[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>has done review series for adventure time, steven universe,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 513
Thread images: 54

File: RealDougWalker.jpg (40KB, 600x685px) Image search: [Google]
RealDougWalker.jpg
40KB, 600x685px
>has done review series for adventure time, steven universe, and both avatar shows >no samurai jack review series What the fuck? Why?
>>
Sorry, meant to space the why part.
>>
>>91994094
He only got into those because of fan demand

With all the recent attention it's getting, Samurai Jack may or may not be in his future.
>>
Man, I could talk about this dude all day.
>>
>>91994094
I've heard legends.
Whispers in the dark.
Tales whose tellers wished their identity secret, for simply speaking of them were cursed things.

They've told of the day he tried.
The day he sat down to watch the show and learn of its contents.
The day where the man with the glasses broke, and the frames overflowed with tears.

The day he knew, he was not worthy.
>>
>>91994094
His Avatar reviews are way overrated, I've seen way better reviews from literal nobodies. Hence I don't give a shit.
And AT and SU are actual garbage
>>
>>91994094
>I've made another thread for SJ
>>
File: FatherTime300.jpg (37KB, 634x480px) Image search: [Google]
FatherTime300.jpg
37KB, 634x480px
>>91994094
Maybe he just doesn't have any interest in watching it? Why do you even care about what some shitty e-celeb thinks?
>>
>>91994094
>Douge
>>
>>91994094
because he's a pleb that only likes entry level entertainment. now that jack isn't a niche series anymore he will most likely review jack next and butcher it like he does all his reviews.
>>
>>91994718
To be fair though, reviewing unpopular shit = no food on the table.
>>
>>91994094
because he doesn't care?

what kind of question is this?
>>
>>91994143
Do it.
>>
>>91994659
>>91995025
He did the other series reviews because of demand from fans to check it out. People flipped out when Doug said he never watched Avatar in his TMNT review (he also said he's never heard of Samurai Jack, but never got any flack for it).

SJ is hugely popular now, so him not reviewing yet doesn't make that much sense.
>>
What's his worst review?
Haven't seen Christmas with the Kranks,
so I'm going with Son of the Mask
>>
>>91994094
a better question is "why the fuck would you want him to talk about samurai jack?"
>>
>>91995009
which is why he's a hack
>>
Because even Doug realizes that Samurai Jack is entry-level 2deep4u trash
>>
Samurai Jack isn't anywhere near as lore-driven
>>
>>91995145
>jack is entry level shit
>avatar isn't
You're a dumbass.
>>
>>91995130
So only hacks have to eat?
>>
>>91995145
>>91995175
They're both entry-level weeaboo garbage tbqfh.
Not saying they're not fun, though. I personally prefer cartoons myself because anime is too weird.
>>
>>91994094
Because he's a mere shell of what he used to be.
>>
>>91995244
>i don't know what "entry level" means
>b-but anime is too weird XD!
die
>>
>>91995208
no he's a hack because he only reviews shows or movies that he knows will make him money. if he wasn't a hack he would review entertainment for the passion and joy of doing so.
>>
>>91995009
I'm baffled someone pays these faggots to give their shitty opinion on cartoons. I want to blame the guys doing it but the ones who pay them to are guilty for that.

Reviews loses their legitimacy when money is involved since "critics" are more worried for the money that to give a honest opinion of the material they watched.
>>
>mfw live like 10 mins up the road from this guy

>I have bumped into him a couple times in more "prominent" places in the area aka The Hollywood Boulevard theater where he autistically almost lives at
>>
>>91994143
Why?
>>
File: hai guiz.png (553KB, 437x702px) Image search: [Google]
hai guiz.png
553KB, 437x702px
>>91994094
He is painfully behind on both Adventure Time and Steven Universe.

I don't really like Doug's stuff but I actually really like his cartoon vlogs with his brother. Their really comfy for some reason. He needs to to start doing those again.

he also needs to start watching Samurai Jack and the Nickelodeon Ninja Turtles
>>
>>91995070
>>91995092
Samurai who, now?
>>
>>91995284
Enjoy being a starving artist.
>>91995360
The primary source of income for this type of thing is ads, and they're obviously based on popularity.
>>
>>91995274
I mean it's too weird for my tastes, what with me not being Japanese and all. I don't think it's bad for that, because it's just a personal preference.
And by "entry-level" I meant into the anime world. You really need to chill out, dude.
>>
why would you WANT that? how autistic do you want the Jack fanbase to be?
>>
>>91994094
Who is this guy?

Who is Samurai Jack for that matter?
>>
>>91995798
>he thinks reviewers are artist
oh wow
>>
>>91996142
You are neither, so STFU and go collect your NEETbux.
>>
>>91995091
Uh, what? what's wrong with the Son of the Mask review? it had shitty segments but is not the worst.
>>
>>91996162
>when you lose an argument and rage this much
was it autism?
>>
>>91995798
>doug
>an artist
hahahahahaha
>>
File: why care.jpg (23KB, 190x205px) Image search: [Google]
why care.jpg
23KB, 190x205px
>>91994094
>>
>>91996209
No, but your autism gets you those NEET payments.
>>
>>91996162
>when you suck an e-celeb's dick this much
so pathetic
>>
>>91996240
>implying I'm a NEET
lol stop making adoptions about my life you psychopath
>autism
haha I'm not the one raging over a youtuber
keep it with that projection sport
>>
>>91996274
assumptions*
my bad
>>
>>91994094
>giving a shit about this guy
Why
>>
For all the shit Doug does and gets, he's a nicer eceleb than the rest of the Channel Awesome guys. He keeps a consistent schedule unlike Spoony, doesn't air out his political shit on Twitter like Lindsay, less autistic than Linkara, and less of a bitter cunt than JO. His reviews are still a shell of what they once were, but he seems like he'd be friendly to talk to.
>>
File: download.jpg (7KB, 194x260px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7KB, 194x260px
He could be waiting for the last 3 episodes to do a proper review of season 5.
>>
File: 1491115744138.png (26KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
1491115744138.png
26KB, 300x200px
>>91994094
Why do you want him to do it ?
This fanbase has enough shit to deal with as it is. Do you want MORE autism flooding in ?
I mean Doug is a bandwagon-jumping fuck so he's probably doing it eventually but why would you even want to hear his input on anything ?
>>
>>91996303
Yeah, if you get past his guard dogs Rob Walker and Mike Michaud.
>>
>>91995064
this
>>
>>91995284
I don't even know the guy we're discussing but, reviewing something popular is what any normal person would do, jump into what's trendy and get lots of views, even trolls know better, they won't get any replies by shitting on christmas with crank, they will get them by shitting on stuff like samurai kino
>>
File: 19789999.jpg (105KB, 400x345px) Image search: [Google]
19789999.jpg
105KB, 400x345px
>>91996274
>psychopath
>>
Because he's not the reviewer that takes you back to the past.
>>
>>91997713
which one is it then?
>>
>>91994094
Why would you want that? Why do you care about some low brow internet reviewer who uses a forced high pitched screeching voice as his way to be "funny"?
>>
>>91997487
>they will get them by shitting on stuff like samurai kino
Hard to shit on perfection. Unless you mean the new season, in which case it's definitely not kino.
>>
>>91997721
The one that plays some shitty games that suck ass.
>>
>>91995091
Mad Max
>>
https://youtu.be/Srp-pPmCjc8
>>
File: You're invited to take a guess.jpg (114KB, 1380x1036px) Image search: [Google]
You're invited to take a guess.jpg
114KB, 1380x1036px
>>91995395
Hate him, love him, or hate what he's become, Doug Walker and James Rolfe are partially to blame for the never ending slew of video essays on movies, games, and hilariously specific topics on mundane shit such as D-Pad Evolution and the significance of Dutch angles in The Shining. I think he's an important figure in YouTube review history.
>>91995064
>>91996934
So in a few weeks, Doug Walker's ten year anniversary of reviewing shit online in front of a cheap camcorder after walking out of his custodial job and painting the words "I QUIT" on his chest will be here. In that time period, we've seen him grow from an awkward nerd working alone with his brother on a blogspot site to a growing powerhouse who was able to draw in $100K on Indiegogo in a time where Red Letter Media was beginning to look like a threat to his wallet. With the aid of Brad Jones (Who deserves his own breakdown at some point), Linkara (lol), Spoony, and JessOtaku(sp?) bringing in views as well helping ThatGuyWithTheGlasses become a site that grew in popularity, the AVGN copycats would eventually dwarf Cinemassacre; the site that made Doug remotely relevant in the first place.

>Early2008
Without getting too into shit, James Rolfe as the Angry Video Game Nerd made reviews a fucking thing
"A nerd online talking about my interests in a humorous way? I love this!"

He set the stage up and Doug saw his opportunity and cashed in on it by using a similar setup with film reviews. When the two realized they were both colossal fans of the Ninja Turtles, the both of them used a fake feud (I think they met on Myspace) to draw in one another's fans. They're both successful as shit because of it and Doug agrees that he wouldn't be where he was today if James ignored his proposal.

Doug Becomes onr of the first people to sign up with the company that is now known as Maker Studios. James signed with ScrewAttack.
>>
>>91994718
>only likes entry level entertainment
Come to think of it I watched the fuck out of Doug in 9th grade, but I have no memories of him reviewing anything that wasn't
>children's movies/shows
>current fads
>mass-market horror/thrillers
I wonder how he would review arthouse cinema. Could he handle a blind analysis of Bergman or Fellini without making himself out as a fucking idiot?
>>
File: 1492988607965.png (309KB, 625x725px) Image search: [Google]
1492988607965.png
309KB, 625x725px
>>91994094
Those Titanic animation(s) reviews is something I cannot watch because I will laugh too hard. Good shit. I don't agree with everything he says, but He's alright I guess.

For guy who who reviews alot of stuff he has terrible taste in selecting a wife, holy shit fucking why
>>
>>91994094
Reminder everyones magically started to hate AoStH and worships Satam since his review about those Sonic, when the first one is actually a better show.
>>
File: The Ride Never Ends.gif (205KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
The Ride Never Ends.gif
205KB, 500x500px
>>91997880
Are you fucking kidding me. He posted that today and I just started typing this shit out?

I kinda fucking hated him when he was InternetAristrocrat and disliked all that he stood for but you can't knock him for getting a rise out of people and doing his research. His fanbase is garbage though... I'll just post the rest of what I typed up.

-----------

>Late 2008
Lindsay Ellis wins the "NOSTALGIA GIRL" competition and takes the moniker of Nostalgia Chick. She draws in a decent amount of teenagers of both sexes.

