[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUs ssa6ArAY So we're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 14

File: doc2_1600.jpg (518KB, 1600x1280px) Image search: [Google]
doc2_1600.jpg
518KB, 1600x1280px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUsssa6ArAY

So we're all agreed that this is the best superhero set-piece ever put to film, right?

Also: Even if we're not, let's make this a positive thread. Your favorite moments from /co/-related live-action media. Shit, I'll even accept fan films.
>>
>swings around the pole and catapaults himself out through the side window
>gets pulled back to the side of the train by some unknown force
???
>>
>>92024134

It's just a superhero movie, you should really just relax.
>>
>>92024179
I understand that superhero movies require you to ignore a lot of bullshit that goes on in them to remain immersed, but that shit just doesn't make any sense. It's like the mirror scene in Totally Spies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx_T7kasdwM
>>
>>92024134
>gets pulled back to the side of the train by some unknown force
You mean his webbing?
>>
>>92024219
Well fuck, nevermind then. I am autistic.
>>
I would gladly consider this to be one of the best superhero movies ever made were it not for the fact that they cranked up Peter Parker's pathetic level.

Seriously, most of the movie is focused on how much the world likes to shit on the poor schmuck.
>>
Goddamn that is a good scene.
>>
>>92024241
Is Raimi a Gwenfag?
MJ is a complete cunt, while Gwen, for whatever little time she had on-screen, is likable and fun.
>>
>>92024260
Yeah, MJ really did come off as a bit of a bitch in those movies.
>>
>>92024260
She's almost a non-character
>>
>>92024302
It was also weird how Rami portrayed her father as an abusive blue-collar slob where in the comics he was in fact an abusive white-collar wannabe intellectual.
>>
>>92024241

That's kind of the point of the whole film, though. It took something that seems like fun - being Spider-Man, webslinging through NYC, all that shit - and showed what a tragic and heavy burden it was on Peter Parker.

It was also a great contrast to Otto Octavius. Life shit pretty hard on Peter and Otto, but where Otto turned to villainy and sought revenge on a world (and a superhero) that he felt had wronged him, Peter turned to heroics and accepted a burden only he could bear (including being the target of villains like Doc Ock).

If "Logan" did not exist, I would say that "Spider-Man 2" is the best non-MCU superhero film ever. As it stands, it is a very close second place.
>>
>>92024020
the only complaint I can think of is that they flanderized Octavius. he was always a bitter cunt in the comics that gets off fucking with Spider-Man. he was unrecognizable until the transformation at least.

but man, organic webbing must be the most fantastical element of these movies. I don't hate it but it's asking to ignore too much.
>>
>>92024463

If it makes you feel better, MCU!Spidey is using synthetic webbing.
>>
File: meirl.gif (2MB, 500x236px) Image search: [Google]
meirl.gif
2MB, 500x236px
>>92024020
Why is this scene so effective? We fully know Spidey's gonna pull it off, but the thrill and danger are so much more tangible in comparison with literally dozens of similar setpieces that came before or would come after
>>
>>92024508

>Why is this scene so effective?

Dramatic escalation combined with the rule of three. At first it's Spider-Man trying to stop Doc Ock, then it's Spidey trying to save people being thrown off the train, then it's Spidey trying to stop the train as a whole. When Spidey tries to stop the train, he goes through two failed attempts before he finally gets it right with the third. The "ticking clock" principle plays a part in the final part of the sequence, as Spider-Man has a limited timeframe to stop the train, and we're waiting to see how close he can cut it before he ultimately saves everyone.
>>
File: Darkman.jpg (35KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Darkman.jpg
35KB, 960x540px
Speaking of Sam Raimi and superhero films, say that Darkman impressed Burton enough that they handed over the Batman franchise to him after Batman Returns. How do you think that would have turned out?
>>
>>92024549

Oh, and it also helps that the danger is much more relatable and grounded than the "magic portal of hell" stuff you see in numerous other superhero movies. An alien invasion? Fantastical bullshit. A trainwreck? Much more realistic and believable.
>>
File: darkman-begins.gif (988KB, 500x267px) Image search: [Google]
darkman-begins.gif
988KB, 500x267px
>>92024551
Probably as cheesy as Schumacher's, but in a different way. It would also have been compared to Burton's unfavorably, most likely

