[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How SHOULD have Aang beaten Ozai or stopped him from ever becoming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 9

File: Energybending.png (101KB, 333x250px) Image search: [Google]
Energybending.png
101KB, 333x250px
How SHOULD have Aang beaten Ozai or stopped him from ever becoming a threat again?
>>
>>91999505
He should have killed him.

/co
>>
>>91999505
Drop the comet on him?
That would have worked for me.
>>
>>91999505
Since Ursa was forced to marry Ozai against her will, does that make Ozai and Azula rape babies?
>>
>>91999536
yes if you consider like 80% of all modern humans to be considered rape babies
>>
File: c86.jpg (68KB, 526x300px) Image search: [Google]
c86.jpg
68KB, 526x300px
>>91999527
>Drop the comet on him?
Like, how, dude?
>>
The ending they had would've been perfectly fine if it hadn't come from 5 seconds of lion turtle exposition right before it.
>>
>>91999547
No, it wouldn't, the light show was retarded regardless of foreshadowing.
>>
>>91999505

The usual is that Aang wimps out and Ozai tries to kill Aang and ends up killing himself somehow.
>>
File: Commissioner_Gordon.png (394KB, 543x480px) Image search: [Google]
Commissioner_Gordon.png
394KB, 543x480px
>>91999505
bang, zoom, straight in the pooper
>>
>>91999505
The issues with the final fight predate it by like an entire season.
The energybending is not the issue imo, the issue is the buildup that this resolution doesn't pay off.
>>
>>91999505
By sealing his bending like he did through totally legit and foreshadowed methods
>>
>>91999505
Break his arms, cant bend if your arms are immobile.
>>
>>91999547
The monk teaches him about Chakra lasted more than 5 seconds anon.
>>
File: ming-hua.png (447KB, 1340x722px) Image search: [Google]
ming-hua.png
447KB, 1340x722px
>>91999628
>>
>>91999505
Man up and kill him
>>
>>91999522
>>91999527
>>91999721
Here's the problem with that ending. Ozai said that the Air Nomads were too weak to 'live in his new world', it wasn't just a matter of beating Ozai, by beating him while staying within the ideas of his people Aang disproved Ozai's statement, maintaining every one of the beliefs which he claimed made them weak Aang still took a stand and said 'the air nomads culture will not be ended so easily'. If Aang had betrayed what the monks taught him, Ozai would have been vindicated, since Aang would have decided that the monks' ideals couldn't survive in Ozai's world and that he'd made breaking them necessary.
>>
>>91999505
Humiliate him by defeating him badly and publicly. Cause his soldiers to question his authority and remind the world that the avatar is a literal God on earth.
After that just throw him in a dungeon and crown Zuco in a public ceremony to show the fire people that they should follow him.
>>
File: 2358.jpg (526KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2358.jpg
526KB, 1920x1080px
>>92000045
Thank you for articulating that.
That's the deeper meaning behind Aang saying "I'm not going to end it like this" as well. He's not only referring to their specific fight, but the conclusion of the war in general. To truly end a hundred years of violence and aggression, one must prove that another path is possible. People have to remember that Aang is a character out of time. His showdown with Ozai represents a conflict between ideals that pre-exist the war and Ozai, who embodies the violence and cruelty that has accumulated over 100 years.

If I were to change something, I'd make it so Aang would have to willingly sacrifice something to do it his way.
>>
>>91999505
Let him dies of old age
>>
>>92000045

Well said.
>>
>>92000160
>If I were to change something, I'd make it so Aang would have to willingly sacrifice something to do it his way.
Im not going to say a writer must follow the "rules of writing" but sacrifices are generally made in story climaxes to give some satisfying weight to important choices. Aang's choice definitely lacks any sort of sacrifice, which gives off a lackluster conclusion for many like you (same with Aang rejecting the Guru's advice and being okay)
>>
>>91999543
a combination of ice and rock bending while in the avatar state to heighten his bending capabilities?
>>
>>91999505
he should have used water bending instead to remove his powers, its safer lol
>>
>>92000045
>>92000160
>>92000756
>>92000808
You're missing the point. Sometimes the very idea is to go against the grain in terms of "staying true to your ideals". To mature to the point that you realize some things are more important than what you once held dear, no matter what that may have been or how precious it may have been to you.
Just some food for thought.
>>
>>92000045
>"if you kill your enemies, they win"
>>
>>92001116
I didn't know world leaders visited /co/.
>>
>>92001124
The only place he's lead Canada is into Hell, 4chan just happened to be one the way.
>>
>>92001116
In some scenarios, yes.

