[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Steven Universe is a thing, and girls everywhere are gonna grow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: ed2.jpg (2MB, 3844x2216px) Image search: [Google]
ed2.jpg
2MB, 3844x2216px
Steven Universe is a thing, and girls everywhere are gonna grow up into anim8rs and hopefully domin8 the animation scene with high-quality work. How do you feel about living in the first era of "cartoons for girls"?
>>
>>92046406
>Steven Universe
>Becky Prim
>Infinity Train

If these are what you're considering "show's for girls" then I'm all for it.

In fact, all we're seeing is the concept of what it means to be a cartoon for girls changing from being a show that panders to the most basic and superficial elements of "girl" to actually addressing interesting ideas with work that actually has effort put into it. The only people who don't like this are people who can't handle female characters. Hell, if anything all this is going to do is move us away from the idea of the token girl character, and girl characters that are mary sues.
>>
>>92046406
>"cartoons for girls"?

Isn't that what Disney princess movies were for?
>>
>>92046622
This
>>
>>92046667
see
>>92046622
>>
>>92046406
magic children is great though
the gender swapped bill and ted pisses me off because the white girl is an insufferable shit
back to backspace seems fine
>>
>>92046406
I like angst and drama between characters and so do most girls, and I know that girls will probably have less of a tendency to make their girl characters into one-dimensional love interests without any flaws. If there are more fairly original character driven cartoons like Steven Universe and Star VS on the rise that'd be great, it'd be even better if we got some that actually had good writing and was more heavily focused on overarching lore/plot/threat (because SU is full of wasted potential)
>>
>>92046406

You need to be popular with an audience that's not middle aged manchildren and insecure 20somethings. Kids don't actually watch these shows. Ratings are in the toilet across all networks.
>>
File: 4Chan Loud House Kitchen.jpg (103KB, 635x685px) Image search: [Google]
4Chan Loud House Kitchen.jpg
103KB, 635x685px
>>92046406
I really wonder how girls can do cartoons from the Kitchen...
>>
>>92046406
Making something better than SU is not hard but it is an admirable goal for this girls.
>>
>>92046406
I wanna fuck the black girl with glases.
>>
>>92046406
Do you have sources for the middle-top and middle-bottom pics, they're the only ones I don't recognize.
>>
>>92046406
it'll make for a nice change of scenery for a decade or few
>>
>>92048104
Middle bottom is a hamilton animatic for the song non stop
>>
>>92046406

Pretty good. I like a lot of these shows.
>>
>>92046406
>the first era of "cartoons for girls"
We already had that
It was called the 80s
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.