[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What if Nickelodeon kept Hillenberg's word and ended Spongebob

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1532.png (920KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1532.png
920KB, 1136x640px
What if Nickelodeon kept Hillenberg's word and ended Spongebob after the movie?
>>
File: Boy, everyone.jpg (22KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
Boy, everyone.jpg
22KB, 500x376px
>>92042454
Nothing. That'd be it. Cult classic, re-runs for a couple of years, bit of merchandise going on then forgotten.

The show is still running and that is why we still talk about it so frequently, really.
>>
>>92042630
/thread
It'd be remembered as one of those odd cultural icons that came and went. At best maybe some animation collages will talk about it years later as an example of one of the greats MAYBE.

/co/ would only have threads talking about how it "ended too soon" and "desperately needs more seasons/reboot" ala Clone High or Clerks since it wouldn't have the hindsight that we have now.
>>
File: 1473709632847.jpg (57KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1473709632847.jpg
57KB, 500x375px
>>92042746
>>92042630

>Tfw Nick ruined its own chance to make Spongebob a timeless classic
>>
>>92042454
I still like to pretend Spongebob ended after the first movie. Though, I do enjoy some post movie episodes.
>>
>>92043186
They've gotta compete with Teen Titans Go somehow
>>
>>92042454
>Childhood is wishing there was more Spongebob
>Adulthood is realizing the movie was a perfect ending
>>
>>92042630
>cult classic
Incorrect

Spongebob already had a worldwide following by the time of the movie, he was already well ingrained as the most popular cartoon character of the early 2000s

He wouldn't simply be forgotten. People still reference jokes from seasons 1-3 while anything past that barely gets any mention at all.
>>
Speaking of the movie how was the second one?
>>
>>92042630
what would've been the constantly reran show now if this timeline had played out?
>>
>>92043461
from what I've heard it's not AS good as the first but it's better than the stuff between movies
>>
>>92043461
I really liked it. The CG animation actually looked great, lots more 2D animation than the trailers let on. Wasn't exactly laugh out loud funny all the time but it was a vast improvement over the current state of the show. Loved the visuals, overall great movie.

The time travel scenes especially stood out to me and I still remember them occasionally.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfLMUt1x2Mk
>>
>>92043535
>but it's better than the stuff between movies

That doesn't sound very good
>>
>>92043306
Damn...
>>
>>92043601
Damn, I really enjoyed that
>>
>>92043696
Yeah, watching that scene in theaters was a trip. Just so fun and unexpected
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.