>2009
So many fucking people join the site around this point that I stop keeping track. Doug Walker sees popularity in literally everything his site does. Rob allegedly begins to micromanage the ad payout from Blip.TV views and it screws smaller channel uploaders like Phallus/Phelous and this literal neckbeard guy who wore a towel as a cape and reviewed Shonen anime. Nostalgia Chick, The Cinema Snob, Linkara, and of course our Lord and Savior Doug Walker are not affected.

>Sometime between 2009 and the crowdfunding controversy
Doug made a joke about autistic people that pissed off TVTropes fans and his core audience.

Linkara is gay? No, no he's not. He's just not into women who drink. He's a gentlemen and can't stand partying with his coworkers. Why is everyone so loud?

Doug is apparently married but still hits on female fans? This is self reported con information so fangirls may have been lying.

On the same note, Lindsay Ellis apparently had an abortion and is being stalked by an older male fan that knows where she lives.

AVGN gets caught in a Kickstarter scam with the developers of Cheetahmen/Action 52 and severs his relationship with ScrewAttack.

-----
There's a video posted above this with more information than I can probably give.
>>
>>91997924
I think they divorced and he's passively romancing that female bum character.
>>
>>91997928
Most normies don't give half a fuck about Sanic since the Genesis games.

Among Sonic fans who are mostly freaks and furfags anyway SatAM was always more popular. The comic reflected this.
>>
>>91997950
Well shit.
I take it back.
>>
>>91997986
It remind me when normies were butthurt because they discovered the homing attack on Sonic 4 and were talking like it was a complete new move.
>>
>>91997528
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UKXUJTi6Hg
>>91997487
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwGPKo7D43k
>>
>>91998527
did you take a nap or something
>>
>>91998595
sleep is for the weak
>>
>>91995091
Everything with fat Arya and the black dude.
>>
Did we ever get an explanation as to why he suddenly became funny in the last two seasons? Did he get a comedy coach or something?
>>
>>91997950
But that means she's out there

Looking for a man

Why Doug? How could you do this to us?
>>
>>91998671
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dViG52tHI4
>>
>>91997928
Reminder everyone magically started to worship AoStH after youtube poops made memes about it.
>>
>>91994094

His wife is pretty hot
>>
>>91995284
This is pretty much it. Basing your entire career around reviewing things online is pretty stupid. YouTube and other ad-driven 'content' (that's mostly other people's hard work) platforms are unproven and liable to disappear in the near future.

Even reviewers from the olden days were journalists or comedians who did other work. Well, they were either that, or they were 'critics' that spent more time convincing people and studios that their words were of the utmost importance rather than, you know, actually reviewing things. What I'm trying to say is you take ballsy risks, you eat ramen when they don't pay off.
>>
>>91994094
Why would you want that? Douge is one of the most clueless reviewers out there.
>>
WE'RE NOT DOING
>>
>>91999066
When you take a massive risk like he did during the Blip.tv shutdown or Demo Reel or the crowd funding, doing something comfortable that you know pays the bills is smart. When you're known for being critical, your fans end up critical of your work as well. I'm not a big Doug Fan. He kinda sucks...

But look at how RLM's Space Cop was received. It's not terrible or even that bad, but because Based Mike is known for going in hard on movies, it comes around full circle again.

Also, I would never trust Doug with a Patreon like I would RLM.
>>
>>91995091
Hockus pockus
>>
>>91997886
yeah but can he do a backflip on a trampoline?
>>
>>91999066
Let me guess, you also go around telling people to pull themselves up by their bootstraps, don't you?
Then when they do and it inevitably fails as planned you shit all over them for somehow doing it wrong.
>>
>>91995091
Probably Last Action Hero where he completely misses the point that it's a satire of the action genre and took everything in it at face value.
>>
>>91999500
>Let me guess, you also go around telling people to pull themselves up by their bootstraps
Not really. I do think everyone who's able should get a job, though. You don't have to become an entrepreneur, you can do something safe like 'retail associate,' 'computer systems admin,' 'sanitation engineer,' the list goes on.

>Then when they do and it inevitably fails as planned
>as planned
Planned by who? I want small businesses to succeed. But trying to start a business on the grounds of 'making funny youtube reviews' is neither a proven venture nor guaranteed to be around forever. As such, starting a business like that is a huge risk.
>shit all over them for somehow doing it wrong
No. I might comment on how building a business on an unproven platform is inherently risky and that you should be prepared for it falling through, but I don't 'shit all over them.'
>>
>>91999642
>Not really. I do think everyone who's able should get a job, though. You don't have to become an entrepreneur, you can do something safe like 'retail associate,' 'computer systems admin,' 'sanitation engineer,' the list goes on.
Not one of these is hiring entry level where I live. Actually, nothing is hiring entry level where I live, because my country's economy is completely fucked thanks to your catastrophic ideology.
>Planned by who? I want small businesses to succeed. But trying to start a business on the grounds of 'making funny youtube reviews' is neither a proven venture nor guaranteed to be around forever. As such, starting a business like that is a huge risk.
Most businesses in every field, no matter how "low-risk", are supposed to fail. Don't you know your own ideology's narrative?
>No. I might comment on how building a business on an unproven platform is inherently risky and that you should be prepared for it falling through, but I don't 'shit all over them.'
Sure seemed that way to me in your other post.
>>
>>91999695
Ideology? Are you fucking retarded? This is literally shit you find in any business 101 class. And yes, I know most businesses fail, this is a fact but it's not a terribly good fact. I'd like to see more succeed! Also, Doug is kind of dumb and abandoned his custodial job, seemingly without any real savings, and thrust himself into his channel awesome startup. Then, when his business was making money, he put waaaay too much of it towards living expenses and creature comforts, as you can tell from the objective quality of demo reel. He should've either invested more of that money into his own productions or future proofed his ass. You're also projecting hardcore.

If you can't get a job, you can try job fairs, getting certifications, going to a trade school, going to a community college, going to a four year university (all of these schools will try to help you get a job after you're out) or a plethora of other things. You're not entitled to any fucking thing, and yes, you do have to work for most of the things in your life. This isn't an issue of ideology it's an issue of reality.
>>
File: shill-alert.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
shill-alert.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
reminder that uncivilized elk does pretty much the same AND he's doing new sj reviews
>>
>>91999763
>You're not entitled to any fucking thing
So human beings are not entitled to basic needs? Fuck you and your ideology, I for one will be doing what little I can so scumbags like you have it a bit harder to keep this shit in place
>>
>>91999763
Oh, and I have multiple university degrees in useful fields, and I still can't find a job BECAUSE THERE AREN'T ANY. Jobs don't magically appear out of thin air, or rather out of the "free market". They have to be nurtured.
>>
>>91999864
>So human beings are not entitled to basic needs
No, actually. I'm guessing you're a liberal and that you like science, so I'll point out this great new theory called 'natural selection.' It says that organisms that are fit for their environment survive and thrive, while ones that aren't fucking die.
>>91999880
Now you're just bullshitting. If you had multiple degrees you could afford to at least fucking move.
>>
>>91999894
Natural selection is literal sociopathy by another name, at least as applied to humans, so anyone seriously supporting it in this sense should be institutionalized without a second thought.
>If you had multiple degrees you could afford to at least fucking move.
I can't do that because my whole country is fucked and moving somewhere else requires a visa, which - guess what? - REQUIRES WORK EXPERIENCE IN YOUR SPECIFIC FIELD.
>>
>>91999864
Oh, one m ore thing. If you think that everyone who owns a business is an ebil raycist republicans, an inordinate amount of business owners are jewish (shut the fuck up if you're about to say REE POL) and they're also inordinately democrats. I'm sure that ALL of those democrate jewish businessmen understand the concepts I've been talking about.
>>
>>91999931
>science is so awesome dude!
>EXCEPT WHEN IT DOESN'T FIT INTO MY POLITICAL NARRATIVE! REEEEE
>>
>>91999934
Both major US parties are literally identical in ideology. In other countries like mine this isn't exactly the case but they're still all the same in terms of corruption.
>>
>>91999945
Oh no, I totally agree with the science. What I'm saying is that APPLYING it should be illegal, and those advocating for doing so should be treated as mentally ill, which they ARE.
>>
>>91999931
>someone who holds multiple useful degrees can't get a visa
Also, I know you're probably lying, but what horrific shithole are you supposed to hail from?
>>
>>91999987
None of your business you psycho. I don't want monsters like you knowing even the vaguest of personal details about me that I haven't shared.
But yes, visas require work experience, nobody gives a shit about degrees in and of themselves.
>>
>>92000011
riiiiiiight

You've been fun to shitpost with, but I'm gonna 'concede defeat' to you, since your trolling/stupidity is next level.
>>
>>91995091
His "I wanna do reviews of current movies, but I don't have the movie, so I'm going to recreate it as shitty as possiblem with my low-quality props" review
>>
>>91995070
>People flipped out
Well, considering how autistic his fanbase is, that's not really surprising.
>he's never heard of Samurai Jack
Now that's surprising. To work around movies and animation for so long and never have heard of Jack? That's kind of weird, really.
>>
File: Chad Rocco.jpg (179KB, 1042x767px) Image search: [Google]
Chad Rocco.jpg
179KB, 1042x767px
>>91995009
Which is a shame, because I love when people discuss or recommend semi-obscure cartoons from the pre-Cartoons Cartoons era, as opposed to just "hilariously" wanking or ripping into whatever's in theaters at the moment. Too bad the only person that fits that niche is this lazy drawfag.
>>
It's best he doesn't with his attention span. Anyone else saw his review on Logan? It was so obvious how much little attention he had paid during the movie that it was cringe worthy.
>>
>>91994094
I kind of want him to do gumball, or even if possible digimon adventure ( in japanese)
>>91995091
Im Glad you asked, I still can't blieve im a fan of his, Probably the one where He tried to argue that Indiana Jones was a bad movie,

or even worse where he tried to argue that the webb spiderman films were better than the raimi ones,

The one with the cringeworthy christmas song where he had the face makeup

the matrix film reviews where he tried to be clever but managed to become more boring than the films themselves.

