[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

this was PRETTY FUCKING GREAT >a MCU movie with a good villain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 508
Thread images: 33

File: gotg2.jpg (46KB, 656x281px) Image search: [Google]
gotg2.jpg
46KB, 656x281px
this was PRETTY FUCKING GREAT

>a MCU movie with a good villain
>a team movie that gives plenty of screen time to everyone AND adds new people to the roster AND has actual emotional character development
>best fucking Stan Lee cameo in movie history, bar none

there's not much action in it I guess. but great movie overall. it feels much 'fresher' than the latest MCU offerings. I enjoyed Dr Strange very much but it felt was incredibly formulaic and I was beginning to feel burnt out from all these endless MCU movies and post-credits teases and Infinity Stones.

GotG2 has none of that. I dunno if it's as good as the original yet but it's definitely up there in my Actually Good MCU Movies along with GotG1, Winter Soldier and Iron Man.

ask a Pedro shit about the movie I guess. I was a pretty big fan of the original Giffen/DnA run so I can offer some perspective on that. also my name is actually Pedro.
>>
I won't see it for a while, but I honestly have no idea who the villain is and I'm okay with that.
>>
>>91965331

Agreed, felt like a breath of fresh air from the usual Marvel formula and IMO Gunn went to town with the movie.

I'd say it is one of the best entries in MCU up there with Iron Man and Winter Soldier.

>>91965397

You wish
>>
>>91965331
I'm feeling inclined to say the first one was better desu. But if you liked the first one you'll definitely like the second. If you're a DnA-fag then you won't be happy.

Felt like everything had to end with a joke. Some scenes felt like actual comedy skits.

Mantis was there to further the plot and comic relief.

The Sovereign didn't get much focus but enough to set them up for Vol. 3.

But I did like how it was more character-driven and Ego was an intriguing villain for once. A lot of the jokes were actually funny and worked, the music worked too.
>>
>>91965628

I went in fully blind pretty much. I knew Kurt Russell was playing Peter Quill's dad, I was very confused when he stated the name of his character, and after about 50 minutes of movie a bunch of characters were doing their own things but I still had no idea who the villain was though in hindsight it was obvious.

it all ties up rather nicely and manages to avoid most of the formulaic stuff.
>>
I saw it today but i think is kind of mean to discuss it as the ameri bros have to wait a whole week to see it.

that being said. i think the first hour was pretty slow paced and with too cartoonish comedy, after that it was pretty fucking great.
>>
I liked that it felt more personal and the villain was better than 90% of other Marvel villains, if only because his motivation was interesting

Also did anyone think Yondu was OP as fuck, he seemed like he could take on the Avengers himself with that fucking arrow
>>
>>91965331
>this was PRETTY FUCKING GREAT

Why lie?
>>
>>91966167
yondu was op as fuck the man soloed most of the ship's crew with that arrow
>>
I hope /co/ hasn't talked this movie to death by the time I actually get to see it.

Fucking Jewlywood letting furriners see our movies before we get them ourselves.
>>
>>91966167
>>91966223
It's not like the Ravagers are a big threat
>>
>>91966223
>>91966167
he WAS op as fuck
I saw his foster father arc and death coming a mile away but it was so well done that i truly felt for peter being over emotional for him in contrast with ego. yondu and mantis where the best.
>>
>>91966313
numbers account for a lot
>>
>>91966360
mantis is ugly
>>
>>91966167
Yondu was OP as fuck in the last movie as well. Arrow 2 stronk.
>>
Watched it yesterday this were my impressions:

Second half >> First half.

Which is good since most of the dramatic stuff happens at the end and Ego being all cool dad works really well with the goofy atmosphere.
The first two acts are everything /co/ despises about the Guardians as a product: bad jokes, goody characterizations, baby groot, poop jokes, nearly every line is a quip, Gamora being boring, Drax being autistic, Quill being a goofball, Rocket an asshole for no reason. But damn, after they land in ego the movies turns a 180ยบ for the better and everything becomes really pleasant to watch, it feels fresh, and most importantly it balances comedy with seriousness very well.
I loved Rocket, Mantis, Yondu, Ego and Nebula in this. Ego was legitimately the best MCU villain since Loki. Aside of the added jokey personality that was pretty cool actually, the characterization was on point with the comics, he actually had a personality and his motivations were on par with it. I even dare to say that if you don't like him in the movie you just don't like Ego. Ayesha is decent and with her hair down and distressed after she fails repeatedly made my dick diamonds.
Gamora was shit once again. Nebula stole their arc. Baby Groot was a lot less annoying than I thought. Peter and Drax weren't bad, but the other characters just outshined them, especially Drax who didn't do much anyways. Loved the part where Peter reminds the good times with his friends and mom, that part along Yondu's sacrifice got my eyes wet. Solid work from Pratt.

The first movie feels better overall, but the second delivers a solid emotional angle and establishes the family dynamic a lot better.
I'm hyped for original Guardians and Warlock.
>>
>>91966167
He could take on the entire Chitauri armada alone. Even Ronan with the stone since he has superior range.
>>
>>91966399
DELETE THIS!

She's beautiful in the inside.
>>
>>91966607
>tfw when i'm a retard and i had the impression Ego was just marvel version of that green lantern planet so him being a villain was a surprise for me
>>
>>91966607
the only part in the movie that was a bit too on the nose for me was the pacman
>>
>>91966765
>pacman
>zune
>ford
marvel pls have some integrity
>>
>>91966796
>>zune
the fucks a zune
>>
>>91966765
it reminded me of fucking adam sandler and i got mad for a moment
>>
>>91966796
I liked the zune bit since the guy thought it was popular back on earth when in reality that shit bombed hard and dropped out of the market after like a year
I missed the ford reference though

>>91966812
microsoft's answer to the ipod, total market failure
>>
>>91966765
I liked Pac-Man it's something Movie-Lord would do. I also give them kudos for foreshadowing.

>>91966812
Exactly.

Next movie he's probably getting an iPod.
>>
>>91966765
Should have been Skeletor
>>
>>91966880
while getting out of the theater i told a friend how microsoft should do a special edition of those in an artificial nostalgia stunt and how they will probably get away with it.
>>
>>91966880
>I missed the ford reference though
it wasn't a reference, it was just placement
back on earth when Ego's egg is attacking the area, when he gets defeated and the shit on earth stops spreading, there's a car right on the edge of it and it's shown to be a Ford
Dairy Queen was shit too
why did it even need to cut back to earth? that shit was unnecessary
>>
>>91966967
>why did it even need to cut back to earth? that shit was unnecessary
Not really.

It shows how his plant worked and the Earth didn't have the absolute focus of the scene, it was just one of all the worlds that were being terraformed by Ego.
>>
>>91966796

The Zune was great.

>>91966726

I knew Ego was a villain from the get go, but then again I knew he was not a person, not a Celestial, and not Star-Lord's dad. I figured they were making him also not a villain.
>>
>>91966967
Disgusting, I went outside earlier and every car I saw had product placement on it.

The people in the car were Peter's grandparents, or his Aunt and Uncle. Whoever the guy with him in the hospital in the first one is.
>>
>Yondu got Peter an obsolete piece of shit tech that was 2nd rate even when it came out

we get it, yondu is peter's dad you don't need to hammer it in
>>
File: 1492982787449.jpg (60KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
1492982787449.jpg
60KB, 500x313px
MANTIS LOOK OUT
>>
>>91967127
>>91967127
I thought it was nice. Symbolism for progression both the team and the individual members.
>>
>>91967172
>guardians 1 hooked on a feeling
>guardians 2 had actual hasselhof
>guardians 3 ?
>>
>>91967172
whatever song were popular in the 90's and 00's with peter being visibly aggravated at the pop and boy bands
>>
What are the must-have songs for "Volume 3"? It's the last one with Quill and company, and once they go the music gimmick will probably go with them.
>>
>>91967291
>with peter being visibly aggravated at the pop and boy bands
That may happen in IW when he comes back to Earth.
>>
>Drax's pronunciation of the batteries
topkek
>>
>>91967311
well I mean he has a zune with 300 songs on it, I doubt every song is before the 90s
>>
Do you think there's any chance of them using Peter's element gun or depleted cosmic cube at some point?
>>
>>91967278
GotG's signature song was "Hooked on a Feeling" and GotG2's signature song is definitely "The Chain".
>>
Literally Mantis.
>>
>>91967415
literally who
/a/ pls go
>>
>>91967386
>>91967311
>Guardians 3
>Mainframe wants to show Peter music from Earth
>puts on a Miley Cyrus song
>"damn it sucks"
>>
>>91967394
I say the Cosmic Cube has a better chance since Gunn takes most of Peter's characterization from DnA and his own interpretation.
>>
>>91967302
Another Girl, Another Planet
>>
>>91967394
They have a route into the cosmic cube from this movie.
>>
>Adam Warlock next movie
>Richard seemingly gets introduced in Captain Marvel
The hype is real.
>>
what was the after credit?
>>
>>91967632
there were 5 but only 2 were important
>>
taserface wasn't funny and went on for far too long, and then they did it again later
>>
>>91967674
Felt like they were forcing a meme.
>>
>>91967721
it was Gunn taking the total piss out of Taserface because when the first movie came out he said how dumb Taserface was and joked about him being the next big star in the franchise, then the actual madman actually did it
>>
>>91967674
there were a bunch of bits like this where i recalled the "writtend and directed by james gunn" part.
>>
>>91967811
That's what I said. He was forcing his "look taserface it's totally lame!!" meme.

Funny thing he was more brutal than Ultron.
>>
>>91967632

>Adam Warlock is being 'made'
>Starhawk (Stallone) gets the old GotG back together
>Groot grows into a teenager
>Kraglin comedy scene
>a lil bit more Stan Lee - you also see him during the main movie
>>
>>91967398
After watching the movie I got the impression it was Brandy (you're a fine girl)
>>
>>91967674
True, but that was the only one I found annoying. Pic related on the other hand...
>>
>>91966796
http://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/apple-seen-as-disney-buyer-by-wall-street-malone-2017-3-1001866926-1001866926
>>
>>91965331
Just saw it for the second time and I agree. The movie is pretty good. Enjoyed it more than any Phase 3 movie so far, especially Doctor Strange.
>>
>>91965331
I'm not failing for this MCU movie bullshit bait again.

