[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was even the point of bringing him back if he was just going

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 10

File: New52RebirthWally.jpg (205KB, 1200x1855px) Image search: [Google]
New52RebirthWally.jpg
205KB, 1200x1855px
What was even the point of bringing him back if he was just going to get shoved into a garbage c-team level book of no consequence? Why revolve DCU Rebirth around a character who the company doesn't even care about considering they just go right back to only wanting to use Barry?
>>
>>92003160
Why are Wallyfags so fucking obnoxious?
>>
>>92003178
Years of persecution, a relatively large fanbase, and a sudden blast of being proven right. The perfect storm for making a whiny, entitled fanbase.
>>
>>92003203
also see xfags and spideymarriage fags
>>
>>92003804
Halfags, too.
>>
>Titans
>C-team

Yeah alright, retard.
>>
It's not the book, it's the artist. But it looks like we're stuck with him. There's your money's paw.
>>
>>92003160
Maybe you should learn to see Titans as a bigger book instead of reliving the exact same faggotry that happened when Kyle was headlining Green Lantern Corps but childish assholes couldn't stop whining "Why doesn't Kyle have his own book? Why does DC only push Hal? WAAHHHHH"
>>
>>92003178
Is just a pair wallyfags, always the same.
I know because I am a wallyfag too, and there must be like 3 in this board.
>>
File: hombre mejor.jpg (32KB, 289x322px) Image search: [Google]
hombre mejor.jpg
32KB, 289x322px
>>92003160
What was even the point of making this thread if you were just going to whine about a topic that has been covered a thousand times over? Why revolve all of your fandom around a character who the company will never push the way you want them to considering you want Wally West to be in as many books as Batman?
>>
>>92004539
> Comparing Titans to GLC

At least GLC and GL are under same editorial office, Titans and Flash are completely dfferent from each other.
>>
>>92004138
Really though, are they trolling?
>>
>>92003178
>>92003203
>>92003804
>>92003902
>REEEE MUH FANDOMS
>>
>>92004138
Justice League, JLA, Teen Titans, and Suicide Squad are all bigger team books. When JSA comes back they'll be considered bigger, too.

C-list is being fucking generous.
>>
>>92004539
In what universe is Titans a bigger book? It's irrelevant to basically everything and gets no advertisement.
>>
>>92006051
Nigga I don't know what you count as advertisement in fucking comic books, it's not like this shit is getting TV commercials and billboards, but like every issue gets articles on all those shitty news sites you faggots like to read like Bleeding Cool and CBR about Wally x Linda or "When's Manhattan gonna show up?"
>>
>>92003160
>book of no consequence

I'm sorry to say this, but...

Read better comics, faggot, because this describes all of capeshit.
>>
>>92006018
Titans is currently better than JL, JLA and Suicide Squad though. It has at least that going for it.
>>
File: same.jpg (273KB, 1457x478px) Image search: [Google]
same.jpg
273KB, 1457x478px
>>92007868
>all of those are mediocre to terrible
>TT is terrible as usual
>BOP is less mediocre and terrible than all of those
>RHATO is somehow the best team book

Am I in bizarro world?
>>
At least Titans is a mile ahead of Flash Rebirth
>>
>>92003178
Barry casual please. Sally and Martian manhunter have both been main JL members for years and having DC try to forget about them by replacing them with niggers is unacceptable
>>
>>92008283
Scott Lobdell isn't usually mentioned in the same sentence as the word "best"
>>
>>92008359
Wally fans are racists.
>>
>>92009261
But I am black. Bally is a nigger
>>
>>92008359
>Sally

Your autistic fanboy rage has transformed into a progressive movement.

Make Ginger Wally West a woman.
>>
>>92009990
Nope. Time for impulse and kon el to become wimmen.
>>
>>92009189
But it's true that is a good team book: has a 90's feel on it, and it's quite fun so far. And he's doing well now, to be honest.
>>
>>92009261
I want this meme to stop.
>>
OP is the anti-Wallyfag trying to act like anyone is upset about Titans besides the presence of Booth
>>
Just wait OP, Barry will die again
>>
>>92007510
I read the first 6 issues of the Lee/Ditko Spider-Man last night, anon, and they weren't shit at all.
What demi-comics do you suggest?
>>
Wally really should get a solo but titans is good m8.
>>
>>92003178
Are you saying people shouldn't be mad for what happened to him and Waid?
>>
Titans is arguably the most talked about team book at DC currently, so how is it a C team?
>>
>>92003160
WHY IS HE NOT BLACK !!!!???????
>>
>>92003160

You know what tosser? If your lot actually bought books other than Flash, DC might give a shit about what you have to say.
>>
>>92017732
>The Flash
The Flash Rebirth is so mediocre it's amazing yet it outsells so many better ones because The Flash has pretty much Replaced Superman's for a lot of casuals.
>>
>>92010001
He can go ask Guy Gardner about being a gender swapped ginger.