I think one of his problems is that he lets his awful fanbase dictate his opinions,
>>91996303
I apsoulty agree, he still seems like a nice guy I would like to meet even if he dosen't have the best of social skills
I used to be a massive fan of everyone from channel awesome, but then I started following them on twitter and realised how much a cunt they all were,

Doug seems nice so does angry joe and sage.

but jesus christ,

Lindsy, Spooney, Todd and especially nash can all go fuck themselves. the worst kind of SJWs

I think Lindsey was the rotten apple that spoiled the bunch.
>>
>>91994094
>>91994094
His audience mainly consists of:
- SJW Tumblr fatass girls
- autistic kids/fagoots like Chris-Chan or 03bgood still stuck in 2008
- nostalgic normies

The first ones aren't interested in SJ, the second ones might be, but only because it's a 'cult classic' so that means they HAVE TO like it, the third ones are too busy shitting on BvS.
The true question is, why hasn't he done an MLP review series?
>>
>>92001161
>The one with the cringeworthy christmas song where he had the face makeup
What? That one was pure GOAT https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNuRr9t4FBo
>>
>>91994094
>current year
>watching Doug Walker
Why?
>>
>>91995091
Tentacolino
That was one of his most anticipated reviews, and at the end of the day, it just wasn't as hilarious as it could've been. There were like, two jokes out of the entire review that made me chuckle. Really, if the movie gave Doug so much material, why didn't he make use of it?
Also some of the criticisms were rather stupid. 'A villain attacks the protags because he doesn't like the colour of the boat' joke was way too long. It's stupid, but why would you need to sarcastically call it one of the greatest motivations ever? This is Mr Enter levels of nitpicking.
>>
>>91997924
>Those Titanic animation(s) reviews is something I cannot watch because I will laugh too hard.

They are by far his best shit and really what defines him in my eyes. I could never hate him because these are so hilarious.
>>
>>91994094
He's done 'reviews' of Sailor Moon and Pokemon too.
>>
>>91995091

I want him to redo Super Mario Brothers.
B-Bomb
>>
>>91999773
uncivilized elk is way too positive for my taste
he loves everything
>>
File: 1489996939995.jpg (13KB, 414x415px) Image search: [Google]
1489996939995.jpg
13KB, 414x415px
I can typically find appeal in stuff but for this guy its just not there. Is it specifically for super auts? I'm pretty autistic but this screaming red fuck just annoys the shit out of me. Can anyone explain the appeal?
>>
>>91995091

Bridge to Terebithia because I liked that movie.

Cool as Ice.

Warriors of Virtue is one that seems bad but is saved by the movie clips. I've also never seen the Transformers retrospective but i've heard he botched it bigly
>>
>>91997843
Irate Gamer?
>>
>>92001458
his screaming is supposed to be over-the-top, you're not supposed to take it seriously
>>
>>91999773
I like him, he does some pretty solid analysis especially on Adventure Time, but his attempts at humour are a little cringey at times.
>>
>>92000310

He just released a new video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQcxeeW_9AI
>>
>>92001217
>spoiler
He watched a few episodes and he said that the show just wasn't for him. He does respect what it's doing be he doesn't enjoy the animation and thinks it's too cutesy for him.
>>
>>91994094
Man that is one odd looking dude.
>>
>>92002321
What do you think his head looks like?
>>
>>91995091
Him missing the point of Last Action Hero would rank pretty high
>>
>reminder that they kicked Pan out of TGWTG because he missed a phone call
>they never even told him they kicked him out
>>
>>91994094
I don't hate the guy, but there's been a lot of new content since his debut and I don't think he's as funny anymore.

Even back when I watched him sometimes he got really cringy, like the Saved By The Bell review where he hypes up Zack dressed like a rockstar as the stupidest thing in the world and it can't be funny because Doug is playing up how ridiculous it is far past the comfort point.

I don't think the guy is talentless, he showed good comedic timing back when I watched him, but he is still doing the same thing as always, never learned to improve his craft, and if anything happens to his medium in the future, I don't think he'd stay afloat
>>
>>91997880
He's pretty indulgent toward Doug, iI was expecting something more aggressive. Pretty nice video overall.

I wonder how it will go.
>>
File: TGWTGCringe1.png (2MB, 1898x6092px) Image search: [Google]
TGWTGCringe1.png
2MB, 1898x6092px
Because we should never have a TGWTG thread without this.
>>
File: TGWTGCringe2.jpg (738KB, 1500x3220px) Image search: [Google]
TGWTGCringe2.jpg
738KB, 1500x3220px
>>92003027
No idea of how much of it is real though.
>>
>>92003027
Wasn't this disproven by a few TGWTGers?
>>
>>92002830
Really? Is there a video about it?
>>
>>91994094
Did you really watch his review for Adventure Time, Steven Universe, and both Avatar shows?
Would you really watch his review of Samurai Jack?

I only watched his Kissassia episodes, his Fievel Goes West, and his let's play of a Simpsons game. He seemed bad.
>>
>>91995091
Not a review, but his worst video is definitely the "Are kids show better than ever" video.
>>
>>92002830
He was actually in TGWTG? I thought his application was rejected or something
>>
>>92003678
He was in TGWTG for like two months
>>
>>91994094
Since we're here,

His Adventure Time vlogs are fucking insufferable.

He is fucking confused by everything, even simple things that were explained in-universe confused him. Yet he continues to sing praises cause "muh 2D animation" and "muh emotions", acceptable if we're talking about Seasons 1-4, yet he doesn't see any problems with Season 6 (which he still hasn't finished after 2 years), which pretty much confirms his tastes are shitter than Egoraptor's.
>>
It blows my mind that he can manage to actually get famous people in the animation business time after time though.

Also anyone got any juicy RLM stories? I heard Jay and Mike like to chew gum while drinking to soak up all the flavor for later.
>>
>>92003864
>Also anyone got any juicy RLM stories? I heard Jay and Mike like to chew gum while drinking to soak up all the flavor for later.

That just sound practical
>>
>>92003053
This is a parody right? I find it hard to believe nearly everyone involved in this website (primarly introvert nerds) is addicted to heroin or meth, they're not fucking rock stars. I can almost believe some of this, but the 'comic book up the ass' thing has to be trolling. It's not a perfectly run site, but this sounds like edgy fanfiction
>>
>>92004020
This is the first time I've seen this image so I'm guessing it's mostly nonsense
>>
I'll just say it

I think Tamara is super cute. Would pinch her cheeks.
>>
>>91995091
Alaska was the one that got me to stop hyping up each new video
>>
>>92004020
>I find it hard to believe nearly everyone involved in this website (primarly introvert nerds) is addicted to heroin or meth, they're not fucking rock stars
Heroin and meth aren't that expensive, you know. Ghettos and trailer parks are rife with them, and those aren't exactly celebrity neighborhoods.
Rich people and rock stars buy large quantities for party purposes and sharing with parasites.
>>
>>91997886
>>91994094
I liked him better when he worked alone. The Batman and Robin review still gets a chuckle out of me.
>>
>>92004323
It still sounds like bullshit to me, just the image of one of these guys snorting coke and threatening someone at knife point is ridiculous
>>
>>92004020
Actually of all the things that are purely made-up tripe, the 'comic book up the ass' thing is actually true. Linkara used to made fun of for little while by the other people of tgwtg for it.
>>
>>91995284
yes, there was so much demand for a fucking clockstoppers review...
>>
>Someone had to edit this
>Someone considered this was good enough to be released online
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIgtg0P4nF0
>>
I honestly feel like his pre-cancellation/revival stuff was good. Sometimes they dragged on a bit, but at least the way he portrayed the critic was amusing enough. In the beginning, it felt like Nostalgia Critic was just an avatar of his nostalgia and bits of the audiences, then he just turned it all into a big joke "hahaha, critic is angry and pissy and easily stepped on by others" and whatnot. Then of course the revival stuff has to have those idiotic tagalongs doing skits with him or framing the reviews with bloated "plots" that just make inane jabs at the movie being reviewed.
>>
>>91997880
Looking forward to this series
>>
I actually like his videos that AREN'T reviews better. Just talking about subjects, hearing how he feels about things. It's interesting.

Especially since those don't come with skits.
>>
>>92005430
Well when he's himself, he is somewhat more tolerable because he's not ranting as part of the meme he's made his character into. Though he does occasionally get a bit obnoxious in some things, like the Disney/DreamWorks videos where he gives some decent critiques, but then rants about shit that's obviously his own personal hangups.
>>
>>91997938
>Cheetahmen
Mike got wind of it and made James endorse it and later found out it was s literally who scam artist and James had to unendorse it and apologized saying he should've researched it better.

Once again it was Mike "BROWN BRICKS" Matei fucking up Cinemassacre.
>>
>>91994143

come hang with us at eggkara on cytube, we have all the details and lore on douge walker and channel awesome and we have good banter too.
>>
Who was the guy who made an application for tgwtg where he reviews MLP? I remember he had a Kickstarter where he spoke in limerick the entire time and was known for saying "WE'RE WELL ON OUR WAY" and got like $803 of an asked for $50k or something. I think he got a job at Disney animating last I heard?
>>
>>91994094
>Steven Universe reviews
>15 minutes talking about something random that popped into their heads
>3 minutes talking about the actual episode
Can't even call them episode reviews
>>
>>91994094
he only reviews good shows
>>
>>92005028
>Green-screen run
>>
>>91995091
Anything where they reenact the film
>>
>>91997924
>The Jungle 2 Jungle review where you can clearly see a hickey on his neck
Yeesh
>>
>>92005727
Oh I remember it was Latza
>>
>>92005727
Reading this was the strangest, most incohesive success story
>>
>>92006917
>Adventure Time

>good

>Legend of Korra

>good

>Samurai Jack

>not good
>>
>>91999945
>naturalistic fallacy
>is/ought fallacy

In any case sexual selection has a far greater impact on humans than natural selection because we already conquered our environment and have no natural predators.
>>
File: nasty.jpg (76KB, 854x768px) Image search: [Google]
nasty.jpg
76KB, 854x768px
HMMMMMMMM?! Is someone shitposting about Channel Awesome right now? Hambeast, get me my chicken tendies!
>>
>>92008159
Linkara shitposting is a meme that will never be funny
>>
>>91994094
He can't stand seeing two genres put together or combined in any way. You can have fantasy or science fiction, but never together. And seeing how many genres Samurai Jack's shows and combines he'd probably just be confused or annoyed.
>>
>>91999773
He's a cool guy but he posts way too little videos for my autistic needs. He did only start like a year and a half ago and only does a few series.
AT vids are always interesting though, even if he sucks the show's dick a bit.
>>
>>92008399
>He can't stand seeing two genres put together or combined in any way. You can have fantasy or science fiction, but never together.

