[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished re watching this show, Fuck me it's Butch's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: DannyPhantomTitleCard.jpg (25KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
DannyPhantomTitleCard.jpg
25KB, 320x240px
Just finished re watching this show, Fuck me it's Butch's magnum opus and no one will tell me otherwise.

Although the ending felt sorta cheap.
>>
>>91990095
Season 1 and the first half of season 2 were great, but the episodes after The Ultimate Enemy sucked in my opinion. They should've ended it with the Ultimate Enemy, because they peaked there. There was nowhere to go but down after that
>>
>>91990095
It sure is great there's that year long marathon of the show going on, isn't it?
Really not shilling
>>
>>91990181
What marathon? I'm just a leaf who wanted to re watch a show he enjoyed watching as a kid.
>>
>>91990205
Every Saturday this year since the beginning of the year there's a thread where we watch one episode a week for the whole year. I think it's was at #16 yesterday.
>>
>Butch's Magnum Opus

That isn't saying much, his best individual Toon was the Oddparents pilot. FOP got bad pretty fast and Tuff puppy was never good.

Still, DP is really good, and I hope Butch can do something good again.
>>
Complete waste of potential and concept. The main cast of characters are unbearable. Any character with a hint of potential in them are typically wasted and only play one note. The comedy falls flat thanks to obvious outcomes and poor timing. The action is weightless and is a visual bore, thanks largely in part due to the animation and the style not lending itself to those aspects in any way.

You can call it Butch's magnum opus if you want, but that means so little when most of the work his name is attached to today is unequivocally poor, and what isn't doesn't stand out all that much anyway.
>>
>>91990441
You can have your shit opinion faggot.
>>
File: Danny and Val.jpg (186KB, 640x477px) Image search: [Google]
Danny and Val.jpg
186KB, 640x477px
>>
>>91990510
disgusting
>>
File: 1463973978019.png (18KB, 464x485px) Image search: [Google]
1463973978019.png
18KB, 464x485px
>>91990395
After just watching Phantom Planet, I don't think making a continuation of this show is going to be a good idea. I really liked the aspect of Danny keeping his second half a secret. Oh and that whole 10 Years later ordeal is pretty much a why for me.

>>91990441
That is very much true on the action aspect, But i do believe that Butch's art style can lend itself well into action scenes, But that's only if he does another "action" show and actually gets people that know how to make some good choreographed sequences, Speaking as a animator.
>>
>>91990095
>Butch Hartman really wanted to make a Spider-Man cartoon: the series
>>
>>91990732
Pretty much.
>>
File: IMG_2109.jpg (175KB, 623x794px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2109.jpg
175KB, 623x794px
>>91990510
>>91990536
>>
>>91990475
They aren't wrong about the unbearable main cast

I couldn't stand Sam or Tucker most of the time
>>
>>91990571
I actually thought of an idea for how season 4 would start. Basically it's an episode where Danny has to help Desiree who gives him a twist free wish as thanks, and wishes for the whole world to forget his secret identity outside a few select people. This time, however, he chooses to keep his parents knowing about his secret, who tru to invent things to help him in his fights as well as occasionally join him.
>>
>>91990732
He stated Johnny Quest was a big inspiration for him, actually.
>>
>>91991176
Sam had her moments, but Tucker was literally just "I like technology".
>>
>>91990510
christ i forgot how thicc she was
>>
>>91990358
The problem with that system is Saturday is one of our least active days. And they start it late at night.
>>
>>91991090
It should be illegal to make a song for a TV show and not release a full version of it.
>>
>>91994515
What would you suggest then? Genuinely curious what your input on this is.
>>
>>91994665
I can name a few shows I really want the background music from but know I will never have it. Most prominent that comes to mind is the dub of Kirby Right Back at Ya surprisingly enough.
>>
Song of Lust
>>
>>91990095

It was a competent cartoon and had an interesting premise, but Hartman and his team couldn't handle character development or story arcs correctly.

The best written character in the show (Valerie) gets shoved into the background to make room to force feed you same and spam Vlad all over the place.
>>
>>91996207
I honestly think that's literally all they made,
also we did have a glimse into the full song in this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5DvZ18vHT8
Perhaps we can rally to get the full song out.

>>91996270
Totally, Vlad overstayed his welcome.
>>
>>91996207
Obligatory Cybersix response
>>
File: waifudesu.png (97KB, 424x800px) Image search: [Google]
waifudesu.png
97KB, 424x800px
>>
Danny Phantom was great until Ultimate Enemy, I used to want a movie with Future Danny attacking again but now, I hope it doesn't get the greenlight
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.