[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going to get called a marvel shill or something but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 8

File: 3086126-dial+h.jpg (39KB, 416x640px) Image search: [Google]
3086126-dial+h.jpg
39KB, 416x640px
I'm going to get called a marvel shill or something but is anyone else disappointed by Rebirth? It feels like a majority of /co/ consider it the second coming of christ or something but I'm pulling just three titles from Rebirth while I was pulling way more from Nu52. Also nothing from Rebirth approaches Nu52 Animal Man or has something unique like Dial H or GI Combat.

Even the big ticket titles are kind of just OK. The Adventures of Bat and Super Kiddo are just decently fun and Deathstroke has been pretty good. It feels like people are just hyping stuff up because Rebirth is more of a return to the status quo (Superman having a kid is not a huge development) moving in the opposite way that Nu52 was even if that means praising rather mediocre titles.
>>
>>92042896
>Nu52 Animal Man
Rot world was garbage and took forever
>>
>>92042939
I still think it's better than most of what is being published from DC right now. I will say that I forgot about Flintstones so I guess i'm pulling four titles.
>>
File: 1490670188420.gif (337KB, 500x345px) Image search: [Google]
1490670188420.gif
337KB, 500x345px
Nu52 is an acquired taste
Rebirth is a drop of water after being in the desert
>>
I'm pulling three Rebirth books, Flintstones, the Captain Atom mini, and I'll be adding Bug! next week

Rebirth is alright but there aren't really any MUST READS

also I'm bitterly disappointed that both GL books are so fucking bland
>>
New 52 had a lot of awesome choices, a lot of crap but bunch of cool stuff
DC You has mostly awesome ideas
Rebirth is as boring as it comes besides New Super-Man, Red Hood and the screwups, Captain Atom, Young Animal line and all the Hanna Barbara stuff
>>
>>92043707
DCYou had a lot going for it and would have probably done better if not for New 52 utterly heinous reputation
>>
>>92042896
Weird stuff is what Young Animal does, and it's great.

And I have to wonder if this isn't partially just the early New 52 being long ago enough that you've you're forgetting the negatives.

Remember the horrific Wildstorm integration? The "Young Justice" line? The seemingly endless string of terrible editorial decisions?
Early New 52 and the years leading up to it had their highlights, but it was not a good time for DC.
>>
>>92042896
Dial H was the last DC title I loved, looking forward to Mike Allred's Bug though.
>>
>>92045802
I'm not thrilled that his brother is also on it.

He is not much of a writer.
>>
New 52 had a billion launch titles. Most of them were shit and easily forgotten.

I do miss my Demon Knights ;_;
>>
>>92043782
>Rebirth is alright but there aren't really any MUST READS

Deathstroke brah
>>
>>92042896
>Rebirth is more of a return to the status quo
New 52 was a bigger return to status quo, tho. Like, literally discarding any development the characters had until then in favor of going back to the stories being told in the 80's. Except, it's for the first time, again!
>>
>>92042896
It's alright I mean I'm not into King's Batman but I'm liking Green Arrow some of the Super and Young Animal titles and Deathstroke has been really fun.

It's better than Marvel eat least, Marvel is pure cancer right now especially the staff, holy fuck I don't think Geoff and Didio are anywhere near as toxic as Brevort or Dan Slott.
>>
>>92042896
From Rebirth specifically, I tarted off reading everything and lost interest in books one by one until the only things I'm interested in are Green Lanterns, Chinese Bootleg Superman, and the The Button crossover stuff

on the other hand I am loving the fuck out of all the Young Animal books, and Flintstones

on the other hand the only Marvel books I look forward to each fortnight is USAvengers, Ultimates^2, Deadpool, and Spider-Man & Deadpool. So tallied up DC is still putting out more books that I'm enjoying than Marvel
>>
>>92042896
Rebirth is seriously thrash and the worst era for DC comics. At least new 52 and DCyou had a handful of readable stuff, and wasn't saturated with bland Johns stuff.
>>
>>92042896
there's less high-quality titles but also a lot less low-quality titles
>>
>>92049784
>the worst era for DC comics
niggas out here not remembering that period between 52 and Flashpoint where nearly everything was hot garbage
>>
>>92049941
Final Crisis though.
>>
>>92049963
>nearly
>>
>>92049966
Final Crisis: Superman Beyond 3D though.
>>
>>92049977
is nearly like an invisible word to you or something
>>
>>92049984
Grant Morrison' Batman run that ties into Final Crisis though.
>>
>>92049995
ok ya'll need to explain to me what you think nearly means because I ain't gonna keep posting
>nearly
>>
>>92050001
I'm just humpin' ur hoo-ha's m8.
>>
>>92050014
my hoo-ha's are well humped
>>
>>92042896
Really depends on your tastes. I've always been a massive Superfag and so far his books have been good, nothing amazing granted but far better than his Nu52 stuff imo. Batverse is pretty meh so far the I am Bane shit was pretty fucking awful, and the previous parts weren't much better, Detective Comics is meh, but that's just cause I never cared for Cass. Nightwing has been fun, and Super Sons is great.
Overall the mainline stuff is considerably better than Nu52, both in quality and numbers, and to DC as a businnes that's what matters because it sells more. There is a lack of variety in titles but that's probably just for now.
>>
>>92049941
It still had All Star Superman, Final Crisis, Morrison's Batman, Snyder's Detective comics, Wagner's Madame Xanadu, Cooke's Spirit. Rebirth hardly has anything decent.
>>
>>92050099
it's got Deathstroke, Green Arrow, Green Lanterns and the Young Animal lineup. And nothing is really outright bad, unlike the cavalcade of garbage from the post-IC era
>>
No other green lantern title has made me so sick of john. I didn't touch superman or action until superman reborn. I've enjoyed batman beyond, blue beetle, and red hood quite a bit tho. Read most of the bat titles but nightwing is the only fun one still. I was actually enjoying aquaman but i kept missing the storytimes and now I'm missing too much i feel.