I'll just wait for the Torrent

The "fathers" premises seems retarded and not worth the ticket price
>>
>>91965331

Same here, its a great 9/10 Movie
>>
>Don't believe in yourself. Believe in me that believes in you!
W-Was this what I think it was?
>>
>>91967458
>Guardians 3
>Mainframe wants to show Peter music from Earth
>puts on a Miley Cyrus song
>"damn it sucks"

I need this so much.
>>
>>91969876

Go and watch it in the cinema.
Our Disney Overlords require more shekels.
>>
>>91970112
is that a TTGL reference
>>
>dick jokes
>sex jokes
>poo jokes
>piss jokes
>Peter is still a manchild
>Peter x Gamora
>the Sovereign playing arcade machines
>Pac-Man
>James Gunn's brother
>Taserface
>Drax laughs in every scene
>Mantis was pure comic relief and plot device
>sometimes what you've been looking for has been right in front of you all along
Marvel Studios does it again!
>>
>>91969268
Going by TV advertisements it's Fox on the Run
>>
I actually thought the movie was kind of shit.

Too much comedy and meme music. Maybe I'll like it more on a second viewing. Thr first movie was funny, this movie was just "sensitive nipples" and "pillow turd"
>>
>>91965331
I didn't mind the humor as a whole, but it had a weird tendency to undercut scenes that were actually dramatic or tense.
I didn't need Ego turning into David Hasselhoff for 5 seconds directly after revealing that he killed Peter's mom.
I didn't need Peter turning into a giant pacman while fighting Ego.
Most of all I didn't need a fucking Zune player add in the middle of Yondu's funeral.

Gunn needs to pull his shit together for the third part, because this is dangerously close to turning into the sort of shit DCucks actually think MArvel movies are.
>>
>>91966167
His motivation was awful. It made no sense.
>>
>>91972031
It was shit, marvel fanboys are blind
>>
>>91972184
His name is literally Ego, and he is full of himself throughout the entire movie
Of course his ultimate goal is to turn the entire galaxy into him, he is that egotistical
>>91972106
The Pacman was at least foreshadowed, and was a neat visual of their different approaches to their power. Peter builds the stuff he wants to see because he thinks its cool, Ego just makes himself because that's all he can think of
>>
Gamora and Nebula are going to kill Thanos.
>>
>>91972193
It was good, marvel haters are blind.
>>
>>91965331
I thought it wasnt that good. Most of the character arcs made no sense really. Why was Rocket suddenly an asshole? Why did Gamora and Quill like each other at all? How did Yondu know everything about rocket after spending maybe 20 minutes with him? Why did Ego need Quill if he was just channeling Ego's own light/power? Wouldnt he not lose his powers at the end if he had any extra power for Ego to use? And this is just off the top of my head. Not to mention some terrible greenscreen shots in there.
>>
>>91972219
So his name is an excuse for his pointless heel turn? Also the fact he made quill, someone like him, negates the whole motivation of his heel turn.
>>
>>91972262
Nah
>>
I would have liked it so much more if they'd dialed back on the fucking jokes. They took the impact out of some good scenes and some like taserface and bullying rocket went on for too long to keep on being funny. I'm glad the second half wasn't as extreme but still. Overall it was a fun movie.
>>
>>91972397
Rocket was always an asshole, it just came up more in this movie because they're supposed to have moved past being snarky dicks to each other, but Rocket still does because he can't bear getting emotionally close to someone
Quill's always been after Gamora since he saw her, Gamora just came around in this movie after nearly seeing him die
Yondu knew everything about Rocket because he saw himself in him. They literally say this, Yondu knows why Rocket acts the way he does because Yondu does the exact same to the people he cares about
Ego needed Quill as a battery. You know, that constantly repeated theme from the start of the movie, that again Ego literally says when Quill tries to turn against him
And Ego pointed out that Quill only had his powers so long as the planet was alive, at the end they blew up Ego's brain and the planet started to blow up. No more planet, no more powers
This is basic shit, most of which is explained in the actual movie. You can't call something not that good if you don't pay attention
>>
>>91972422
Yeah, it was. I'm critical of marvel. They make average movies, forgettable. This was no exception, but it was enjoyable. Worth watching twice? Maybe not. Worth watching once? Absolutely.
>>
>>91972409
There was never a 'heel turn', he always an egotistical dickhead who was planning to use Quill for his powers. The only thing that mattered was whether or not he could convince Quill to do it willingly or not
And that's the point of the movie, Ego didn't want a son, he wanted more of himself, making him a shitty father. Yondu respected Peter's choice to try and be something different
>>
>>91972250
Do you think this is how the Guardians tie into Infinity War? Drax also wants to kill Thanos by the end of the first movie since he sees Ronan as merely a puppet of Thanos.

>>91966888
>>91972219
How was the Pac-Man thing foreshadowed?

>>91972397
>Why was Rocket suddenly an asshole?
He was always an asshole. It allowed him to have that 'moment' with Yondu, too.

>Why did Gamora and Quill like each other at all?
I hate this ship. I didn't mind it throughout the movie and the first since it was more of Peter trying to get with her while she had no desire whatsoever but then at the end she kind of admits she's into him and it killed it for me. Forced as fuck.

>How did Yondu know everything about rocket after spending maybe 20 minutes with him?
Because they're so similar. Or he was just projecting - Yondu was going through some real emotional stuff. Also did you forget they were in the Ravager's prison together for so long? They bonded.

>Why did Ego need Quill if he was just channeling Ego's own light/power?
He couldn't do it himself, he needed someone else to harness the power. All those children that came before Quill didn't contain his Celestial genes, but Peter did.

>Wouldnt he not lose his powers at the end if he had any extra power for Ego to use?
'He' who?
>>
>>91972409
>Also the fact he made quill, someone like him, negates the whole motivation of his heel turn.
The only reason he had a kid was to further his own power. The second Peter expresses a thought contrary to Ego's plan, Papa Ego says he's going to use Peter as a thousand year battery.
>>
>>91972458
>Drax also wants to kill Thanos by the end of the first movie since he sees Ronan as merely a puppet of Thanos.

???
>>
>>91972458
>How was the Pac-Man thing foreshadowed?
Peter mentions building a statue of Pacman, Skeletor and some other dude who's name I didn't catch when I watched it
Its otherwise a pretty throwaway joke about Peter being a nostalgic manchild with his powers, but the fact its what he thought of to fight his dad elevates it a litte
And I hope that the Guardians actually get into the Infinity War purely to save the galaxy. They've done it twice now, a third save will really let them start charging the big bucks
That and there's just something inherently amusing about this band of assholes being the most experienced group of heroes showing up
>>
>>91972477
>and some other dude who's name I didn't catch
Heather Locklear
>>
>>91967124
They're actually James Gunn's parents.
>>
>>91965331
I can't believe Yondu is a better movie dad than Pa Kent now. Like, holy shit.
>>
File: Kek.gif (3MB, 640x266px) Image search: [Google]
Kek.gif
3MB, 640x266px
>>91972566
>Yondu is a better movie dad than Pa Kent
Oh shit, its true. That has no right to be as funny as it is
>>
>>91972475
Throughout the first movie Drax has been on a mission to kill Ronan to avenge his family, and then at the end Gamora says he should feel content knowing Ronan is dead, to which Drax replies 'Ronan was only a puppet. It's really Thanos I need to kill.'
>>
>>91972644
Did Ronan die? Must have lost interest in the movie by that point. I just remember Thanos saying boy.
>>
>>91972676
>Did Ronan die?
Yes. There was a dance-off and everything.
>>
>>91972714
What happened to his stone then? I thought the dance off thing was a meme advert thing. I should probably watch more than 70% of a movie. I get so drunk and bored though. I was wanting to see Thanos bitch slap Ronan in another movie. Sad.
>>
Anyone have screenshots of the Sovereign women. Holy hell they were hot as fuck.
>>
>>91972741
Nova Corp got it
>>
>>91972749
Oh yeah, I just watched a cam rip of vol 2 and that was said. I'm a bit slow, sorry. Interestingly, I watched 2 to the end.
>>
Drax fucking killed it in this movie. Dave Bautista is a pretty funny guy. I hope he's able to shift to being a movie star like Dwayne Johnson.
>>
>>91965331
Literally shilling tactic 101. This is said every time a new MCU movie comes out. Only a drone would believe it.
>>
>>91965331
Too many poop jokes. Then Batista just kept laughing like a retard and it looped back to being funny.
>>
>>91972799
I have to admit he was great. I usually hate the constant stream of humour but every time Drax started laughing I couldn't help but join. When Mantis revealed Quills love for Gamora and Drax started laughing I was absorbed by it.
>>
>>91966967
To set up a confrontation with the Avengers in the future
>>
>>91965331
Just back from the cinema, it's literally a meme movie, taylor made for reddit
>>
>>91972813
Calling things shilling is literally what a rival shill does. You are discrediting something to make other things seem better. You are a DC shill.
>>
>>91972813
>DUDE MOM FUCKED A PLANET LMAO
>DUDE POOP LMAO
Marvelfags will defend this.
>>
File: BomNnGF.gif (1MB, 227x152px) Image search: [Google]
BomNnGF.gif
1MB, 227x152px
>>91972869
>taylor made
>>
File: laughing_fish_by_evelynism.jpg (62KB, 800x370px) Image search: [Google]
laughing_fish_by_evelynism.jpg
62KB, 800x370px
>>91967249
>>
Patiently waiting for my favorite critic to tear this movie a new one.
>>
>>91972902
I'm 99% certain this is bait
>>
>>91972876
Yeah alright buddy but you know what I'm saying is true. Since Age of Ultron every time a new movie comes out, it ha a """""''""""'good villain"""""''""""' but so far it has never been true. Only sort of good villain in MCU is Loki and it's not because of good writing rather because Hiddleston gives a good performance. There will never be a good villain in Marvel movie because they are going to stay being formulaic mediocre popcorn big budget films.
There's nothing wrong with that, these movies are what they are but don't try to pretend and hype them up otherwise.
>>
>>91965331
this was PRETTY FUCKING MEH
>>
>>91972946
>new DC movie is trashed by critics
>yeah critics are right, it's shit
>new Marvel movie is declared mediocre by critics
>yeah critics are wrong, movie is a masterpiece
What did marvelfag mean by this?
>>
>>91972931
I agree that Marvels villains are shit but shouting shill every time someone disagrees is retarded. Why would a shill waste time here when he could be on reddit or facebook? The culture of 4chan is to hate and shilling would be a waste of time. You need to leave 4chan for a few months at least. Your mind is warped.
>>
>>91972931
Obadiah was pretty great. I think they gave up after Whiplash.
>>
>>91973012
Obadiah was good up until the end where he goes full retard and becomes a cartoon villain.
>>
>>91972106
Actual Zune players been discontinued since 2012, no one's advertising in your movie.
>>
>>91973038
So it was just another shitty joke at a bad time?
>>
>>91973059
Someone else said it upthread, it was a joke about an out of touch father buying a less popular product for his son. It's subjective. I liked it. I can see why others might not. Laughing is hard when you hate yourself and blame everyone else.
>>
>>91965331
>Good vilain
I liked the movie, but come on.
He literaly foiled his own plan.
>>
File: 6SMOq.jpg (503KB, 2109x1439px) Image search: [Google]
6SMOq.jpg
503KB, 2109x1439px
>>91965331

