[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So DC Rebirth is coming out in my country glorious Hueland.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: DC-Rebirth-Artwork.jpg (446KB, 2500x1250px) Image search: [Google]
DC-Rebirth-Artwork.jpg
446KB, 2500x1250px
So DC Rebirth is coming out in my country glorious Hueland.

I've been away from cape comics for a while with the exception of some re-releases of older trades. And I've always been more of a Marvel guy.

However I've heard good things about Rebirth. I bought Rebirth #1 and King's Batman #1 today on a whim and enjoyed them both.

how good is Rebirth overall? What series are worth following?

I'm thinking of picking up at least Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman (not so much because it's the 'big three' but because I actually like the writers involved). How's Action Comics and Detective Comics? How's Justice League? Any sleeper hits to watch out for?
>>
>>92042109
Superman, New Super-Man, Deathstroke, Detective Comics, and Green Lanterns are my favorites.
>>
>>92042109
>How good is Rebirth overall?
Pretty good. Most every series is at least mid-range and almost nothing is flat out terrible. Justice League is probably the lone comic that's a consensus really sub par book.

>What series are worth following?
Opinion varies on which is the best, and that's good as that means there's something for most every taste. General consensus is that Superman, New Super-Man, Deathstroke and Green Arrow are having really strong runs. Personally, I'm enjoying Nightwing as well as Super Sons, though the latter is a later title that you might not get yet.

Basically, just try any title that might seem interesting to you (bar Justice League) and you have a good chance of enjoying it.
>>
>>92042109
Besides Batman?

Superman, Super-Sons, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Nightwing, Deathstroke and Wonder Woman, even it it's slow paced.

I also enjoy Titans, but it's weaker. And people often put Aquaman and New Super-Man in good places.
>>
>>92042350

Can I safely skip Justice League and not miss out on the WORLD CHANGING stuff? The big events usually require reading the main team book don't they
>>
>>92042441
Justice League is awful. And yes, you're safe skiping it.
>>
>>92042109
New Super-man's great despite having a premise that could've easily went wrong
>>
>>92042109
>How's Action Comics and Detective Comics?
The first arc of Action is basically what the title says - action. It's a simple Doomsday attacks Metropolis and Superman tries to stop him arc. I enjoyed it a lot for its simplicity and I thought it was really fun from just a pure people-punching-each-other standpoint. Tec I didn't enjoy as much, but I was hoping for a more street level detective comic. It's a fairly solid team book.

>>92042441
>Can I safely skip Justice League and not miss out on the WORLD CHANGING stuff?
You can safely skip Justice League. Though it's dealing with worldly threats, it's pretty self enclosed. Also, DC's events have been small crossovers at the moment, which is nice. Night of the Monster Men is a Batfamily crossover, Justice League v Suicide Squad only happens with those two books, Superman Reborn is a Superfamily crossover and The Button only affects the Battman and Flash titles.
>>
Thanks guys. I think I'll get Batman, Superman, Action Comics, Detective Comics and Wonder Woman for now. Cheers
>>
Eu comprei a capa variante hoje, OP. Leia Action Comics, Superman, Titãs,Batman, Detective comics e Deathstroke.
>>
>>92042981
Esqueci de Hal Jordan e a Tropa. Also, seu inglês é muito bom.
>>
>>92043025

Thanks, I used to work as a translator.
>>
>>92042948
Cool, hope you find some books you enjoy. Just a quick note about Wonder Woman.

Wonder Woman works on a slightly different format. Basically, there's two concurrent storylines - one in the present and one in the past - and the series switches between the two week to week. It's a decent book, but some have complained that it's a bit slow.

Also, don't be afraid to try something out. Quite a few titles - Green Lanterns, Red Hood and the Outlaws, etc. - have turned out much better than expected.
>>
>>92042314
This plus Red Hood and the Outlaws and Aquaman are my personal faves
>>
>>92042109
Honestly save your money for justice league and keep up with Detective Comics, Action Comics, and Titans if youre wanting to keep up with the central rebirth plot
>>
>>92042109
deathstroke

>captcha: harley fair
don't listen to the captcha, harley is shit
>>
>>92043344
This. Plus it's basically a deconstruction of her New52 run much to the lament of those who enjoyed that series. Takes a bit of foreknowledge to fully get what's going on but I'm sure OP can piece it together and look up what theyre curious about
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.