Overall, rebirth came around right when i was looking for a good starting point. Otherwise most of my dc reading has been elseworlds or crisis and rebirth was an excellent and inviting place to start. I suppose the marketing dpt deserves a pat on the back.
>>
>>92050038
Adventures of Superman > anything from Rebirth
>>
>>92050125
>Green arrow
>Green Lanterns
Both are mediocre.
Talking about imprints, Vertigo and Wildstorm from that time>current young animal.
>>
>>92042896
New 52 was better for me too. I prefer DC's magic and fantasy, and we got a lot of that in the new 52, including these standouts:

Swamp Thing
Animal Man
Demon Knights
Sword of Sorcery (I really wish this had gone on for a few years, it had so much potential)
Dial H

Now there's just Hellblazer (it's not a patch on old Hellblazer, but it's better than the new 52 version). Young Animal largely doesn't scratch the same itch except Shade the Changing Girl, which I'm loving.
>>
File: batgod in the window.jpg (104KB, 504x519px) Image search: [Google]
batgod in the window.jpg
104KB, 504x519px
>>92042896

I love it. I'm not reading everything but the handful of titles that I am reading have all been consistently good. And with Marvel being shit it's not like there's a lot of their comics I'm reading as well.

I guess the best way of looking at it is that DC is fixing their past mistakes and taking less risks right now. It might seem boring to some but I'll gladly take it. It's obvious things are getting a huge shakedown with the upcoming event.
>>
>>92042896
>I'm going to get called a marvel shill
Of course you are, because rebirthfags are retarded.

This is a terrible time for comics, Image is boring, Marvel is pure shit and Rebirth is a turd.
>>
>>92050163
Vertigo from that time>Young Animal now>Wildstorm from back then.
>>
File: triphstr_cv11.jpg (189KB, 780x1200px) Image search: [Google]
triphstr_cv11.jpg
189KB, 780x1200px
>>92050169
There was also the highly underrated Phantom Stranger. Rebirth had that horrific Deadman mini...
>>
>>92050169
Dcyou Constantine the Hellblazer was also the best Constantine book since Hellblazer ended.
>>
You're not alone. Personally, I like Rebirth a lot for the opposite reasons why I liked the New 52. New 52 was really weird and had a surprising amount of genre diversity and experimentation for a superhero line. It felt like a return to the pre-Comics Code era. Rebirth, on the other hand, is just a really tightly focused and well-edited superhero line a la Jim Shooter's Marvel. I also really enjoy the overarching themes of love and family that extend over the whole line. I'm really enjoying Tomasi's Superman, King's Batman, and even Rucka's Wonder Woman even though that opinion will get me pilloried on here. I can't remember the last time I enjoyed all three at the same time.

Super Sons is definitely my favorite book so far. Deathstroke, Nightwing, New Superman, and Flash are really good too.

>>92043998
Am I alone in thinking that DCYou was fucking horrible? Omega Men was great and Prez was okay, but all of the flagship books besides Snyder's Batman (which was solid but aside from Zero Year I've never loved it like others do) were complete ass and even most of the more experimental titles weren't any good at all. And as someone who prefers superhero comics to have tight continuity, it just kind of ruined everything for me. I actually stopped reading cape comics for a while because of it (because I sure as hell wasn't reading Marvel and I fell off of Valiant due to my own complacency).
>>
>>92050169
seriously, if Rebirth doesn't have Amethyst, then what's the point?
>>
>>92042939

This unfortunately, Rot World was a pretty lame and entirely predictable event that only got interesting toward the very end. Other than that Animal Man and Swamp Thing were fantastic.
>>
>>92050313
Midnighter and Gotham by Midnight were top-tier, Gotham Academy, Robin SOB, and Doctor Fate were decent
>>
>>92050313
How can you call Pak/Kuder Action Comics or Yang Superman complete ass but claim Flash or Nightwing or Super Sons are "really good"?
>>
>>92050346
he has shitty taste
>>
>>92050346
Yang Superman was pretty mediocre desu
>>
>>92050346
>How can you call Pak/Kuder Action Comics or Yang Superman complete ass but claim Flash or Nightwing or Super Sons are "really good"?