Generally when people are mocking that trope it's done because the hero has killed his way through endless nameless henchmen immediately beforehand and then stops before the guy who is the actual problem. They're not mocking that trope on a fundamental level.
>>
>>92001154
Harper was much worse tho, and I'm no fucking "liberal"
>>
>>92001116
Hitler killed the jews and look at what happened to that racist cuck
>>
>>92000998
Aang abandoning his culture to take another's fate into his own hands and decide to murder that someone wouldn't have been a very uplifting ending to a series that's about a world rediscovering hope and coming out of a dark era of death and oppression. It just wouldn't have been an appropriate end, despite how Aang was considered unreasonable and selfish by other characters.

I don't understand why people think that energybending came out of left field to rob them of a mature and poignant ending where Aang kills a guy unnecessarily. And it would have been unnecessary, because it's been shown that it's entirely possible to imprison powerful benders. All energybending was was the conclusion of the show's bits on how bending comes from the energy inside you and how the Avatar is deeply entrenched in spirituality. It was just poorly foreshadowed.
>>
>>92001261
He can't direct an army and killed himself? What a faggot.
>>
>>92001116
Ozai wouldn't have won, since he would be dead.

He just would have been right, is all.
>>
>>92000998

It's not missing the point, but acknowledging that sacrificing his culture and beliefs isn't the only answer and in this case, would have left the world a far poorer place without an example of a nation that can live in harmony with others. A perfect example was Korra sacrificing the avatar state and centuries of wisdom and power to break the cycle and beat the dark avatar. Would you argue that was a wise choice in light of the events that followed?

You have to think beyond what sounds like the noble heroic choice and think of the long term effects your choice will have on the world you're trying to save.
>>
>>92001353
Please don't use the season 2 finale of Korra as an example of good writing
>>
>>92001322

And 'being right' would have encouraged the fire nation to martyr him and keep going even years later. You can't defeat an ideology like that just with murder, you have to pull out the roots and salt the soil it grows in.
>>
>>92001413
>pull out roots and soil.
so nuclear is the only way? because leaving everyone that thinks that way alive and in their own countries to just recuperate and plain more invasions is not pulling out the roots and salting the soil.
>>
>>92001353
Did Korra make the decision to do that or did it happen because she's an idiot? I honestly don't remember. I repressed most of the show.
>>
>>92001372

I wasnt. I'm saying that it's an example of why making a massive sacrifice to kill a bad guy isn't always the best choice in the long run.
>>
>>92001450
You would have to kill every human on Earth in order to disprove an ideology with violence. While yes, it would have been better to have a better buildup to the conclusion, Aang's reasoning for not killing is sound in that the best way to disprove a thought process is through peace and logic rather than violence
>>
>>92000122
Thats what korrA did to zaheer and kuvira. She made them realize that the avatar cannot be stopped.
>>
>>92001172
Like Batman in The Dark Knight right?
>>
>>91999505
phantom zone
>>
>>92001596
But it's okay to punch nazis.
>>
With a gun.
>>
File: TakeTheBogPill.jpg (51KB, 500x387px) Image search: [Google]
TakeTheBogPill.jpg
51KB, 500x387px
>>92001701
since when was anyone ANYONE talking about IRL politics?
fuck off faggot.
>>
>>92001740
>implying i was even serious
>implying i wasn't just making a joke about fire nazis
>while simultaneously mocking people who don't understand that it's morally hypocritical to try to beat violent ideologies with violence
>>
>>92001808
>implying anyone cares about your intent instead of your actions
>implying you didn't try to talk about IRL politics while not on /pol/ regardless of your political leanings
>>
>>91999505
Hurl a pebble on his spine, thus breaking it and binding Ozai into a wheelchair
>>
>>92001912
he'd still be able to use fire style justu with his hands because you don't need feet to make handsigns
>>
>>92001845
Sorry that you were so easily triggered by a stupid joke, friendo. I'll take your sensitivity and apparent inability to discern satire from sincerity into account next time. Would that make you more comfortable here?
>>
>>92001943
Disable his arms too
>>
>>92001989
He'd still be able to breathe fire.
>>
>>92001981
I'd rather people talk about cartoons without faggots interjecting assmad political jokes and driving discussion off course in the cartoons board yes.
>>
File: Untitled.png (31KB, 1487x729px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
31KB, 1487x729px
>>92002025
Ozai master firebender.

the only way to defeat him is murder or "lol just take away his bending with that superpower those turtles gave you."
>>
>>92002040
A bit hypocritical of you to call me a derailing faggot when it takes two to tango and you were just unable to let a stupid joke go un-replied to. Nope, instead you decided to spill your salt everywhere and drag this out.