We were better off with Spidey; as much as Raimi likes horror and while he can do dark, he can't do moody for shit.
>>
>>92024595
you can't possibly put spider-man and doctor strange in the same level of "grounded"
>>
>>92024640

I never said the two characters were. I meant that the danger faced in the average superhero film you see these days - e.g., the Chitauri invading NYC, "Dormammu I've come to bargain", Doomsday going Braun Strowman on The Trinity - is far more fantastical than the kind of danger Spider-Man was trying to stop in that specific scene. You can imagine yourself in a potential train wreck far easier than you can imagine yourself in the middle of an alien invasion because one is an actual thing that happens in our world and the other is limited to the realm of fantasy.
>>
>>92024595
I get what you mean. Every second shot in the scene you could see the terrified faces of everyone who would die if Spidey failed to pull this off. and it made their relief and anxiety afterwards at being saved more palpable.

most cape movies you get 'mind that bad guy. what bad guy? splat.' when it comes to the civilians in danger
>>
>>92024708

Exactly! The film did a hell of a job in making the fear of those in danger palpable and believable, which adds to the tension of the scene.
>>
>>92024551
I think Raimi would still try to make things sillier and more on the camp side, but he would still try and treat the franchise with respect.
His Darkman movie was a better Shadow movie than the actual Shadow movie
>>
>>92026254

>His Darkman movie was a better Shadow movie than the actual Shadow movie

Damn.
>>
>>92024020
>not the extended version
>>
>>92024020
Spiderman 2 is just the best Live action cape film to date in general, not just that scene. And I only say Live Action because a case can definitely be made for The Incredibles.
>>
>>92024639
God damn I love Raimi.
>>
>>92027445
It's not, you were 11 when it came out and that's fine, but for fucks sake. Is not a better movie than Donner's or BB.
>>
>>92024020
couple of questions.. why did the track just stop in the middle of the city instead of going in somewhat of a loop or anything?
I know that his mask sorta burned but why didn't Peter just "tap" it out? It's not like we haven't seen him with a halfmask on before.
How would any superhero EVER think that the best idea would be to take off the mask?
Are we just assuming that people are naturally good people who would not reveal the secret identity? Not ONE troll guy who would go to reddit or 4chan and post "lol I know who Spider-man is"?
>>
>>92027635
>why did the track just stop in the middle of the city instead of going in somewhat of a loop or anything?
Many tracks don't actually go in a loop. Your LEGO train set lied to you.
>>
>>92024260
No.

A lot of M.J's scenes are like Peter's but without the backing context, or at least, the support the viewer has for peter.

Gwen comes off as vapid and dumb that entire film. M.J is always shown working to better herself.

Raimi needed more time.
>>
>>92024020
>Phil LaMarr right there
I always wonder what the fuck he's even doing in this movie.
>>
>>92027608
Batman Begins is good.

Having seen Spiderman 2 recently, it still holds up man.
Spiderman 2 is a damn good movie.
>>
>>92027635
>why did the track just stop in the middle of the city instead of going in somewhat of a loop or anything?
H-have you never been to a metropolitan city?
>>
File: venus williams using espn.jpg (29KB, 550x384px) Image search: [Google]
venus williams using espn.jpg
29KB, 550x384px
>>92027608
I rewatched Spider-Man 2 a few months ago. It still holds up. It is truly "cape-kino" as those /tv/ meme-tards love to say.

>mfw noticing Joel McHale and Phil LaMarr in the movie
>>
>>92024401
>tragic and heavy burden it was on Peter Parke
Not really. Burden yes but not tragic. Being Spider-man was always more work then gain in any capacity. Which isn't tragic, it's more like slogging threw shit all day with nothing to show for it.
>>
>>92027711
>Your LEGO train set lied to you
no.. no. THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!

