[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /co/ think of The Star Wars, the comic Dark Horse made

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: thestarwars1g.jpg (175KB, 600x941px) Image search: [Google]
thestarwars1g.jpg
175KB, 600x941px
What does /co/ think of The Star Wars, the comic Dark Horse made based on George Lucas's first draft of Star Wars from 1974.
>>
>>91953949
This looks hella interesting.

Storytime?
>>
>>91953949

It was a boring read
>>
>>91953949
Weird.

Though Storm Troopers on battle ostriches would make the Oringinal Trilogy even better
>>
Would absolutely love a storytime of it
>>
>>91954000
I only have a PDF. It's great, though. Luke is called Annikin Starkiller, and Obi-Wan is called General Luke Skywalker. Admiral Ackbar is called Han Solo

The story starts out like The Phantom Menace. They have to protect the Princess, who is called Leia but is more like Queen Amidala, with influences from Hidden Fortress.

Darth Vader is actually three characters- Annikin's half robot Jedi father Kane Starkiller, a military General enforcer named Darth Vader, and a Sith Lord who hunts down the Jedi and who turns good in the end named Valorum.

The story goes through twists and turns and Kane dies protecting the good guys.

The finale is the Death Star battle intercut with the Endor scenes, except they're big Wookies, not little Ewoks. That's what Lucas means when he says he took the finale of the last part of the story and put it into ANH. return of the jedi was supposed to be the only part with a Death Star.
>>
>>91953949
It was confusing as hell. If you seriously understand what the hell they were talking about and what was going on, props to you sir or ma'm.
>>
>>91954234
It's very Flash Gordony
>>
>>91953949

It was frankly a boring badly put together over stuffed story. However, it was always a rough draft so that's fine. Seeing where both OT and PT ideas came from was very fascinating. Worth a read for Star Wars fans.
>>
>>91954261
That was the point. Star Wars was like that the first time you watched it, too, we just forget how strange it was upon that first viewing. It's soaked into pop culture and we take for granted its weirdness.

Lucas says he wanted it to be like a foreign film, or like coming into the fourth episode of a serial where you didn't see the other episodes and aren't quite sure what's going on at first.
>>
>>91954352

Aside from that, The Star Wars had too much undefined jargon with little comtext thrown around. I agree with his idea, bit TSW wasn't a good stab at the idea. He eventually got it right with ANH, a few rewrites and help from friends later.
>>
>>91954432
Although I somewhat agree, I'll take Lucas's flawed uncut ideas over The Force Awakens and Disney's super polished perfected generic boring sterility any day.

I love this series for its strangeness and authenticity. I'd love it if someone made a fan film. I'd produce it myself if I was rich. It's colorful and action packed and wonderfully corny. It reminds me of Ivanhoe, the 1950s movie.
>>
>>91954516

TFA played it safe by aping ANH too much, but I think it nailed the mood, look, and pacing fantastically. Better than the PT. Hell, it remembered to have three distinct acts standing in for three serial episodes. A very neat trick of the OT the PT muddled.
>>
>>91954608
snore.

Anyway, i found and old storytime for this:

https://desuarchive.org/co/thread/76991262/
>>
>>91954652

....oh....kay.....
>>
>>91954721
Shut up, fag. disney is shit.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.