still stealing!!!!
>THE MILANO!!!!!
>WALKMAN SOUNDTRACK!!!!!!!
>Continue Bendis and his collaboratos' amazing run
>space street crew
Hello Darkness, my old friend...
>>
>>92051045
In the future, please put the title of the book in the OP
>>
>>92051059
>>92051066
I take it that Galactus' Lifebringer phase isn't common knowledge.
>>
>>92054084
>Dumb Drax is here to stay.

How was he dumb in this?
>>
>>92051161
Nice redesign
>>
>>92051170
>Destoryer
Editors? Hello?
>>
File: quality 9.jpg (157KB, 1280x970px) Image search: [Google]
quality 9.jpg
157KB, 1280x970px
Why are comic artists universally incapable of drawing a fucking raccoon?
>>
>>92054616
You think Marvel has those?
>>
This was really fucking bad....oh man.
>>
>>92054521
Well someone does say "I thought his hunger was sated"

But if you see purple Galactus, what the hell would you do?
>>
I liked it enough to keep reading. But then I wasn't expecting the second coming of DnA. Seriously, it's been 7 years now. It's time to let go you guys.
>>
>>92055387
how so?
>>
>>92051137
Out of all the movie synergy stuff, I'm honestly glad to have the milano in the comics. They needed a ship.
>>
>>92054732
Because they never open up an art reference book and are used to only drawing humans. As a result Rocket usually looks like a dog since they have a vague idea what one of those looks like. Annoyingly enough I actually liked his design towards the end of Bendis'a run,his love G torso made him look less humanoid.
>>
>>92056105
His long torso. Stupid phone.
>>
>>92055531
DNAs run isn't even that great, the first two arcs are good then it's a steep decline, their Nova was way worse though.
>>
File: 1480352837902.gif (44KB, 444x444px) Image search: [Google]
1480352837902.gif
44KB, 444x444px
>>92051088
>Pop culture reference
>>92051092
>Baby Groot
>>92051137
>The Milano
>And I Would Walk Five Hundred Miles--
>>92051170
>Destoryer
>>92051183
>Gamora isn't a whore

All of these are issues with this issue.

I've been burned for years on Guardians comics, and this issue was 4/5. Pleasantly surprised. Happy to have the new team.
>>
>>92056489
>Gamora isn't a whore
How is this an issue
>>
>>92056179
Yeah but nobody around here gives a damn about the actual quality of either. They don't dislike Bendis because, ya know, he's a bad writer. They dislike it because superficially it's not like DnA. If Star-Lord doesn't have a helmet and Gamora doesn't dress like a stripper that's an automatic write-off for a lotta folks round here.
>>
>>92056643
>They don't dislike Bendis because, ya know, he's a bad writer.
Uhh, a lot of people dislike Bendis for that. Is bendis hate really the thing you're going to get up your own ass about?
>>
>>92056489
>Pop culture reference

That actually specifically reminded me of that bit in DnA where Rocket sarcastically says he bought a gun off Ebay, and Quill's all like "How do you know about Ebay?"

>The Milano

If they're gonna bum around in a ship it may as a well be a purty one. Anything's better than the ugly POS they had in the last run.
>>
File: go scooty puff jr go.jpg (693KB, 1186x1800px) Image search: [Google]
go scooty puff jr go.jpg
693KB, 1186x1800px
Wasn't terrible. I am intrigued enough to check out the next issue.

Though I do concur with my scholarly friend here,
>>92052251
>>
....I liked it.
>>
>>92051170
>this is a double-cross
No, Gamora, this is just a single-cross.
Could you at least try to not be an idiot on top of already being terribly dull?
>>
File: image.jpg (230KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
230KB, 960x720px
>>92056643
I am a paying customer, friend.
Wag you little finger all you want- but no giant green tits filling up entire panels and forcing me to read the page three times to sort the dialogue-no fucking sale.
>>
>>92051059
>>92051066
THE GODDAMN RUSEMEN.
>>
>>92051161
Grandmaster, you know the Collector, you know he has a more exquisite collection than you, your deal is obsessive gambling.
>>
>People keep on bitching the costumes are movie tie ins
>None of them are the same.

