[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>characters are supposed to be ninjas >they actually behave

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 196
Thread images: 29

File: Turtles are boring.png (476KB, 504x524px) Image search: [Google]
Turtles are boring.png
476KB, 504x524px
>characters are supposed to be ninjas
>they actually behave more like samurais, respecting honor codes bullshit and fighting for the "good cause".
>they are pros even fighting without weapons making flying high kicks when actually ninjas were supposed to be fast, discret and get away if they can't kill their targets.
why It happens so often?
>>
>>92040842
They're for kids
>>
>>92040842
>he thinks samurai and ninja are mutually exclusive concepts

Learn some fucking history, kid.
>>
Japan does the same shit. Naruto being the most prominent example of ninjas being fucking anything but. I think the only time ninjas aren't overblown is when they're side characters.
>>
>>92040842
Source me on that image, OP
>>
>>92040940
In fact, the majority of historical ninja were just samurai who were good at assassinating people.
>>
>>92040842
>characters are supposed to be teenage
>they act like they're frat boys in their early 20s
>they don't even go to school despite being billed as teenagers
>>
>samurai
>honor code
If they saw an opening or even the smallest weakness they exploited it, western people please projecting "chivalry" in the samurai
>>
Damn...that OP pic is the first cartoon image that has ever made my balls tingle. H-Have I found my...waifu?
>>
>>92041071
I mean, chivalry itself isn't actually all that chivalrous. There was at least one medieval scholar on chivalry that argued it was chivalrous to duel a knight to death and fuck his woman as your just dues.
>>
>>92040842
Artist name?
>>
>>92041071
chivalry and bushido were both sets of rules made up by nobles to justify murdering peasants and raping their wives and daughters anyway
>>
>>92040940
Shinobis (Ninjas) came from fallen Bushis (the proto-samurai caste), they became peasants on some dangerous and faraway provinces, they basically practice spying for some important people, including assassination, thievery, sabotage and infiltration, their weapons are based on modified peasants weapons, they also use poisons.

Samurais are the caste of warriors, obeying to lords and respecting the Bushido, they fight with armors on them and most of their unarmed techniques (taijutsu) are focused on grappling, because throwing punches and kicks with an armor is useless.
>>
That really trigered me about naruto, turns out not even japan knows shit about ninjas
>>
File: readafuckingbook.jpg (37KB, 500x417px) Image search: [Google]
readafuckingbook.jpg
37KB, 500x417px
Uh brah, I dunno if you've reviewed the actual history of ninja in japan...but they tend to have more honor than the fucking samurai do.
They certainly dont backstab their allies nearly as often as samurai do thats for sure.
>>
File: 56486.jpg (73KB, 599x408px) Image search: [Google]
56486.jpg
73KB, 599x408px
>>92041168
Nihaotomita
>>
>>92041231

Or they don't care. Large swathes of their tradition currently exists only for tourist dollars. Regular Japanese people are too busy working regular jobs and doing regular things. That's a lot like how the average American doesn't actually care about how accurate a cowboy movie or game is or how your average Chav doesn't care about knightly honor.
>>
>>92041257
You don't tend to get a lot of work as an assassin if you can't be trusted.
>>
>>92041231

>That really trigered me about naruto, turns out not even japan knows shit about ninjas

In what universe is Naruto supposed to be a realistic depiction of ninjas?
>>
>>92041330
C'mon man, everyone knows they had TVs and Uzis in the old times of Japan
>>
>>92041257
and what honorable things ninjas did? because in fact they did anything for money, they are basically edgy Ronins.
Samurais were assholes mostly with lowclass people.

and could you fucking stop your passive agressive arrogance "UURRRR DURRR READ A BOOK KIDDO IM LE BITTERED 30 YEARS OLD ARROGANT NECKBEARD"
>>
>>92041193
>Secondly, ninja always appear in the historical record as samurai, or in some minor cases as foot soldiers who work for samurai. The "poor ninja farmer" myth, where shinobi live in the ninja homeland of Iga and Koka, is incorrect. The problem is that the families of Iga and Koka at the time of the ninja were in fact independent samurai families. They owned farms (as did many samurai) and were powerful enough to stay independent until the 1580s. They were not a rag-tag group of dirty serfs, living in isolation;; they were a culturally sophisticated and independent collection of clans, land-owning samurai families powerful enough for an early shogun of Japan to need to ask permission to cross their lands.