If you really value discussion then you won't reply to this.
>>
>>92002100
Or lock him up in an ice superjail Aang would easily be able to craft with the Avatar state.
>>
>>92002137
>firebend and melt the ice
>can't swim out of a puddle faggot haha you've already lost
>ozai steps out of the puddle jail
>continues taking over the world
>>
>>92000045
/thread
>>
>>91999505
Why couldn't Aang just have beat him unconscious and thrown him in a jail cell?
>>
>>92002146
The extreme cold would keep him from firebending.
>>
>>92002166
Because they wanted a big ending that used the show's themes of spirituality and inner energy and shit.
>>
>>92002167
it didn't stop them from fire bending in the north pole.
>>
>>91999505
Ozai wasnt a threat because of his bending.

Taking away his bending achieved nothing. Aang defeated him moments before energybending him.
>>
>>91999505
Beating him unconscious and lock him up. There, you didn't even need to kill him.
>>
>>91999626
There were at least 3 episodes talking about energybending. We knew the power existed, just not what it could do.
>>
>>92002166
this
>>
>>91999505
The decisions you make and the actions that follow are a reflection of who you really are. You cannot run from yourself.
>>
>>92001290
>energybending came out of left field

It pretty much did; if they'd come across a scroll or book or prophet that mentioned that "In the time of the Avatar, we bended the energy within ourselves", that it was dangerous to try to bend another s energy, and Aang comes to a realization where he flashes back to some of the ways others have manipulated energies (water-healing, chi-blocking, blood-bending, controlling plants via water-bending, lightning-bending, hypnosis, precognition, chakras), and throw in something cryptic from the Lion-Turtle maybe mid-season instead of in the goddamn finale, Aang could've put it together himself, and then took away Ozai's bending, that would've been much more satisfying.

Maybe even have Sokka, Toph, and Suki come across the scene as he starts -- Ozai is already paralyzed...

Sokka: "Aang! What are you doing?!?"
Aang: "Stay back! No distractions! I don't know if this will work!"
Sokka: If WHAT will work?"
Aang (grimly): I'g going to try to take away the Firelord's bending."

(Horrified expressions on the three GAang-sters' faces)

All Three: "WHAT?!!?"
Aang: "Something the Lion-Turtle said..."

(He turns back to Ozai)

Then,something like the Lightshow Ending we got.
>>
>>92000808
>"rules of writing"

This shit, that way to many people seem to enjoy spouting, makes me want to commit murders over the Internet.
>>
>>91999547
This.
He should have just kept going back, asking all his previous selves, until he got the first avatar, who would have taught him how to energy bend. (And then we wouldn't of had to suffer through the idiocy of Juan.)
>>
>>92004722
>It pretty much did
- the swamp
- the guru
- beach episode

No. There were plenty of episodes talking about energybending. You just don't remember them.
>>
It's understandable what they were trying to go for: Aang managing to defeat Ozai whilst still keeping his own moral values he was raised with which inherently goes against the roles of Avatar.

But it was the setup and execution that was lousy. The Lion Turtle was hardly forshadowed and when it was it barely still gave any explanation on what it was and how the hell it even controlled Aang. They should've had an extra five episodes dedicated on Aang trying to find the monk and learn to Energybend or rewrite the ending to Aang accepting his role of Avatar requires violence.
>>
>>92006130
>You just don't remember them.

You didn't read my post.
>>
>>91999536
>does that make Ozai and Azula rape babies?

I think you mean Zuko.
>>
>>92006594
The family trees of fire nation royals are complicated.
>>
If you want to do turtle magic bullshit, then build up to it during the season. I would have had Aang not able to use the Avatar state, having to rely on his actual mastery of the four elements to fight him and this turtle magic that he had barely had time to learn.Then they fight. Aang beats him, does his spirit bending BS, roll credits.

Alternatively if Aang is going to kill him, he has to bend Sozin's comet and destroy Ozai with it.
>>
>>91999567
Eh too Raimi Spiderman.
>>
File: jdryi68i6.jpg (21KB, 229x210px) Image search: [Google]
jdryi68i6.jpg
21KB, 229x210px
>>91999543
kek
>>
>>92002268
Because the cold on average there wasn't extreme. Firebenders were literally imprisoned in coolers for solitary confinement in AtLA and P'li was trapped for over a decade in an ice prison until until Zaheer came to bust her out.
>>
>>92004722
So you just wanted it spelled out for you like this was actually some stupid anime where they shove explanations right in your face through hamfisted shit like the scene you just suggested.
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.