For what purpose?
>>
>>92054084
>>dumb Drax is here to stay

HE ATE A FUCKING INFINITY GEM. This isn't nearly the dumbest Drax has been.
>>
>>92058573

People forget Space Vin Diesel was a recent development.
>>
>>92056643
I like DnA's GotG because it actually had a story and the team had a purpose. Bendis' is just a shallow, obvious cash-in on movie hype. I don't care if Star Lord has a helmet or not. I care that he's been reduced to a meme spouting hipster. He was great in Annihilation where he didn't even have a suit or a weapon and was just a fucked up cyborg strategist.
>>
>>92051187
>>92051196
Duggan's already doing baby Groot better than Gunn.
>>
File: 1480433153453.jpg (180KB, 1200x868px) Image search: [Google]
1480433153453.jpg
180KB, 1200x868px
I liked it. People just love to complain about first issues too many times. Screw you, /co/. You and your tiny american wieners.
>>
Meh, it's ok. The only thing that triggers me is the shitty art.
>>
>>92058679
>I care that he's been reduced to a meme spouting hipster

How is he a hipster? Because he likes dadrock? What memes does he spout?
>>
Loving the art, and unlike Bendis' the quippy banter is at least a bit funny. I'm willing to give this a shot. Way more interested in how Starlin's read of the Guardians turns out, tho.
>>
>>92058573
Pre IG, The Silver Surfer tricks him by letting him get distracted by a sit-com.
>>
>>92051161
Huh, so that's the new Grandmaster design. Not sure how I feel about it yet.
>>
It was a pretty mediocre issue, and it's pretty much what I expected. Duggan did the exact same thing with the first arc of Deadpool, it was a transition from the Way stuff that had come before. The dead presidents arc was awful, but after that it started getting really good, and is now one of my favorite books.

Plus, the baby Groot thing was obviously movie mandated, but he took it and did something intriguing with it. I want to see where it goes, and Duggan promised me a Rich/Star Lord reunion.
>>
>>92058657
People forget that Giffen/DnA didn't create Drax, Gamora, Groot, and Star-Lord.
>>
>>92059348
Just for you buckaroo.

>>92060494
>>
I'm really hoping Duggan is doing what he did with Deadpool when he started on that
>>
>>92058456
The collector lost everything except his last guard thanks to Thor.
>>
>baby groot
>quill never wearing helmet

Still better than Bendis but man oh man did the movies absolutely destroy the Guardians in comic form.
>>
>>92061214
The Guardians were over in comic form, they were disbanded at the end of Thanos Imperative.
>>
>>92051107
>Pacifist Drax
I'm somewhat interested.
>>
I may have misinterpreted, but Duggan said on a podcast Deadpool #30 would be Scott Adsit's last appearance in the book, and he implied he'd be joining the Guardians. Again, may have misinterpreted it, but it sure sounded that way.
>>
Why are people so salty about DnA shit not existing anymore?

We just had an award winning Guardians run by Bendis (an Eisner Award Winner for you normies)

We have a great Nova run currently.

Drax? Ongoing. Star Lord? Ongoing. Rocket? Ongoing. Groot? Ongoing. Gamora? Ongoing.
>>
>>92051066
Kuder is much better utilized on this than Death of X.
>>
File: thanos quest fast paced fps.jpg (909KB, 1260x1996px) Image search: [Google]
thanos quest fast paced fps.jpg
909KB, 1260x1996px
>>92058456
The Collector only has more stuff, the Grandmaster specified his collection as being more "exquisite". He had Quake before Quake was a thing.
>>
>>92051183
>that makes quill the most put together of all of us
I hate post-movie Rocket.
>>
This was fucking terrible.
>>
>>92051196
That's actually pretty cool right there
>>
>>92054732
Go back to your THICC threads, you pervert.
>>
>>92058456
Gambling isn't the Grandmaster's thing it's competition. And obviously he's competing with the Collector for best collection. Works reasonably well in character.
>>
>>92051187
>>92051196
>With the Groot story, I loved the Walt Simonson Thor run and he spent some time building up the Surtur. We saw him building that sword before we even knew who it was, or what he was doing. We'll crib from that a little bit but we have a story to tell there.
Who's this guy going to turn out to be, /co/?
>>
I enjoyed this issue, movie synergy isn't bad when it makes DnA faggots whine like little bitches.
Gonna put this in my pull list.
>>
So is this like a reboot and the DnA run never happened and retelling their origin more in line with the movie? Why are they thieves? What's going on?
>>
>>92057989
>double-cross
>deceive or betray (a person with whom one is supposedly cooperating).
Like how Grandmaster deceived them by not saying they were stealing from the Collector.