Then Dick and Wally can finally have a baby like they always wanted.
>>
>>92007474
DC does in comic and comic store promotion, dude. You can tell how important a book is to their line by how much they advertise it. They advertise the fuck out of Batman, JL, and Young Animal, for instance. Titans gets less advertisement than Super Sons, Teen Titans, and Suicide Squad. Because they get no advertisement.

Look in the back pages of your Batman books to see who DC wants to succeed.
>>
>>92018936

The Flash's book has been terrible for like 5 years during which time a very popular tv show came out. Mediocre is all people really wanted.
>>
>>92015232
Titans doesn't have enough readers to be the most talked about team book.
>>
>>92019548
Barry is just being ruined more and more both in TV and in comics. I wish they never brought him back. They could have let him die as a silly silver age hero with a heart of gold. Now he is a fuck up at every corner and he keeps the Flash as a series down by not letting a new one take the mantle.
>>
>>92019523
Strange enough Titans is constantly selling far more than anyone would expect.
>>
>>92019523
>>92019658
Titans will start really selling well once the live action TV show starts.
Can't wait for them to take Wally off the comic once that happens so casuals don't get confused as to why Wally is white.
>>
>>92019658
Yeah but it's declining steadily. About 3k a month. It'll probably be sub 40k at the one year mark because nothing of import is happening.
>>
>>92019717

That's like twice what Ms. Marvel sells!
>>
>>92019717
Literally everything is declining steadily
>>
>>92019875
Yeah but certain comics like solo books tend to hit a floor. Titans' floor in the past has been cancellation/relaunch.

>>92019823
If only Wally West was a cute muslim girl.
>>
>>92019523
I've seen plenty of Titans ads in other comics.
>>
>>92019946
The only Titans comic I've seen get an ad in another book was Titans #7 with the Superman cameo. It was part of their big blurb ad where most of the ad space was to Batman, Superman, and Teen Titans iirc.
>>
>>92019916

My problem with Wally fans is they are not really comic book fans, they are just Wally fans.

It's like the sports fan that doesn't watch the sports, they only watch their team.

Wally fans didn't buy books like JLA or any of the major crossover storylines.

That's why Wally got taken off the Flash originally.
>>
>>92020072
Most Wally fans are Wally fans purely because they read Wally comics.

Barry's fanbase is far more constituted of people who only watch the show, for instance.

They did away with Wally for the same reason they did away with lots of shit during Infinite Crisis. Might as well say Superman wasn't popular enough given how hard they rebooted him.
>>
>>92019875
entropy wins. entropy always wins
>>
File: hmm.jpg (58KB, 564x860px) Image search: [Google]
hmm.jpg
58KB, 564x860px
>>92010001
Book it
>>
File: hmmm.jpg (40KB, 380x750px) Image search: [Google]
hmmm.jpg
40KB, 380x750px
>>92020274
>>
File: IrisWestKF.jpg (67KB, 568x600px) Image search: [Google]
IrisWestKF.jpg
67KB, 568x600px
>>92020301
According to Waid Wally's daughter might as well just be a genderswapped version of him.
>>
>>92020404
Superior version of Wally as well.
>>
>>92020433
I like the suit. I mean the jacket and gloves are a bit 90s but the shoes are neat and the Jay Garrick style lightning bolt on the Kid Flash suit is great.
>>
>>92020072
How can someone be a Wally fan if they don't read comics anon? Most Wally fans are hardcore DC fans.
>>
>>92020589
>Most Wally fans are hardcore DC fans.

Yeah that's Fucking Fake News. Bullshit phone company.
>>
>>92020647
What?
>>
>>92020404
The only thing I don't like about this is you really can't tell she's half korean. I guess when Waid wrote Kingdom Come and had her designed he might not have known if it was going to be Linda in the endgame but still.
>>
>>92020647
How would you know about the most obscure of the 3 major flashes if you didn't read the comics?
>>
>>92021586

Wait who are you saying is the most obscure Flash? Clarify.
>>
>>92021810
Fewer people know about Wally as The Flash than they do Barry and Jay purely because of the show and Young Justice.