>Thought the first was ok, too many jokes but the cosmic aspect interested me
>Read pic related
>whatitcouldhavebeen.jpg

Fuck Quippers of Reddit
>>
>>91973102
Thanos Imperative was great. Was that Starlin?
>>
>>91973080
I guess that's why people dislike Adam Sandler's comedic stylings too.
They're just not enlightened individuals such as yourself.
>>
>>91972990
really makes u think
>>
>>91973182
If you can't be amused then I can't help ya. I'll be the guy not brooding in the corner. Learn to laugh m8, life is much more fun when you aren't a prick.
>>
File: lup-14236-r-1490315068778_1280w.jpg (167KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
lup-14236-r-1490315068778_1280w.jpg
167KB, 1280x720px
>>91965331
>tfw you're happily enjoying all the silly jokes and then suddenly the "playing catch" scene happens and they ram you with the feels train
>>
>>91973222
Just like GotG Vol.2 you are trying way too hard right now, buddy.
>>
>>91973241
What exactly do you imagine I am trying to do? I'm interested now.
>>
>>91965331
A substantial character actually dies and it actually hurts me inside.
>>
>>91973258
Here's a little hint, free of charge:
People that need to tell everyone how happy and above it all they are, are usually only trying to convince themselves.
Hey man, it's okay.
Sometimes you need to feel down. All part of the human experience.

Even your buddy Star-Lord cries sometimes.
>>
>>91972184
He's practically a god.
Gods gonna god and all that.
>>
>>91973335
Classic. You want to drag me down. I never said I was happy, I said life is fun when you aren't a prick.

Having fun doesn't exclude introspection and depression. Being a cunt to everyone and about everything DOES exclude having fun though. Think about it lad. I wish you the best.
>>
>>91972741
Wow, your bad boy attitude has really impressed me. If only I could be as cool as you when watching movies.

Seems like you've got ADHD, lad.
>>
>>91972799
It makes me happy to see Drax finally happy surrounded by friends. His little story about his wife was heart warming too.
>>
>>91973397
My ritalin agrees
>>
>Cancerverse teaser in the beginning (they did the exact some stuff in DnA GotG when looking for weird dimensional anomalies)
>great villain with great motivations
>Warlock/Magus will make for a great emotional impact and villain
This movie really need to kill some minutes off of the Ego planet moments, felt like they were there for far too long. They needed to add more time to exploring the galaxies a bit.

Some jokes were taken way too far. (Hasselhoff and Pac-Man for example)

But otherwise it was pretty great but I feel I enjoyed the first one far more.
>>
>>91973432
Warlock/Magus is not going to happen any time soon. I hope he proves popular enugh to get a movie though. If Thanos lives through infinity then I can see a great team up movie, Guardians/Buddy cops style.
>>
>>91973432
The Hasselhoff cameo was a bit much, but also perfectly in character for Ego to taunt someone with their deepest childhood insecurity.
Pac Man works for the brief shot we get of it, purely because its juxtaposed against Ego's giant rock statue of himself. It's a callback to that scene where Peter talks about what he wants to do with his power, he wants to make stuff he thinks is cool while all Ego wants to do is make more of himself because he's a selfish egotistical dick
>>
>>91973454
He's been confirmed for GotG3 but shot down for Infinity War by Feige I believe but they have big plans for him in the future, which makes sense.
>>
>>91973496
No warlock for infinity? wtf? He was the fucking orchestrator of Thanos' downfall (ignoring Thanos' Thanosities)
>>
>>91973102
>waaaah why did they changed the characters personalities from my favorite period that changed most of the characters personalities! Muh faithfulness!
Just fucking kill yourself already you cuck.
>>
I can't remember Drax doing anything of import except AAAAAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH-ing a lot
>>
>>91973387
>I said life is fun when you aren't a prick.
Maybe it's time to take your own advice then.
Because the way you're writing it sure doesn't seem like you're having fun. I mean you got into a pissing contest over basically nothing.
>>
>>91973603
His bonding with Mantis and everything after that is important. The movie is character driven and not plot driven, in case it flew over your head.
>>
>>91973603
His friendship with Mantis to the point where she felt like she could expose Ego's true nature, I guess.
>>
>>91973666
But pissing contests are fun my man. The trick is to not actually be pathetic enough to be insulted! Simple!
>>
Not to sound like prude, but for a movie that people take their kids to see a talking racoon, they sure put a lot of sex jokes in there.
I mean, the first one had its moments, but in this one it almost seemed like they defaulted on raunchy humor here.
Maybe James Gunn shouldn't write these films by himself. He's kind of a pervezoid after all.
>>
>>91973603
I do think it's a shame that he doesn't get to do much in a fight, despite supposedly being a great warrior
>>
The movie was more of a comedy than an action-comedy like the first. And how much you like the comedy will depend on how much you like Drax being comic relief
>>
>>91973717
Once again: you seem easily amused. But then again, you are the core demographic here.
>>
>>91973737
>sensitive nipples
>single handedly defeated the beast from the inside
>mispronouncing the batteries
>famously huge turds
>laughing at Mantis reading Quill's emotions
>every single scene with Mantis
toppest of keks
>>
>>91973675
Drax was severely underutilized. Rocket and Yondu, Gamora and Nebula, Peter and his dad all had some meaningful development playing off one another but their interactions but were backed up by actions that actually drove the plot forward.

Drax did almost jack shit except crank out joke after joke. He was babby-Groot tier in this flick.

>>91973690
Does that even matter that much when Gamora's set piece had the much better reveal?
>>
>>91973749
Being entertained by entertaining things is a cursed existence, if only I could be a sour and bitter little tit as well. Tell me about yourself.
>>
>>91973774
>Does that even matter that much when Gamora's set piece had the much better reveal?
But with Gamora and Nebula discovering the bones they don't actually know the 'why' behind them, which Mantis divulges to Drax. They both happen simultaneously for a more impactful reveal.
>>
>>91973774
Drax started up a surrogate daughter relationship with Mantis
Its awkward and a lot of it was played for laughs, but you really see Drax the loving father during their scenes, as opposed to Drax the Destroyer from the first film
>>
>>91973764
Me and my cinema loved it
>>
>>91973789
Me? I have standards. It's actually pretty neat. You can live a very fulfilling life by picking an choosing the things you value and appreciate.
If you uncritically consume all the gruel the entertainment industry pumps out, you don't really notice the good stuff.
>>
>>91973858
>Mantis crying her heart out while Drax looks at peace
Damn. Thats a great way to show how he feels.
>>
When Gamora is sitting out on Ego's planet and Nebula comes flying in, I think it would have been better to NOT instantly show it was Nebula piloting the ship, but have the whole sequence of the ship shooting and chasing at Gamora play out and have the reveal a bit later, perhaps when they crash into the cavern / before Gamora retaliates.

Also when Nebula is going on about her revenge plot to Kraglin and it zooms in on her face I thought she'd stop and camera cuts to the full shot again to show Kraglin's no longer there and she was just talking to herself.
>>
>>91973892
Great response. You are so snooty you actually can't understand. It is undoubtedly pop and should be taken as such. You are missing the joy. It is silly and meant to be fun.
>>
>>91973970
Oh, I do understand.
You've spent this entire time unsuccessfully trying to paint me as some kind of curmudgeon, as if my entire outlook on life depended on my enjoyment of GotG Vol. 2.
And now you seem frustrated because you're just not getting the responses you want.

For the record, I never even said I disliked the movie. That's all you. (3/5 decent time sink, wouldn't go out of my way to see it again)

Or maybe your happiness does depend on getting the last word in this argument? You know what, I'm gonna let you have it, being the generous guy that I am.
>>
You two just need to fuck already.
>>
>>91974346
Yeah, but we'd get in an argument on whether sex should be passionate and deliberate or just wild workmanlike thrusting.

That's no good.
>>
>>91974255
I absolutely enjoy having the last word, thanks for noticing. You seem obsessed with the idea I am pretending to be happy. Honestly anon, I am only happy when I speak with you anon.

>>91974346
>>91974365
Dammit, stop ruining my sarcasm with jokes. Now I'm annoyed.
>>
>>91966880
i thought it fits perfectly well in a comedy angle [spoilers]since he found it in a dumpster[/spoilers]
>>
I felt it took way too long before getting to the actual plot, and when it did it was already on its final act

Also they kept undercutting every single somewhat interesting scene with a dumb joke, which was funny at times but jarring most of them

The whole Yondu thing was great and legit made me tear up, though, but I dislike how little they capitalized on the massive potential Ego as a villain could have. I wanted to see whole oceans turning into his face, or massive rock arms erupting instead of lame blue energy tentacles, and his battle against Peter being just DBZ shit was underwhelming
>>
I get the feeling Quill should be referencing Captain America more often, seeing as how he was a legend by the time he left the Earth
>>
>>91974365
>sex should be passionate and deliberate or just wild workmanlike

???