So I wouldn't be calling others idiots if I were you, anon.
>>
>>92056643
>They don't dislike Bendis because, ya know, he's a bad writer. They dislike it because superficially it's not like DnA.

I do hate him because he's a bad writer but yeah as much as I put Giffen and DnA's work in the #1 category I do have to agree these DnAfags are getting annoying.

Also I liked this issue despite the inconsistencies not to mention DnA broke up so you will never see them together ever again.
>>
>>92063963
Yeah he just became a thug who is only interested in money and everyone went along with it.
>>
>>92051176
So what's up with Gamora?
>>
>>92066947
They took a stealing job to secure a dangerous weapon. Still guarding the galaxy.
>>
File: 90928-125137-gardener.jpg (144KB, 400x703px) Image search: [Google]
90928-125137-gardener.jpg
144KB, 400x703px
>>92066232
i mean it could be?
>>
>>92068228
Dunno, but Duggan hinted during that reddit AMA that the issue explaining it is going to have some returning Guardians in it, or at least hints of them.
>>
>>92063269
http://nerdist.com/the-writers-panel-331-gerry-dugganphilipp-meyer/
>I better take Scott with me into space because if I leave him here, who knows what's going to happen him?
>So Scott's in Deadpool 30, but it's his last Deadpool issue.
Huh. He doesn't outright say it, but it sure sounds that way. And he indicated his Guardians would be getting one non-cosmic member.
>>
>>92051045

He literally only wears the helmet in two small panels. Dropped
>>
It was shit.
>>
>>92054084
>movie costumes

Did you even read the issue?
>>
New interview with Duggan.

http://ew.com/books/2017/05/03/all-new-guardians-galaxy-gerry-duggan-comic/

>ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: What does the “all-new” in the title signify?

>GERRY DUGGAN: We’re taking this spacefaring family off into some new situations; even some of the old problems they’re going to face are remade. One of the things they’re turning their attention toward are the wayward, missing Infinity Stones. They’re not as they once were. Post Secret Wars, things are different, and even the Cosmic Elders don’t quite know why. Some of these stones are in new configurations. Some of them are on very high, very difficult shelves to reach. They’ll all be extremely sought-after. As the Guardians unravel the mystery of why these things are changed, it’s an all-out derby in outer space to find them before your enemies do — a race against time or a race against an army or fighting an army. I think Aaron Kuder’s got this brilliant imagination. If I have fun on the page, he has fun on his art board, and I think it translates to the finished product. We’re very proud of this one-year plan of seeing new ideas with older characters. We’re starting with what looks like a mirror of MCU, but it’s going to change pretty quickly.
>>
>>92068050
Yeah, but Dan Abnett is a good enough writer on his own.
>>
>>92073583
>What new problems are each of the Guardians dealing with?