???? Am I missing something? Yang Superman sucked. It felt so disjointed and the pacing was terrible. Pak and Kuder were fantastic during the New 52, but I thought that the whole Truth arc was disappointingly mediocre even in their series, so I dropped the hell out of both books.
>>
>>92050406
It was, aside from one arc. But Super Sons is also mediocre, Nightwing is bad and Flash is horrible. Pak/Kuder Action Comics wasn't anything special either, just better than those previously mentioned series.
>>
>>92050445
I mean he also thinks Midnighter and Gotham by Midnight were complete ass so I don't think we should give his opinions too much weight
>>
File: New 52 Rebirth.jpg (1MB, 1548x3264px) Image search: [Google]
New 52 Rebirth.jpg
1MB, 1548x3264px
>>92042896
Everyone knows those first 6-12 months of New52 were far more daring and overall better than the bland shit the first 6-12 months of Rebirth has offered.

Launch New52>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Launch Rebirth
>>
>>92050459
Fair point. He can go suck Williamson's tiny dick for all I care.
>>
>>92042896
Yeah I'm not a fan either, I don't even have any Rebirth titles on my pull-list anymore. Sucks because I was pretty excited back when they announced the creative teams.

DC's imprint titles are pretty great though. I'm loving Flintstones, The Wild Storm and Shade, so it's not that bad for me. I understand why Rebirth is loved so much, but I'd take a lot of the New52 and DCYou titles over anything in Rebirth.
>>
>>92050468
I think even Midnighter and Appolo was bad. You cannot read a muscular gay man punching people while quipped for much long.
>>
File: non-binary.jpg (1MB, 1742x1002px) Image search: [Google]
non-binary.jpg
1MB, 1742x1002px
>>92050263
I'd forgotten that Deadman mini. Must have suppressed the memory.

>>92050300
Maybe I should give it another try. I picked up the first issue when it came out, but I thought it didn't seem any better than the new 52 Constantine, and didn't continue with it.
>>
>>92050344
GBM and Gotham Academy started in the New 52. Midnighter was solid but I never finished it. Robin SOB was kind of okay I guess. Never read Doctor Fate; I might, though.

>>92050445
Not really seeing what's so horrible about Flash. It's nothing complicated but it's a really fun read with pretty solid art. Super-Sons is also way too well-constructed and funny to be mediocre IMO. I can see why people aren't into Nightwing, though. Seeley's weird.
>>
>>92050498
It gets better issue by issue, the last one was especially good I thought. It's a pretty good self-contained run and at the least John stopped shooting magic beams out of his ass and actually started solving his problems by being a sneaky cunt.
>>
>>92050498
It's pretty good but dips in quality for 8-11 and then finishes strong with 12. It's less pew pew magic and it does a great job of exploring some real interesting mystical stuff. Riley Rossmo was fantastic.
>>
>>92042896
Dial H was fucking amazing, G.I. Combat was boring.
That being said, Rebirth is better than Nu52.
>>
>>92042896
As long as we agree that Dial H was a fucking masterpiece, you can be a marvel shill as much as you like, anon
>>
>>92042896
>Even the big ticket titles are kind of just OK

>Deathstroke
>New Super-Man
>Superman
>Red Hood and the Outlaws
>Nightwing
>Super Sons
>Titans
>Teen Titans
>Tec
>Wonder Woman
>Aquaman
>The Flash
>Hal and Pals
>Green Lanterns
>Green Arrow
>All the Young Animal titles
All great to amazing. You just have bad taste.
>>
>>92051022
>>92051248
objectively wrong.
>>
>>92050459
Nah. I liked Gotham by Midnight (started during the New 52, though) and thought Midnighter was solid enough.
>>
>>92050169

Demon Knights and Sword of Sorcery fucking sucked. When will people realize that?

The characters in Demon Knights all had better books about them. Sword of Sorcery best story was the Beowuf back-up story.
>>
Rebirth feels like Johns is ghostwriting the Plots for everybody. He has even pulled down writers like King to his level.
>>
>>92051248
this
>>
New Superman, Deathstroke, Superman/Action/Supersons, Green Lantern and RhatO are all great. The rest are mostly good with a few true stinkers. Stay contrarian though

Don't worry about being called a Marvel shill though, everybody knows that Rebirth's worst is better than current Marvel's best, just don't claim otherwise you're golden
>>
>>92051339
>Shitting on Demon Knights
Nigga, no.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.