[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://youtu.be/PfrXgvLCf_4 Just found this. Due out in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 11

https://youtu.be/PfrXgvLCf_4

Just found this. Due out in July. Any thoughts?
>>
I think it looks like shit, and I'd bet that you could remove most if not every scene that features Tom and Jerry alone and end up with a regular animated version of "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory".

Because that's the same damn thing that happened with "Tom and Jerry and The Wizard of Oz".
>>
>>91995512
This is just sad, it looks like they just copy & pasted the movie but with Tom & Jerry doing shenanigans in the background.

I really enjoy 60's Tom & Jerry but come on...
>>
I was gonna complain about why WB had Dini writing this movie instead of unscrewing their animated moves, when I looked on Wikipedia and found that he isn't writing this one.
So... there's that.
>>
>>91995535
it's almost as if MGM were recycling their own properties
>>
>>91995512
I want a Violet Beauregard animated series.
>>
>>91995570
Again, that's pretty much what it is. You can find copies of the Wizard of Oz movie on YouTube and you'll see it's essentially a shot-for-shot scene-for-scene remake of the original, but with added sight-gags with Tom & Jerry.

>>91995620
Well, that's a given.
But it doesn't need to be so blatant.
>>
File: IMG_2438.png (115KB, 264x240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2438.png
115KB, 264x240px
>>91995512
Why put Tom and Jerry in the movie when all they're gonna be doing is trying to kill each other in the background and have almost nothing to do with the plot

Is it just because this was the only way to make an animated movie with any MGM or Hanna Barbera property?
>>
>>91995620
>MGM
Tom and Jerry's been owned by Warner Bros. since at LEAST the 1980s.
>>
You missed the half-dozen reaction threads to this last week.
>>
>>91995800
Yes

Tom and Jerry are shells of their previous selves just like Spongebob. They put a lot of love into how the characters look and animate but that's about it, Nothing to see here
>>
>>91995512
I want more shameless and crass crossovers, the more ill fitting the better.

fuck it, just release movies with Tom and Jerry edited in doing shit in the background and not even factoring into the story
>>
File: 1460406361992.png (4KB, 203x231px) Image search: [Google]
1460406361992.png
4KB, 203x231px
>>91995512

Alright /co/, how would YOU make a (good) Tom and Jerry movie?
>>
>>91995512

0:31

>kicks a tree
>Gummy bear burts into candy
>>
File: IMG_2420.gif (1021KB, 421x389px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2420.gif
1021KB, 421x389px
>>91995900
I remember a scene from one of their previous movies starring Tex Avery's Red, where she falls into a bush and the movie takes about a good 10 seconds of just her shaking his ass around trying to get out of the bush
It's clear the animators really wanted to do something with Red because in that scene she's animated like the whole budget went into it and Tom and Jerry are missing a few frames

Anyway, it's shit that they need to rely on Tom and Jerry to get people to watch their movies and have no faith in their own properties
>>
>>91995934
You make it short

https://youtu.be/Ala8dGr1soU
>>
File: IMG_2361.jpg (226KB, 775x792px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2361.jpg
226KB, 775x792px
>>91995934
You don't

Tom and Jerry can't work as a movie because then you'd have to put in an actual plot and that will end up steering away from the violence those two are so well known for
The first Tom and Jerry movie did that and had the two talk
>>
>>91996040

Come on, there HAS to be some way to make a Tom and Jerry movie
>>
>>91995934
Change the ending of The Magic Ring so Tom doesn't get screwed over unfairly.
The Fast & The Furry was also decent I guess
>>
File: giphy-facebook_s.jpg (53KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
giphy-facebook_s.jpg
53KB, 480x270px
>>91995512
BLUEBERRY INFLATION FAN-ART LET'S FUCKING GO
>>
>>91996040
Didn't they also become best friends or something
>>
>>91996040
I dunno if two hours of dead silence between the principal protagonists of movie would work. I guess that's why every DTV movie has other characters who can talk between their shenanigans.