What are you basing this off of? What did Walker say?
>>
>>92008458
He was very dumbfounded by the whole idea of combining 19th century clothing and technology and futuristic space travel in Treasure Planet and said it was so distracting he could barely never enjoy the film because of it.
>>
File: 1402268153790.png (377KB, 968x1900px) Image search: [Google]
1402268153790.png
377KB, 968x1900px
>>92008235

>early days of NC
>doug needs linkara's assistance with his power rangers episode
>linkara starts making edits and corrections to the script
>doug gets mad
>linkara immediately starts farting an assload of stinky kaka onto the floor -- the kaka is made up of shit logs and ass gravy
>linkara puts on swim trunks and says "geronimo" while jumping into his own stinky fecal kaka and stool
>linkara gets up and picks up a log of poop and puts it in his mouth, then grabs a bic lighter and lights it and smokes it like a cigar
>doug says 'linkara -- you're a poopy puffer?'
>linkara says YEPPEROO!
>>
>>92008613
>could barely ever
Sorry, typo
>>
File: kickasia.png (3MB, 1898x6092px) Image search: [Google]
kickasia.png
3MB, 1898x6092px
Seriously I go on /co/ to try and convince myself it's at least comparable to /tv/ but this thread is shit. If OP posted this on /tv/ people would be pulling out archives making fun of this guy, not having a lot of defenders and indifferent people like this shit board has. You guys really don't know how to have a good time.
>>
>>91994094
>watches Doug Walker
>wants more Doug Walker

Go fuck yourself.

>>91994141
Fuck them.
>>
>>91997938
>Linkara is gay? No, no he's not
Eeehhhh I don't know. He obviously dated IronLiz for fetishistic reasons.
>>
>>91994718
Jack was never niche.
>>
>>91995070
>SJ is hugely popular now

What?
>>
>>92008754
We just did >>92003027, you crossposting gremlin. Now fuck off back to your /BLACKED/ threads.
>>
>>91995091
All of them.

>>91995092
Why would you want him to talk period?
>>
>>91995244
They're not fun, though, weeb.
>>
>>92009066
It didn't win the /co/ cartoon tournament by accident.
>>
>>91995798
Any idiot with a webcam can call themselves a reviewer. And they do. They're a dime a dozen.
>>
>>91996067
>how autistic do you want the Jack fanbase to be?

You people already are.
>>
>>91996162
S-s-Stop makin fun of muh hero!
>>
>>92008754
>>92003027
>>
>>92009178
>/co/ reflects the rest of the world

Holy fuck, go outside.
>>
>>92008754
I'm all mocked out. I've been making fun of TGWTG, Tom Preston, and that Invader Zim fanfilm for years. I'm bored of it
>>
>>92009307
So you'd rather have it handed down to Frozen or something?
>>
I have fond memories of the crew back in the day. The only media critics and 'comedians' I know that have a "community" anything remotely like classic TGWTG today is probably the Game Grumps and I hate 70% of them.

Actually, that's no different from TGWTG in hindsight.
>>
>>91995091
Fucking everything past 2009?

I think somewhat after Casper autism REALLY kicked in. NC already started mercilessly repeating his own memes even before that and figured out fucking perfect formula for all jokes ever, which is THE LOUDER YOU YELL THE FUNNIER.
>>
File: 1492417101019.jpg (31KB, 374x510px) Image search: [Google]
1492417101019.jpg
31KB, 374x510px
>>91994094

I know he seems to like Avatar a lot but what does he think about AT and SU?
I don't feel like watching any more of his videos….
>>
I like his Steven King vids. That's about it.
>>
>>92003074
He talked about it on one of the podcasts.

>>92003678
>>92003744
No, no, he got in, but before he was put on the site they had a group call for all the new people. He missed it because he mixed up the date or time, but as soon as he realized it he tried to contact them, but they ignored all his calls and messages. The next week is when the Obscurus Lupa drama happened and a ton of TGWTG dirt was leaked. Before he really wanted to be on TGWTG since it would be a big step up, but after all that he said that he was glad he got kicked out before he was really a part of it.
>>
>>92007987
Early AT was pretty entertaining. Haven't bother with most of the later stuff, but I do hear how it lost a lot of the charm. Can't say much about Steven Universe, aside from how bad the waifufags have latched onto it.

Korra was... promising at the start, like until episode 3.
>>
>>92003523
>not watching The Room review
>>
>>92011697
The Room review is the first review of the Room I ever saw but it's far from the best Room mock
>>
>>91996193
It has the worst and longest skits, and the "criticisms" only really amount to the visuals (might be biased here, since they don't phase me).
Plus the bit with CR.
>>
>>92001161
What did Todd and Lindsey say?
>>
>>92011778
Lindsay literally has her Twitter background set to Ratigan from GMD, which says everything you need to know
>>
>>92004660
Clockstoppers was an objectively good movie though.
>>
>>92011697
Not worth it.
>>
>>91994094
Toxic Masculinity.
>>
>>92012189
this, t.b.h.

That scene at the end where the hero goes into that hypermode was 10/10
>>
>>92012043
It says she has good taste?
>>
>>92007987
Korra is shit m8
>>
>>92001161
I don't think it's physically possible for Spoony to fuck himself any more than he already has.
>>
>>92012334
GMD is not good taste, it's on the Aristocats level of mediocrity
>>
>>92012383
I'll have to disagree.
>>
>>92002020
Which, to be fair, is an accurate assessment. If you separate it from the fanbase, the show is really just a run of the mill show for young children that teaches the exact same lessons as the young children's shows that WE grew up with. It's not bad per se, it's just not groundbreaking.
>>
File: 1419876149377.png (494KB, 845x577px) Image search: [Google]
1419876149377.png
494KB, 845x577px
>>92009178
>>>>>>>>>>
>>
>>92012383
Are you fucking serious? Basil is pretty good.
>>
>>92012383
Say (you)
>>
>>92006805
This is true, although desu I didn't mind and still liked watching
>>
>>92011222
How long ago was this
>>
>>91995130
They prefer the term, Businessman.
>>
>>92003053
>>92003053
Pff /tv/ sure hasnt changed.
>>
>>91994094
Didn't he stop his reviews for Adventure Time ages ago?
>>
>>91995091
I stopped watching him once he started making his videos longer than 10minutes and had cutaway gags. Off the top of my head, i actually really didnt like his review of "the lorax". C'mon NC, go back to your old style of just straight up reviewing the movie/show with occasional funny commentary and keeping it only 10min max. My favorite one is still him talking about the mario/zelda cartoon and captain N
>>
>>92016653
I forgot.
If you look up when Lupa was kicked out of TGWTG you should be able to find it in one of the 2 podcasts before it happened or one of the 2 maybe 3 podcasts after it happened.
>>
Iron Liz is apparently an Alt-Right activist that fully transitioned.
>>
File: linkara run.webm (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
linkara run.webm
1MB, 640x360px
>>92008159
TALKING ABOUT ME HMMMMMMMM?
>>
>>92018768
yeah, she was big into GamerGate
>>
>>92019766
I'm going to get fucking fired.
>>
File: 1449901771487.webm (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1449901771487.webm
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>92019922
Why? What's going on? I'll be over there as soon as possible.
>>
>>91994094
>home alone 2
>bad

he can fuck right off.
>>
>>92019978
Which anniversary movie should I watch for the most laughs? I'm losing my shit.
>>
Walker's reviews are cringe inducing. He clearly thinks he's a lot funnier than he really is. And what's with that gun? It doesn't make him look badass as he seems to think it does.

Then there's the "That guy with the Glasses" line. Big deal. Lots of men wear glasses. It's a curious point to distinguish yourself.

Also, if you're going to wear a tie, wear a proper button up shirt with the damn thing. He looks like a goddamn tool wearing it with a t-shirt.

His Bum Reviews keep saying "OH WOW, IT'S THE GREATEST MOVIE I'VE EVER SEEN IN MY WHOLE LIFE, MAN!!!" Every single goddamn review. When you overuse a phrase this much, it loses any and all impact. Words have MEANINGS. Every single movie you see cannot possibly be the greatest one youve seen it your life.

I just don't get how this guy thinks he's so clever
>>
>>92020127
Suburban is the closet to good and has a few jokes that are alright.
>>
>>91997886
>Doug Walker and James Rolfe are partially to blame

Unlike Walker, Rolfe can be funny. You can actually LEARN stuff from him.
>>
I know this group was a dumpster fire but it seems like a bunch of twenty and thirty somethings that were still keeping up with their high school anime club longer than God intended and I wish I could be a part of something like that.
>>
>>92019766
So this is Linkara? I feel like he's trying to be unlikable but he's already unlikable without trying. I kinda feel bad, but not really?
>>
>>92001161
>or even worse where he tried to argue that the webb spiderman films were better than the raimi ones,

This.
>>
File: What 1.jpg (57KB, 608x340px) Image search: [Google]
What 1.jpg
57KB, 608x340px
Ok hard mode, who are the most likable TGWTG members?

Is there anyone who we don't have a real reason to hate on?
>>
>>92020584
CR was pretty chill, despite being a horsefag. Too bad he barely does any content now.
>>
>>92020584
Brad Jones, Phelous, Marzgirl, CR

Course Brads life got fucking weird a year or so back.
>>
File: Thats_the_joke3.jpg (75KB, 452x339px) Image search: [Google]
Thats_the_joke3.jpg
75KB, 452x339px
>>92020159
>Walker's reviews are cringe inducing. He clearly thinks he's a lot funnier than he really is. And what's with that gun? It doesn't make him look badass as he seems to think it does.

Okay, this first line here I agree with you with, but everything else you wrote makes you seem terribly autistic. I know none of the stuff you listed is him being clever or actually funny, but you seem to have missed the point that they're jokes entirely. They're just bad jokes, but clearly recognizably jokes.
>>
>>92020584
Is Rap Critic still on there? I actually liked his stuff.

Brad Jones is also easily the GOAT of the entire site at this point.
>>
>>92020627
Actually, I take that back. The thing with the gun is also just a bad dumb joke.
>>
>>92020584
What about Sage?

Do we have anything on him?
>>
>>92020584
Brad Jones.
His real life torment is not dissimilar from the type of films he tries to make and it's that type of ironic tragedy that makes me think he'll be successful as fuck soon.
>>
>>92020627
>>92020681
Anon, it's the whole post. The post is also a joke about him not getting the joke.

I think.
>>
>>92020615
>>92020697
>Brad

If anything, I would read his biography in 30 years. I'm sure that will be a wild ride.
>>
>>92020584
Are you counting past members, or only the ones that are still there?
>>
>>92020752
I guess mostly current, but past also work if they were there long enough to do at least 3 crossovers. None of those who join for a few months then go dark.
>>
>>92020699
Nah, I think he's just certifiably autistic and not just pretending to be retarded.
>>
>>92020736
Memories of a Porn Reviewer: The Brad Jones story.
>>
>>91994094
Reminder that he thinks that the emperor's new groove isn't funny, which shows how shitty his sense of humor is and why he'll do disastrous shit like the super villain shuffle.
>>
>>92020895
>why he'll do disastrous shit like the super villain shuffle.
Game show.
>>
>>92020895
You know what IS funny?

