[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did Logan study martial arts/samurai stuff if all he ever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

Why did Logan study martial arts/samurai stuff if all he ever did or does is march right in to the line of fire and take massive damges? His healing factor doesnt mean he doesnt feel pain right? So I assume he wanted to learn the best techniques to avoid taking massive damage in combat but he never ever uses it. He just storms the gates and takes the arrows and bullets. he never needed any martial arts training period because he never uses it. a totally wasted number of years studying shit he never bothers using.
i have the same issue with Eternal Warrior. Thousands of years of experience and you walk right into machine guns fire? Ditto for Deadpool. Ditto for all healing factor characters. Why do they train at all? They never use the skills.
They just use brute force/berzerker rages and try to outlast enemies due to their healing factors. Do they like the pain like a masochist so they indulge in it? whats the deal?
Is it bad writing or do i not get it?
>>
>>92030166
Bad writing.
>OH OH, he also studied SAMURAI SHIT, cuz thats cool!
>>
Some of them, like Eternal Warrior, you're right. But Logan is absolutely a sadomasochistic asshole. He enjoys being a beserker, and he hates himself for it. Which is why he runs face first into oncoming fire.
>>
>>92030166
I like to think that Wolverine is actually the originolli weeaboo and as for Normiepool, if you actually read his comics you would know that he was ex-military (maybe spec ops, I cant remember) and he does try to avoid the bullets because he can still feel the pain and he doesn't like it

I haven't read Eternal Warrior though so I wont say about him
>>
File: 1438044914642.png (978KB, 642x659px) Image search: [Google]
1438044914642.png
978KB, 642x659px
>>92030166
>receive would-be fatal injury to someone without a healing factor
>go ''''''''berserk''''''''
>kill them
>"he had it coming"
>his friends are spared the guilt of taking a person's life just because they were in their way
>>
>>92030166
Wolverine doesn't even have super strength, if people were genuinely just able to shoot him as they pleased they could just blow off his feet and he wouldn't be able to do shit for a minute. Besides, he wouldn't even be especially hard to put into submission if he didn't know a good deal of martial arts so I'm certain he uses it and avoids bullets, at least where it counts.
>>
File: 1482445407983.jpg (24KB, 253x301px) Image search: [Google]
1482445407983.jpg
24KB, 253x301px
>>92030166
My friends and I used to talk about this during the 90's. Blade of the Immortal was being published by Dark Horse and we compared Logan to Manji.

Manji started off as a superb fighter who had tons of skill in killing and defending himself. When he became immortal, his fighting skill in protecting himself started to decline further and further as the issues went along. The character recognized that it was happening and blamed his subconscious in that deep down, he knew he could take brand new risks he never could before because he would simply heal the inflicted damage. It made him sloppy, he knew it, but seemed unable to change back to his disciplined style once a fight was going down.

Logan is only somewhat different. During the 80's he wasn't immortal - Kitty Pryde in her 6 issue arc in Japan became a skilled fighter when she was brainwashed by Ogun and ran her katana through Logan's heart. Now of course, she was only able to pull this off because Logan was holding back with her, and he did still live from it, but it was clearly implied that between the heart strike and a continued assault on his body to open up fresh, deep cuts would have killed him from his bleeding out.

It was during this era of the 80's that Logan was written to actually care about martial arts training, fighting discipline, and timing because he knew he COULD die. He still jobbed some because the writers knew he could heal back up, but his duel with Silver Samurai was one example of showcasing his sticking with a disciplined approach.

The 90's hit, his healing factor was ramped up during the 'radical comics' stage, and the jobbing happened a lot more. The comparison ends with the writers for Blade of the Immortal thinking through what was going on, and the Marvel writers of the 90's simply not giving a fuck.
>>
>>92030166
bitch if you've lived for 200+ years in some of the most violent places and participated in conflicts nearly daily because you're an angry manlet you'll learn a thing or two from each fight it's called experience. i

it's why fighters spar and why some hoodrats and hooligans can kinda fight despite not having formal training, they get better with experience
>>
>>92030338
Well if someone did have the intention of killing you then theoretically they would deserve to be killed by you if you were given the opportunity and chose to take it. And I'm a no kill rule-fag and everything, that's just the way 'justice' works. An eye for an eye unless they obviously knew Wolverine was immortal and their intention wasn't to kill just to incapacitate
>>
>>92030166

Heroes draw fire so others aren't hurt.
>>
>>92030484
intredasting
>>
>>92030166
what I've never understood is why Logan pops his claws before he starts to fight with someone he's never met when you think punching at the guy then popping the claws when Logan made contact would be a better option
>>
>>92031119

even worse is that just a simple punch from Wolverine would hurt like hell considering his skeleton.

he could fuck people up without ever popping his claws
>>
I think I read somewhere that he goes in like an animal so it's harder for his opponents to track or counter. They definitely have addressed this in a comic though.
>>
Interesting theory I've read a few times:

Wolverine's healing factor feels really good. It would explain why he smokes so much (the damage inflicted and then healed feels as good as smoking for a human), and why he just goes fucking crazy and rips shit up. I like the idea honestly
>>
Frank Miller was a weeaboo before being a weeaboo was a thing.
>>
>>92030484
>It was during this era of the 80's that Logan was written to actually care about martial arts training, fighting discipline, and timing because he knew he COULD die.

This is actually true. He can heal, but the injuries he receives can be painful. Arguably the 90's amped up his healing but I think it's the 00's that actually ramped it up to crazy levels. I think you could sort of see it during Morrison's New X-Men, but the worst offenders were Ultimate Wolverine (particularly in the Ultimate Wolverine vs Hulk crossover where he could still survive despite being a decapitated head; but then it's ironic that they did eventually manage to kill him off and keep him dead) and that time Guggenheim assumed Wolverine could heal from a drop of blood by himself.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.