[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Isn't it weird how they killed Gothel from Tangled who was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

File: Gothel_transparent.png (1MB, 1003x1458px) Image search: [Google]
Gothel_transparent.png
1MB, 1003x1458px
Isn't it weird how they killed Gothel from Tangled who was probably one of the least evil Disney villians, but afterwards spared villians from Frozen, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia who did far worse shit than kidnapping a girl?

Even her death itself is treated like happy ending and Rapunzel doesn't seem to be affected by death of somebody who raised her alone for 18 years
>>
Sparing the villain and rescuing his daughter was the worst punishment he could receive.

Everything he did, he ostensibly did in her name. And now she's alive to see him as a murderer and monster, and he realizes nothing he's done was justified.

His daughter is going to hate him. He's lost her a second time, but now there's no one he can blame but himself. Food for thought as he rots in prison the rest of his natural life.
>>
File: 20150522-alexand3.jpg (87KB, 400x601px) Image search: [Google]
20150522-alexand3.jpg
87KB, 400x601px
>>91942082
>>
>>91942039
It was doubly weird since they had to go out of their way to kill her - and because making her live as an old woman would be a far greater punishment for her.
>>
You forgot that she is a Gypsy.
>>
>>91942868
Disney's championed Gypsies before
>>
>>91942868
You mean sexy gypsy?
>>
>>91942039

Because her particular brand of evil, being a parent who emotionally abuses her child, hits a lot closer to home than the others except maybe Callaghan.
>>
>>91942039
Hans did nothing wrong.
>>
>>91943026
Rapunzel is for bullying tho
>>
>>91942039
She will probably turn up in the series somehow.
>>
>>91942039
because it turned out she kidnapped her and kept her locked in a castle for 18 years to keep herself young with rapunzel's hair
>>
>>91943133
Oh like you're perfect.
>>
>>91942818

She couldn't live as an old woman. As soon as the hair was cut she was already dead.
>>
>>91943184
>women should just die when they get old.
WOW DISNEY
>>
File: 1272x920design_01.jpg (657KB, 1272x920px) Image search: [Google]
1272x920design_01.jpg
657KB, 1272x920px
>>91943031
>>
>>91943184
Then why trip her out of a tower to fall to her death? Letting her decay of old age would be more poetic.
>>
>>91943270
Cause tripping elderly women is hilarious.
>>
>>91942039
Are you forgetting the part where she fucking shanked Eugene?
>>
>>91943270
well technically she did that, just during freefall
>>
>>91943320
You mean when she shanked her daughter's kidnapper?
>>
>>91943219
>women should just die when they get old.

Gothel was heavily implied to be hundreds of years old. That's well beyond a human lifespan.

>>91943270
>Then why trip her out of a tower to fall to her death? Letting her decay of old age would be more poetic.

But she did. Didn't you notice the dust that hit the ground?

There was concept art of her rapidly aging to death on-camera. Disney wisely realized that this would probably scare the hell out of kids way more than the scene needed to.
>>
>>91943352
>movie about an evil mother endlessly abusing her adopted daughter
>afraid of scaring kids

This is the company that murdered Bambi's mom, scarring kids is what they do.
>>
>>91942039
Zootopia was a police procedural. They had to take down Bellweather legally

Big Hero 6 was about dealing with grief and being consumed by the desire for vengeance. Hiro needed to make a different decision from Callaghan.

Rapunzel and Eugene weren't the ones to kill Gothel. Blame the murderous reptile
>>
>>91943397
>This is the company that murdered Bambi's mom, scarring kids is what they do.

Yes, but there's a limit to how far they can go. A character rapidly aging to death on-camera is a bit too far, even for some adults.
>>
>>91943133
She's basically a vampire, isn't she?Except with a young girl's hair instead of her blood.
>>
>>91943455
If anything, it's the sort of thing to hit adults harder than kids. Old age seems like a dream when you're a child, and like a nightmare once you're over 30.
>>
>>91943556
no, because she doesn't have a lot of the other extra shit. She's at most a witch who has to maintain her enchantment
>>
>>91943352
>There was concept art of her rapidly aging to death on-camera
Fucking DIsney jews. Tangled would have been pure kino if they left that scene in.
>>
>>91943556
No, it's more like Ra's al-Ghul's Lazarus Pits. Except instead of a magic chemical bath, it's a magic flower (and later, magic hair).
>>
File: zero-h3.jpg (167KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
zero-h3.jpg
167KB, 768x1024px
What's wrong with killing bad guys? Don't do evil shit. You guys are the only board that has a hangup about this.
>>
>>91943123
Is the series any good?
>>91943646
>>91943784
>possibly eastern-european
>charmingly beautiful, but older than she looks
>castle far away from normal society
>wins over and abuses virgin girl to stay alive
>ages into dust when killed (per >>91943352)
Yeah, I can see the witch angle.
>>
>>91942039
>grade A sociopath
>least evil
>>
>>91943981
Yeah its good, they added a new character who is pretty cool and Rapunzel is even cuter now. That said while the series pilot movie sets up a arc for the whole show the episodes so far are just random Slice Of Life. Apparently there are these magic spikes growing everywhere and it has something to do with Raps hair and possibly Gothel.
>>
>>91942082
Well, she wouldn't have BEEN rescued if he didn't do any of that shit, so I guess in a way he accomplished what he wanted.