What's the difference? You want ploughed or not?
>>
>>91966360
I cried
>>
>>91974519
Most of his Earth references are too TV shows, music and movies, pop culture stuff from when he was last on Earth. He would have learned about Cap at school, and probably wouldn't think about what he learned in history class now he's running around the universe in his own space ship with a talking tree for an adopted son
Still I would love it if he fanboys out over Cap in Infinity War. Asking him if he is THE Steve Rogers, being a little disappointed Steve didn't actually punch out Hitler at least once, stuff like that could be fun
>>
>>91966919
Too obscure. Normies wouldn't get it
>>
>>91974583
I think I recall cap having some media representations in universe beyond the collectables, like a show or something
>>
>>91967386
I'm sure more than 300 songs have been made before the 90's

I think the Zune was a nice way to show Yondu went back to Earth at least when the Zune was in
>>
>>91967458
Miley Cyrus was in this movie, she's in the Guardians 3000 team
>>
>>91974598
Your youth is showing. Anyone over 25 knows who Skeletor is.
>>
>>91972031
>meme music
What do you mean by this?
>>
>>91972409
There was no heel turn, he was just misleading Quill the whole time. Didn't you get what Mantis was trying to tell them? Ego had fathered thousands of beings and finally one of them also had the Light

I am curious what Peter actually could have done with the Light powers.
And I think killing a celestial with a simple bomb is just stupid
>>
>>91972458
>she kind of admits she's into him and it killed it for me. Forced as fuck.
But it was foreshadowed!
>>
>>91972566
>a character is better than a DCU character
Hold the presses
>>
>>91974665
It wasn't a simple bomb, it was a bomb made with batteries so powerful a being literally crossed dimensions to steal them. And it was placed directly against his brain. You can be as Celestial as you like, if you blow up their brain, they'll die like everything else
>>91974631
Skeletor would have looked a bit too similar to Ego's statue of himself that he built for that flying punch. Quill building something very different and a little childish shows just how different from his father he was, and how Peter is at least honest about his intentions with his power unlike Ego
>>
>>91973432
>Cancerverse teaser in the beginning (
Really? Wasn't that already done and finished in Dr Strange?
>>
>>91973724
Reading the parental guide on IMDB and seeing it's rated 13 despite all that makes me sad

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3896198/parentalguide?ref_=tt_stry_pg
>>
>>91973858
Drax carrying Mantis and lifting her over his head while he's sinking made me cry
I cried 3 times during this movie and I'm a hardcore edgelord by any measurement
>>
>>91973880
My cinema and I*
>>
>>91973463
Pac-man would have been better without the sound effect.
>>
I expected more screentime for Mantis, and the first third was slow and "funny joeks". Still, it's hands down better than the first one, the characters had me actually rooting for them, and Ego is the best MCU villain.
>>
>>91974711
If you can kill a Celestial with a bomb against their brain I feel like other confrontations with Celestials by Doom or Franklin Richards are much less impressive
>>
I think Ego loved Peter still. To him all of this is just disciplining a spoiled child. I mean, what the hell is a thousand years to beings who live millions of years?
>>
>>91974755
>Mild language throughout. It's tamer than the first movie.

I thought they said shit way more this time.
>>
>>91974806
But he didn't. Peter was just one of the many expiriments Ego had done. The mountain of skulls Gamora stumbled upon? Those were all his children/faild experiments
>>
>>91974796
616 Celestials are different from MCU Celestials, though.
For one, Ego isn't actually one of them.
Would've been weird for Peter though, being a human/planet hybrid instead of human/celestial.
>>
>>91974790
Yeah, the sound effect I think was the "too far" point. It would have been a lot funnier if it was clearly Chris Pratt making the noise instead of the actual noise
>>91974796
To be fair, neither of those two are the type to decide "fuck this noise, I'm strapping a nuke to your frontal lobe now"
That and with Ego his 'body' is so distinct from his brain its easy to actually reach the brain. Against the classic towering Celestials you'd have to do the whole Fantastic Voyage thing

Speaking of which, if Ego is a Celestial and he journeyed for years to find life, what were those giants we saw wrecking shop with the Infinity Stones in the first one? Are they a different type of Celestial, or was Ego just cast out on account of his, well, ego?
Would explain the name, they branded him with the reason for his exile and never imagined him being so shameless as to just run with it
>>
>>91972458
>>>91972219
>How was the Pac-Man thing foreshadowed?
when he ego says he will be able to build anything , quill says he would just build statues to skeletor and pacman with those kind of powers
>>
>you will never visit sexbot hoth with your space bros

why live?
>>
>>91974849
But MCU celestials are gigantic kirby-armored dudes, according to GotG 1.

Why is this one missing everything but his brain?
And why was he alone? There's many celestials. Was the fact that he became humanlike before meeting humans a poke at the fact that celestials created humans? Or was it mutants I don't remember.

The movie was alright in my book, but it felt like it was lacking a big something that made the first one much better.
>>
>>91974820
They disappointed him, as they didn't express his powers and were thus mortal. And he made sure they never suffered when he killed them.
Peter was immortal just like him. I'm sure it wasn't an act he put on, it seemed genuine. As the only sentient planet, though, he had a very skewed perception of morality, which he hoped his son would share. That's why he openly admitted to killing Quill's mom, because he thought his son would see it the same way he did.
>>
>>91974820
Well they were failures in his eyes. So Peter's the only one that "counts". I'm not saying he's not a monster, but I can easily see how a guy named Ego can justify to himself that he's a good guy.
>>
I'm kinda happy this one barely had any tie ins with the bigger overarching plotline beyond Nebula saing ''Thanos'' every other word
>>
>>91974899
Ego is just a unique form of celestial, it seems. Basically, from a writing standpoint he's just called that so Peter's not a planet mutt but Son of God.
>>
>>91974849
Honestly if they decide to bring in the giant humanoid Celestials, they could probably just retcon it that Ego isn't a 'true' Celestial. Hell, they could even tie it into his, well, ego, where he thought 'Who are the most awesome Cosmic Beings around? Celestials? Well, guess I'm a Celestial then.'
>>
>they didn't feel a thing

Mantis' true role was to ease the suffering of Ego's unsatisfactory children.

Damn.
>>
>>91974937
He was basically a boltzmann brain, but calling him a celestial was weird, I think it confused things.
>>
>>91973059
its a joke about how peter walked around with an old piece of junk player and he now has another piece of junk player
>>
>>91973335
Here's a little hint, free of charge:

people that repeatedly tell others about how down they are and how bad everything are, are mostly trying to convince themselves about how unique and different from everyone else they are.

They get so self involved with their own uninteresting shit that they have to narrate to themselves about how actually it makes them sound interesting.

It doesnt, everyone around you notices it, they just dont mention it because you might get too emotional on them.
>>
>>91974945
I wonder whether Ego couldn't sleep at night because of subconscious overbearing guilt and loneliness or whether it was just because
>tfw you cannot complete the Expansion

He only felt the need to kill Peter's mom because he loved her so much he couldn't bear to see her die of old age or the Expansion. Super twisted and selfish, sure, but...
>>
>>91974942
>they could probably just retcon it that Ego isn't a 'true' Celestial
But Ego being a celestial is the reason the purple Gem didn't kill Starlord.
>>
>>91974942
Or tie it to his ego in a different way, the other Celestials built gigantic humanoid bodies so they could walk the cosmos, Ego tried that but also built himself his own planet because he could and he wanted to show off
>>91974945
Jesus Christ, I hadn't even considered that aspect of her powers
Plus she helps him go to sleep, so she probably assuages his guilt then as well. Now THAT's ego personified, keeping an intelligent being on staff purely to give you a good nights sleep instead of being troubled by all of your children that you've murdered
>>
>>91975001
I took it more that he knew he'd be tempted to return to Earth and stay there, so he just removed the temptation.
>>
>>91970416
It'd be pretty ironic since Miley had a cameo in GOTG2
>>
>>91974960
You know what was confusing? He evolved into a human, knew what humans were and went in search for them. He never seems to have adapted his organic form to the other lifeforms he procreated with. I'm aware it might just have been a visual cue, but even during the finale, he always redeveloped zur Kurt Russell form in various sizes instead of turning into some monster that could tackle the guardians more effectively.
>>
>>It's beautiful.
>>And so are you. On the inside.

Good thing the movie was in space, my sides went to orbit.
>>
>>91974945
>>91975022
It's worth noting that he was genuinely falling in love for Quill's mother to the point he felt he would give up his project for her.

He literally gave her brain cancer because he considered his love was poisoning his mind.
>>
>>91975039
That's the joke. She was Mainframe, the cyberman Killing robot head in the after-credits scene.
>>
>>91975059
We've seen other Celestials in that recording the Collector had, they defaulted to humanoid despite towering over everything, maybe that's just how Celestials look when they don't decide to build themselves a planet
>>
>>91975059
His human form probably became his favorite and default. It's how he met the love of his life.
>>
I know the bar hasn't exactly been set high, but as far as direct MCU sequels go, this will be placed firmly in the Winter Soldier basket for me.

>Better than IM 2
>Better than Thor 2
>Better than Quips of Ultron

I don't really think its worse than GotG, OP is not a faggot and is correct in saying that this feels like a breath of fresh air after Cumberstrange.
>>
>>91975115
>tfw everyone loved it but for you it was okay I guess

Okay.
>>
>>91975076
She was mortal though. He's been around for millions of years, what difference does bumming around Earth for 60~ years make to him? There's the issue of needing to return to recharge, but I'm sure he could have made an excuse every once in a while.
>>
>>91975107
It's just strange. He said that she was his first love, only a few years after he constructed himself a humanoid body, but later says that he has been at this Expansion business for millions of years (and the myriad of skulls make it unlikely his children were all just from the last 33 years).
>>
>>91975188
Plus he never gave a timeframe for his recharges, I doubt he needs to return to his homeworld so often that it would be a noticeable strain on their relationship
>>
>>91975188
He'd probably still remember her, even though their time together would be comparatively short.
>>
>>91975209
He didn't love the others.

>>91975107
Didn't the celestials create humans or something like that though? That's why a lot of races in the universe look like humans or weirdly colored humans. Ego says he took a form of what he imagined biological life would look like.
>>
Why could quill be used to power Expansion if his only power seemed to be to control the power of the celestial core of Ego?
>>
>>91975188
>what difference does bumming around Earth for 60~ years make to him?
>>91975188
It didn't matter, she was changing him and he was scared of that.

You'll notice that if he had waited a millenium or two before contacting Quill, he might have go tings his way. He could have waited for a time where he was depressed and hated everyone and he would have got less problem convincing him to join him.
>>
Wasn't Quill's dad a emperor in the comics?
>>
>>91975306
J'son of Spartax, yes.
>>
>>91975293
That would have further complicated the explanation of "Where were you when I needed you!?"
>>
Nice shill, faggot
>>
>>91975532
>"Where were you when I needed you!?"
at this point, when you are a 100 years old, there are thing you don't care anymore.