>The origin of the ninja is considered a "Dark Age" in Japanese history as there is no documentation of its creation that is contemporary to the first records of ninja activity. This means that all arguments about ninja origins lack supportive documentation prior to the first appearance of the ninja. However, one theory will never "fit the bill," and that is the idea of a ninja counter-culture to the samurai made up of peasants that were based in Iga and Koka and that developed special skills to defend against samurai oppression.
>>
>>92041231
Japan knows. It's just that Naruto was supposed to be a Harry Potter clone about magic, until Kishi changed it at the last minute and tacked on ninja stuff so the series would be about magic ninjas. So it's understandable why the ninja aspect is garbled and not true to Japanese history.
>>
>>92041374
The emperor of Japan only got to become emperor because his ninja didnt abandon him when shit hit the fan and he had few real allies. In fact time and time again, ninja were the only ones who didnt make excuses trying to see where the chips might fall before helping.
>>
File: tumblr_oi749dSZnD1vgv3yxo1_1280.jpg (90KB, 1273x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oi749dSZnD1vgv3yxo1_1280.jpg
90KB, 1273x720px
>>92040971
>Japan does the same shit. Naruto being the most prominent example of ninjas being fucking anything but. I think the only time ninjas aren't overblown is when they're side characters.
They had real samurai's near the end
>>
>>92041266
Hands down the best 34 artist.
>>
>>92041452
I never said they were poor, they were still peasants and their weapons for practicing Kobudo are modified peasant weapons.
also I never opposed them to Samurais, especially knowing they were spies obeying to high classes people.

anyway, concerning fiction we have people supposed to be assassins and they behave like Samurai Jack.
>>
>>92041452
This is generally what happens with history. People like MatPat do five seconds of "research" compounded with "that one historical movie I watched" and "those things everyone obviously knows" assume it as fact. Most assumed general knowledge about history is widely discredited and bunk as hell in any actual historical circle.

But it's also very easy to research away the simple myths like this.
>>
>>92041508
Use the name. Tokugawa.
>>
File: chimp karate.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
chimp karate.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>Ninjas are pro with karate even if it has nothing to do with them.
>tfw you learn japaneses ruined Karate.
http://www.karatebyjesse.com/10-differences-okinawan-karate-japanese-karate/
>>
>>92041616
>they were still peasants
>The problem is that the families of Iga and Koka at the time of the ninja were in fact independent samurai families. [...] They were not a rag-tag group of dirty serfs, living in isolation

Ninjas were not, as a general whole, "peasants". This is a massive myth talked about in the very post you quoted.
>>
>>92041641
Just wanted to say I fucking hate that guy, hate him so fucking much.
>>
>>92041794
>http://www.karatebyjesse.com/10-differences-okinawan-karate-japanese-karate/
But Okinawa is Japan, anon.
>>
>>92041660
Tokugawa where Shoguns
>>
>>92041799
yes, they were independent former samurais/bushis who practiced peasants activities to survive on some independents provinces it doesn't mean they are poor serfs, how do you explains their peasant and pirates weapons?
>>
>>92040842
>Ninjas
That's what's wrong.
>>
>>92041884
But didn't you know? All scandinavians are raiders because every animal in their own country freezes to death. Also knights don't ride horses or have bows, and samurai practiced kyudo in the 11th century.
>>
File: Jomon & Yayoi.jpg (68KB, 560x373px) Image search: [Google]
Jomon & Yayoi.jpg
68KB, 560x373px
>>92041926
>He doesn't know about Japaneses races.
Japan is just Honshu, everything who remains are conquered lands.
>>
>>92041957
Easy to get a hold of and conceal as normal tools. That's like saying an assassin must be a builder because he killed with a hammer.
>>
>>92040842
>call themselves turtles
>actually tortoises
>>
>>92042014
Hoo boy, I like where this thread's going.
>>
>>92042014
I'm well aware of differing Japanese races, anon. Fact of it is that Okinawa is Japan, has been for quite a while. If it had been Honshu Karate vs Okinawan Karate I'd have agreed with you.
>>
File: wel_smeth.jpg (14KB, 450x432px)
wel_smeth.jpg
14KB, 450x432px
>>92042043
>not terrapins
>>
>>92042036
I think the various modifications are more sophisticated than just using a normal hammer.
why they don't used more conventionnal samurais tier weapons used on kobudo instead of making their own?
>>
>>92042113
They often did. And modifying a normal tool into a weapon is something people in fucking prison do. It's not particularly difficult, and people would share the best ways to do it.
>>
File: most animes are jomons.jpg (115KB, 596x528px) Image search: [Google]
most animes are jomons.jpg
115KB, 596x528px
>>92042073
Okinawaians are basically tanned Ainus/Emishis.
and Karate was an Okinawians invention, not japanese.
>>
>>92042073
>Fact of it is that Okinawa is Japan
Tell that to any Okinawan and they'll slap your shit
>>
>>92042073
That's like saying one burough of New York is the same as any other. You'll get rocked for that. It's semantics sure, but the people take that shit seriously.
>>
>>92042144
But they were not in prison but completly free to use powerful samurai weapons according to your arguments, so why wasting times using modified peasant weapons? it's not like they were in prison or some shit.
I don't said they are low tier rural people, but to make those sophisticated stuff they need some experience on those rural lifestyles.
>>
>>92041193
All of this, from beginning to end, is completely wrong.
>>
>>92042224
I am fully aware of it, it's like if you tell someone from Quebec that they're Canadian. Or probably someone from Hawaii that they're American, I assume.