>After Brian Michael Bendis’ run, we’ve jumped forward in time into a scenario where some of the Guardians are questioning not just what they’re doing but also what they’re doing as part of this team and reexamining their priorities. Drax is attempting a life without violence, and we don’t know why. It’s a good opportunity to get some good gags, and some of my favorite stuff is coming up about that, and we’ll find out why this summer. It’s pretty devastating. My job as custodian of these characters is to find ways to hurt them. Let the sun burn them, crisp them a little bit. It hurts my heart a little to do it. Like, who doesn’t love Groot? This version even looks like Baby Groot, but unfortunately, Groot is on the receiving end of some of our darker designs. Rocket is caring for Groot at the moment, trying to keep him healthy; this Groot is not so much a baby as diminished. We’re darkening Gamora a bit, and she’s gonna earn her moniker “Galaxy’s Deadliest Woman.” We’ll find out why in issue 3, and that’s a bit of a gut punch. Funnily enough, at the moment Quill has his stuff together the most, which is a destabilizing point for the team. Plus, at the moment the Guardians are caught between two cosmic elders, Grandmaster and Collector. We open with Grandmaster and then see how other classic Kirby characters make their entrances. That will become the spine of this plan, and that is the Stones. We’re telling a story about the Infinity Stones that doesn’t involve Thanos!
>>
>>92073608
>How do you tell a story with the Infinity Stones that hasn’t been done already?

>It’s something we talked about early on. This is a big grab. The way we look at it, this particular series is going to look at the possibility that their reality is a simulation. That’s something I’m very interested in about our existence. There are smart people backing the possibility that’s true. So here, the characters start thinking their reality might be a simulation, and it’s funny because of course it is all a simulation — so there we get a meta element, some of that Deadpool sauce. So in that version of this reality, what are the Infinity Stones? What we’ll come to realize is their importance as the operating system of this influence. We have a really cool circuit planned for them. We’re keeping it pretty close to the vest, but you’ll see familiar Stones activated and wielded in very different ways than we’ve seen before. It’s going to be very fun to see how they overcome some of these obstacles. We’re definitely trying to see how we can break the story. For some of these characters, the notion that we are in a simulation will be extremely liberating, and for others, demoralizing and depressing. It’s a profound emotional impact for them in different ways. We’re finding new ways to torture these characters.
>>
>>92073636
>As you mentioned, this series has a similar setup to the Guardians of the Galaxy movies. What do you think MCU fans can look for in this series?

>The hope is that fans see the world on screen and want more stories with these characters. They will immediately see these characters and have a grasp of who they are. What I think you’ll get out of it is we have pretty aggressive publishing plan — 24 issues in a year. That’s a lot more adventure and more Guardians than even Burbank can churn out. We’re gonna take these characters who have this immediate impact and familiarity and drop them deep into the core of the Marvel Universe. We’ll begin to change the makeup of the book. We’ve been protecting some of those secrets, but before too long, you’re going to see classic Marvel Kirby characters and also stuff from the Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning run. Nothing makes me happier than seeing on Twitter people call out for their favorite old character, because it’s a bit of a monkey’s paw. We’ll have fun, but some of these characters are not gonna love the situations they find themselves in. The concise point is: We’re gonna take these characters from the screen and do a deep dive of the Marvel cosmic universe. We’ve got new and fun ways of looking at older cosmic characters.
>>
>>92073662
Marvel space stuff has always been weird. What are your guys’ plans for it?

Aaron’s such a talented artist. We say this sincerely: We want to make space weird again. As a product, every issue is a couple bucks, so what are we gonna do that you can’t get elsewhere? We’re playing around with the physics of space and different modes of transport. As you see in the first issue, Grandmaster does not ride around in a spaceship. In a world of infinite possibilities, these Cosmic Elders are characters whose primary power is knowledge, and they can pull from other realities. In the second issue, we see where the Collector lives, and he does have a very interesting home security system. The fun thing too about those Cosmic Elders is we’re not gonna just use them as antagonists. They’re interesting to explore, too. What makes these guys tick? Collector has been seen as a weird guy with a big collection, but isn’t he also collecting knowledge? These are fun questions to answer. The Marvel cosmic universe has always been weird, and now Aaron’s making it beautiful.
>>
>>92058994
I thought Baby Groot had a great arc in Volume 2. Despite how he was marketed as a cutesy mascot character for the film, in the story proper he's full of impotent, adolescent rage at having gone from being the team's main powerhouse to its pet, basically; even Rocket, once the smallest member of the group, now towers over him and can physically make him behave.

You see the many downsides to it, Groot gets bullied, babied, and kicked around constantly; that scene where he's tricked into freeing Nebula to save Rocket from the Ravagers stands out as his most powerless moment. And he's much more violent, lashing out at his teammates and whatever's small enough for him to fight.