My point is, Ego would have got a better shot at making Quill work with his plan if he was already more consumed by Ennui.
>>
>>91975670
Ego had no idea if Quill had inherited the Celestial gene for immortality. It would be a hell of a thing if Ego found out he had a son capable of powering the Expansion only to realize he'd died of old age
>>
>>91975670
>>91975725
Didn't Ego also say that Quill was only immortal as long as he was on the planet and had access to the Light? Without that, Quill probably has a normal human lifespan. Even Ego himself needed to periodically return to the planet to 'recharge' his humanoid body.
>>
>>91975924
I'm not sure if I buy that. Quill might not have the power to make things out of light or whatever it is Ego was showing him, but I bet you he was lying about Peter's immortality being linked to the planet
>>
>>91975981
He probably was immortal until he killed Ego. He could only harness the light while he was on the planet, but Ego noticed he had his powers because he heard he was able to hold the Orb Infinity Stone and live.
>>
>>91975725
>Ego had no idea if Quill had inherited the Celestial gene for immortality.
He did once he heard Quill was able to handle the gem.
>>
>>91976065
>He could only harness the light while he was on the planet
He only tried to do it there. We don't know if the usage of his powers was necessarily limited to being on the planet
That's something Ego states, who's trying to tempt Peter with power. It may well be the case that Pete's power could be used anywhere but Ego told him the opposite to compell him to stay.
We know of another instance when Pete's inheritance manifested: when holding the gem.
Even if he may no longer wield the light (which again is unclear because nothing says he couldn't produce his own), some remnants of his celestial power could remain
>>
>>91967302

Who wants to live forever, Queen.
>>
>>91967302
ALL THE
SMALL THINGS
>>
>>91976434
You know now you mention it I'm surprised they haven't used a Queen song yet
You'd think Can't Stop Me Now would be a first pick for an action scene of Quill and Rocket flying around
>>
>>91973774
Drax was a hit and miss. He should have been paired with Nebula for the Thanos revenge. Helping her to understand that, as much as one wants revenge, it's a way full of pain that won't let her see how much does she have, in reference to Gamora. Something like "you have your sister, before the Guardians, I had nothing".
>>
>>91976559
I think that would be a better lesson after Nebula nearly gets destroyed trying to fight Thanos, let her see the futility then have Drax try and pick her up by pointing out she could have something better than just revenge

Plus seeing Drax start being a dad around Mantis made for some great scenes, and gave him a bit more depth than before
>>
I think a problem with the movie is that, as good as the family drama was, it was ALL OVER THE PLACE IN YOUR FACE ALL THE TIME.
Reduced the impact drastically.

I mean, the first Guardians almost had me sobbing with the opening and closing scenes about his mother. This one just had me listless since it was almost entirely family drama.
>>
>>91975282

What if Ego lied to try and get Peter to not murder him, by saying his powers would disappear if he died

What if he still has them?
>>
>>91976484

Apparently James Gunn gets Queen as the most requested band for soundtracks in GOTG films, after Bowie, so he might just pull a Gabe and delay it everytime someone asks.

https://twitter.com/jamesgunn/status/765355909371473925
>>
>>91975001
>only felt the need to kill Peter's mom because he loved her so much he couldn't bear to see her die of old age

let's just give her a illness that slowly and painfully kills you while making you look like shit/old in the meantime, so much better!
>>
>>91976820
Well ELO was the opening song for Vol 2, so he might be saving Queen and Bowie for stuff that's worthy of it
I can see why he'd want to leave them out though, they could both over power a lot of the other songs used. That and Queen's best action stuff is associated with Flash Gordon and Highlander, and I do not want to be the poor bastard untangling that legal knot
>>
>>91972931
I liked Blonsky.
>>
>>91976839
He's twisted like that, because he only thinks about the effect it has on himself.
>>
Too many low quality jokes too quickly
>>
>>91978591
That only happens in the beginning.
>>
>>91976839
Remember he's basically a sociopath who thinks of mortal life of lesser beings.

For him it was like putting down your dog,
>>
>>91974929
Nebula is a better Drax than Drax.
>>
>>91974945
Mantis was best pet.
>>
>>91978886
Putting down your dog in a painful manner because you like it a lot is a monumentally dick move regardless.
>>
>>91979029
Well, yeah, but he really, really, really wanted the expansion. That's Ego.
>>
>>91979065
Yes, but again, if you have to move away and no one can take care of your dog and you decide to put it down, you don't give it fucking cancer.
>>
>>91979135
He could have just murder her in the spot, maybe painless, disintegrating her or something, but couldn't bear it doing. I mean the faggot didn't even wanted to go back to Earth because it was painful, so killing her himself was out of the question.
So he decided for the alternative: An illness that kills people over time, so he took an incurable one to assure himself she'd be 100% dead. It's very cruel indeed indeed but again Ego thinks very lowly of lesser life forms so in his head it was the "best" way to get rid of her. Thank Hala he didn't decided go for aids instead.
>>
>Ego comes back as the Cancerverse in Guardians 4
>>
>>91979300
I'm just saying the "pet" or "lower life form" excuse doesn't make him seem like less of a dick.
>>
>>91979627
Yes, Yondu was right. Ego is an asshole.
>>
>>91966607
>So spin-off with the original guardians when?
>mfw Vol. 0.
>>
>>91979984
Most likely after Guardians 3 since Starhawk is supposed to have a big role in phase 4 (cosmic side).

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/04/26/guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2-sylvester-stallone-mcu-james-gunn/
>>
anybody got the movie soundtrack order?
>>
>>91979984
>mfw Vol. 0.
Considering Gunn loves Michael Rooker it wouldn't be strange if he makes a prequel just to keep him in the MCU.
>>
Anyway, before I was so rudely interrupted...
>>
I'm still fucking mad Star Lord doesn't have his comics costume. Literally the best capes uniform in all of comics.
>>
>>91967441
The most wrongly bullied girl.jpg

Either way you're on 4chan anon.
>>
>>91980469
>guardians 3
>post credit scene
>some aliens trying to steal a cosmic cube
>one of them is about to pick it when suddenly a barrage of shots from all sides takes out some of them
>"W-Who is there?!"
>a figure descends between the cube and the thieves
>"My name is Peter Quill"
>we see a man in a blue uniform wearing a helmet from behind
>"But there's name you may know me by!"
>close up to the man's face, it's wearing a full faced helmet, the mask opens
>"...Star-Lord"
>aliens become terrified start to run off
>mask closes, star-lord turns back to collect the cube, the camera moves away as Hooked in the Feeling starts playing
>THE END
>>
Bear with me. I used to read tons of Silver Surfer comics growing up. But that was literal decades ago. I can't remember much. Things have probably changed since then. And then there is also the most likely scenario, that the MCU simply doesn't care either way.

And well. I don't really care much either whether or not the MCU is different or not.
But was there ever a connection between Ego and Eternity in the comics? Because they heavily implied such a connection but it's not something I could remember from actually reading the comics. I am pretty sure Ego the planet and Eternity and Infinity and all the others were separate entities.
So what was the movie really implying this time? Was Ego also Eternity? Or did they just keep mentioning Eternity with the whole Eternity stars motif, just for the sake of it?
>>
>>91981451
Who's eternity?
>>
>>91981693
NORMIES GET OUT!
>>
>>91981757
Please anon I love superhero comics I just really really hate actually sitting down and reading all but a small selection of high quality and relatively standalone issues every now and then.
>>
File: eternity.jpg (32KB, 221x400px) Image search: [Google]
eternity.jpg
32KB, 221x400px
>>91981693
This guy. And is as the name implies, eternity. One of the abstracts of the Marvel universe.
Alongside Infinity, Death, and Oblivion. With Galactus as the role of equity.
>>
>>91981858
Death is that skull chick right
Well, that aside the only thing Ego said about himself was he was a celestial.
>>
Why DID Ego never meet another Celestial? Aren't there bunches of them?
>>
>>91981995
Probably because they weren't him. That's why he was too busy getting intergalactic pussy to have a son and assimilate the universe. But most likely they're "asleep" or something, Ego being the exception, and will wake up after the Gauntlet is assembled.
>>
>>91980484
/a/ pls
>>
>>91982114
Didn't they show a celestial nuking a planet with the power stone?

Was that footage older than the millions of years Ego has been wandering?
>>
>>91982203
Yup, in Guardians 1.
>>
>mfw >700 jumps

I need Rocket and Yondu's warp faces for reaction images
>>
>>91965331
I liked it too.
I am still trying to watch videos commenting the potential easter eggs /spoiler/specially in the 700 jumps scenes/spoiler/
Baby Groot had a function in addition to being cute. The team was Groot's father. They culd go bad father way (Thanos, Ego, rocket's scientists, Yondu's parents) or the good father way: (Drax, Yondu)

His stupidity and vulnerabilty were a constant challenge
>>
File: 675938-two_sides_of_a_coin.jpg (588KB, 1451x2294px) Image search: [Google]
675938-two_sides_of_a_coin.jpg
588KB, 1451x2294px
>>91981693
>>
>>91973343
>its okay for it not to make sense because he is a god!

Jesus christ what an awful excuse.
>>
>>91972455
>>91972460
>>91974665

No he wasnt, he said that at first he was fascinated with life and was exploring it, but only after did he realize it was pointless and that HE is the only thing that matters because he is the only thing as powerful as himself (which is retarded but okay). But by making Peter, someone with his powers, he is no longer alone thus making his nihilism about life pointless.

Its like you guys didnt even watch the fucking movie.
>>
>>91972444
No, it was full of shitty humor and character "arcs" that were un-organic, bare, and ultimately pointless. Also Yondu really had to spell out the "im your daddy" thing to the audience? REALLY?
>>
>>91982261
That sequence was great. I bet there's a bunch of easter eggs in there too. Some people say Thanos is one of the two guys fighting during that part, but they seemed more like Korg's people to me.
>>
>>91972440
>>91972458

>Rocket was always an asshole
No he wasnt, he was not actively alienating everyone around him in GotG and there was no reason for him to do so in GotG2.

>Quill's always been after Gamora since he saw her
Not really, and there is still no reason for him to do so. And there is no reason for Gamora to come around just because he nearly died. They need to actually like each other for reasons, thats just the plot forcing them together, but I guess you wouldnt know what a relationship is really like.

>Yondu knew everything about Rocket because he saw himself in him.
Yeah no shit, I'm saying it only took 20 minutes to "see himself" in rocket? And its such a bullshit explanation too, they dont share ANY character traits or anything besides seemingly alienating people they like (which isnt even true, Yondu had a whole group of friends in the Ravagers and led a whole unit himself)

>He couldn't do it himself, he needed someone else to harness the power.
>Ego needed Quill as a battery.
>And Ego pointed out that Quill only had his powers so long as the planet was alive

See you are all saying contradicting things. Which is it? And again, if he was a battery he wouldnt NEED the planets power because it implies he has his own. This is why im saying it makes no sense. Why did he need help harnessing his own power if he had enough control over it to make entire planets/people? Especially if Quill wasnt even CONSCIOUS to control it? He just needed a half human body for some reason? And if Quill was a battery his powers wouldnt go away when the planet does, because a battery implies it has its OWN power.