>>92028094
no I only have legos
>>
File: 9068442206_e2b881b59b_b.jpg (450KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
9068442206_e2b881b59b_b.jpg
450KB, 1024x683px
>>92024020
I love everything about the original trilogy like evryone else here but why is this scene consider the greatest of any Cape movie? I think Spidey Vs Green Goblin was a much better fight. Personally my favourite one is Harry/Peter Vs Sandman/Venom. I would even say that Normal Peter Vs Normal Harry is a better and more powerful fight too
>>
>>92028432

Spider vs Green Goblin was so brutal. they didnt pull punches back then.
>>
>>92024020
It was kino until he takes the mask off
>>
>>92027635
>Are we just assuming that people are naturally good people who would not reveal the secret identity? Not ONE troll guy who would go to reddit or 4chan and post "lol I know who Spider-man is"?

dude, he saved their fucking lives, i know it's kind of cheesy but i love civilians rooting and protecting their hero.
>>
File: Harry Osbornes.jpg (543KB, 1798x795px) Image search: [Google]
Harry Osbornes.jpg
543KB, 1798x795px
>We'll never get a scene as good as this one in any Spiderman movie ever again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbU4I3IE0Es

Don't get me wrong, i love Tom Holland as the new Spiderman but so far everything i've read and hear about the new movie sounds lame as fuck.
>>
>>92028510
That's one of the reasons I love Spider-Man movies, the civilians there mostly arent like the majority of 616 civilians and actually love and respect their hero
>>
>>92027635
>Not ONE troll guy who would go to reddit or 4chan and post "lol I know who Spider-man is"?
Those things didn't exist in 2001 and camera phones weren't widely available in the US. All you could do was go on a BBS and describe a totally average looking dark haired guy. Not exactly the scoop of the century
>>
>>92027635

>Not ONE troll guy who would go to reddit or 4chan and post "lol I know who Spider-man is"?

I mean, it's not like he said his name was Peter Parker and I doubt he carries around his ID or anything when he's Spider-Man. Unless they snapped his picture with their phone all they'd have to describe is a generic skinny white guy.
>>
>>92028552

liked ASM to an extent, but they completely blew it with the abudance of villains in the sequel. Now we're getting DisMarvel spiderman, which is going to be "amazing ironman's sidekick"
>>
>>92024020
Doc oct was great in that movie, if not for the retarded "I'm mentally unstable so my powers don't work" trope it could have been good
>>
File: spider-man-homecoming-trailer.jpg (66KB, 960x459px) Image search: [Google]
spider-man-homecoming-trailer.jpg
66KB, 960x459px
>>92028699
>Now we're getting DisMarvel spiderman, which is going to be "amazing ironman's sidekick"
What's worse is that this new Spidey is a total newbie. I wanted a Spidey with more experience. Seeing Raimi Spiderman being a badass in my childhood and the new one getting babysat by everyone now is sad.
>>
>>92024723
The everyday New Yorkers are so memorable in the Raimi Spider-Man movies,
>He stinks, and I don't like him!
it's something lacking from most other superhero movies. Watchmen was certainly worse off for having omitted so many talking heads.

Raimi understood the 'urban fairytale' setting so well, and it was a timely remedy to the post-9/11 climate in New York
>>
>>92028815
At least if homecoming does suck it'll make marvel fags shut up about the x-men and FF rights
>>
>>92024020
>Phil Lamar and Joey Diaz in the same scene.

Truly the best.
>>
File: ASM-V1-001-01.jpg (467KB, 1038x1581px) Image search: [Google]
ASM-V1-001-01.jpg
467KB, 1038x1581px
>>92028815
I don't think Homecoming will be as good as Spider-Man 1&2, but I don't mind the differences.

Raimi's Peter becomes Spider-Man because he's an awkward lonely weirdo who wanted to do good while escaping from and pretecting his own life.. MCU Spidey is more of an impressional youth who seeks to emulate the precedent set by existing superheroes.

Tom Holland's Spider-man idolising Tony Stark and the Avengers is not much different to how he was originally set on joining the Fantastic Four in the original comics.
>>
>>92029267
>Raimi's Peter becomes Spider-Man because he's an awkward lonely weirdo who wanted to do good while escaping from and pretecting his own life..
What the fuck are you talking about. He become Spiderman because he wanted to bring justice like Ben would have wanted. He wasn'ta coward at all
>>
>>92029301
I never said he was a coward. I said he was a awkward loser who wants to do good, and creates a secret identity to protect himself, and is able to joke and show off when behind a mask.