My Date With A Secret Agent.
>>
>>92020159
Nice pasta.
>>
>>92021030
He is the best, Short of Red Letter, though I will admit His religious bender got frustrating with me. I get it Jesus,bro needed it so it could be as amazing as it was but DAMN how many times can the punch line be "Lulz Silly Christian films."
>>
File: Super feels.jpg (108KB, 567x456px) Image search: [Google]
Super feels.jpg
108KB, 567x456px
>>92021030
>he remenbers every fucking flick he ever saw, even when he isn't reviewing, director's name included.
>that is a burden he must carry after every Wood Rocket review

I never knew he suffered so much for us.
>>
>>92000181
He doesn't do that because he doesn't have the movie, he does that to avoid content strikes
>>
>>92012383

(You)
>>
>>92020895
Pretty sure he said it was funny, just not for everyone. And he's kind of right, the movie was far from perfect, but certainly not as bad as most of the things David Spade has starred in.

>>92021073
What's wrong with Animaniacs?
>>
>>91995091
the man of steel review is where I stopped watching he goes on to say it's shit we've seen before then proceeded to make a unfunny practicable gag we've seen before
>>
>>92020406
Early Doug was fairly funny, not all of the time, but he felt more genuine in his efforts then before just making the Critic a one-note punching bag.
>>
>>92021450
The humor was just fine in Animaniacs.
>>
>>92020584
In my opinion? Brad Jones, Sage, Linkara (AN UNPOPULAR OPINION, HMMMMMMMMM?), Brandon Tenold, JewWario (rest in pepperoni), Film Brain (at times), and maybe Phelous (I don't really watch his stuff much).

Everyone else that I've watched is either cringeworthy (Angry Joe), not who they once were (Spoony, Lindsay/Nostalgia Chick), a total asshat (Nash, JesuOtaku), or all three (Doug).

>>92021398
I like (You)

>>91995091
Freddy vs. Jason. I swear, that man and Pokemon...
>>
>>91994094
No one paid him yet.
>>91994141
No, CN/Nick paid him to watch those shows.
>>
>>91997886
>Doug Walker and James Rolfe are partially to blame for the never ending slew of video essays on movies, games, and hilariously specific topics on mundane shit

james is more to blame than doug since NC is an AVGN clone with the only thing that separates him from the other clowns on his site is that doug is at least honest about it

hell, that whole fake feud ultimately happened because NC was being compared to AVGN in the first place

that said at the end of the day if it wasn't james it would've been someone else

doug's downfall has always been an interesting phenomenon since it seems common among e-celebs/content creators that they become so insecure about the very thing that makes them famous that they take a scorched earth approach to branching out. which never made sense to me because stick to what your good at and wanting to branch out and experiment with different things aren't mutually exclusive

for example in doug's case he didn't need to end NC to do things like demo reel. he could've kept NC as a side thing to make money while he pursued other projects.
>>
>>91994094
funny thing

went back and started watching his shit from the beginning again. his older stuff works fine, so something happened to him.

can't believe he started in 2008
>>
>>91994094
???
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmIPc6B3kiY
Not him, but his channel.
What's the point of uploading another video on it?
>>
>>92022731
doug became insecure about only being known for nostalgia critic to the point where he essentially sabotaged himself. another reason is concerns over lawsuits

according to spoony the large reason doug & his clowns started shoehorning their skits/fanfiction into the reviews as well as doug wanting to end nostalgia critic was that they felt that lawsuits from studios and/or a bill like SOPA was an inevitability and fair use wasn't going to protect them forever
>>
File: 7buwxsf.jpg (95KB, 685x1023px) Image search: [Google]
7buwxsf.jpg
95KB, 685x1023px
>>91994094
Looks familiar
>>
>>92022965
I love this pic so much.
>>
>>92022965
I haven't seen eyes betray a smile like that since Get Out.
>>
>>92022965
...What is that...?
>>
File: gooferr.jpg (239KB, 1280x703px) Image search: [Google]
gooferr.jpg
239KB, 1280x703px
>>92023120
>>
>>92023128
...Is it Malcolm (the black guy)'s furrsuit (I remember something like that)? Is... is it a Goofy furrsuit? ...Why?
>>
He should do both Star Wars The Clone Wars series.
>>
>>92023151
No wait, I did a reverse image thread... Oh why...
>>
>>91995070
>People flipped out when Doug said he never watched Avatar in his TMNT review

I thought they flipped out because he was shitting on Mako.
>>
he's too busy ranting about the gender wage gap hoax to care about actually reviewing things.
>>
>>92023310
>I thought they flipped out because he was shitting on Mako.

It was this
>>
>>92020584
Brad seems the comfiest to hang out with.
>>
>>92022965
Please don't bring this evil here.
>>
>>92022658
>thinking he's a big enough shot to be paid by networks to watch cartoons and irregularly release videos with lowish view counts.
kek, I bet you unironically call posters in the Wendy's threads shills for the chain.
>>
File: 1490325745344.jpg (49KB, 565x486px) Image search: [Google]
1490325745344.jpg
49KB, 565x486px
>>92005028
She's too thic for a skirt that short
>>
>>91995091
>Son of the Mask
Honestly his best of his post-revival reviews. Entirely because of one line.

>>92002969
>He's pretty indulgent toward Doug, iI was expecting something more aggressive
Well he can probably empathise with him wanting to get away from an internet personality he made.
>>
Anyone remember Mike Jeavons?

>>92022618
>Film Brain
I can't stand this bloke's squeaky voice.
>>
Wow, so many stupid people in this thread
>>
AVGN is and will forever continue to be the true thinking man's review channel
>>
Jack isn't nearly as good as TLA.
>>
File: 1493350560494.jpg (95KB, 604x840px) Image search: [Google]
1493350560494.jpg
95KB, 604x840px
>>92001578
>Cool as Ice

Say what you want about the movie's shitty quality and Vanilla Ice's...Iceness, but I'll be damned if that movie didn't have one of the most kino early 90s soundtracks, right up there with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1 and 2 and New Jack City.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2RTRk2shM4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcjVjqTARKA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxMXNw1-5FU

Maybe it's just because I love late 80s and early 90s music like new jack swing and hip house (two of the three songs are both), but I don't care.
>>
What happened to that black girl who had her own show? Marzgurl or something? I saw some pretty sexy pictures of her a while back.
>>
>>92020638
Rap Critic appeared to have gone full YouTube but he's still with them. I love his videos but you can tell his fat cow of a girlfriend is heavily influencing him, slowly adding more SJW stuff.

This is coming from someone who's around as liberal as Brad Jones, who is the best person on that site.
>>
>>92024742
How come James has managed to keep his show fresh yet still good, while having two great games and an actually decent movie made based on his show, for all these years while Doug has completely failed? He still has the old AVGN charm after 13 years while still managing to mature, while Doug has just turned into an unfunny pseudo-intellectual manchild.
>>
Anything Doug produces that isn't him sitting on the couch and giving his honest thoughts on media is just cringy.
>>
>>92025323
Different people, man

And James spreads his content out, he's said it many times, and dedicated slot of the Megaman video on it, that it's hard for him to find the time to do videos too often or too long

He hasn't done Board James in a while, there's many many games he wants to play with Mike, arcade games are like forgotten etc

I don't watch much Doug, but if he turned into some video blogger guy saying moronic stuff about current events, then he probably sat down and chose an easier workload to pump out more content, like a radio host but with YouTube

That's more or less what PewDiePie does, he plays a few choice games over the year and the rest is misc. Personally, I like his shitting on YouTube trends and media videos.
>>
File: 1492928469287.jpg (108KB, 550x791px) Image search: [Google]
1492928469287.jpg
108KB, 550x791px
>>91994094

Maybe he didn't like or hate the show enough to have an opinion about it
>>
>>92022706
The problem with many creative people (actors, artists, etc) is that they want to do other things every so often. Actors wants to do different parts in movies or leave TV shows, artists experiment with different styles, and content creators get sick of doing the same shtick every time they make a video or web comic.
>>
>>91994094
he has Tamara to make his filler for him now
>>
>>92025287
RapCritic is also a full time college student, so he's definitely only hobby-tier with his show. RapCritic also does like 100% of his crossover material with a non-CA member now: Mues Productions.

They have like a weekly hour-long podcast.
>>
>>91994094
Not progressive enough
>>
>>92020605
>being a horsefag
He quit that, all he really do now is shitpost on MLP.
>>
>>92022618
joe's biggest problem from what I've seen from him is that he wants to be a serious video game journalist but doesn't have the credibility for anyone to take him seriously as one

and that no matter how much he moves up the food chain with doug's travelling circus he will always sit at the kids table
>>
>>92020617
>>92020627
>>92020699

The thing about jokes, though, is that by definition, they're supposed to be FUNNY. These elicit nothing but cringe, however.

>>92021053

Copied nor pasted absolutely none of that.

>>92020847

Yeah, yeah. Try to de-legitimize someone else's viewpoint with that tired old "Autism" chestnut. That's been over used so much it's lost all meaning like the"Best movie Ive ever seen in my entire life. Doesn't change the fact that not only are these so-called "jokes" the anti-matter equivalent to something genuinely funny, he keeps using them over and over and over. They're OLD. They're STALE. And they are the furthest thing from 'funny" as you can get.

And he can't seem to let it go. In Dungeons & Dragons, he keeps mentioning a villain has blue lips like he thinks pointing out the patently obvious over and over is funny. Or the time he laughed at some guy's admittedly stupid appearance for AN ENTIRE MINUTE. We got the point immediately but he just wouldn't stop.
>>
>>92024735

Explain how you think they're wrong or fuck off.
>>
>>91995091
>Jurassic World
>Mad Max
>Batman v Superman

Basically all the reenacted reviews.
>>
So what does Doug think of SU?
>>
>>92027108

Who really cares? If you do or don't like it, isn't that all that really matters?
>>
>>92026077
I thought he graduated already. Also, did you know he's an opera singer?
>>
>>92003053
was james ever really affiliated with TGWTG?
>>
File: IMG_0373.jpg (75KB, 192x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0373.jpg
75KB, 192x500px
Why didn't you save her, /co/?
>>
>>91994094
I don't know who that is, why should I wait for a review of him of series Ive already watched and came to my own opinions about them? why do people obsess about him/the "issue"?
>>
>>92027795
oh never mind, it's THAT fag. opinions entirely discarded.
>>
>>91996303
JO's post-TGWTG fall was pretty sad, really, though I still owe then her a debt for helping me find Kino's Journey.
>>
>>92027890
This whole post made me consider something. What if Marzgurl had won the Nostalgia Chick contest instead if Lindsey?
>>
File: C-Om4GVVwAAwf7c.jpg (121KB, 1024x677px) Image search: [Google]
C-Om4GVVwAAwf7c.jpg
121KB, 1024x677px
>>92028143
>fall
>when you get to look like this
i mean, he is doing preety well
>>
>>92026532
>they're supposed to be FUNNY

That's why I said they're BAD jokes. They're clearly meant to be funny but, failed. It happens sometimes when someone tries to do comedy but isn't good at it. You asked what the deal is with this shit, and in such a way that you seemed to have missed that they have all the common formula of a joke or a bit, but are just done poorly. You actually seem to have trouble comprehending basic social cues like common humor.