Fuck, think for one second before you say something.
>>
>>91982333
>Groot is still afraid of Drax during the opening sequence
>in the final scene Drax holds him like a baby
Teenager Groot was kind of shit though.
>>
How much did you mark for The Watchers?
>>
>>91982793
Very. I thought the Watcher was with the FF, maybe it's finally happening?
>>
>>91965331
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This villain is as retarded as J'son
>>
My only criticism, which would have been countered with 'typical MCU 3rd act stormstroopers', is I feel Ego should have had antibodies or something for some physical action. Especially for Drax.
>>
>>91972184
It might not have been complicated. But it made sense.
Ego valued life. But he felt like no life could compare to himself. So he figured his life was the only life that was worth anything. Ans so he had to prosper. Because others were lacking he had to take their place. Because none could compare to him, he had to expand.
>>
So will the average score of the movie rise or fall with the American opening?
>>
>>91983235
Yeah, Drax really lacked battle stuff to do in the movie.
>>
>>91983294
He was also afraid of loneliness hence why he screwed so many women in hopes of having a Celestial son who he'd share eternity with.
>>
>>91982769

>he was not actively alienating everyone around him in GotG

He suggested Gamora sell her body in prison, and when she questioned it, he expressed that he was surprised she'd be able to.
He got drunk and nearly killed Drax, only stopping because of 4 BILLION CREDITS, ROCKET.
He continuously insults Groot, who just takes it as he goes.
When the universe is in danger of dying he's basically 'who gives a fuck, why should I care about these people?'. TRILLIONS of people we're talking about

He was always an asshole.

>ot really, and there is still no reason for him to do so. And there is no reason for Gamora to come around just because he nearly died

Yes he has, his opening line to her was how he was called star lord, and he was a man of integrity. And surprisingly people realise fondness of each other more easily after one of them nearly dies.

>Yeah no shit, I'm saying it only took 20 minutes to "see himself" in rocket?

He was in that cell for hours, Rocket was pissing about in the woods before that as well, and Rocket basically summed up half his character with his taserface speech.

>See you are all saying contradicting things

At best, Ego is. Ego's power comes from within his planet, which is him; his body is just a projection. Peter's body IS him, and is where his powers are stored. As for whether his powers are gone, Ego is manipulative asshole and they may very well still be there.

>>91982590

It was a dying speech explaining how he wanted to do something right before he died, and he did. Ordinary people have emotions, this isn't that odd.

>>91972184
>>91982519

>Literally a god like being called Ego
>'This highly egotistical plan is entirely unforeshadowed!'

Noice.

>>91982781

I kinda want a film with teenager Groot now. It won't happen because he's not going to be as popular as the other two forms, but still.

>>91983216

>retarded as J'son

No-one's as retarded as the King of Space Sparta.
>>
Is guardians the only mcu movies free of gay shipping?
>>
>>91983697
>No-one's as retarded as the King of Space Sparta.
Especially when he was written by Bendis.
>>
>>91983783
lol no.

Rocket is tsundere for Peter.
>>
>>91973102
>too many jokes
too many bad jokes, the movie felt like a bad snl skit
99% of them fell completely flat even though I like the characters except baby groot
luckily most of the better jokes were towards the end (or my standards lowered) and the plot was fine, better than the first by far.
>>
>>91983507
Drax was the comic relief.
>>
>>91978757
They were still doing it when Ego turned into Hasselhoff seconds after admitting he gave Peter's mom cancer.
>>
>>91983979
Drax was a bully.
>>
>>91983783
If something has two males, it will never be free from gay shipping.
>>
>>91983983
Of course there still were jokes. But not as often or shittier as in the beginning of the movie where you have an entire scene devoted to Drax' feces.
>>
>>91983985
Having a character with space aspergers being an asshole to everyone was a joke that probably went over most comic book nerds heads.
>>
>>91980469
The helmet got destroyed, so maybe we're getting the WWI-ish one in Vol.3 or Infinity War.
>>
>>91984031
He was hit or miss though.

Loved the prank and "you're also beautiful... on the inside" though.
>>
>>91965331
Just saw Guardians 1 with my girlfriend last week and she enjoyed it a lot. Are the other MCU movies required for any prerequisite understanding? Guardians already gave an intro to the infinity stones and Thanos, and considering Earth has nothing to do with Guardians I'm guessing I can jump her straight to Guardians 2.

Eventually going to show her the rest but going to skip over some useless crap like Iron Man 3 (wtf was the pointless "lol I give up being iron man for you pepper! Look ay mt suits blow up! JK MY CONTRACT RENEWED!" ending???)

Thinking this order
>Thor
>Iron Man
>Cap
>MAYBE Iron Man 2 but depends how much she likes 1
>Avengers
>Dr Strange because it'll be a good break and post credits only show Strange recruited by Thor
>Cap 2
>Thor 2
>Avengers 2 (only for universe understanding otherwise this would be skipped)
>Ant Man
>Civil War

...Holy fuck that's still a lot of movies, have I really seen that many?
>>
>>91984066
most of the funny banter in this movie sounded so forced, so the drax parts actually worked
>>
>>91984075
Yeah, you can jump straight from GoTG1 to GoTG2 without watching any other MCU movies.
>>
>>91984127
>>91984127
Not really, the bad lines were really bad but the humor was decent.
>>
>hey want some batteries?
>drax starts laughing
We needed more bro moments like those.
>>
File: 1490551497689.png (36KB, 248x185px) Image search: [Google]
1490551497689.png
36KB, 248x185px
>>91984075
>with my girlfriend
Anyway, the ironman sequels can be skipped but Ultron gives him a good excuse to be an asshole in CW and the unverse agrees Wanda is best mcu waifu.
>>
>>91984227
>and the unverse agrees Wanda is best mcu waifu.
Wanda a shit.
>>
>>91984021
The last act after the reveal was far superior to the rest of the film. The bit where Drax gets involuntarily outfitted with a space suit and immediately screams "OW! MY NIPPLES!" while being carried offscreen had me in stitches because it hadn't come up since the opening sequence.
Also, the heroic landing sequence underlaid with triumphant music abruptly getting cut off with Mantis getting hit by a small meteor.
>>
>>91984247
fucking bullshit.
>>
>>91984075
Don't start with Thor, that gets set up in Iron Man 2.
>>
>>91984365
Yeah, it was like watching a Netflix Marvel series.
>>
>>91984396
DROIDED sluts need no apply.
>>
>>91965331
Back to tumblr
>>
File: Starlin face warp.png (3MB, 1300x1002px) Image search: [Google]
Starlin face warp.png
3MB, 1300x1002px
>>91982261
>>91982726
>>91982333
I saw some Kronans and some Starlin warp faces. Nothing else.
>>
> Marvelfags genuinely think this movie is good
>>
Will Ragnarok be more like this o like Bill and Ted's bogus journey?
>>
>>91980469
It's said that the GotG appearance in Infinity Wars takes place 4 years after GotG2 and they have gone some different changes to their looks.

I think the cancerverse-like opening in GotG2 may be a lead up to the DnA GotG style on top of the future inclusion of Warlock/Magus in GotG3 or whatever.
>>
>>91967302
The winner takes it all.
>>
>>91974899
>And why was he alone?
The mysteries and stories of Celestials have always been a thing.

It's the same thing with Knowhere. It's one giant as fuck Celestial so we can assume he was one mean motherfucker and yet his decapitated head is floating in space being used as a giant mining station.

When it comes to Celestials, some times no answers are the best ones.

That said, perhaps he was left alone because the Celestials wanted to experiment on one of their own and return to it to see the results as they always do.

Remember, at his conception, he was utterly alone for an extremely long time and would likely have no idea what a regular Celestial would look like, hence why he ends up looking like a giant planet instead as they are the largest form of the embodiment of life. Ego is just stroking himself and picking the biggest and best thing that represents his ideals the most.
>>
>>91984529
>DChumps have no idea what good is when they see it
sad!
>>
>Yondu's ashes are scattered
>they form an arrow
>>
>>91982590
>Also Yondu really had to spell out the "im your daddy" thing to the audience? REALLY?
>to the audience
No. Not really. But considering he was about to die he most likely wanted to spell it out to Peter.
>>
>Ego breaks Peter's walkman
>>
>>91975076
>He literally gave her brain cancer
Whta the fuck was with that? Didn't she got cancer because she fucked a spaceman? How do you give brain cancer to someone
>>
>>91987051
He implanted a tumor on her brain.
>>
>>91987051
>Commenting on a film you haven't seen.
>>
>>91984547
By the looks of the trailer it will be more like this. Thank god cause Thir movies are even more boring than normal Marvel movies
>>
>>91987089
By mistake right?
>>
>>91987131
... yeah about that... turns out he really wanted to go full EoE.
>>
>>91987170
Then i guess he truly was a 100% asshole in the end
>>
>not a single Christ forsaken 2D showing in the entire city

Please kill me.
>>
>>91987131

on purpose, he was afraid of falling fully in love and declining his life purpose
>>
Has Baby Groot become the meme machine he was clearly factory-designed to be yet?
>>
>>91987361
The opening scene will trigger you to infinity.
>>
>>91987219
I watched 2D by mistake. Wanted to see it in 3D. I loved the film but that's my regret.
>>
File: RbB.1280x720.jpg (46KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
RbB.1280x720.jpg
46KB, 1280x720px
Loved Drax walking for miles inside a pit of danger.
>>
File: 1488858040784.png (82KB, 216x196px) Image search: [Google]
1488858040784.png
82KB, 216x196px
>When I put that tumor in her brain

Christ that was dark
>>
>>91987470
Why would you ever want to see a film in 3D?
It's never worth it.
>>
Why the fuck did Ego told Peter that he indirectly killed his mother? He knew Peter would be angry
>>
>>91987567
>the scene where Taserface men kill the other ravagers in front of Yondu
>then proceed to toy, kick and pour beer in Baby Groot
>>
>>91987575
Because I can easily see it in 2D ouside of the cinema. At home or elsewhere.
If I watch it in 2D at the theatre. It'll be much tougher to view it 3D at another time.