Still fall within the political borders of the nations mentioned. Culturally Okinawa isn't Japan (although it's absorbed so much that honestly a lot of things are similar or outright the same these days), but it isn't wrong to call Okiana Japan. It literally is Japanese soil.
>>
>>92042293
Because, like I said, the modified farming tools are easy to obtain and conceal. It's far easier to assassinate someone when you don't rock up wearing a full kit of known weapons.
>>
>>92041957
No.
>>
>>92040842
IT'S A FUCKING CARTOON YOU SPERG
FUCK OFF BACK TO YOUR BOARD NOW
>>
>>92042309
It's funny because when somebody talk about one stuff related to history of japan, it's immediately completly wrong, even quoting fucking wikipedia it's competly wrong for some reasons, even with references on books, documentaries or movies it's completly wrong.

why it happens so often with japan and not with another country? with that kind of special snowflake privilege?
>>
>>92042407
Because you aren't even quoting Wikipedia correctly, that's why.
Do you want details, or should we just agree to stop this conversation?
>>
>>92041193
>are focused on grappling, because throwing punches and kicks with an armor is useless.

what?
>>
>>92042436
No no, but it happens everytimes on every shit related to Japan, there are that army of butthurt weaboos to tell you everything you learn on some place about japan is completly wrong or not exactly like that or never existed or deformed or propaganda, etc.
I know they speak a meme chink language but goddamn it's not a reason to pretend everything related to them it's obscure and 2deep for ours western minds.
>>
>>92042487
Apparently the wide variety of armoured grappling and fighting techniques don't exist, anon. Just lay back and enjoy this ride.
>>
>>92041178
More like, "Rules we came up with after all the serious fighting stopped".
>>
>>92042530
no. I want off this ride.
see ya.
>>
>>92042527
Trying to deflect actual discussion of mistakes by shouting about weeaboos, I see.
>>
>>92042527
Because most of what people "know" seems to come from poorly remembered bits of the American novel Shogun (which most folks have never read anyway) and shit that got out in Daredevil comics and films from the 80's.

The difference is people still attempt to speak authoritively on the subject anyway.
It doesn't matter. Being wrong on a useless subject never hurt anyone.
>>
>>92042487
Jiu-Jitsu was the martial art of samurais, it was more focused on grappling techniques (pins, joint locks, throws) instead of striking because they had already weapons on their hands and their armors were to heavy to play the meme kung-fu shit.
>>
>>92041033
>they act like they're frat boys in their early 20s
That's why TMNT 2012 is the best.
>>
>>92042661
Out of curiosity, how heavy do you think samurai armor is?
>>
>>92041164
I can dig it.
>>
>>92040971
Read Azumi. The ninjas, assasins, and samurai in that are freaking different shades of ruthless.
>>
>>92042817
I don't know, you probably will tell me i'm wrong and it's not heavy because wood n sheit.
>>
>>92042915
>wood
It's like you can't even respond "no" without being wrong about something.
Okay, tell me true anon; you trolling us right now? Because you're great at it if so.
>>
>>92040842
>knows about ninja
they don't add an "s" at the end of ninja, or samurai for that matter
>>
>>92042682
because it made them all retarded kindergarteners?

they're supposed to be the kind of teenagers who were raised in isolation by a strict ninja master. i.e. responsible sensible adults. michelangelo is kooky but only because he's supposed to be extremely bright and artistic.
>>
>>92042915
Wood? Who's been telling you samurai armor is made of wood and not steel plates sewn together? Certainly not wikipedia.

