[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Firestorm has been a mess since the nineties. If DC relaunches

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: images (2).jpg (31KB, 324x454px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
31KB, 324x454px
Firestorm has been a mess since the nineties. If DC relaunches Firestorm in the next wave of rebirth, which creative team would you want on the title? What should the concept be this time?

Similarly, which creative teams would you like to see for Hawkman and Martian Manhunter?
>>
he had a story in heros of tomorrow the trade paperback is out now.
>>
IMO Firestorm was best in his original 70's run. It was a bit of a Spider-Man clone, but with some twists. Ronnie was a football star, but he was a really nice guy, and some know-it-all fucker was always trying to make life hell for him because he didn't like jocks. He was a smart kid but had to struggle to make sure his grades were great. And he didn't have a really present father figure, so Martin Stein filled that role.

It'd be cool if it were taken back to those roots, with the same or new characters, and all the others who've used the name worked into the story like with Starman or Blue Beetle.
>>
>>91988450
I liked the Jason Rusch Firestorm, I felt like that had more mileage to it and enjoyed the twist that he could fuse with anyone.

I did enjoy what I read of the Jason/Ronnie fusion.
>>
The idea of two guys in one body is not cool. Firestorm will never be a hit.
>>
>>91988450
At a recent con, Seeley expressed interest in writing him, and I would be totally okay with that.
Hawkman: Jeff Parker
Martian Manhunter: Tomasi and Gleason (Gleason is pretty great at drawing weird things and aliens)
>>
Needs some rogues that aren't complete shit
>>
>>91989598
they are making the only good one a hero
>>
>>91989820
There are more than one Killer Frost and the one who's now a hero isn't even the one that was Firestorm's enemy.
>>
>>91988450
Firestorm just has never been great. No need to bother with him, he's had his chance.
>>
>>91988450
Mike Carey had a cool concept and he had even written the scripts, but the book got cancelled because Raspler, who was the editor, left DC. Someone who can do the teenage protagonist drama and make good use of Firestorm's powers would be great. It would be not possible, but I would love Morrison writing a Firestorm run.
Brandon Graham, Azzarello or Gillen for Hawkman with his reincarnation playing a part.
Lemire and Foreman or Gleason on Martian Manhunter.

>>91988875
I liked the Ostrander run as well. Something like Starman would be great. They need to kill and let go off of the previous recipients and get some new protagonists for the Firestorm matrix. Maybe Ronnie's mom should be one.
>>
>>91989321
I agree, they should replace the secnd dude with a wise-cracking AI or something.
>>
>>91989321
What if Firestorm was half woke black teen, half racist old white guy?
It would be a hilarious dynamic
>>
>>91990289
>Mike Carey had a cool concept

Shame this didn't happen
http://firestormfan.com/2010/04/28/the-firestorm-series-that-almost-was-2003/
>>
Apparently Firestorm once tussled with a group called the 2000 Committee, who were trying to take over the country by the turn of the millennium. So what if they did? Some paranoid old scientist, possibly a former member of the Committee, kidnaps a hapless teen who has unknowingly lived his entire life under their control and ropes him into this national/global conspiracy.
>>
>>91988450
Here is an idea I had, inspired by Quantum Leap
Ronnie or Jason (I don't care who), would be the only constant of Firestorm. The matrix would have a sentient mind, and it would leap around Earth, always fusing Ronnie with someone who needed to solve a particular problem. It could be stopping a villain, averting a natural disaster, catching a plane, or whatever. The two minds would have to work together. The stronger the connection, the stronger Firestorm gets.
>>
File: justice league action firestorm.png (96KB, 400x206px) Image search: [Google]
justice league action firestorm.png
96KB, 400x206px
>>91988450
Just make him like JLA Firestorm.
>>
>>91993750
THE HEAT IS ON
>>
>>91989993
Uh, what? Crystal has definitely fought Firestorm in N52. Go check The Nuclear Men #18-19.
>>
>>91988450
Killer Frost is more popular.
>>
>>91995756
You mean Caitlyn, right? I don't think Crystal has appeared, outside Blackest Night, since pre-Crisis.
>>
>>91996016
Yeah, I meant Caitlin. Sorry.
>>
Get a high concept writer. Currently DC has none who is capable of delivering that. Get someone from the outside and let them go free over their own thing. It's not like the previous run in firestorm was worth remembering.
>>
File: GEODUDE.png (14KB, 1063x405px) Image search: [Google]
GEODUDE.png
14KB, 1063x405px
>>91988450
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.