Most people just think Wally's Kid Flash.
>>
File: 2016-12-28 13.31.45.jpg (39KB, 177x271px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-28 13.31.45.jpg
39KB, 177x271px
ITT Haters gunna Hate

>>92020072
>>92020647
Dude you are so wrong. I can't even believe it. Do you know how long Wally was the primary Flash. His story and character progression happened for a long time after Barry's death and around his resurrection. If a person is a wally fan from watching the show they are in the minority of the fan group. Wally was the first flash to start using his powers much more interestingly, although credit was always given to his mentor, wally was the first we had seen any speedster pull those feets...
And wally got taken off as primary Flash because he wasn't Barry, and people didn't want to move on to the legacies. Geoff brought barry and hal back destroying the idea and importance behind having a legacied character. When new 52 came around people weren't going not muh tv wally they were saying not MUH wally, because he was a key pin to earlier stories.
>>92006051
As for relevance, bro these are the legacies, they are nothng but relevance. And I don't know how you don't see Titans as a big thing.. it's heavy in canon, and the new Watchmen mystery. It'll be one of the first to reveal cool stuff about wtf is going on.. Ontop of which, wally and Nightwing are characters any one who is a heavy reader should keep an eye out for and they're both in this one line together. I mean... cmon man.. don't let hate cloud the facts.
>>92020232
This is accurate
>>
File: Back Off these Dank Words.jpg (16KB, 107x158px) Image search: [Google]
Back Off these Dank Words.jpg
16KB, 107x158px
>>92019523
From what I've seen titans has had a crazy amount of advertisements within comic and externally.
My LCS for example is selling wally shirts and has a titans rebirth poster. However id also like to mention that I've been to many stores, and i mean many, that don't pay for posters or ads promoting the single issues outside of the advertisements contained in the comics. The store clerk at my LCS even told me that his store isn't selling many supersons, but titans has been going quicky. And in a few of the dc comics I've gotten in the last week had titans inserts in them. One of them being Batman, soo, I feel like your conclusions are heavily anecdotal.

>>92019717
Pretty sure it'll still be doing better than most of the lines... Ontop of which it only needs to get past 1 and a half years for things to bounce up since rebirth is a 2 year plan.
>>
>>92022502
>As for relevance, bro these are the legacies, they are nothng but relevance. And I don't know how you don't see Titans as a big thing.. it's heavy in canon, and the new Watchmen mystery. It'll be one of the first to reveal cool stuff about wtf is going on.. Ontop of which, wally and Nightwing are characters any one who is a heavy reader should keep an eye out for and they're both in this one line together. I mean... cmon man.. don't let hate cloud the facts.

Titans will play absolutely no role in the Watchmen mystery. It will be Superman and Batman confronting him, as per usual.

Being a legacy doesn't make you important. Only one of those characters even have their own book. They're all incredibly irrelevant.
>>
>>92022529
>From what I've seen titans has had a crazy amount of advertisements within comic and externally.
>My LCS for example is selling wally shirts and has a titans rebirth poster. However id also like to mention that I've been to many stores, and i mean many, that don't pay for posters or ads promoting the single issues outside of the advertisements contained in the comics. The store clerk at my LCS even told me that his store isn't selling many supersons, but titans has been going quicky. And in a few of the dc comics I've gotten in the last week had titans inserts in them. One of them being Batman, soo, I feel like your conclusions are heavily anecdotal.

Dude, basically every Rebirth thing gets storytimed here. And anons post the whole thing, end of issue ads included. The Titans are almost never included.

Most comic store merch is generic Bat and Superman stuff. Your anecdotal evidence is defeated by public sales data.

>Pretty sure it'll still be doing better than most of the lines... Ontop of which it only needs to get past 1 and a half years for things to bounce up since rebirth is a 2 year plan.

The point isn't about "maybe the book will survive." If that's your qualification for success then it's exactly a c-list book.
>>
>>92022502
>Wally was the first flash to start using his powers much more interestingly, although credit was always given to his mentor, wally was the first we had seen any speedster pull those feets...

Classic power level faggotry.

If the only reason you like Wally is because he's SO OP LUL then go masturbate to Barry "creating the Speed Force" for all it matters.
>>
Nobody knows how to write him while Barry is alive
>>
>>92019523
>Titans gets less advertisement
It's definitely get less, but it doesn't means that it got none.

