[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hello /co/, I'm new here and i want ask if you all can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3

File: UNIVERSO-DC-VS.-MARVEL-1.jpg (45KB, 500x206px) Image search: [Google]
UNIVERSO-DC-VS.-MARVEL-1.jpg
45KB, 500x206px
hello /co/,
I'm new here and i want ask if you all can say me for where is better re-start to read comic, Marvel or DC, i stopped of read comic for 10 years and now i want re-start.
I'm fan of both and i thinked on start for Marvel comic but Marvel now is a chaos and i read so many bad critics that i don't where start.

so please, say me about a good comic and what comics i must avoid.
>>
>>92006431
Read anything post rebirth or nu 52. Frget about dc you.

For marvel just wait until legacy undoes everything they're doing now.
>>
>>92006503
thank you
>>
>>92006431
avoid anything DC

it's usually shit and will just be rebooted a couple months later

>that pic
shows you just how pathetic DC really is
>>
>>92006431
Marvel is unbearable now.

For DC read DC Universe Rebirth #1. Then just pick whatever your favorite character is and start from there. I'd personally avoid reading Superwoman though because it's flat out garbage. The other Superman books are mostly alright though. Most current DC comics aren't that bad.
>>
>>92006569
this poster is possibly trolling

ignore them
>>
>>92006431
go away
>>
>>92006654
ok
>>
>>92006503
>Frget about dc you.
Why though? There was a handful of great books.
>>
>>92006670
why?
>>
Don't read Marvel and don't read DC. Or, at least, only read them in small amounts. Spend most of your time reading other comics instead.

They still have the same problems that they had 10 years ago, and diving back in will only burn you out and make you drop comics again.
>>
>>92006431
DC.
>>
>>92006737
Lol handful.

Terrible out of the box shit. Really bad trying to be nu-image lite. Clark outed by lois.

Yeah. Whatever, the loose canon thing didn't work out either.
>>
>>92006785
really, but 10 years passed.
>>
>>92006933
We just had civil war ii
>>
>>92006933
In the past 10 years, Marvel and DC have only gotten worse, while the non-DC/non-Marvel scene has improved in variety, availability and quality.
>>
File: image.jpg (89KB, 554x767px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89KB, 554x767px
>>92006431
Just read out of continuity stuff like Marvels, zombies, All star Supermanbor Sandman. Dont know why folks still care about this old BS of a shared universe
>>
>>92006985
Image is garbage wank.
>>
>>92006503
Ignore this guy. Rebirth is a sea of mediocrity. Dcyou had a handful of great cape comics. Marvel isnt getting any better with the legacy numbering. They'll just shuffle their old creators around and then start an event two months in.
>>
>>92006933
10 years ago, the best Marvel books were the cosmic titles, Ennis' Punisher, and not much else.
As for DC... hard to say, as I'm too much of a DCfag to be objective.

>>92007266
>Rebirth is a sea of mediocrity.
Ignore this guy.
>>
>>92007140
zombies, really? marvel is now the walking dead.
>>
>>92007266
No fuck you.
>>
>>92007231
It's a good thing that comics are an entire medium and not just limited to only 3 publishers.
>>
>>92006431
Fuck the Big Two. Valiant if you want good capes, Dark Horse if you want good indies.
>>
>>92007333
>>92007302

Yeah crappy ones. Nu-Valiant is crap.
>>
Former marvelfag here, don't read marvel.
Go for Superman, Action Comics, Aquaman and supersons
>>
>>92007019
Marvel has all that political pandering, neverending event syndrome and forced movie synergy. DC has been Jim Lee-ified out the wazoo, they ran out of ideas again so they're retreating back to Moore once more, they shot Vertigo in the back and threw it in a shallow grave, and after 6 years they STILL can't figure out what's canon and what's not.