Do you disagree with that? That's the core basis of Spider-man, it's just that Raimi's version played up the lonesome, misfortunate dork aspect.
>>
>>92029387
You're projecting quite a bit on the Raimi version. He wore a mask simply to protect his identity and loved ones.
>>
>>92029420
In what way am I projecting?
Without the mask, he's awkward and mushy.
When he has the mask, he's back-talking and confident. I don't see how you missed that.
>>
>>92024020
I ranked it as one of the top 3, if not #1, best superhero films I've seen until Captain America: Winter Soldier. That's my current favorite as the Russo's were so based with what they did with it.
>>
>>92029476
He's often awkward with the mask and confident without it. You're blowing it way out of proportion.
>>
>>92027635
You have to remember, this is from a time before everyone had a small camera/computer in their pocket at all times.

The likelyhood of him getting found out for having whipped off the mask for a few moments is MUCH lower than if he did that today.
>>
>>92026637
I mean I like The Shadow movie and all but I have to admit that Darkman is much more inventive, faithful to the spirit of the character, and is just a better movie overall.
Which isn't that surprising considering Darkman was essentially born from Raimi wanting to do his Shadow movie, not being able to, and doing it anyway by just replacing a few things and using his OC Donut Steel.
We are probably never going to see a Shadow revival anytime soon considering DC doesn't care, most people don't know about him, and he's probably trapped in some kind of unholy legal purgatory.
>>
>>92027635
>>92027711
>>92028094
What's funny is that the actual portion of track they filmed is part of a loop, and the bit that they CG'd over water just keeps going for several miles into the Southside of Chicago.

By the way, what's with so many cape films getting shot in Chicago or Boston?
>>
>>92024020
I wish Peter and Spider-Man got more respect in these movies. That one asshole going "Anymore bright ideas?" while Peter is trying to save his life is just indicative of how everyone in this universe treats Peter.

Granted, Peter comes across as a dick at times as well, but this is a positive thread.
>>
>>92033262

"he stole that guy's pizza!"

also spidey have bad rep thanks to JJJ
>>
>>92033554
Did he have a bad reputation outside of the first movie? Even at the end of the first movie, all of those New Yorkers came to save him from Green Goblin.
>>
File: depenguin.png (349KB, 576x296px) Image search: [Google]
depenguin.png
349KB, 576x296px
>>92024020
I really like Batman Returns. I'd easily call it one of the best superhero movies up there with Spider-Man 2.
Especially the Penguin stuff. I love the radically different take they went with for the character and how it influenced later depictions and allowed Penguin to find his unique characterization outside of the campy era of Batman (not that there's anything wrong with that and I love campy Batman).
DeVito is based and he knocked it out of the park with this one. It's great hearing about how invested he got into such a role and how fun it was for him to play the Penguin.
>>
>>92033928
>"I'd like to fill her void."
>"Just the pussy I was looking for."

Why was he so DTF?
>>
>>92033262
its what makes spidey great, he does good things for ungratefull people
>>
File: 1342896973879.jpg (47KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1342896973879.jpg
47KB, 500x500px
>>92024020
is spiderman 2 worth watching?
I know 3 isn't.
>>
>>92033956
He was raised in the sewers with a bunch of penguins and circus freaks his entire life.
I doubt any of those things would want to have sex with him or even show him the ropes on it.
And those hands probably make it really hard for him to masturbate, if he ever even learned how to.
I wouldn't be surprised if he was a virgin who watched people around him fuck all the time while he himself could never get any action.
I mean, you try masturbating with a bunch of deformed flippers for hands.
>>
>>92034104
2 is a must
and 3 is fine, alot of people dont like it but for me the sandman stuff redemes it
>>
>>92033189

>what's with so many cape films getting shot in Chicago or Boston?

Cheaper to film in than New York - most likely due to tax breaks.
>>
File: 1493591167078-co.png (41KB, 1497x830px) Image search: [Google]
1493591167078-co.png
41KB, 1497x830px
>>92024401
This is a new meme, ty
>>
>>92034104
3 isn't that bad.
The Sandman stuff is great and Emo Peter is actually pretty hilarious.
I'm not saying it's good but I'd take that over the Sony movies.
Most of the backlash against it comes from Venom fans who got pissed at how he was handled (and Sony is to blame because Raimi said clearly he didn't like Venom and didn't want to put him in the movies)
>>
>>92028104
Did Joel McHale get a hair transplant becuase he looks like he was starting to go bald but by the time community comes around his hair looks fine
>>
>>92028432

>I think Spidey Vs Green Goblin was a much better fight.