>"The ō-yoroi combines plate and scales (kozane) laced together (lamellar)."
>Dō-maru were constructed from small scales of leather or metal laced into plates with cord and lacquered.

I only asked the weight thing because it's a common misconception that it seemed like you were repeating. Armor is heavy, no mistake, but the bigger issue is usually mobility, which is why they abandoned designs that were shit for it over time. You're actually right about armored fighting being mostly grapples and throws.
>>
>>92042961
No, I just read some shit on wikipedia which are supposed to be real and official facts and some people here are playing the pretentious passive-agressivity (I imagine your snarky faces with arrogant eyes ) defending their snowflake country and never put the fucking truth on the wikipedia if they know so much about it.
>>
>>92042407
>>92042527
It's because people have taken an interest and done the actual fucking research so they're aware of when mistaken information is spread.

This is a direct result of being weeaboos, yes, but knowing accurate information about something is never a bad thing.

It's the same as if you say something wrong about American military history and are immediately corrected by the military enthusiasts. If a certain culture or topic is popular and appealing then of course more people will look into it and learn about it. It's not that this stuff is "obscure" or "2deep" it's just that it has been propogated with wrong information ever since it was brought to Western culture in the first place, as so often happened with most cultures that were brought to Western shores.
>>
>>92043056
I never read about what stuff their armor is made, It just looked like wood because of the brown color of some armors.
>>
>>92043071
No. No you didn't.
Wikipedia does NOT tell you about wooden o-yoroi, because it wasn't.
>>
>>92043071
Wikipedia makes no claims that samurai armor is made of wood, anon. The word "wood" doesn't even appear on the "Japanese Armor" page.

I have no special love of Japan, I just care about history.
>>
>>92043118
Looking at pictures and then saying you know something and actually quoting articles aren't the same thing, dude. People wouldn't be arguing with you so hard if you actually did the first one.
>>
>>92043211
*second one

whoops
>>
>>92043211
The subject was not about armors on the first place you pumpkin.
>>
>>92043248
But that's where it's gone you fucking donut, pay attention
>>
>>92042817
Not him but I've always imagined that a full set would weigh about the same as a set of midevil chain or scalemail armor or at least in that range.
>>
So does april just smell like shit hanging out in the sewers so much
>>
>>92043330
That's about right - even lighter sometimes. The trouble with Japanese full armor is that some of the older variants had some not-great maneuverability problems, but they sorted that out over time.
>>
>>92043298
But you Jellyfish scum, on the first place it was about TMNT or some other thing like Naruto being retarded of having Ninja acting like Samurais, both are assholes we know but Samurais are more like "the good guys"
>>
>>92043592
>he thinks samurai are good guys
>>
>>92043621
More "good guys" than Ninja.
That's not because they were involved on Wars that they are bad guys you hippy raccoon! Stop talking about them like if they were the ISIS of Shintoism.
>>
File: 1432573944503.gif (764KB, 300x264px) Image search: [Google]
1432573944503.gif
764KB, 300x264px
>>92042083
terrapins are mammals you duck fucking dick sucking cuck!
>>
>>92043708
Stop getting your history from pictures and cartoons you walrus.
>>
>>92044067
They killed themselves everytimes their masters died, so could they really deserve to be called foolish Samurais? You monitor lizard!
>>
>>92041474

>Naruto is Harry Potter with Ninjas.

So what is the equivalent of Trump/Voldermort in Naruto?
>>
>>92043708

Isn't ISIS more in common with Jonestown or WACO?
>>
>>92044304
Orochimaru.
>>
>>92042527

I've tried correcting people's dumb shit about countries in the middle east so long I've just given up. It's not that Japan is special, it's when you regurgitate poorly researched shit and someone is an enthusiast (which, this being 4chan, a lot of people know dumb minutia about Japanese history,) they are inclined to jump in and say something.
>>
>>92041033
>Best guess for this image: breast