Perhaps not in the way he wanted it to happen but his primary goal was achieved.
>>
>>91942986
That was Victor Hugo's idea, and Esmeralda was an exception.
>>
>>91943031
Hans did literally everything wrong.

I can forgive seducing the ditzy girl to get out of being bumfuck prince #19967 in his family because that's just royal politics.
And I can forgive locking Elsa up, because she was making shit cold.

But I can't forgive the attempted murder of the Queen and also intentionally leaving Anna to die and covering up the circumstances of her "Death" so as to spin it in a way that makes him king at the end of it.

All the stories where he goes "Buh-buh-but I'm SAWWY, pls forgive me" and everyone goes "D'aaaw, that's alright, now come over here and marry the woman you tried to kill" are fucking horseshit.

HANS WORST BOY.
>>
>>91944409
>magic spikes growing everywhere
Long ago, in a distant land, I, Gothel, the unaging mistress of hair, unleashed an unspeakable evil! But a foolish princess, wielding her magic locks, stepped forth to oppose me.
>>
>>91942082
Who is this referring to?
>>
>>91943397
Didn't Bambi's Mom get shot off screen tho?
>>
>>91946178
Big Hero 6 villain
>>
>>91946262
But died onscreen.
>>
>>91943824
Nothing wrong with Killing Bad Guys.

But the thing is, it's like Disney hasn't been willing to kill off their Bad Guy since Wreck-It-Ralph.

Hans, Callaghan, and Bellweather got off pretty damn easily compared to what we're normally used to seeing with Disney Villains (ex. Dying in horrific ways)

Imo if anything it just says a lot about how watered down Disney has become in the last few years
>>
>>91943031
>Hans did nothing wrong
I'm pretty convinced he'll pull a return and a redemption in Frozen 2. I've always liked Hans and it'll be awesome if / when he's brought back.

If they add the cheery on the cake by having him flirt with Elsa and her kinda returning it the assblast from Hans haters and the #giveelsaagirlfriend retards as well as elsannafags will nourish my soul till I'm retired
>>
>>91944769
> I can't forgive the attempted murder of the Queen and also intentionally leaving Anna to die and covering up the circumstances of her "Death"

It's not attempted murder, it's attempted execution. Elsa had at that point
A) cursed the land, people were at risk
B) essentially abdicated, abandoning her duties and people
C) attacked her own men with a horrifying ice golem when they were trying to rescue her sister, almost murdering her sister's fiance
D) declared herself completely unable to stop the winter, meaning it's necessary to kill her and hope that ends the effects of her curse
E) intentionally murdered her own sister through cursing her to death visa striking her in the heart with her powers.

You'll note that Anna completely neglects to mention Elsa froze her heart by accident. She just says Elsa struck me with her powers" and then "I was wrong" when Hans reminds her she said Elsa would never hurt her.

So also, Hans didn't really "spin" the cause of her death, which is Elsa cursing Anna to death (we did see her die onscreen). He just acted like a turbodouche with a personal chip on his shoulder and then claimed they had married - but seeing how the nobility had already told him to leave Anna to die in the woods and just take the throne before she returned, they'd already decided it's a coup.

It's pretty well written. Enough muddy details to enable a redemption arc ;)
>>
>>91946403
I felt cheated Callaghan didn't die.

In fact when I saw the robot go postal on him I was like 'oh no, that sucks.'
>>
>>91943397
Different eras. Shit in like Pinocchio would never fly in this day and age compared back then. Though kinda funny how nowadays the WDAS movies are now rated PG yet are tamer than some of the G rated Disney movie like Hunchback or Pinocchio.

>>91944703
Technically. In Victor Hugo's novel, the gyspies are still viewed as scums with them kidnapping Esmeralda from her real normal family for themselves, and also duping Quasimodo. Disney are the ones who tried to paint the gypsies as "oppressed" and "sympathetic people". Irl, seems NO one like gyspies lol.
>>
>>91943270
Better visual.
>>
File: 1493006701258.png (515KB, 676x557px) Image search: [Google]
1493006701258.png
515KB, 676x557px
>50+ replies
>No lewd of this Gilf

Unacceptable.
How are you going to solve this problem?
>>
File: 113d7328d57b72a5a9e4bc2876a209ab.jpg (628KB, 1200x776px) Image search: [Google]
113d7328d57b72a5a9e4bc2876a209ab.jpg
628KB, 1200x776px
>>91943352
>There was concept art of her rapidly aging to death on-camera. Disney wisely realized that this would probably scare the hell out of kids way more than the scene needed to.

Yeah, just a bit
>>
>>91950113
>political rant utterly unconnected to the content of the post replying to

I'm up for a good /pol/ discussion as much as anyone else, but don't just shoehorn it in.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.