[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have always liked Peanuts and could always relate to Charlie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

File: peanuts calvin and hobbes.png (174KB, 1024x787px) Image search: [Google]
peanuts calvin and hobbes.png
174KB, 1024x787px
I have always liked Peanuts and could always relate to Charlie Brown and even today his character is 2real4me. Peanus has that warm-looking, but actually cold on the inside, depressing and comfy feeling, and I love it.

On the other hand, I could never get into Calvin and Hobbes, even as a kid. It's just too idealist for me, too "bluepilled" if you will, it is especially apparent as an adult, after you see plenty of shit in your life.

What does /co/ think about Peanuts and Calvin and Hobbes?
>>
>>91928586
>Peanus
I shouldn't have laughed.

So, are you saying that C&H was too naive for your world-weary childhood eyes and you needed someone to reaffirm that the universe sucks? No wonder you're using /pol/'s pill terms.
>>
File: 1489808572566.gif (2MB, 368x367px) Image search: [Google]
1489808572566.gif
2MB, 368x367px
>>91928586
>Peanus has that warm-looking, but actually cold on the inside, depressing and comfy feeling, and I love it.
>>
>>91928678
There is no better way to explain it. In a way, Peanuts is the ultimate "redpill" comic for children, while Calvin and Hobbes is the ultimate "bluepill" comic for children, keep in mind that I said "for children", so obviously they can't go full "redpill" and "bluepill".

Yes, I was a pretty cynical, and also along with that lonely kid.

>>91928774
I don't get it? Peanuts is the ultimate combination of depression and comfy.
>>
File: Peanuts 6-3-53.gif (69KB, 900x177px)
Peanuts 6-3-53.gif
69KB, 900x177px
>>91928586
I'm a Peanuts man through and through. But I do appreciate Calvin & Hobbes and Watterson's style and his thoughts on the state of newspaper comics during that time.
>>
>>91928586
I live in Santa Rosa and we LOVE Charles Schulz. He's our hometown hero. Let me assure you that there is nothing cold about where we are from. It isn't depressing here. It's a place of unending wealth. The Peanuts world is hideously pleasant.

Calvin and Hobbes is similarly filled with love.
>>
>>91928586
both are shit and Garfield rules! bitch
>>
>>91929762
This is bait
>>
>Peanus
>>
>>91929388
This.

I also love the Peanuts comics and cartoons, they are very comfy.
Same for the Calvin and Hobbes comics.
>>
>>91928586
You don't even know what the words you use mean. C&H is far from bluepilled.
>>
>>91931769
It's idealist, therefore "bluepilled".
>>
>>91928586
Both are great for their own merits and don't really need to be compared as a whole.
>>
>>91931801
It had its share of cynicism too
>>
Charlie Brown is the only one who understands me.
>>
File: ch920827.gif (78KB, 900x288px) Image search: [Google]
ch920827.gif
78KB, 900x288px
>>91928586
Calvin & Hobbes is the better choice
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.