that got me
>>
File: samurai.gif (87KB, 437x389px)
samurai.gif
87KB, 437x389px
>>92042309
>>92042487
God damn you people are so fucking stupid.
Grappling was essential for Samurai on the battlefield. If your weapon couldn't penetrate armor then you needed to know how to fucking break limbs and perform submissions.
Fuck im triggered.
>>
>ITT: kissless weebs
>>
>modern day setting
>ninjas don't use silenced firearms and wear a uniform that make them stand out
Every fucking time.
>>
>>92045854
That's sort of not the part he was wrong about. It's kind of everything else that he was wrong about, misremembering, or quoting incorrectly.
So he got exactly one thing correct; wrestling is important. Congrats.
>>
>>92045923
Unless it's a Connery-era James Bond film.
>>
File: 1469232732780.jpg (27KB, 599x231px) Image search: [Google]
1469232732780.jpg
27KB, 599x231px
>>92041374
>and could you fucking stop your passive agressive arrogance "UURRRR DURRR READ A BOOK KIDDO IM LE BITTERED 30 YEARS OLD ARROGANT NECKBEARD"
Someone punched some buttons.
>>
>>92045933
Its not wrestling, its grappling.
Im gonna fart in your
>>
>>92044707
You mean the guy who was invited to Naruto and Hinata's wedding?
Nah, he's totally cool.
>>
>>92041373
That was chapter 1 stuff man the dudes right anyone who thought it was supposed to be realistic ninjas or even just "set in the past" was mistaken
>>
>>92045854
>If your weapon couldn't penetrate armor then you needed to know how to fucking break limbs and perform submissions.
I could've sworn what I heard about samurai is that if they were known for being excellent swordsmen it meant they were shitty archers.
>>
>>92046289
That's absolutely true

The martial ethics the samurai used was from the Kyuba no Michi, "The way of the horse and bow", which emphasized horseback archery
Naginata and bows were their main weapons, with katanas just being secondary if you let the enemy get close

Since the sword was their main mark of office, they'd talk up their swordsmanship skills when they retired in hopes that someone would hire them or give them preferential treatment, so a lot of the romanticized "Legendary swordsman" bullshit is just a bunch of exaggeration
>>
>>92043343
Not all sewers handle excrement.

It could be a floodwater sewer or something.
>>
>>92041033
>Veins.

But why?
>>
>>92042073
there are 10 styles of karate, and they all came back from okinawa, since all the styles became fladerized and some japanese guy decided to fix them and get them back to effectiveness. kung fu had similar issues is why sanda exists.

those same japanese sentiments led to big pro kickboxing and when combined with brazillian circus grapplers led to mma.

meanwhile the american government, israseli goverment and soviet government also tried to universalize martial arts leading to sambo, MCAP and krav maga
>>
>>92040842
Senran Kagura series summed up too, except that has T and A. Also, I suppose Mortal Kombat
>>
>>92045854
>>92045933
all short arms had grappling arts, hema and all sorts of lost wrestling like arts come from sword and axe arts

spear and long weapon arts give rise to striking arts since they have vulnerability inside and the footwork is the same
>>
>>92040842
At least they aren't orange-wearing-magic-wielding second-coming-of-Jesus-explosion-throwing-super-gods
>>
>>92047543

Tits so big they have veins are awesome. It's like visible evidence that their body is having to adapt to supporting those rocking titties.
>>
>>92047001

This is basically how I imagine Amily every time I play CoC. Except wearing a nurse's outfit.
>>
>>92040971
>he can't even tell ninjas from psychics
>>
File: zabu.jpg (62KB, 546x203px) Image search: [Google]
zabu.jpg
62KB, 546x203px
>>92048182
Hell, even I can't tell ninja from physics.
>>
>>92040842
w-what's going on in the rest of the image?
>>
>>92041266
lol that face
>>
>>92046205
Doesn't change the fact that he as the Voldermort of the series, right down the snake fetish.
>>
I thought a big part was because many places like say England got super triggered about the idea of ninjas ever.

>>92041926
It is NOW. Karate is a last ditch desperation option of a people forcefully disarmed by militant oppressors.

>>92045921
>where do you think you are?
>>
File: 1450746734932.jpg (68KB, 519x519px) Image search: [Google]
1450746734932.jpg
68KB, 519x519px
>>92040842
Because realistic ninjas are rather boring
>no character design. Just dress them all in patterned, dark blue (not black because it contrasts too much with whatever dim light there is)
>character has to be skinny and little
>avoid as much fight as possible
>only get to kill one person while they're sleeping or something
>cant eat pizza since ninjas were strict vegetarians
>etc.
>>
>>92049759
*because fake ninjas that people like to pretend actually existed are rather boring
>>
>>92049902
As opposed to the actual ninja who really did exist, that did what exactly?
>>
>>92050291
Spied and assassinated people, and mostly wore plain clothes to blend in. Where did you get the idea that they wore patterned dark blue and were vegetarians?
>>
>>92050291