DC don't care much about it, but they did advertise it better than some of their monthlies and literally the reason why this book is doing better than expected was because of "HEY, YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT REBIRTH? READ TITANS!".
>>
>>92024073
Like I said outside of the opening day where every book got some ads, I've only seen Titans #7 get any adspace at all. And that was obviously because Superman was in it.
>>
>>92021888
I read like a dozen books, and some trades I get fro the library (european stuff). I don't watch cartoons because I don't really conect with their often simplistic tone (I like some: BTAS, Beyond, UTRH were some I liked. I tried more but ended dropping them in the first episode itself).

I like Wally and I only know him because I read comics.
>>
>>92024591
Anon, they literally advertised the book in the last issue of n52 JL and Johns Rebirth one shot. It's started in June alongside the A list books, they advertised the second arc when it's started and it's currently involved in a crossover this month which is also has been advertised.

"Titans has no advertisement" is such a dumb meme because it's not by any means part of the books that DC is doing a bad job in advertising them.
>>
File: No Hope in Evidence.jpg (356KB, 1036x505px) Image search: [Google]
No Hope in Evidence.jpg
356KB, 1036x505px
>>92022933
Ehh, im sure you're just mad, and won't accept any answer as true other than you're own. I don't understand how you don't see that the titans is going to be one of the first lines to make contact. It's been heavily implied. Although if it's all a tease like you're assuming, I would be disappointed since all the signs are saying otherwise.
>>92022953
I didn't say loaded with ads but cmon, If you say they don't have merch and ads that's wrong.
Also my point wasn't that it needs to survive, which it will, it was that if it's sales are going down due to disinterest and non activity, it won't be long for the inevitable revealing which will be playing a role in titans.
I also don't really see how my evidence was anecdotal, when it was evidence and not a claim... I was just showing factors of how it was wrong to say never or little to no advertising since I know it exists. It obviously isn't going to be as promoted as much as their main money makers, but it is being promoted.
>>92023014
First off, I'm not a wally fag, and it's not about power levels. I was trying to illustrate my point that most wally fans knew of him as the flash from the comic lines where he took the og barry costume. Again I say most so you don't flip out and say wally fans come from the shows.. I'm sure some do, but definetely not most.

Haters gunna hate, aint nothing I can do
>>
File: 2017-01-25 02.35.29.png (835KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-25 02.35.29.png
835KB, 1024x768px
>>92023014
>Talks about how the comics went,
>Powerlevel Fag,
For example, Wally as the flash was the first shown to use the IMP, although he says he spoke about it with barry and learned it from him, we hadn't seen barry do it before then, along with alot of little things Wally said barry taught him, yet we still saw wally do it first.
So a lot of wally fans knew him from his crazy shit doing in the comics. Not comparing power levels or anything just saying how shit went.
read the comics before getting mad please
>>
>>92026480

You still sound like a powerlevel fag.
>>
>>92026759
Heh. Okay man, I guess I am talking about powers. Just have a good day not getting the point I was trying to make. It's cool with me, idk y I try.
>>
>>92026759
>not muh opinion
>>
>>92023014
Wally is actually a good character. Barry is a silly one dimensional silver age character.
>>
>>92023014
Powerkeveling and having cool powers are completely different child.
>>
>>92026334
>Ehh, im sure you're just mad, and won't accept any answer as true other than you're own. I don't understand how you don't see that the titans is going to be one of the first lines to make contact. It's been heavily implied. Although if it's all a tease like you're assuming, I would be disappointed since all the signs are saying otherwise.

Probably because Titans is not involved in any of the events that they're saying are part of the Rebirth story.

Oh man, another Deathstroke rehash is the Titan's big event. Color me surprised.
>>
>>92026480
Right, the point is you don't care about the characters or stories, just who does the more powerful thing. Which is what a powerlevel fag is and they're the most pathetic of the comic nerds. Autism incarnate.
>>
>>92027850
Thinking Wally's a good character because you can name a bunch of irrelevant powers is the childish perspective you doof. You're like the kid in the park who makes up a new power to always win because having the most cool powers is the most important thing.
>>
>>92028008
You really are an idiot. Having cool powers is one of the most important thing in a comic book. Wally being a good character is also why people love him.
>Wally is a good character and has cool powers
>YOU ONLY LIKE HIM BECAUSE OF POWER LEVEL SHIT!
>>
>>92027993
Wally has better stories, is a better character and has cooler powers.
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.