I agree with you that I think he's not funny, but if you really want to know why he still does this shit, it's because he thinks it's funny. And so do his fans, for some reason, because there are still people out there watching him and telling him he's doing a good job. And it makes him money so hes just going to keep doing it. I think he's tried to do other stuff that tanked, and Nostalgia Critic was the only thing that ever took off, so he turned the dial on that up to eleven.
>>
Mako was the only good part of TMNT
>>
wait, why do people think JesuOtaku is an asshat?
>>
>>92021398
truth. Him uploading his past reviews on his youtube channel (after blip fizzled away) just highlights how better he used to be. Seems like he used to actually care about what he was doing.

But hey he got to where he needs to be to keep himself afloat in the game, and now doubt he influenced a lot of how reviewers do their thing now.

I remember a GG episode where Arin was talking to Dan about how he paved the way for how YT reviewers review video games, in a funny manner, with his Sequelitis "series", and made that a thing. ... No dude. that was AVGN and Nostalgia Critic.
>>
>>92028979
>Arin
>thinking he paved the way for anything

does he even remember he was called Egoraptor as his name at one point? i'd want an online name, not my fucking real name, thats stupid and boring.
>>
>>92020584
I know he's probably not the most likable, but Spoony was my favorite. His stuff always entertained me.

But majoritively, I bet it'd be Jew Wario.

Hey. You guys remember when Linkara lost his shit cuz people were drinking during the 24 hr live stream? I like his content, but he has to be the least likeable.
>>
>>92024345
>No Tamara panty shots
>>
>>92028979
the only person he influenced with sequlites was scottfalco's side of salt and even then that scrublord does it better than arin did
>>
>>92029118
Oh .. almost forgot about Phealous. He seems like he'd be fun to hang out with.
>>
>>92029071
Everything that isn't tainted by Arin or his wife is pretty good. Ross is a great artist, Holly has a nice G-rated channel, Barry is unfunny but understands game design, Dan is... Nice and a bit funny, SuperMega is good, Oney's pretty good... Fuck Vernon, though.
>>
>>92029212
Just my opinion but, Chris, Dingdong and Julian are way funnier than anything on GG. You can tell there just a group of friends fucking around playing video games. What GG used to be in the early JohnTron days (which was better than current GG in my opinion)
>>
>>92020617
Well, actually, I've seen the logic behind this same joke, but done better. There's this old alcoholic guy that is a regular customer at the bar I used to work at, and every single day he would order a martini, taste it, and when asked how it is or occasionally even when not asked would say "This is the best martini I've ever had in my life." And again, usually when prompted, but sometimes not necessarily, would say "And do you want to know why? Because it's the most recent martini I've had! And it gets better every time." Every single day, pretty much. Personally I think this random guy applies and delivers this joke better than bum.

So by that logic we could say that bum is trying to express that every new movie he sees is to him better than all the movies he's seen preceding it. It could be perceived as true if he thinks each movie is better than the last.
>>
>>92027157

>Implying I'd take a critic's word to decide what I can or can not like

Not to be rude but you know there's such a thing as being curious about what people think just for the sake of curiosity, right?
>>
>>92029212
>>92029384
Who are GG, Super Mega and Oneyplays even working for? I know they are all in the same building but who owns them?
>>
>>91995091
By far Mad Max
>Unfunny skits
>Unfunny writing
>Menist garbage
>Ghostbusters priest nonsense
>Devilboner and fangirl cringefest
>Shitty effects
I could go on all day
>>
>>92029682
wow, rude.
>>
>>92030117
They're all under some kind of producer, dont think the same ones though.
Game Grumps was with Polaris before they were booted. Notice how they started doing cringey "Lets try" eating videos and live action videos? Thats cause they lost a big source of income, who knows who has them now.
>>
>>92030570
They also lost the rights to table flip didnt they? Thank fuck
>>
>all this talk about old youtubers
>"hey everybody it's chuggaaconroy"
>>
>>92027108
He seems to enjoy it but gets constantly confused, though the reviews he has for them shoots off into weird tangents.
>>
Is anything cringer than the people he did the AT reviews with? I sometimes had to close the video early cause they constantly went on long tangents about how 2deep4u the episode was. In general they seemed like the biggest goobers ever. Eventually gave up on that shit.
>>
>>91994094
Saving the best for last?
>>
>>91995414
I like his early Avatar ones by himself. He had an almost childlike excitement when describing how much he liked it.

Wish hed stop using his brother cause hes a cunt and ruins the videos. Really irritating, constantly yelling over Doug, making unfunny memes, insulting their fan base at least once a video. Worse than the cringey family Doug did the AT vlogs with and thats saying a lot
>>
>>92030570
I was asking because Dan always acts like a corporate douchebag, controlling the time and being a bitch when Arin goes for some darker jokes.
>>
>>92030901
it was the exact opposite for me, jason was the one who actually forced doug to focus and talk about the show, you could tell he was a fan and was aware of the fandom and the behind camera things that went on in the show.

with rob the two of them just loose the thread all the time and meander about pointless shit like they dont even care about what they are watching
>>
>>92030993
>Wish hed stop using his brother cause hes a cunt and ruins the videos. Really irritating, constantly yelling over Doug, making unfunny memes, insulting their fan base at least once a video

This. No offense, I know he writes most episodes, and he seems pretty smart, but fuck, his big bro got the family charms. He's too obnoxious.
>>
>>92030505
>>91995091
Pretty much any of his review where they had to act out the movie.
>>
>>91995387
Same. I've never seen him myself but my "friend" has gotten "selfies" with him.
>>
Samurai Jacked the fuck off
>>
>>92031717
Apparently those are really popular.
>>
>>92020584
Benzaie was actually a funny and attractive guy. Spoony was a likable asshole until he just became an asshole

Jewwario
>>
>>91996303
He's like James Rolfe. Im not a big fan of their stuff anymore, but if I met them in a bar I wont mind buying them a drink and chatting with them, unlike everyone else on Channel Awesome.

Actually scratch that. If Doug was there, I'd probably have to see his utter cunt of a brother.
>>
>>92031844
>Benzaie
In French this guy is just obnoxious and arrogant as fucks.
>>
>>92031038
>Dan always acts like a corporate douchebag
how so? I guess I don't play that close attention.

And I'm sure he's keeping track of the time cuz someone has to do it and it's usually Arin playing.

They've said previously that the way YT works 10 min is the sweet spot. Any less and you're not making money off your vids. Any more then your wasting time on that video.

Something to do with the average person's attention span these days. If someone sees a video is more than 10 min then they're less likely to watch it or even watch it all the way through.
>>
>>92031822
Maybe because people like watching train wrecks.
>>
File: supervillain shuffle.jpg (23KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
supervillain shuffle.jpg
23KB, 500x500px
WE'RE NOT DOING THE SUPERVILLAIN SHUFFLE
>>
>>92003054
>Story paints them like assholes
>"W-we're not assholes! This is clearly a lie and never happened!"
>"Well I guess it was a lie then cause they said so"
>>
>>91994094
Maybe he's already seen the original? His other vlogs are about shows he's going into blind.
>>
>>92032028
>The Assassin
>The Devil
>That scene where they watch some racist commercial form the 90's and the NC quietly hides away a picture of him with two black people in collars

Honestly he's too good for this show
>>
>>92008754
Of all the fake shit that get posted about Linkara, who'd have guessed the one about him being a "nasty cock slut" would turn out to be true?
>>
>>92020736
What happened?
>>
>>92028979
Did Ego really say that? What a faggot
>>
>>92029384
That seems to be the common opinion. GG is so dead and lifeless, really highlights what good chemistry can be when you see it in something like OneyPlays
>>
>>92032395
Painful divorce that ruined a friendship, painful follow up relationship that didn't pan out into a second marriage, fucked the hardest by the League of Super Critics, is only avoiding death because he doesn't feel like a "real person" unless he's constantly working.
>>
>>92032516
Oh is that it?
Im sure that was rough for him, it just sounded like there was this be scandal
>>
>>92032133
He's said in his red sonja review that he never saw samurai jack
But then again it's been years now and he's even seen Avatar now since then
>>
>>91994094
>watching NC
Not even memeing, if you watch this gormless faggot, you should kill yourself, the world will be much better off without you.
>>
>>92032610
It's a classic friend fucked my wife story.
>>
>>92032779
Burn in hell, Barneyfag.
>>
>>92027585

The key word being "hire". You see a lot of people have made stuff for him, but as soon as we asked to get payed, he will just stop talking to you and you eventually get let go from the site because "exposure" is enough.
>>
File: 1487834104131.png (127KB, 600x462px) Image search: [Google]
1487834104131.png
127KB, 600x462px
>>91996303
Aw please. Brad Jones.
>>
>>92033238
why not make it better by having barney and THEN mlp, repeat.

it would make them look even more like babies
>>
>>92033042
Are you actually CR or are you just joshing us?
>>
>>92032779
>>92032926
I want to fap to this....
>>
>>92033042
>exposure is enough

that is like the artist codeword for "you ain't getting paid ever fag"
>>
File: Willy Wonka.jpg (27KB, 324x278px) Image search: [Google]
Willy Wonka.jpg
27KB, 324x278px
>Chad Rocco arrives when someone starts posting lewd smallhorse

Makes sense
>>
File: 1493418749098.png (805KB, 870x782px) Image search: [Google]
1493418749098.png
805KB, 870x782px
>>92032779
>>92032926
>>
>>92033304
CR's a cool guy, draws stuff for /co/ every so often.

