[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/0 5/01/mindless-speculatio

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8

File: CBR Bendis F4.jpg (184KB, 1865x713px) Image search: [Google]
CBR Bendis F4.jpg
184KB, 1865x713px
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/05/01/mindless-speculation-brian-bendis-going-write-new-fantastic-four-comic/

Mindless Speculation – Is Brian Bendis Going To Write A New Fantastic Four Comic?
Posted by Rich Johnston May 1, 2017

Brian Bendis has written extensive runs on Spider-Man, X-Men, Avengers, Iron Man, Daredevil and more – but The Fantastic Four are missing. As it stands, there is a blanket ban on Fantastic Four comic books at Marvel, but the characters can be used in other books.
>>
>>92008656
So Guardians Of The Galaxy has The Thing when Brian was writing it. And he brought him back to Earth,
>>
>>92008677
He’s now on Iron Man, that comic now has The Thing – and an Ultimate Mister Fantastic to boot. And lost of Doom nostalgia for the Fantastic Four.
>>
File: Image-25-600x471.jpg (81KB, 600x471px) Image search: [Google]
Image-25-600x471.jpg
81KB, 600x471px
>>92008703
Jessica Jones has people commenting, asking why no one asks where the Fantastic Four are.
>>
File: hbdqz6p6wqcascj4mh9s-600x398.jpg (52KB, 600x398px) Image search: [Google]
hbdqz6p6wqcascj4mh9s-600x398.jpg
52KB, 600x398px
>>92008724
Brian Bendis has not written an ongoing Fantastic Four since a brief stint scripting Mark Millar plots on Ultimate Fantastic Four.

It feels as if he has an itch to scratch and is using his comics to scratch around the edges.

We have seen how the ban on X-Men licensing has begun to lift and Marvel are happier to promote the X-books again.

The Fantastic Four ban, as reported to me, was always meant to be temporary, a symbolic act by Marvel towards Fox regarding the Fantastic Four and X-Men rights. But there have been steps of late. The X-Men situation is almost back to where it was before Ike Perlmutter strode through the Marvel offices making demands and Marvel employees some of which who had never spoken to me before – and haven’t since – got in touch regarding what they saw as a great injustice.

If the Fantastic Four do return – and frankly, wouldn’t Marvel Legacy/Make Mine Marvel be a perfect opportunity to do so – has Brian Bendis prepared for the moment in his other comics? Keeping the flame alive?

Marvel says they have a plan for bringing the Fantastic Four back. If and when they are allowed to,m they will want to do it with a bang. What’s the betting that will be with Brian Michael Bendis?

But this is just mindless speculation. Works out sometimes though.
>>
People were guessing this a long time ago when people noticed Thing was jewish and Bendis has yet to write a 4-5 year run of F4.
>>
File: Bendis.jpg (123KB, 431x427px) Image search: [Google]
Bendis.jpg
123KB, 431x427px
>>92008656
>Bendis on Fantastic Four
It'd be the perfect way to kill Legacy before it even starts, so sure.
>>
Why does Marvel keep pushing Bendis? A FF book written by Bendis is dead on arrival.
>>
>>92008656
I don't think so. He has 5 titles now.
>>
>>92008942
Yeah, but that's also why the CBR screencap is there, that poll was done back in January and it was a reaction to someone on /co/ saying it.
>>
>>92009104
He'll be off Iron Man after Legacy, I'm guessing
>>
>>92009105
And the BleedingCuck article is just Rich doing his usual "I saw a threat on /co/, time to copy it and pass it off as my own original ideas." that he's been doing for the past decade.
>>
>>92009309
So you think they'll cancel Riri? Doom probably not sure about Riri
>>
>>92008656
>Mindless Speculation – Is Brian Bendis Going To Write A New Fantastic Four Comic?

Oh, Goddammit.
>>
>>92008656
>Mindless Speculation
Stopped reading right here
>>
It does the one thing that Marvel would love for a F4 book - guarantees it to be terrible.
>>
>>92009532
She'll probably stick around.
>>
>>92008656
>FF back
>but by Bendis
not like this, take it back and try again
>>
>Marvel promises Legacy will break the internet
>Bendis on F4
Reed and Sue divorced. Screencap this
>>
I shouldn't be surprised that the responses in the Bleeding Cool article were overwhelmingly negative toward the idea of Bendis on FF but it's still surprising to see people on CBR so negative about it since it's usually Marvel-biased.
>>
>>92008656
being left in limbo is a better fate than being written by bendis
>>
>>92008656
Thing, Human torch ,Ultimate Reed, Dr.Doom.

Nice.
>>
File: Thing vs Scarlet Witch & Thor.jpg (648KB, 1200x1400px) Image search: [Google]
Thing vs Scarlet Witch & Thor.jpg
648KB, 1200x1400px
> Issue 1: Someone is killing the FF's friends and blowing up their headquarters
> Issue 3: Is it Sue?
> Issue 4: No, it's Sue _and_ Scarlet Witch. John Byrne is God!
>>
>>92008656
Terrible.
>>
File: Teen Jean.jpg (99KB, 440x344px) Image search: [Google]
Teen Jean.jpg
99KB, 440x344px
>>92008656

>Johnny...
>>
>>92008656
He's already writing an ongoing whose three main characters are Ben, Reed and Doom. It's hardly much of a leap in logic to think that he'd spring board this into an F4 book.
>>
>>92009083
Because Bendis is friends with Quesada.
>>
Let it Ewing instead
>>
>>92009083
Because he's one of the few marvel writers to sell
>>
>>92012148
No way in hell, Ewing is sales poison.
>>
Why didn't Spider-Man just start the FF again? He had the Baxter Building and was still close with Johnny. All they needed was to get Ben on board and get a fourth member.
>>
>>92012232
still Ewing is a better writer then bendis
>>
>>92008656
bendis in F4 is a 4chan rumor? I never hear of it in /co/...there has been rumors in other boards?
>>
>>92008656
Yes please, I want more shitposting material
>>
>>92009532
>>92009621
They'll put her in the Future Foundation
>>
>>92012023
Because Bendis blows Quesada i fixed that for you
>>
>>92012251
Because Slott is the Bendis of Spider-man and incapable of cool ass fun ideas
>>
>>92012284
Doesn't matter. Marvel is a business first and foremost, so they'll go with their true and tried rather than Mr. Can't-Sell-For-Shit.
>>
>>92012232
>Ewing is sales poison
Only Ewing?
>>
>>92012284
>>92012427
Ewings job is to make all of Bendis's dumb continuity work essentially he writes cool shit that also edits an fixes all the mistakes Bendis makes
>>
So You guys think Franklin and Valeria will be teens when they come back
>>
>>92012484
I agree.
>>
>>92012470
What are you implying?
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.