Besides which, they more or less acted like Tom and Jerry do, throughout the movie, outside of the talking. Trolling each other, getting into shit with outside parties, teaming up against common foes and of course, suffering grievous injuries and humiliations.
>>
https://youtu.be/Sa_X4gs0T98
>>
>>91995934
Make it an action movie. Not an american BLOCKBUSTER movies like the Transformers garbage, but something like the TinTin movie. There'd be goals, there's be travel, there'd be interaction with characters, and then it'd all coalesce into some grand domino effect of destruction and chaos. Then they'd retreat, recover, and go forth for the next leg of the journey. Like the efforts at finding the blond girl Robin? from that other tom and jerry film, or trying to search the alleyways for some McGuffin, or trying to foil a bank heist. What would Tom and Jerry in V for Vendetta at G rating be like? Maybe some cameos of them taking the starch out of some of their competitors. I'm sure there's a few posters who's like to throw a cat at Star Butterfly, or see a Tom and Jerry fight in the gem temple in Steven Universe. Or something more Warner Brothers related, like TnJ take down Lex Luthor, or barely escape with their lives from Duck Dodgers and Dex-Star the Red lantern from DC comics. It's Tom and Jerry, no-one should be able to complain about them being the cartoon before their own feature film!
>>
>>91996290
as bullshit as Tom and Jerry holding a conversation is, the idea that they don't talk is also bullshit. it's just that they only talk when it's funny
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp_ye9Ovbig
>>
>>91995800
Why put Sora in the Disney world when all they're gonna be doing is trying to kill heartless in the background and almost have nothing to do with the plot
>>
>>91995512
Grandpa sounds fucking spot on though I'll give them that.
>>
>>91996556
they sound funnier in the shorts too. Didn't Joseph Barbera do the voices for tom?
>>
>>91995934
Have them go through a magic portal where they end up in the REAL WORLD (and have them emphasis it's the "REAL WORLD" as much as possible, without any reflection by the characters on their world being false). Cast flavor-of-the-week celebrities who have zero voice acting experience to give Tom and Jerry voices, with plenty of pop culture references and poop jokes. Top it all off with shitty CGI and blow the budget on a completely unnecessary dance number at the end to a song that will instantly date the film before it even hits theaters.

We'll be swimming in cash.
>>
>>91997137
You forgot the part where you have a bunch of human characters, not at all tied to the series, with their own subplot that might as well be the main plotline with how much more focus it gets, that Tom and Jerry resolve.
>>
File: Red Tex Avery Gif.gif (3MB, 292x272px) Image search: [Google]
Red Tex Avery Gif.gif
3MB, 292x272px
>>91996089
This chick better eat that wonka gum.
>>
>>91995934

Barring something like the old Warner Brothers movies that had framing devices linking old shorts, I wouldn't even try.
>>
>>91995934
Tom, Jerry, and Scooby Doo in Haunted Hawaii.
>The Mystery Gang are headed to Hawaii to uncover some spooky stuff going on
>Tom and Jerry end up on the plane through shenanigans
>T&J meet Scooby in a crate in the cargo storage area and Tom's nothing but a jerk to him
>Once they get there Scooby gets loose and chases down Tom with Jerry in toe and they run into the rest of the gang who decide to look after the duo
Eh, then the usual stuff happens. T&J slapstick with Scoob, and the Mystery Gang looking for clues.
>>
File: 1492629580188.png (2MB, 1000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1492629580188.png
2MB, 1000x2000px
>>91995934
>>
>>91997485
This actually sounds like it could work
>>
File: 858500_orig.jpg (135KB, 612x800px) Image search: [Google]
858500_orig.jpg
135KB, 612x800px
Pick your poison /co/
This movie or this
http://violetbeauregardefansite.weebly.com/fan-blueberry-comics--fan-work.html
>>
>>91996578
I really wish there was a proper answer to this question, actually.
>>
I don't like when they interact with real humans
>>
Wait, are Tex Avery's characters not in these any more? Red, Butch, Droopy, Screwy Squirrel and the like?
>>
Am I the only one who liked the first T&J movie?
>>
>>91996090
They teamed up against a few outside threats, got a new place to live and saved a little girl.

The movie ends with the two of them trying to murder each other again.

>>91999984
Hell, I liked it, even with all the weird shit like the two of them talking. It's not like they haven't teamed up before either.
>>
>>91996578
Shit analogie try again
>>
>>91996086
>The Fast & The Furry

Surprising amount of on-screen death in that.
>>
>>91999930
Droopy's most recent VA died.
>>
File: 1492978915159.jpg (20KB, 640x424px) Image search: [Google]
1492978915159.jpg
20KB, 640x424px
>was looking forward to at least the blueberry scene
>they made Violet ugly
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.