Good taste in cartoon moms, too.
>>
>>92033334
Ooh man. I fucking draw profile pictures and "stand ins" for YouTube people and this cunt with 200 subs told me he'd put me on the description of his first video so I'd get exposure. Granted, I'm only at 2K subs myself but I sure as fuck wasn't going to get jerked around by a kid trying to avoid paying me $20-$40. I drew a dick in his mouth, sent it to him, and stopped replying to his emails.
>>
>>92032649
honestly anyone who comes on 4chan isn't really much of a judge of quality.
>>
File: 1493591884218.jpg (326KB, 600x884px) Image search: [Google]
1493591884218.jpg
326KB, 600x884px
>>91995091
the one where he said district 9 was hamfisted and horrible and sausage party was good in the same fucking review
ill never forgive him for such a shit opinion
>>
File: Melvin001[1].png (113KB, 574x313px) Image search: [Google]
Melvin001[1].png
113KB, 574x313px
>MELVIN
>MELVIN
>BROTHER OF THE JOKER
>....IM COOL
>>
>>92033884
shit, remember when they tried to scrub all trace of this from the net?
>>
>>92033917
it managed to be godawful even by the walkers' absurdly low standards

no wonder they tried to delete it from the internet
>>
>>92032468
yeah. don't recall which play through or even what part it was.

He said something along the lines of him influencing the way people review games with a comedic tone. Something like that. I could be remembering it wrong, but know it was enough for me to to not trust anything that he spouts off as fact.
>>
>>92033884
>I had to look up what you're talking about

I didn't even know this was a thing. .. holy shit Doug is a bad actor.

NC is the only character he seems to be able to pull off. And I'm assuming that's just Doug.
>>
File: 1402692087867.jpg (78KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
1402692087867.jpg
78KB, 604x453px
>>
>>92034319
He wants what he wants
>>
>>92034319

>seaworld

pfffptppfpfpfppfpffppfffffffff
>>
>>92024061
He is big enough, he even got to talk to TMS (Toshihiko Masuda, Kenji Hachizaki, Kazuhide Tomonaga and Hiroyuki Aoyama) & Ghibli (Hayao Miyazaki himself) staff.

Still, a money hat is a money hat.
>>92025124
And TLA is light years behind Animaniacs.
>>
>>91999945
> not understanding evolution
natural selection happens whether we feed the poor or not ex dee read up lel
>>
>>92027182
Yeah, he has a skill that's probably even harder to monetize than online reviews. Also I thought he graduated this month.
>>
>>92020584
Some strong opinions here: but I always enjoyed JesuOtaku, Lindsay, and Phelous the most
Brad seems chill I was just never into his kind of videos
>>
>>92020638
Rap Critic seems like a cool guy but his taste in rap is basically limited to "lyricalspiritualmiracle" type stuff. I mean, the guy unironically put Hopsin songs in his "Best of" lists more than once. It's his opinion at the end of the day but still
>>
>>92031998
The way it worked when Jon was still around was like this:
>They were playing
>Eventually one of them would notice the time
>Either one would say "I guess we have to stop now."
How it is now:
>They (Arin) are playing
>Arin is saying something
>Dan ALWAYS interrupts with something like "Yeah sure, next time on game grumps."
>>
how hot was nostalgia chick btw?
>>
>>92034256
it IS just doug
haven't you seen that by now?

>>92034319
he married it, so we'd wouldn't have to
>>
File: nostalgiachick.gif (751KB, 498x278px) Image search: [Google]
nostalgiachick.gif
751KB, 498x278px
>>92035826
>>
>A TGWTG thread is still up after 2 days
Are the hotpockets finally dead?
>>
>>92035826
>>92035931
I remember a weight gain manip of her that was really hot.
>>
>>92029118
Spoony's old stuff is gold. Shame he shat the bed so hard
>>
>>92035931
yeeeah my dude.

>>92036037
anyone have that?
>>
>>92036081
What happened to spoony?
>>92035931
Doesn't she hate NC?
>>
I like Oancitizen
>>
>>92036096
>>
I'm not really sure why people like this guy. I watch his Adventure Time videos because I'm a faggot interested in what people think of the show, and they're not bad but not really worth putting up with.

Also, I've seen some of the videos where he actually scripts stuff and tries telling actual jokes just not off the cuff, and it's unbelievably embarrassing. I don't know how people above the age of 14 can watch it and enjoy it. Just awkward to experience.
>>
>>92035931

So who got to rawdog her face on camera? make your best guess. I'm assuming it's Nella, who ate the dogs afterwards.
>>
File: wyatt erpp no.jpg (109KB, 575x370px) Image search: [Google]
wyatt erpp no.jpg
109KB, 575x370px
>>92036181
>>
File: 1491703054576.jpg (49KB, 557x468px) Image search: [Google]
1491703054576.jpg
49KB, 557x468px
>>92022965
Do you ever get so frightened that all you can do is make your eyes widen? And your mind goes blank? Yeah, don't bring this trash in here again, faggot.
>>
>>92034459
>And TLA is light years behind Animaniacs.
>episodic comedy cartoons coming anywhere near narrative-driven shows like TLA

lol
>>
>>92036125
>What happened to spoony?

He got depressed

>Doesn't she hate NC?

No. They are not very close anymore being that she left TGWTG but she doesn't hate him. She's embarrassed that movies like Suburban Knights and Kickassia are on her IMDb
>>
>>92036125
he just stopped putting up videos, like YEARS AGO and is just coasting on patreon money, which is at or under 1k a month now.

he used to be at 6k a month, time ago that was
>>
>>92034256
Doug is a bad actor and writer, which is why he has to rely on NC as a crutch
>>
>>92036125
Long story, can't do it justice with meme arrows, but

>Twitter drama with Lupa happens
>Still does okay for a while after that
>Moves in with new gf
>Starts pulling in $5k a month on patreon

And then,
>Some shit happens with him being bipolar
>Stops making reviews, only counter monkeys
>Eventually stops making videos altogether and does terrible livestreams where he bans people from the chat for no reason and jumps on people's nuts over anything. Eventually cuts off chat entirely
>Patreon money starts to plummet, drops below $2k a month
>Spoony is clearly having serious mental issues (legit ones, not meme ones), as he problem drinks and doesn't keep a consistent sleep schedule
>Spends all day bashing conservatives and throwing hissyfits on twitter
>Patreon is now below what he'd make with a wageslave job
>>
>>92035559
I don't think JesuOtaku does videos anymore. I keep up with Lindsay and Phelous
>>
>Doug Walker now relies on the nostalgia of his nostalgia critic character

wowie
>>
so, in the end, after some 10 years of existing

who on TGWTG made out on top besides Doug?
>>
>>92036376

>still calls himself Nostalgia Critic
>hasn't reviewed anything old in forever, only does newer shit
>>
>>92036377
I dunno, does AVGN count?
>>
>>92036377
Rob's wallet.
>>
>>92025287
Yada yada, but why is it every time a man says something "sj-ish" someone makes it out to be some woman influencing them?
>>
>>92036358
yeah, sadly she quit
I enjoyed her digimon stuff a lot, wish she had at least finished that but I also get she just really wanted to move on from video formatted stuff.

Lindsay's channel is honestly the one I most enjoy now, but I've been getting back into and catching up with Phelous
>>
File: G O O D.gif (2MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
G O O D.gif
2MB, 200x200px
>>92028752
Hit the nail right on the head.
>>
>>92036474

>but I also get she just really wanted to move on from video formatted stuff.

She writes for ANN now.

I don't know if that's a step up or down.
>>
>>92036744
shit, ANN still exists?

thats a step down, who doesn't get their info from (INSERT YOUTUBE POPULAR FAGGOT HERE) now?
>>
>>92036836

>shit, ANN still exists?

Yeah, she writes and and co-hosts the podcast now that Justin left.

And she's married to Zach. And got a sex change.
>>
>>92036377
didn't Angry Joe come from the TGWTG crew?
>>
>>92036474
It's weird someone wanting to get away from video formatted stuff and get into writing
>>
A reminder that LordKat still hates Spoony because he "blew LK's chance at being a real reviewer"
>>
>>92032516
>Painful divorce that ruined a friendship
He and Jillian are still friends
>painful follow up relationship that didn't pan out into a second marriage
The girl right after was a psycho who he dumped. She's the also the girl who lordkat groped on stream
>>
>>92036377
Pissed Off Pancho is arguably bigger than Doug.
>>
>>92036181
Well ... I asked for it.

>>92037084
how?
>>
>>91994141

>fan demand

Why hasn't he done mlp yet?

Also, his vlogs where he and sometimes his brother just give their straight reaction to the episodes are better than the actual Nostalgia Critic show.

I'd like to see him to vlog series for Star Vs. and Boy Meets World/Girl Meets World.

>>91997902

http://thatguywiththeglasses.wikia.com/wiki/Doug%27s_Top_20_Favorite_Movies
>>
>>91999621
>>92002594
Glad to see others pointing this out. I was in utter shock when I saw that review and he missed the point of the movie so fucking badly.
>>
>>92037633
I'm going to have to go back an re-watcht that one.
>>
>>92020584

Phelous
I wonder if he ever really liked Doug because he seems to love taking jabs at him
>>
>A TGWTG thread is going to autosage
Huh. First time for everything I guess
>>
>>92040089
I get the feeling that a lot of TGWTG people never liked Doug a whole lot. they don't hate him but Doug apparently has traits about him that keep him from being lovable.
>>
>>92040089
It went from being friendly to hostile through mismanagment and trust issues.
>>
>>92036399
He reviewed that Jack in the Beanstalk cartoon that was apparently from his childhood.
>>
So is Obscurus Lupa any good?
>>
>>92041342
It basically comes down to letting Rob and Mike, who are both giant assholes, run things, and not having enough spine to stand up for people.

Doug's not doing bad shit himself but he's turning his back at convenient times.
>>
I feel sorry for Doug Walker.

He obviously wants to be more than the Nostalgia Critic, but can't. I would like to say fate isn't on his side but I think he lacks the talent. That Demo Reel thing was a trainwreck, but stylistically it's not that different from his NC character. That's the problem. That kind (quality) of humour is a lot more palatable when it's just a guy making fun of bad films for fifteen minutes. When it's a team of people putting together skits it's just cringeworthy.
>>
>>92041576
I like her Subspecies and Tremors stuff. Also Radu Reviews.
>>
>>92041576

Her pre Movie Nights stuff is good.

Manic Episodes is pretty good too, her Charmed reviews are hilarious.
>>
>>92030505
"Devil Boner" is genuinely the worst bit he's ever done.
>>
>>92036377
Angry Joe's doing okay.
>>
>>92041864
I think Devil Boner fit pretty well in his review of Demolition Man.
>>
This thread is not /co related. It's an ad for some ugly looking cunts review channel.