It's not so much about the fight itself as it is the entirety of that scene. If you were going to show someone a single scene as a go-to summary of Spider-Man - one scene that encapsulates the character as a generalised idea - the train scene would be it. It has everything that makes Spider-Man such a memorable character: a great antagonist, an awesome display of his superpowers, his selfless devotion to saving others, and...people shitting on him for not getting it right the first time.

Other than Tobey MacGuire's ridiculous facial expressions, there is literally nothing wrong with this scene. It is a tense, enthralling action scene with just the right amount of dramatic alleviation ("Any more bright ideas?") to make it feel serious while retaining a sense of fun. Few other scenes in other superhero movies manage to do the same thing as this scene. Damned if I can think of one off the top of my head.
>>
>>92028432
Oh yeah the first Harry and Peter fight was pretty good the seconed fight was pretty good too
>>
>>92034586
what is spiderman's most iconic villain anyway? I want to say venom, but I really don't know.
>>
>>92034586

If I can say one good thing about Spider-Man 3, it is that the "birth of the Sandman" scene is still fucking incredible.

https://youtu.be/a1xPWjjFKF8?t=1m53s
>>
>>92028467
One of my favorite super hero fights
>>
>>92034727
I can't believe Marvel has the face to remake that scene with Tom in the new movie. I haven't seen the movie yet but i can tell it will be luckuster.
>That overused of CGI
>Iron Man saving him
>With the mask on
plus we barely care about this new Peter
>>
>>92028552
Ya know the seconed fim hinted at a silver green goblin mask. Would the silver version of the Goblin Rider suit and the snowboard glider look together
>>
>>92034774
>spiderman's most iconic villain anyway?
That is surprisingly not as easy to answer as it seems.
I think it's a toss-up between Green Goblin, Dr.Octopus and Venom.
Goblin is probably the most personal because of his murder of Gwen, as well as the Goblin family. And Goblin is kind of Spider-Man's Joker, to draw a very loose comparison.
Octopus was, or at least used to be, the most common, and I'd argue he is the greatest in the sense that he is one of the most dangerous and who pĆ³ses a threat on the largest scale.
But Venom probably beats them both in straight-up popularity and the Symbiotes have spawned a franchise of their own, even though Venom is not that old and his popularity is mostly because of 90s edge and because he was fun to draw.

Yeah I really can't decide.

>>92034778
I liked that all three movies tried to humanize the main villains to an extent and further the comparisons between them and Peter. Even Goblin, the most villainous of them, still had sympathetic moments.
It doesn't detract from what makes them work as villains but it adds that touch of subtlety and humanity that makes us feel more for them and for Peter's struggle.
(except for Venom but Raimi didn't give a shit)
>>
>>92035148
>Dear God, Please kill Peter Parker

That should have been the last scene of the movie. it was pure gold.
>>
>>92024134
SpiderForce
>>
>>92034849
Two completely different scenes. Just stop.
>>
>>92024463
>>92024471
Can someone please explain why organic webbing is such a big no-no? Is it the fact that all that material is coming from "nowhere" or engineering the webbing is a necessary part of showing Peter's genius side or something?

I always found it really fucking lame that "I'M OUT OF NESPRESSO CARTRIDGES" was a plot device in some spiderman incarnations.
>>
>>92028552
Random NY Alleyway Clothesline is the hero we deserve. He doesn't pull his punches like that schmuck Spider-Man.
>>
>>92035571

>Is it the fact that all that material is coming from "nowhere" or engineering the webbing is a necessary part of showing Peter's genius side or something?

A bit of both, really.
>>
> the capeshit that made the best homage to the comic medium is also the one that made the best portrait of comic-book action to the big screen

Raimi is so based is not even funny
>>
>>92036673

Raimi is fucking awesome. Even his worst stuff is still entertaining in some way.
>>
>>92024549
Plus the escalation of Doc Ock using Peter trying to save innocents against him. Spiderman is always at its best on screen when he has to do some cool shit to keep bystanders from getting hurt.
>>
>>92034849
Isnt that ship going to sink anyway? It been split in half
>>
>>92038136
I think the trailer shows Iron Man flying up to help by having drones push the ship together. He probably just welds it back together long enough to get to shore.
>>
>>92024508
He looks like he just did all the shit he did.
Thread posts: 96
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.