[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Marvel's been shitting the bed so I decided I really want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: dc rebirth.jpg (3MB, 4044x3131px) Image search: [Google]
dc rebirth.jpg
3MB, 4044x3131px
Marvel's been shitting the bed so I decided I really want to get into DC. I've been reading bits of Green Lanterns and Earth 2 Society, and I've been enjoying both, but I don't know where to begin with Rebirth over all.

I guess this is a shameless rec thread, what's the best out of rebirth? Any street stuff?
>>
>>92042998
Do yourself a favour and read Superman, New-Superman and the Young Animal stuff
>>
>>92042998
Deathstroke is some good shit
>>
File: residentsleeper.jpg (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
residentsleeper.jpg
23KB, 480x360px
Anyone else think Justice League is a snorefest?

How are all the books so good individually but so shit when the characters come together.
>>
>>92042998
read Doom Patrol, all of it
>>
>>92043162
Same. The only time I've ever really enjoyed it was when Batman was the only real veteran on the squad since it gave the rest room to grow
>>
>>92043162
Everyone thinks JL is bad, it's one of the only unanimous thing about Rebirth to be honest
>>
File: IMG_3180.jpg (211KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3180.jpg
211KB, 1024x768px
>>92042998
Aquaman rebirth is my favorite. The first 15 issues are pure kino
>>
>>92043119
>Young Animal stuff
Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me, I need to catch up with Mother Panic, #1 was a lot of fun. I'll put Superman and New-Superman on my list to read as well. I did read both of those for a bit when they launched but kind of fell out.
>>
>>92043206
I'd also wager that everyone on this board hates current Harley and loves deathstroke.
>>
>>92044139
Yeah but at least you can avoid her series like the plague and not miss anything. I'm worried that something important is going to happen in Justice League and I'm going to skip it
>>
>>92043268
This
>>
>>92042998
Green Arrow has been pretty grounded if you're looking for street level stuff. Batgirl and the Birds of Prey also comes to mind but the art's mediocre and it's kind of hit or miss. RHATO first arc dealt entirely with Black Mask so it made for a nice Gotham story (had a ridiculously fun conclusion too)
>>
>>92042998
The Young Animal stuff is better than the Rebirth stuff. Flintstones and Wild Storm are also notable. Deathstroke is the best Rebirth comic, Batman is good too.

That's about all that's good from current DC.
>>
>>92042998
I've head good things about Wonder Woman and Superman
also check out Super Sons
>>
>>92042998
>but I don't know where to begin with Rebirth over all
Start with the DC Universe Rebirth one-shot.
>>
File: Capture.png (410KB, 337x418px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
410KB, 337x418px
>>92042998
>>
>>92043310
Shade the Changing Girl is one of the best books currently being published, way better than Mother Panic, which is kind of aimless right now
>>
>>92045149
It's pretty great but I'm kind of digging Cave Carson's world and storytelling, it feels very Venture Bros.
>>
>>92045383
I guess, in that Venture Bros is the last thing in the public consciousness to go full pulp adventure.
>>
these are what I personally follow/ed and enjoyed.

Aquaman
Superman/Action comics
New-Superman
Supersons
Deathstroke
Apollo and Midnighter
Flinstones
Prez
Green Lanterns
>>
>>92043162
>>92043206

it is not that justice league is bad, more so that it is boring and suffers from slow pacing. i know john's run was criticized throughout the new-52, but it determined the overall arc of the universe at least in an entertaining way. forever evil was super fun. wished all of the dynamics that were initiated there could have been explored more thoroughly and now i wonder if DC is going to turn lex back into a villain again.
>>
>>92045470
good list here
>>
The books I've liked are Action, Superman, Green Arrow, Super Sons, Teen Titans, and to a somewhat lesser extent Wonder Woman.
>>
>>92042998
New Super-Man
Deathstroke
Super Sons
Nightwing
Batman can be a bit divisive, but it's good
Same with Wonder Woman
Midnighter and Apollo
Titans is solid
Superman
>>
File: 1459961537799.jpg (779KB, 960x921px) Image search: [Google]
1459961537799.jpg
779KB, 960x921px
Might as well post this here. I read Superman Convergence minis and the Last Days of Supes. Can I go and read Rebirth Action Comics and Superman now? Will I be missing anything?

As for the others, is there anything else I need to read to be up to speed? I read the DC Rebirth #1, but I don't really know what's happening after that or what follows it.
>>
Im reading Superman and Batman and its pretty good. In my opinion its better than marvel
>>
>>92042998
>begin with Rebirth

Don't, it's all mediocre shit.
>>
>>92050443
>Titans is solid

Don't lie to him.
>>
>>92042998
start with the greeks
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.