Ninjas tended to disguise themselves as common people, the all-black clothes were more common in night sabotage missions than assassinations.
>>
>>92041300
I happen to remember a kendo (wood sword fight) based manga that was canceled only because it didn't follow everything kendo related, though. Can't remember the name now, it was a about a wimp learning kendo with a busty ghost.
>>
>>92050291
The edo equivalent of the the CIA.
>>
>>92040990
>>92040842
Yes OP, Please do~~!!
>>
>>92050580
>>92050609
I wasn't the one who posted that comment, I dunno where the vegetarian thing came from. In any case, the elements I was highlighting are

>no character design
If they wear whatever others are wearing to blend in (which they did) then he was right on this, there's not really a 'character design' as such. I've seen the idea that they'd wear dark blue at night brought up in essays before, but I wouldn't know how hypothetical that was, I'm not gonna fuss over it.
>avoid as much fighting as possible
Seems to make sense. You're an assassin. Get in, do the job, get out.
>only get to kill one person while they're sleeping or something
Poison in the food would probably be more likely but if this poster is highlighting it as "a boring way to kill" then depending on what people consider boring he may not be wrong.

I was mainly confused by
>fake ninjas that people like to pretend actually existed
Because despite getting elements wrong, the vibe came across as bring kind of close enough, the depiction of a realistic ninja as someone who finds a way to get in, avoids conflict, does the dirty deed in a 'cheap' way. Plain clothes assassins certainly fits better, but he wasn't so off the mark as compared to how ninja are commonly depicted in fiction.
>>
>>92041614
Replace "best" with "funnest" and I'll agree.
>>
>>92046205
He was clearly the voldemort of the series when it started. The series didn't go for the 1:1 shameless ripoff, and got its own footing, but in pre-timeskip Naruto the parallels are still there. They switched around some of the roles but the general idea of many of the original Harry Potter characters was still there. Plus you can look it up, Kishi admitted he was going to basically make a Harry Potter clone before he turned Naruto into what it is now.
>>
Ninjas are more boring than you think.

Supposed to be in blue not black.
Usually just carries a knife
Most of the time peasants on suicide mission
>>
>>92051244
Nah, best. The funny faces on the guys are fun sure, but if you actually look at the way the women are drawn it's pretty alluring and incredibly artistic. Along with all the different poses they cover. Plus the backgrounds are usually nice. His stuff is good enough to frame and put in your house as an art piece.
>>
File: Nin_Snapshot_06.jpg (51KB, 800x450px)
Nin_Snapshot_06.jpg
51KB, 800x450px
>Characters are supposed to be ninjas
>Wear bright, garish colors and scream catchphrases at the top of their lungs
>>
>>92051313
>walk into guy's house
>see >>92041266 framed on wall
>do a 360 degree turn and moonwalk back out
>>
File: 1268352223404.png (11KB, 429x410px)
1268352223404.png
11KB, 429x410px
>>92042043
Tortoises ARE turtles.

L2Monophyletics, britfag.
>>
>>92051253
>Makes a clone
>It was better as a clone than the garbage it became
>>
>ninja show
>people expect historical accuracy
>>
>>92051423
You're a filthy pig that can't appreciate art. Even on the dumb face crops, look at the texture and detail of the image. It's fucking masterful. Very few actual non porn artists today can even hold a can hold a candle to what this man produces.
>>
>>92051463
Don't get your panties in a twist while eating eggplant as you walk down the toob leading to an air-plane, burgerfat.
>>
File: Clipboard011.jpg (13KB, 356x311px)
Clipboard011.jpg
13KB, 356x311px
>>92051489
>make a clone
>it's made of smoke
>>
>>92051726
pfft
>>
File: hansel.png (48KB, 160x175px) Image search: [Google]
hansel.png
48KB, 160x175px
>small character
>voice reason
>token male

always ends up as buttmonkey.
>>
File: 1493523152292.png (136KB, 294x319px) Image search: [Google]
1493523152292.png
136KB, 294x319px
>call themselves Samurai
>they actually Ronin
>>
>>92040842
I need more nihaotomita pron
>>
>>92041164
I think chivalry started out just describing someone who could fight on horeback (cavalry)...
>>
>>92041164
>it was chivalrous to duel a knight to death and fuck his woman
It's very chivalrous compared to just backstabing the guy and raping his wife.
>>
>>92052698
A member of a knighthood can be described as a chavalier/cavalier so that sounds about right
>>
File: 1355223201983.png (3MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1355223201983.png
3MB, 1920x1200px
Ninjas
>>
>>92041587
What did they do?
>>
>>92053644
They were a neutral group that decided to help the good guys last I read. Which was years ago.
>>
>>92040842
>characters are supposed to be ninjas
>they actually behave more like samurais, respecting honor codes bullshit and fighting for the "good cause".
Read sometime about Sengoku-jidai. Samurais were backstabbing dicks, while ninjas were actually showing honor and loyalty.
>>
>>92051412
I mean Kakuranger and Hurricanger are also guilty of bright color outfits
>>
>>92040842
Where or where is this artists gallery page, OP?
>>
>>92041178
Bushido was more a system designed to justify retaliation if you behave in a way not approved of by your peers.