They really have spent the last 10 years embarrassing themselves and embarrassing anyone like you who refuses to see how they treat you like a sucker.
>>
>>92006985
Image is fucking garbage, Dark Horse is in a death-spiral, IDW used to be excellent but is now trying to be a combination of Marvel and Image and it's ruining them, and most of the rest of the indies are flat out unbearable.
>>
i think that i going to read manga.
>>
>>92006431
Don't touch Marvel. Legacy isn't going to do a thing, except put a fresh coat of paint on a pile of shit.
DC's Rebirth has been pretty good so far. Even Lobdell has managed to put out a good book.
>>
>>92007386
>and after 6 years they STILL can't figure out what's canon and what's not.
Marvel's had that issue for a long time since Bendis is the word of god over there.
>>
>>92007285
The Marvel Zombies minis were mega popular from 2005 to 2011 more or less, but since Disney bought them they dont make them
>>
>>92007366
Filtered.
>>
>>92007425
>Dark Horse is in a death-spiral
I'm not sure that I understand what you're saying here. Even though the books are good, you refuse to read/recommend them because they sell poorly? You're the worst kind of "comic" "fan".
>>
File: 0cea0737-0371-41ed-ba13-d3c20c.jpg (56KB, 660x825px) Image search: [Google]
0cea0737-0371-41ed-ba13-d3c20c.jpg
56KB, 660x825px
>>92007386
Here, have another one.
>>
Just read Avatar Press and ignore the rest. No fan service, no nostalgia wankery, no SJWs. It's the only publisher you need.
>>
>>92007451
Then ask /a/ for recommendations.
>>
>>92007425
Nice bait
>>
Comics have been shit for long now. Just discuss superhero movies in this place.
>>
>>92007451
Berserk!

>>92007587
LOL no
>>
>>92006431
every publisher has good and bad comics but Marvel has a LOT of bad comics right now
also Marvel comics cost more money
>>
>>92007656
>distrusting /a/
For shame!
>>
>>92007656
thank you
>>
>>92006431
Indie Comics:
Saga
Sex Criminals
Scalped

DC:
Green Arrow Year One
Greeen Arrow New 52 Outsiders War
Batman Court of Owls
Rebirth

Marvel:
Uncanny X-Force (Remender)
Uncanny Avengers (Remender)
Wolverine and the X-Men (Aaron)
Avengers/New Avengers (Hickman)
Fantastic Four/FF (Hickman)
FF (Fraction)
Hawkeye (Fraction)
Thor: God of Thunder (Aaron *God Butcher)
Infinity (Hickman)
Avengers vs. X-Men
Cable and Deadpool
House of M
X-Men Messiah Complex
X-Men/Cable Messiah War
X-Men Second Coming
X-Men Schism
New X-Men (Whedon)
X-Men Legacy (2012-2014 Legion Run)
X-Men Battle of the Atom
All New X-Men
Old Man Logan
>>
>>92006912
You're almost as bad as Boco, you know that?
>>
>>92007837
I forgot to add...

Currently for Marvel Secret Empire is starting up with the premise of Captain America being an Agent of Hydra. Nick Spencer is doing a great job with that title and this event looks great.

Hickman's Avengers/New Avengers run I mentioned above goes into Secret War which I personally didn't care much for.

If you're a Spidey fan, Superior Spiderman was a great run and you might want to check out Bendis' Ultimate Spiderman with Miles Morales.

Enjoy.
>>
BOOM Studios
Big Trouble in Little China
Valen the Outcast

DARK HORSE
Black Beetle
Captain Midnight
The Mignolaverse
The Star wars comics

DEVIL'S DUE
Hack/Slash

DYNAMITE
Battlestar Galactica by Pak, DnA
Codename: Action
Magnus, Robot Fighter
Pathfinder, Pathfinder Special, City of Secrets
Peter Cannon: Thunderbolt
Warlord of Mars

IDW
Battle Beasts
Dungeons and Dragons (2010)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Transformers

Chew
Criminal
Fade Out

MONKEYBRAIN
Bandette
Edison Rex

ONI PRESS
The Sixth Gun
Wasteland

THRILLBENT
Insufferable
Empire
>>
>>92007926
One more thing...

Technically it's a Marvel title, but the Vader comic is awesome.

If you're a Star Wars fan I also recommend Star Wars Legacy through Dark Horse and Star Wars Ghost Prison.
>>
>>92007451
This is the first smart thing said in the thread.

Manga is just way better than comics currently.
>>
>>92007587
>>92007813
>>92007668
/a/ doesn't allow asking for recommendations

/co/ actually has better taste in manga anyway
>>
>>92008006
Shit, more keep coming to mind...

Y: The Last Man
The Wicked and The Divine
Blakets
I Kill Giants
*Daytripper
The Underwater Welder
Chew
Fables
All-Star Superman
Superman Red Son
Sandman
Lucifer
The Immortal Iron Fist

I'm just going to stop now. There's plenty of titles listed in my posts and this thread with a ton of variety for you. Enjoy.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.