So by watching it in 3D at the cinema I get both. Except this time where I accidentally watched it in 2D. So I'll probably never see GotG2 in 3D even after having seen it again.
>>
>>91987470
>>91987575
>tfw my eyes are too fucked to properly see 3D
>>
Stealing a dumb /tv/ meme, but did Gunn accidentally add to /womenwillneverunderstand/-core? I can't see the ending feeling as much personal for females, it's like Gamora was in charge to carry the 'sisters' subplot but everything else is really Peter's story and his final coming of age as to father/son dynamics
>>
>>91987567
>Peter immediately blasting Ego full of holes without even giving Ego a chance to say a word
>>
>>91987675
>did Gunn accidentally add to /womenwillneverunderstand/-core?
Try to speak in less meme because I don't even understand what you're trying to say.
>>
>>91987612
He was unironically trying to get Peter to relate to him about how he had to sacrifice his mortal loved one in order to fulfill his dream. Loved how he casually mentions it and then Peter fills him with bullets.

Reminded me of Tony in Civil War.
>>
>>91987675
What the hell are you even trying to say?

Gamora was pretty much irrelevant and her arc is carried completely by Nebula. In fact, it made look Gamora like a complete asshole.
>>
>>91987612
Meta reason is of course to advance the plot

But Kurt Russell definitely delivered how deeply lost in his vision Ego was, it really felt like he was glad that he could finally told Peter the whole story as it went to unbury it expecting understanding from him -since isn't the expansion so much worthier from eternity's point of view?
Ego actually *felt* sorry he had to do it as he was in love with Meredith, he expected a pat on the back for his hard decision, something like "you did what you had to do, it's okay dad"
>>
File: kurtrussel.jpg (80KB, 900x447px) Image search: [Google]
kurtrussel.jpg
80KB, 900x447px
I guess that answers that.
>>
>>91988336
Answers what, from where is this? Wasn't in the movie
>>
>>91965331
I've just saw this today, what I don't like:
Drax and Mantis
Drax jokes
the pacman
the Mary Poppins joke
the escape with groot
the death of Yondu
what I like:
Gamora and Nebula
Peter and Ego
Yondu and racoon
Yondu and Peter
the cameos
Interesting villain
>>
>>91988336
Only issue was needing to procreate instead of just absorb, but it did seem like a weird connection in a way
>>
>People saying Quill/Gamora came out of nowhere.

Did ya'll watch the first movie with your eyes closed?
>>
>>91989188
You mean the movie where they didn't even bother rewriting Drax's dialogue in a scene where Gamora was shoehorned into his place?
>>
>>91989330
wut
>>
>>91989529
That bit where "Gamora" was interpreting Quill entirely too literally when he started dancing
>>
Does Ego turn into his planet form? And does it have a face?
>>
>>91989584
>>91989330
"Pelvic sorcery" is a metaphor for seduction.

Drax wouldn't say it.
>>
>>91989607
Yes and yes it does has a face, no mustache tho.
>>
I just came back from it, and I also loved it, though I felt sick of Baby Groot's antics the moment he plugged in the music in the Sovereigns's world.

Also
>Cosmo in the credits, but no mention during the movie
>that XBOXHUEG blueballing in the final battle with The Chain by stopping it right before it hit the chorus

GUUUUUNNNNNNNN
>>
>I see it... Eternity...

Do you guys think he was referring to reaching eternity, or the abstract Eternity? I kinda thought in the latter due to his eyes and how Ego wanted to become everything, like Eternity is.
>>
>>91988336
What is this?
>>
>>91988847

Mary Poppins joke was cute, Yondu wants to be a badass like the immature person he is and Peter just lets him as the more mature person he's become, like their roles had switched the more they opened up to each other
>>
>>91989818
If Cosmo doesn't appear in all his Russian greatness next movie I'll personally find and rape James Gunn.
>>
>>91989903
I kind of felt it more like a dad being unaware of current pop culture and his son telling him that it's cool because he loves him.
>>
>>91989818
>that XBOXHUEG blueballing in the final battle with The Chain by stopping it right before it hit the chorus
Fucking this, only thig i didn't that. Like, why the fuck do you do that
>>
Anyone knows what was that Adam thing the yellow girl said in the end?
>>
>>91989956
pretty sure that's what it was supposed to be
>>
File: Nova_2016_002_2017_digital008-1.jpg (77KB, 354x442px) Image search: [Google]
Nova_2016_002_2017_digital008-1.jpg
77KB, 354x442px
>>91989992
Why do you even exist, anon?
>>
>>91989992
Adam Warlock.
>>
>>91989992
Adam Warlock. Was the guy to relieve Thanos of the Infinity gauntlet in the comics, became the founder of the Infinity Watch. They made sure the Gems never fell into the wrong hands again.
>>
>>91990057
>>91990057
>>91990098
Oh yeah i just looked on it. Sorry, its just that i don't really like/read hero comicbooks. The dialogues often make me want to kill myself
>>
>>91988730
>>91989899
Get off my board, you god damn plebs.
>>
>>91990098
It bugs me that people don't realize that Star-Lord's GOTG owes as much to Infinity Watch as it does the original Guardians. Then again, it's not like DnA ever brought it up.
>>
>>91990179
>your board
this is /co/ you fucking /tv/ retard
>>
>>91967249
>tfw she did jackshit in the movie, action wise

I guess that's what we lose from changing the Kree origin.
>>
I was about to cry when Yondu died but since i went alone to the theater i didn't wanted to look like a faggot
>>
>>91990161
>the dialogs just make me want to kill myself

Bendis?
>>
>>91990198
DnA did, what you would call a bendis' nowadays, with Drax, Gamora and Warlock, but since they aren't smelly dogshit it turned out fine.
>>
>>91990220
The Thing is required viewing for all humans.
>>
>>91988336
This scene wasn't in the movie. What is it?
>>
>>91990270
See>>91990269
>>
>>91990221
Yeah I expected martial arts from Mantis, but since there weren't any mobs neither her nor Drax did any battle.

Though she's still came out as incredibly powerful. Got to put Ego to sleep against his will and made Gamora shit her pants.
>>
>>91989899
>>91989118
The Thing. I won't spoil the ending, check it out.
>>
>>91972106
>I didn't need Ego turning into David Hasselhoff for 5 seconds directly after revealing that he killed Peter's mom.

I didn't really saw that as funny, and I don't think anyone else did in the theater, Ego literally turned in the image Peter had of his dad, so it felt more like he was mocking him.
>>
is yondu /our guy/ now?
>>
anyone else surprised by the lack of baby groot?
>>
>>91990405
Yondu was always /our guy/
>>
>>91990476
Yes, it was a lot less annoying that I expected. I even felt bad for him when the Ravagers were bullying him.
>>
File: Pleb.jpg (48KB, 400x462px) Image search: [Google]
Pleb.jpg
48KB, 400x462px
>best song
>not the chain
>>
>>91990391
Agreed.
>>
>>91990391
People laughed in my audience. I didn't, but I still think it misses the mark and kinda takes you out of the moment.
Because a highly emotionally charged scene gets undercut by "Hey look, it's David Hasselhoff."
>>
>>91990566
>implying you can even pick a best song from this soundtrack

Mr Blue Sky, the Chain, and Father and Son are all god tier
>>
>>91990391
>and I don't think anyone else did in the theater
Personally i did found it funny and mostly everyone in the theater laughed
>Ego literally turned in the image Peter had of his dad
Really? i thought it was a bigger version of himself
>>
>>91990391
>so it felt more like he was mocking him.
Aside of having David on camera I also interpreted it like that.
>>
>>91990556
yeah, he was actually cute.
I enjoyed the ravagers space ship part, when I thought the groot joke got old it ended but I still think it goes for too long.
>>
Is just a fucking 5/10

The film was really boring and grood was jar jar Binks ffs, the villan never explain what was doing
>>
>>91990661
>joke got old it ended but I still think it goes for too long.
There's two or three instances of that in the film.
>anyone has tape
>poop jokes
>>
>>91990680
You have to go back.
>>
File: Vegeta.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Vegeta.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>when yondu says how he uses the arrow
I didn't came here for feels
>>
>>91988730
>>91989899
>>91990270

Fuck all of you
>>
>>91990701
He doesn't use his heart tho so i found it weird
>>
>>91990680
>the villan never explain what was doing
Sorry to hear you're mentally retarded, anon.

>>91990701
>Guardians 1
POWER OF THE FRIENDSHIP!
>Guardians 2
USE YOUR HEART, PETER!

I liked the cheesiness of it.
>>
It really wasn't that great, but this board is pretty easy to please.
>>
Holy fuck it was okay but you manchildren say the same thing about every new MCU movie

>IT WAS SO FUCKING GREAT OH MY GOD
>>
Ego vs Peter fight was kind of shit, I really didn't like the action of it. I'm not sure how they could have done it better though, but it had nothing on the finale of Guardians 1.

>>91990756
I did like the HEART a lot though.
>>
>>91990697
Back to the past?

The only scene really well done was when the villan reveled the true about starlord mother and that

>What...?
>>
>>91990755
what does he use?
>>91990756
I liked young peter and yondu, even if it lasted 1 second.
>>
>>91990680
>the villan never explain what was doing
He literally had a 3D Powerpoint presentation on the subject. Are you fucking with me?
>>
>>91990776
>priding yourself on being hard to please

you still have so far to go
>>
>>91990803
I sort of liked it more than the ronan fight because I didn't like the dancing but the infinity gem moment was really good.
Ego vs Peter had lot's of good and bad moments, didn't found the pac man part really funny, just amusing if anything.
>>
>>91990814
>>91990756

Muh expansion

Best motivation ever created 10/10
>>
>>91990803
The fight reminded me of Man of Steel it even ended with the whole planet destroyed.

>>91990809
Yeah I wish we gotten more Yondu/Peter flashbacks.
>>
>>91990832
Fucking moron. I never said that. I just don't lap everything up like you guys do.
>>
>>91990851
I thought the same thing, it was sort of good, I got the feeling they can make a good nova if they put some effort on it.
>>
It was medicore but I expected that.
>>
Didn't expect to see Stallone. Who was that guy who could use Dr. Strange magic in the ending scenes?
>>
>>91990873
>Rich rumored to get introduced in Cap. Marvel
Also more DBZ styled fights.
>>
>>91965331
Disney shills are taking over
>>
File: tumblr_oo01kt0MSx1sg4rj8o3_540.jpg (70KB, 540x432px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oo01kt0MSx1sg4rj8o3_540.jpg
70KB, 540x432px
>He might be your father but he ain't your daddy
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>91990897
>Who was that guy who could use Dr. Strange magic in the ending scenes?
I'm glad someone made that connection. I thought it'd get lost on casuals.