Chivalry is the same, but far more social and religious.

Either way the result is giving others the right to go at you. Its like human rights violations today; it gives justification for actions against you but itself will not mean anything.
>>
>>92041374
Date Masamune and Takeda Shingen were pretty cool towards peasants.

I don't recall Yoshimoto Imagawa doing anything unsavory.
>>
>>92056209
Wasn't Yoshimoto an asshole in Samurai Warriors?
>>
>>92043056
Not everyone had an O-yoroi.

>>92046205
Harry DID give him a chance for redemption...
>>
>>92056406
Yoshimoto was a very clever nobleman who was good with money and investments as well as politics and alliances. When the power of the Shogun faded due to a massive amount of Clans existing due to every son having a right to an inheritance and a long period of relative peace, he became the secondary power base by acting as Shogun #2 and mediating them.

He was also highly eccentric. His family was descended directly from the family of the second and current Shogunate, the Ashikaga, and he felt entitled to be in on that. He also acted like an early Japanese high noble by blackening his teeth, shaving his eyebrows, wearing classical looking clothes, and using heavy makeup; like a general in the American Civil War walking around woth a snuffbox wearing a powdered wig and breeches. He wanted to restore Japan culturally to the old ways. Also, he was pretty chubby.

He decided he deserved to be Shogun and gathered a huge army then marched on the capital, not knowing everyone and their mother would break their oaths to him (he broke his to the Shogun first, justifying it) and opposed him. He was not a great military leader and was very anxious to become Shogun as a younger man, and suffered nasty attrition before Oda Nobunaga, also gunning to be Shogun, ended his march and killed him.

This showed how frail the Ashikaga rule was, basically beginning the Sengoku era AKA the great samurai clusterfuck.

He set up his Clan well regadless of his failure, and they remained powerful for the rest of Samurai history but never rose up or got involved in major conflict again. Imagawa descendants today are among the industry leaders of Japan.
>>
File: IMG_9490.jpg (34KB, 195x278px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9490.jpg
34KB, 195x278px
>>92056777
He gets portrayed as a clown and a retard in plays after his death, which is echoed in modern pop culture, because of how embarrasing his military career was along with his eccentricity. They also portray him as REALLY fat, when in reality he was only chubby and probably lost the weight during his march considering his armor at the time of his death wasn't very large. In the west a painting of him in his armor is actually one of the most famous samurai depictions, so in a way he's known as a badass outside of Japan.

But tl;dr he was just a clever oddball with too much ambition. He's comparable to Benjamin Franklin, although less inventing and more ambition.

Pic related is him in the Sengoku Basara AKA Devil Kings video game.
>>
File: tvmaga-crop.png (1MB, 962x754px) Image search: [Google]
tvmaga-crop.png
1MB, 962x754px
>characters can be either ninjas or samurai depending on which language you watch the show in
>>
>>92040842
True
>>
>>92050662
Bamboo Blade?
>>
File: Hattori_Hanzo[1].jpg (40KB, 298x321px)
Hattori_Hanzo[1].jpg
40KB, 298x321px
>>92040940
Hattori Hanzo is a good example of this.
>>
>>92058066
Kurogane
>>
>>92041033
>>92042682
>implying teenagers that grew up not like actual teenagers would act like normal teenagers
>>
You're saying actual ninja didn't actually do over the top Martial art moves that made them vulnerable in life or death situations?

But this Ninja master (who's Korean) says differently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgoSVo5viAQ
>>
File: Onedelegateplz.png (387KB, 529x661px) Image search: [Google]
Onedelegateplz.png
387KB, 529x661px
>>92040842
Because if said character's were good at ninjaing then you wouldn't be able to see them on-screen

Thats why cartoon ninjas have to be un-stealthy, so the audience can see them OP.
>>
>>92041266
>>92041614
>>92051244
that pic he did with Sonic and Peach is hilarious on so many levels.

and Peach makes the hottest face ever.
>>
>>92059210
What about that one about Arthur's party?
>>
>>92059210
the first one or the second one?
>>
>>92052698
I wish I could fight on a whore's back...
>>
>>92041178
The code didn't even exist until ww2.
>>
>>92062956
Arguable.
Book Of Five Rings is basically the first codified bushido. Before that it was regional tradition.