On the upside, while his self in the first film seemed to barely pay attention to the events surrounding him out of a sense of ditzy fatigue; Baby Groot is an easily distracted entity fascinated with how fresh and vibrant everything around him is from the Sovereign's capital to Quill's tunes due to his newfound youthful energy. While grown-up Groot lumbered around ponderously, Baby Groot sprints, leaps, slides, and dances. At times, he seems to genuinely enjoy being held and cared for by his fellow Guardians. And the small size he resents so much ends up being integral to Ego's defeat.
>>
>>92073608
>We’re telling a story about the Infinity Stones that doesn’t involve Thanos!

Warlock is coming back?
>>
>>92073912
Probably. When talking about reintroducing old cosmic characters to new readers in this podcast, Duggan mentioned him as an example alongside Phyla.

http://nerdist.com/the-writers-panel-331-gerry-dugganphilipp-meyer/
>>
>>92068814
So, if that does happen... What movie series does Scott Adsit make it to playing Scott Adsit first?
>>
>>92073608
>Drax is attempting a life without violence, and we don’t know why. It’s a good opportunity to get some good gags, and some of my favorite stuff is coming up about that, and we’ll find out why this summer. It’s pretty devastating.

Shit, did Moondragon die again?
This feels like Moondragon died again, maybe because of Drax.
>>
>>92074124

Not GoTG. Gunn has been pretty insistent about Quill being the only human around.
>>
>>92074177
https://jordandwhiteqna.tumblr.com/post/159687956180/any-plans-for-moondragon-and-phyla-vell-on-the

>One of them is going to show up during the first few issues of the new book…but not in a way you will expect.

Uh-oh. You might be onto something, anon.

>all these hints at Phyla coming back, and Moondragon might be dead again by then
>>
>>92074335
When did Moondragon die?
>>
>>92074391
First time was at the end of Defenders when she was killed along with her evil dragon half. Second time was when Ultron ripped out her heart during Annihilation: Conquest.
>>
>>92074224
It's like anti-Star Wars.
>>
>>92074442
she got better though. phyla didn't.
>>
>>92051196
>"Once we mass-produce the Groot"
>>
>way more losers bitching about DnAfags than there are actual DnAfags bitching

Remind me who the triggered manchildren are again.
>>
>>92059336
>Because he likes dadrock
What the hell is Dadrock?
>>
>>92074540
Okay? Doesn't change the fact that it soudns like Duggan intends to bring Phyla back, and that it might turn out Moondragon's dead again.
>>
>>92074598
Some dumb bullshit the kids are trying to meme because rap wasn't a thing yet in the 70s.
>>
>>92056489
>The Milano
Well Bendis' awful ship was destroyed and Star-Lord's old ship has been gone since Annihilation. Might as well use the movie one.
>>
>>92063963
Still way better than Bendis Rocket.
>>
>>92073662
>24 issues in a year.
Shit, this is bi-weekly?
>>
>>92074812
Yes.
>>
>>92074391
>>92074442
There's also the times she died in Korvac Saga and Infinity Gauntlet, in massed reversed deaths.
>>
>>92073636
Soooo, Deltora Quest?
>>
>>92073636
I'm unsure as to what to think of this idea. Sounds utterly bizarre.

Definitely a far cry from Bendis and the movies, at least.
>>
>>92075403
I hope he brings back the Continuity Gem
>>
>>92066232
Walt's run on Their is the best run of a Marvel comic ever written, and second only in all of comics next to Robinson's Starman. Taking the Surtur slow burn as a reference point shows he has taste and makes me hopeful for this run. I will buy the TPB when it comes out
>>
>>92074659
That's fucking stupid. I was listening to Blue Oyster Cult and The Doors in high school back in the early 00's. It's called classic rock BECAUSE it's timeless.
>>
>>92076907
Blame /mu/ and their continuous shit taste
>>
>>92051059
The art's nice
>>
>>92073636
>stones
Fuck off
Thread posts: 143
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.