Mods, do your dam job.
>>
>>92041955
Angry Joe is still relevant at least.
>>
File: nim.png (1MB, 1277x565px) Image search: [Google]
nim.png
1MB, 1277x565px
>>92041576
I'd lay her fursona
>>
>>92020584
Phelous, Lupa, and Brad are the best three, especially when they work together in some capacity.
CR is also really good, mainly if you like more obscure things
Diamanda Hagan is surprisingly entertaining.
Film Brain has his moments, as do Doug, Mike, and Lindsey.

Todd's an asshole and the worst of the bunch. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>92024553
What line?
Is it "Tell him I blame him for that piece of shit third season?"
>>
>>92041576
I like her in all the proxy stuff I see her in (Brad Jones, Phelous) at least
>>
>>92044395
Todd is everything that is loathesome about Lindsay without anything interesting to say to make up for it.
>>
>>92020584
I think Lindsey is really great, even to this day. I can't say I watched everyone on TGWTG, but as many other Anons have already said, CR's cool. Just wish he'd do more Familiar Faces more often.
>>
>>92044395
I gotta be honest, I can't STAND Phelous' voice and manner of speaking. He just sounds SO obnoxious.

Maybe he's a cool guy, though, that seems to be the gist I'm getting but I just can't stand listening to him.
>>
I wish CR had a patreon so I could throw him a couple bucks each month for more content, guy is fuckin' chill and literally kept me from jacking myself off to death.
>>
Let's take a moment to discuss the BEST member of the Channel Awesome family.
>>
>>92044972
I don't care for him anymore
>>
File: latest[2].jpg (79KB, 718x917px) Image search: [Google]
latest[2].jpg
79KB, 718x917px
>>92044972
He's great for the most part, but he's not the best.
>>
>>92036377
>>92036409

I vote AVGN, even if it was through association. James got to LIVE his dream of making his movie and releasing it internationally in theaters, and he is proud of it. People still watch his videos, and his kids finally got better.

He also got uncucked after he stood up to the Ghostbusters remake.
>>
>>92045445
I heard about his little girl's nerve damage. Shit was sad yo.
>>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bt2IYQE5O94&t=14m51s

Ever since she made those sex noises I've wanted to fuck her
>>
>>92045121
>>92044972
That' . Not Paul Dougan
>>
>>92041727
His path is the parallel foil to James.
James made movies almost his entire young adult life, living in his parents' house editing wedding videos in the early 2000s. But he got popular through youtube and was eventually found by gamtrailers and screwattack. James always has had a great appreciation for his fans. The same can be said a bit with RLM where the people behind it started in film and struck gold with their phantom menace review, and how they developed a following of fans and how they generally treat them.

Doug doesn't really care about the fans as much due to how his popularity grew off of a rabid following that he gave the middle finger to.
>>
>>92020584
I really warmed up to Lindsay once she had moved past the standard TGWTG style of review character. When she first started her style of humour was obnoxious, but as she went on her NChick character got more naturalistic to the point where it stopped being a character altogether and Lindsay just did videos as herself
>>
File: steel ball yum.jpg (48KB, 473x550px) Image search: [Google]
steel ball yum.jpg
48KB, 473x550px
>>92045570
But that shit got fixed. It is a happy ending, especially compared to many other e celebs!
>>
>>92045121
>>92044972
>The best member of tgwtg
>Not choosing benzaie
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j2z4a48VFH4
>>
>>92045740
For real?
>Check his Wiki and see he's got another little one on the way.

Shit man, James got a pretty good life.
>>
File: why avgn is the best.png (498KB, 634x614px) Image search: [Google]
why avgn is the best.png
498KB, 634x614px
>>92045902
He raised $20,000 off of auctioning his props and donated it to the hospital that cured his kid

He legit is the best e-celeb. Fitting that he is the first.
>>
>>92045994
Goddamn he's cool.
>>
>>92045800
whatever happened to him
>>
>>92041576
No, but I like her Baywatch series
>>
>>92036181

Id fuck that
>>
>>92045633
He was posting what HE thought the best member was, not yours
>>
>>92032096
Hey anon you're an asshole.
Haha if you deny it then it's true but if you don't deny it then it's also true.
>>
>>91997938
Your summation was better than the YouTube guy
>>
>>92046470
Same, Anon. Same.
>>
>>92044423
The one right after it from the black guy.
>>
>>92041727
Reminder that brad's april fools version of demo reel is way better.
>>
>>92002969
It sounds like he's going to be far less sympathetic to future entries.

Wondering how he'll treat Spoony since I know he used to be a fan.
>>
>>91994094
>reviewer
From what I can tell, this guy has shit opinions, and I have no reason to look for his input.
>>
His face makes me sad.
>>
Remember when he tried to kill the Nostalgia Critic persona and do "serious" comedy?
And failed so miserably he had to bury his dignity in the same grave and "revive" the Nostalgia Critic?
>>
>>91996303
Where would you put the Sage?
Because he's the only one I still watch.
>>
>>91999621
>Satire
>Makes fun of a few cliches while otherwise doing most action tropes completely straight
>B-But it points it out, so that makes it alright!
It was still a shitty action movie, it just happened to also be a fairly shit comedy that does the same job a drunk roomate might do better on a friday night watching Total Recall
>>
>>91997886
James is honestly a better reviewer than Doug when he's out of the Nerd persona.
I used to look forward every year to Monster Madness, and every time I get a notification of the channel uploading a video I'm quick to check if it's just James talking about movies.
>>
>>92031038
>controlling the time and being a bitch when Arin goes for some darker jokes.
I always saw Dan as the guy usually making the darker jokes but aight
>>
>>92045800
>Genuinely got me to play a shitty porn game with friends with a bottle of vodka
>Fucking died laughing whole night
Panties, Panties, Coo Coo Cachoo.
>>
>>92045994
I remember during the whole stupid "Irate Gamer" shit fest (I'd love to see someone try to make that shit happen now, with all the hundreds of identical shows out now) he was probably the chillest about it. Like, didn't give a fuck, and kept getting awkward cause people kept pointing it out to him.
>>
>>92031904
This. Is also a money-hungry whore.
I remember he did a stream with another guy who wouldn't take money from viewer because he was employed at the time. Benzaie rehosted the stream and wouldn't shut up about "hey, don't forget you can follow me and give me shit on my own personnal page".
At first the other guy snorted, probably because he thought he was being a jackass ironically, but it became awkward fast.
>>
>>92045994
Damn, i admit he's pretty cool.
>>
>>92020683
Sage seems like a cool guy IRL

Also who is CR?
>>
>>92050852
CR does short retrospectives of lesser characters in fiction, as well as reviews of short films and sometimes TCGs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiV8bHn5DZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pI_BER0CGJA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Rht25jlaAI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pg_tbOrztAI
>>
File: 0511.jpg (104KB, 900x638px) Image search: [Google]
0511.jpg
104KB, 900x638px
>>92050975
Thanks anon for the links
>>
>>92047720

IKR, right? She makes my dick DIAMONDS
>>
>>92030622
Best and purest Let's Player.
>>
>>91995091
That time he played that Simpsons game. Christ, that was fucking terrible.
>>
>>92028904
>>92028451
JO made fun of JewWario and his mourners after he died. There was also that time she made Nash buy a house even though he needed the money to take care of his dying dad, then kicked him out of said house so her new boyfriend could move in.
>>
>>92053265
Didn't someone else monetize their tribute video to JewWario? Joe, I think?
>>
>>91995091
Any of the ones with those fucking hack "actors" where it's 90% skits.

His It one was pretty bad in that respect.
>>
File: 1446495822008.jpg (583KB, 1280x989px) Image search: [Google]
1446495822008.jpg
583KB, 1280x989px
>>92053724
yeah he acted like he was a true friend to him or something along the lines.

I actually really do miss Justin, his series of videos were actually really great. Got me into Umihara Kawase and train simulators and tons of other neat little japan-only games.

Sweet, humble guy too. Really showed in his videos. Didn't try to do those types of reviews were it's like "ughhhh why must I review this GAAAAME". Just informative videos with small amounts of humor mixed in. It gives me incredible grief to know that he was suffering so much underneath all that.
>>
>>92020584
Todd In The Shadows is the only TGWTG contributor I still keep up with, mostly because his One Hit Wonderland videos are p interesting.

Brad Jones is chill af, but I never got too into his videos.
>>
>>92029212
I kinda stopped watching GG and switched over to OneyPlays after the Simpsons video, since they're genuinely funnier than anything GG has done in years.
>>
>>92054358
>funnier
They have 10 times as many racist and dick jokes. You have a strange definition of "funny".
>>
>>92054195
>Todd In The Shadows

I like him, but fuck can he get like Mr.Enter at times, sperging out at the mere mention of partydudebro behaviour.

>"woah, you're not kissing every woman's feet?"
>"Let me dedicate 20 minutes ranting about how you're worse than scum."
>>
>>92045800
just found out this guy regularly streams with pornstar king Manuel Ferrara.

what the actual fuck.
>>
>>92044972
James is bro-tier af
>>
File: aG03KOz_700b.jpg (53KB, 700x524px) Image search: [Google]
aG03KOz_700b.jpg
53KB, 700x524px
>>92054477
forgot my image
>>
>>91994094
Cause he's a faggot.
>>
>>92054421
>10 times as many racist and dick jokes
>a bad thing

>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>92054514
Fucking France.
>>
>>92053265
I didn't know about the JewWario thing but with the ouse things I hear many different accounts. No one's story has been consistent with another.
>>
>>92055100
Lots of hearsay and no verifiable sources will do that.
>>
>>92054477
Benzaie is deep into featuring guests, nearly all of his Hard Corner serie have those. Guess he remarked that those bring more views, thus money.
>>
>>92037547
I wouldn't mind him doing vlogs on Star Vs. the new Ben 10
>>
File: nope and why.png (181KB, 412x368px) Image search: [Google]
nope and why.png
181KB, 412x368px
>>92036867
>And got a sex change.
Wait, time out.
WHAT?!
>>
File: 177152[1].jpg (111KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
177152[1].jpg
111KB, 768x1024px
>>92055925
He did.
>>
>>92050152
That was pretty much his reaction to the Nostalgia Critic at first, too. Eventually, he gave in and decided to play along with the "rivalry" thing the guy was trying to force.
>>
i dont understand how threads about pan arent allowed but threads about this guy are
>>
>>92056184
this. I like Pan and I like the podcast

Please mods, give us back Pan Pizza
>>
>>92056036
Well that's something that I didn't see coming.
>>
>>92056215
Just wait, next week the podcast is going to talk about a real episode of Clarence that was canceled with the VA of Clarence.

I know there will be more than one thread about this.
Thread posts: 513
Thread images: 54

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.