But no concrete accepted manual ever really existed. Like chivalry, the only rules are the ones that those around you enforce. I suppose the Order Of The Garter is the only codified chivalry.
>>
>>92059927
Both
>>92059926
Also hot

I like the Velma one the best though.
>>
>>92048065
My nigga.
>>
>>92056963
I'm convinced they were changed to samurai for the dub just to avoid comparisons to TMNT.
>>
post your opinions about the openings of the 80's TMNT cartoon:

English (original): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JNt0Wf-jpc
French: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQPNoIZhvS8
Russian: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5cVmGp5F74
Spanish (Argentina): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KobBdV_A2AQ
Italian: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1sauO_LUeE
German: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTcwZ6gRXnQ
Arabian: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf4Mi9tNWVw
Bulgarian: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L95TRgySo8E
Japanese: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZMgzhRma_c
and special mention to Basque: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48VfhgW-kd4
>>
>>92064867

Fuck, I didn't expect that bass on the french intro.
>>
>>92040842
>look up artist
>probably going to prison
Thanks a bunch fgt.
>>
File: guesstherest.png (1MB, 1126x664px)
guesstherest.png
1MB, 1126x664px
>>92040990
>>92050840
>>92048686
>>
>>92065171
Anon there's a dick in your pic.
>>
>>92065149
Your fault for living in Australia.
>>
>>92065171
Why does everyone this artist draws look like they're smeared in vaseline?
>>
>>92065269
Can you say you're 100% sure it's not a tail?
>>
File: Smug Marth.png (16KB, 215x229px) Image search: [Google]
Smug Marth.png
16KB, 215x229px
>>92048514
>Series where anime bullshit swordfights are common, but all blades are psychic weapons and not fully visible during fights
>Most fights just look like complex dances until somebody drops dead
I'd watch it
>>
>>92065759
I'm almost certain something like that already exists
>>
>>92065759
So Hidden Tiger, Rising Elfen Lied?
>>
File: Why would you ever.jpg (37KB, 500x430px) Image search: [Google]
Why would you ever.jpg
37KB, 500x430px
>>92065865
>Elfen Lied
I read quite a while ago, but some things still annoy me about that.
Were the main guy and the chick with brown hair cousins, or was that a translation thing? The manga ending would make that a bit... weird.
Also, the anime never used those giant ones, they were fucking cool (if disturbing).

I don't want to read/watch it again because I just know I'd find more and more weird/stupid/edgy plot holes in it
>>
>>92065982
Oh no, son, that was not a translation thing. They were cousins through and through. And they have kids in the manga. And the kids are Lucy maybe? I don't fucking know.
Basically a dude fucked his cousin and gave birth to his homicidal dead monster waifu.
>>
>>92066117
I remember the two kids who walked up to him and his child were monsters as well, because cliffhanger. I can't remember if that's a plot hole,
I think it wasn't because the mutation was just a thing that happened at random.
Which means that most of the series wasn't really important besides the usual supersoldier theme and the manufactured giant ones that weren't even used in the anime.

Basically, a half-decent basic idea (pseudo-
psychic mutants gaining military attention) that didn't have anything good surrounding it.
As usual.
>>
>>92053657
They were also, essentially ninjas that had armor and swords. They fought with chakra too, If i'm remembering correctly.
>>
>>92066219
They never really explain it, its just sorta supposed to be a dumb 'what a twist' ending where they present a scenario but don't have to deal with the consequences.

And if I'm to understand right, nothing in Elfen Lied mattered because apparently it was about the guy who found out that Lucy slaughtered his little sister in front of him for talking to him, and his romance with the former despite fucking his cousin instead.
>>
>>92066367
Yeah, and his 'romance' with Lucy was basically just him being the first person she talked to who hadn't tried to run away or attack her.
Considering how terrible the writing was, I'm pretty sure it was just the action scenes and theme song that made it popular.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (155KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
155KB, 1440x1080px
>>92066440
Pretty much.

And to be fair, Lilium is a beautiful opening. You can't really decry an opening with Gustav Klimf art as the motif.
Thread posts: 196
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.