[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what's the point of watching samurai jack if we already

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

File: 4iC9gH0.jpg (25KB, 799x613px) Image search: [Google]
4iC9gH0.jpg
25KB, 799x613px
what's the point of watching samurai jack if we already know the ending?
>>
>>91931656
inb4 this ending is retconned.
>>
need to know what he became the king of
>>
The events leading up to it. The pain. Struggle. Loss. Enlightenment and journey.
>>
>>91931656
It's about the journey, not the destination.
>>
>>91931656
because I wanna watch Ashi die and Jack go apeshit beserk mode on Aku for killing her
>>
>>91931772
Pounding Ashi's girl-parts into a quivering love-smear.
>>
>>91931656
Because clearly the man in the image was Jack's son, whose real name will be Jack.
The Guardian was talking to his 50 years of sailors.
>>
>>91931656
Because an ending without a background and substance is as shallow and crap-worth as a liberal's opinion.
>>
>>91931763
>need to know what he became the king of
doubleking
>>
>>91931844
would make sense considering the picture is clearly of an older man and jack cant age
>>
>>91931656
I dunno. Why watch The Hobbit?
>>
>>91931888
Jack will probably lose his immortality when he kills aku
>>
>>91931656
What's the point of living if we're all going to die eventually anyway? Might as well kill ourselves.
>>
>>91931656
Because sometimes even if you know how something's gonna end that doesn't mean you can't enjoy the ride.
>>
Yeah, what's the point of watching Columbo if you already know who did it
>>
>>91931656
Retconed already.

Jack is now immortal.
>>
File: State Legislature.gif (1MB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
State Legislature.gif
1MB, 256x192px
>>91931763
Last king of Scotland?

Last samurai of Japan as well. Last virgin too.
>>
>>91931656
>what's the point of living if we know we're all gonna die?

This is how retarded you sound.
>>
its not a matter of IF he will win, it is a matter of HOW
>>
>>91931656
>Japanese samurai
>decides to become a western style king
>>
no leaks yet?

>Another ashi-centered episode
well, last episode was good, so I will trust Genndy
>>
File: 330f.gif (655KB, 500x286px) Image search: [Google]
330f.gif
655KB, 500x286px
>>91931656
>Almost every fucking story ever: the hero wins. The end.
Why read stories at all?
>>
>>91931976
>Why watch The Hobbit?
you don't. you read the book.
>>
>>91931656
You're right, it's true for most poorly written comics / shows where the ending is obvious to anyone with foresight but at least it's not as bad as cape comics.
Even though there might be "high" stakes in a issue we all know the main character will win in the end and even if a character dies or another major tragic event happens, because cape comics constantly shuffle writers, they will just undo or explain it away so there's no reason to ever become invested.
>>
>>91931656
>he think it's about the destination instead of the journey
>>
>>91931880
Double king vs Aku. Who wins?
>>
>>91931798
>because I wanna watch Ashi die
prepare for disappointment. they're going to get married, anon. waifubait and shippingbait are the true winners in the end, not you or me.
>>
>>91931798
>>91936496
>implying the sword won't break and the power of love won't win in the end

I wouldn't even be mad.
>>
>>91931798
>>91936528
>The sword breaks because he let his anger take over him because of a pity slut.
>>
>>91931656
>Jack tart to age at fast speed after defeating aku
>This happens.
>Jack beat the shit out of the guardian
>Guardian says ashi can't pass, it's only a portal for one
>Jack stays with her on the future.

OR
>jack let Ashi go back to the past
>Ashi finds a young man and marry him
>wait for it.
>a litte more
>Its Jack's father
>>
>>91936231
Last episode sucked. It was nothing but call-backs, which all could have done in a small segment on the final episode or something.
>>
>>91936493
How many crowns or crown shaped items is Aku wearing?
>>
File: Cosgrove_Double-King4-640x360.png (231KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Cosgrove_Double-King4-640x360.png
231KB, 640x360px
>>91931763
He's been wearing a bunch of clothes throughout the season from whatever he's been able to grab a hold of...
>>
>>91931656
>EP9
>Jack is romantically interested in Ashi, they go fight Aku, Aku kills Ashi, magical shit happens and Jack is able to age again. Jack is broken once again, but without female distractions his resolve goes back to him greater than ever.

>EP10
>Timeskip, another bunch of years pass, Jack has been gathering an army and inciting insurrections across the planet, he's made king of everything and everyone goes to fight Aku. Aku kills a bunch, Jack slices Aku in tiny bits etc. After the deed is done he goes to the Guardian's portal. When he's about to fight the Guardian to prove himself, Aku, shapeshifted as a virus again, infects the Guardian gaining UNSPEAKABLE powers, Guardian tries to resist but he's corrupted, he fights Jack, Jack wins and goes into the portal
>WACHAA!!!

>The real final ending/epilogue is realeased as a movie, Jack, back in his age goes to kill Aku and succeeds. The end
>>
>>91936326
Why read the book, though?
>>
>>91936933
This. The book is shit and boring.
>>
>>91931656
Aku destroyed all the time portals.
>>
>>91931656
What's the point of living if we already know we're gonna die?
>>
>>91935797

That's a valid question too though.
>>
>>91937867

There is no point to living since you know you'll die, but the difference is you're compelled to live by instinct, whereas you aren't compelled to watch a TV show by instinct. Both don't make sense as a conscious choice, but the first one isn't a conscious choice in the first place.
>>
>He looked like a talking penis

Do my ears deceive me?
>>
>>91931656
>Jack defeats Aku
>The people name him their new king
>Jack wanders the land undoing all the evil Aku has done
>Years later, when the land is much better again, he feels it is time to finally go back to the past
>Jack uses the guardian's portal

Calling it now.
>>
>>91938912
>Fix all of Aku's destruction and evil in the future
>Go back in time to undo everything anyway
Explain this
>>
File: 1491611787441.jpg (70KB, 181x359px) Image search: [Google]
1491611787441.jpg
70KB, 181x359px
>>91936275
>he doesn't read Russian literature.
>>
>>91940937
Split timeline theory, it's why Jack often gave up going to the past to save someone instead.
>>
>>91931656

“The journey, not the destination matters...”

We're watching it to see how will Jack eventually get to that point. The trials he'll face, people he'll meet.
>>
>>91936639
well his fires sort of look like crowns
>>
>>91931763
He's wearing the Spartan's cape.
>>
What is the point to ask in board of strangers?
>>
>>91936621

Nah, the last episode was great, it served to show Ashi how much good Jack has done for the people that suffered under Aku's rule, cementing her alliance with the samurai and resulting in her saving his life. Fuck off with that contrarian bullshit.
>>
>>91936608

Jack's aging being halted has nothing to do with Aku himself, it's a result of being flung through a time portal. If Aku were able to affect it in any way he would've made Jack grow super old right off the bat.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.