The guy is called Kruggar he's the sorcerer supreme of the Original Guardians timeline.
>>
>>91990914
They don't even try to hide it anymore. All OP's post I missing is the trailer embedded.
>>
>I'm mary poppins actually made me laugh
>>
>>91990897
Kruggar, read GotGv1 for more on him

he's the sorcerer supreme of the 31st century and mentor of the guardian Talon
>>
>>91990939
>"When I picked you up on Terra...these boys of mine wanted to fuck you. They ain't never felt any Terran pussy before. I stopped 'em. You're still virgin because of me!"
No, seriously, what did Gunn mean by this?
>>
>>91990939
He's referring to boipussi.
>>
>>91990809
>what does he use?
Isn' that thing of his head?
>>
>>91990848
What exactly did you expect him to do? Rob a bank? Manipulate the intergalactic stock market?
Ego was driven by a need to spread conscious over the entire galaxy and graduating from god to GOD.
>>
>>91991020
I know you're just trying it be a pedantic smartass but it's "using" as controlling it with not commanding it, nigga.

Words have different meanings depending on the context.
>>
>>91990694
>Rocket's species getting misidentified
>BAHAHAH TASERFACE
>Mantis, you're hideous

These also had too many iterations. Taserface should've been mocked for it once, so the bit when the Sovereign Lady cracks up works better.

Rocket's highpoint was getting confused about "chipmunk".
>>
>>91991028
>Manipulate the intergalactic stock market
I'd pay to see a thriller based on Galactic economics.
>>
>>91973496
>>91973529
Maybe he won't appear in the first one, but will show up for the second, for the final battle.
>>
>>91991028
>I'm alone so I'll just eliminate everyone else

What was the next step of Ego's master plan?
>>
>>91990980
I don't know who that guy is but same
>>
>>91974738
Dark Dimension =/= Cancerverse
>>
>>91991020
kraglin tried but he wasn't able to do it.
Also is cosmic yondu OP like this one?
>>
>>91991091
>Rocket's species getting misidentified
Lasted like 10 seconds max all combine so eh
>BAHAHAH TASERFACE
Kind of agree but the last scene made it worth it
>Mantis, you're hideous
That was totally funny
>>
>>91991091
Taserface felt really forced. I get Gunn wanted to mock him to the ground after all the horrible shit he does but damn it wasn't funny in the slightest. Rocket being misidentified is a running gag since the first movie and its constant reminder adds to his insecurity and inferiority complex.

>Mantis, you're hideous
I liked that one the first time. Then he kept doing it to the point where the part where he "rejects" her becomes kinda cringy. Though it built to:
>"It's beautiful"
>"So are you... on the inside"
Which made me chuckle.
>>
>Rocket says he only wants to save Quill so he can Lord the deed over him forever
>implying that he wants Quill in his life forever

The yaoi was strong in this movie
>>
>>91991113
All alone with his invincible son.
Play catch fiveever, I guess.
>>
File: 1200.jpg (117KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1200.jpg
117KB, 1200x675px
>>91991113
You're wrong though.
He hates being alone. So he wanted to have someone to accompany him in Eternity.

>What was the next step of Ego's master plan?
A bargain most likely.
>>
>>91991091
I liked mantis, rocket joke was never funny imo but I understand some people liking it.
Taserface went out for way too long, really ruined the sovereign lady because it made it too obvious.
Also rocket laugh is beyond terrible, bradley cooper what the fuck.
>>
>>91991118
Fucking Millenials.
>>
File: Tyrell.jpg (52KB, 486x610px) Image search: [Google]
Tyrell.jpg
52KB, 486x610px
>>91991275
I know kaecilius was the focus but was it too difficult to give us a proper dormammu?
>>
>>91991148
Not really.

Dark Dimension is End of Evangelion. Cancerverse is immortality as a curse whit some zombie apocalypse mixed in.
>>
>>91991235
Rocket really wanted to be noticed by senpai.

It was cute.
>>
>>91991352
I know, hence the "=/=".
>>
>>91991336
>amateur strange fighting a full-fledged dormammu in the first movie
Sounds like a waste desu.

I'd prefer if Mads plays the physical form of Dormammu having taken over Kaecilius body in a sequel.
>>
>>91991336
What was wrong with Dormammu?
>>
>>91991395
Damn, I'm dumb.
>>
>>91990851
>Yeah I wish we gotten more Yondu/Peter flashbacks.

Same here. In fact I wish we got more Yondu/Peter interactions, if only to contrast how much of a better father Yondu was to Peter compared to Ego.
>>
>>91991414
He didn't fight. He bargained.
>>
>>91991421
Same shit that was wrong with Galactus in that FF movie.
>>
>>91991475
I don't remember this Dormammu being a senseless galactic cloud of destruction or whatever it was I don't really remember.
>>
>>91991445
I don't think their relationship as adults would have showed that properly since Quill was stuck in the "Yondu is an asshole" mindset and didn't realize everything he did for him until he dies.
Flashbacks would've worked better. Extra kudos if we see the other Ravagers interacting and accepting him into the crew.
>>
>>91991475
Dormmammu was a hidden boss who'll likely show up again. A mere taste if you want. The Galactus cloud was just bullshit.
>>
Better than Rogue One and the Force Awakens.
>>
File: feelinho.jpg (111KB, 570x760px) Image search: [Google]
feelinho.jpg
111KB, 570x760px
post yfw yondu ending
>>
>>91991475
Nope. But the fact they gave him pupils looked out of place.
Also, voice and mocap by Bandersnatch Heffalump.
>>
>>91991528
The bit where that skinny ravager gets weepy because he's jealous of the attention Yondu gave Peter was pretty on-point.
>>
>>91991597
I called it months ago. Still made me teary eyed.
>>
>>91991514
He wasn't a cloud, just bad cgi. Same thing.
>>
>>91991653
What, you wanted a big rubber dormammu?
>>
>>91991650
>teary eyed
why don't people just cry?
>>
>>91991687
Not manly enough.
>>
>>91991671
I wanted something that looked like Dormmamu.
>>
>>91991687
Because not everything makes you bawl, just gets you emotional.
>>
>>91991671
I wanted swolemammu doing a suplex to strange
>>
>>91991687
I've always been a lot more tighter with my mother, so it didn't made me feel that much, but I got carried away with the moment.
>>
>>91991650
>>91991597
He is coming back for Infinity War. In a Flashback or simply getting revived we still don't know
>>
File: DormammuInline4.jpg (18KB, 200x175px) Image search: [Google]
DormammuInline4.jpg
18KB, 200x175px
>>91991712
>>
>>91991687
Because growing up, even coming close to crying left you severely and brutally bullied and or beaten by every other buy in the neighbourhood.
So now even in my adult days I am almost incapable of crying.
>>
>>91991717
I've always been a lot tighter with my dad so the first one made me felt kinda sad but the second one really got me
>>
>>91965331
It really wasn't. It bit more than it could chew and there were times where they clearly had no idea what kind of movie they were making.

I mean, the whole relationship between Star-Lord and Ego had so much potential and yet it felt like an afterthought at the end.

And that happened with every single plot thread in the movie: Gamora and Nebula's relationship, the gold people, the space pirates thing, etc

If they had picked one of those and sticked with it, the movie would have been fine.
>>
>>91991687
I usually cry and would have but i needed to stay strong here because of where i was
>>
>>91991734
I think he just got some merch to promote the movie since he's still part of the MCU though I'd be down for that.

>Thanos revives the heroes loved ones and makes them fight them for his amusement
>>
>>91991653
Concept art was pretty great compared to the final product. They incorporated the lines in his face as part of the fractal theme the Mirror Dimension had. See how there's silhouettes of his face emanating from his head like ripples on a lake?
>>
>>91991715

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN MY NAME IS PAUL HEYMAM!

I AM THE ADVOCATE FOR THE RULER OF THE DARK DIMENSION....

THE DREADDED DORMAMMU
>>
>>91991687
The only time I cried in a cinema was when I watched the Madoka recap
>>
>>91991796
>*Hooked on a feeling starts playing*
>OH GAWD! IT'S WHO IS THAT WITH A STEEL CHAIR?!
>>
File: IMG_0013.jpg (46KB, 534x401px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0013.jpg
46KB, 534x401px
>Quickslav
>too OP and has to die

>Yondu
>gets too OP, has to die

F
>>
File: Sad.gif (1MB, 400x232px) Image search: [Google]
Sad.gif
1MB, 400x232px
>tfw bowie cameo was planned for the movie
>>
>>91991876
Quickslav wasn't OP. Cap took him out in South Africa.

Yondu had to be put down by a stealth attack from one of the daughters of Thanos.
>>
>>91991876
>Vision
>OP as fuark, has mind stone
>has to die

>Strange
>reasonably OP, has time stone
>Eye of Agamotto needs to be destroyed
>>
>>91991938
>>91991876
>Ike Perlmutter
>Kike Supreme
>has to be removed from the MCU
>>
>>91991928
shit, really?
>>
>>91991938
>reasonably OP
Nigger, trapped an ultra powerful inter-dimensional entity and made him surrender.

I even dare to say he's stronger then Vision.
>>
>>91991993
Really? All he did was prision him on an infinite look while dying every single time. He is weaker than Iron Man and maybe even Cap
>>
The Watcher Ian MCU canon now.

I have no doubt in my mind we are going to see see Eternity and Living Tribunal in Avengers 4, if not already in IW
>>
>>91992041
Now that's just silly.

>>91992067
>>91992067
Already seen some imagery of them in Guardians 1. I'm hoping they're going with actual Lady Death instead of shoehorning Hela into the role.
>>
>>91991687
I teared up on both eyes, but I didn't actually cry. People here relate it to family-like relationship, but as someone who doesn't have a proper relationship to both parents, I half-cried due to the emotional impact of the mentor sacrificing for his pupil.
>>
>>91992067
Mordo mentioning the LT felt as a giveaway already.
>>
>>91992179
>People here relate it to family-like relationship, but as someone who doesn't have a proper relationship to both parents
Funny because I felt more when Rocket tells him to not do it after they bonded back in the escape scene. I just felt bad Rocket was losing the only person who understood his pain and motivated him to be a better person.
>>
Drax was the best thing about the movie. Baby Groot and Rocket sucks.
>>
>>91992565
>Rocket sucks.
DELETE THIS.
>>
>>91992565
Groot sucked. Rocket was still cool though. But yeah. agreed about Drax.
>>
Purely for scientific purposes.
>>
>>91992827
You forgot your pic?
>>
>>91992957
Nah. I just cited one of the opening lines.
>>
>>91993299
I feel dumb I didn't get it until now.

>opening
>goofy Quill flirting with the leader of a xenophobic planet
>end of the movie annoyed Quill nagging teen Groot to clean his room
Noice.
Thread posts: 508
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.