[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>it's too colorful and wacky Why do I hear this complaint

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 10

File: RAGNAROK.jpg (32KB, 1024x691px) Image search: [Google]
RAGNAROK.jpg
32KB, 1024x691px
>it's too colorful and wacky

Why do I hear this complaint more from 4chan users and not from normies? The earliest Thor comics WERE colorful and wacky. Shouldn't comicfags know this?

Or is the problem that people are still desperate for high fantasy?
>>
>>92012964
Ignore /tv/
>>
DCEU fanboys
>>
>>92012964
>colorful and wacky
>Ragnarok
You dont see the issue here?
>>
File: R80IbXQ.jpg (1MB, 1200x1753px) Image search: [Google]
R80IbXQ.jpg
1MB, 1200x1753px
>>92012964
4chan users hate colors and fun

they unironically love DC's sh*tty fricking movies
>>
Casuals trying to fit in.

And you should've learned by now that /co/ doesn't read comics.
>>
>>92013049
Ragnarok is the last act.
>>
>>92012964
Here's the trajectory.

>something released is good, /co/ loves it
>week or two later once hype has died shitposting begins

You can watch this play out in real time in the next couple of weeks with GotG2
>>
>>92013078
people on /co/ assume that if something isn't discussed for months on end it's shit while ignoring that most movies that aren't memes aren't discussed for months on end
>>
>>92013076
>Ragnarok is the last arc
And you don't see the issue here either?
>>
>>92013174
So a Thor movie that isn't a dreary mopey mess from beginning to end ISN'T a breath of fresh air for you?

The gravitas of Ragnarok and the destruction of Asgard are not played for jokes. This doesn't mean that things can be light at points before that.
>>
>>92013219
The problem comes from the fact that it has Ragnarok in the title and as a close as the movies will get to the event. So yes in this case it being a colourful and wacky movie is an issue
>The gravitas of Ragnarok and the destruction of Asgard are not played for jokes.
But it will be, but will be played for bad jokes.
>>
File: fucking americans.jpg (504KB, 1600x1198px) Image search: [Google]
fucking americans.jpg
504KB, 1600x1198px
>>92013267
>But it will be, but will be played for bad jokes.
>nothing in the trailer associated with Asgard being destroyed is shown as a joke
>Asgard highly hinted to be completely fucked at the end despite everyone's efforts because of Thanos

Is there anything to back up your cynicism besides baseless pessimism?
>>
File: photo.jpg (43KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
43KB, 900x900px
>>92012964
Mfw I love both the most colourful MCU movies and the darkest DCEU movies
>>
>>92013354
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swRPvGtEU1Y
>>
>>92013315
Shut up you fuckinrh nigger and stop sucking Marvels dick
>>
>>92013315
>nothing in the trailer associated with Asgard being destroyed is shown as a joke
Oh yes Immigrant Song really just screams dread and destruction doesn't it?
>>
File: 1473971123703.jpg (76KB, 349x356px) Image search: [Google]
1473971123703.jpg
76KB, 349x356px
>>92013490
>>92013512
>marketing crafted to get the most amount of people to watch a movie is representative of the final product
>>
>>92013569
In this case the marketing made me want to stay away from the movie, well that and track record.
>>
>>92013598
That's irrelevant to what we were discussing, but stay pleb and contrarian my good man.
>>
File: Ragnarok.jpg (200KB, 1024x515px) Image search: [Google]
Ragnarok.jpg
200KB, 1024x515px
>>92013049
>colorful and wacky
>Ragnarok
The climax to the all-time classic comic book Ragnarok was Odin. Thor and Loki battling a big red giant wearing underwear made of fire, with gigantic sound effects blurbs errywhere.

If anything the movie seems a bit reserved and understated.
>>
>>92013315
>filename
>yuropoor plugs
Lel
>>
>>92014180
noticed that as well.
>>
The earliest Stan Lee stories were wacky, but there's a reason no one cares about the ones that Lee had a big influence on.

Once Kirby was essentially the sole plotter, it was totally serious, not wacky. I hate this idea that something being totally sci-fi and imaginative means it has to be self-aware and "wacky".
>>
>>92013512
Remember when Iron Man 3 had a super-dark trailer that built up the Mandarin, and then the movie itself was a snarky romp and the Mandarin was the biggest punchline of all?

Hell, The Dark World's trailer made it out to be far darker than it actually was too. I call it the TDKR effect. Now we're in the midst of the GoTG effect instead.

I'd honestly rather they advertise honestly than pretend it's something it's not. And Immigrant Song is just the most famous song about Norse shit, and The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo already famously used a dark, moody cover of it so they can't go that route.
>>
File: Loki knives.jpg (53KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Loki knives.jpg
53KB, 1280x720px
>>92016389

Ragnarok is not going to modeled after GotG. Mr. marvel said so.

https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2017/04/thor-ragnarok-is-nothing-like-guardians-of-the-galaxy-according-to-kevin-feige/

Looking at the trailer for Thor’s cosmic romp, Thor: Ragnarok, it’s pretty hard not to make comparisons to a certain other Marvel series featuring a group of intergalactic, wisecracking… well, Guardians. According to Marvel’s Kevin Feige, however, the two movies are nothing alike. Speaking to Heroic Hollywood, the head of Marvel Studios had this to say:

“Well, I think I would say it’s, and as people see more of Ragnarok, it’s a Taika tone more than a Guardians tone. He’s really adding a very unique point of view to it, but certainly the success of Guardians just boosted our confidence to continue to go in new, fun, weird directions.”
>>
File: 1451262881012.png (217KB, 372x334px) Image search: [Google]
1451262881012.png
217KB, 372x334px
>>92012964
>discusses a fucking movie on /co/
>expects people who read comics actually participate
>>
>>92017034
Anon wasn't saying that the movie is like GotG, just that the trailer is presenting it as similar because of the popularity of Guardians. Like how at peak Nolan hype ever trailer used THAT sound. You know the one I'm talking about.
>>
File: HE STOOD ALONE.webm (107KB, 1242x524px) Image search: [Google]
HE STOOD ALONE.webm
107KB, 1242x524px
>>92012964
>>92012994
This, /tv/ needs to fuck off. Comic readers wouldn't say something like >>92013049.
They are probably just afraid of the movie being filled with quips and whacky scenes, but that's what comic books have been since 40's to the early 00´s, serious dark toned stories were not seen that much. They exist, they are good, but they are a minority. The campiness is just pandering for readers, that's why /tv/ hates it because >muh dark serious story that has to reach to my soul with never ever seen writting.

also, if it was all dark toned shit, you wouldn't be able to se HE STOOD ALLONE
>>
>>92012964

I'm more excited about seeing skurge. I was actually passed when none of the youtube nerds recognised him from the trailer.
>>
>>92012964

It's like they started writing your typical Thor movie like the first two, then gave up halfway and crammed whatever was written about Planet Hulk into it, then had the GotG writers fill in the rest with quips and memes.
>>
ITT: people who don't know the first thing about marketing or trailers.
>>
>>92020141
Cool, you've seen the finished movie? Lucky guy!
>>
>>92012964
>previous marvel movies:
>THERES NO COLOR ITS SO GRAY AND SERIOUS
>current marvel movies:
>ITS TOO COLORFUL AND WACKY

you can't win
>>
File: 1485928881346.jpg (195KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1485928881346.jpg
195KB, 600x600px
Thor trailer 35m views
last jedi trailer 32m views
JUSTice League 26m views
>>
Expect more memes than 2009 reddit
>>
The dark world was boring as fuck. I'm cautiously optimistic
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.