[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>There are people on this board who think Cyborg isn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: Cyborg_Super_Friends_001.jpg (23KB, 424x318px) Image search: [Google]
Cyborg_Super_Friends_001.jpg
23KB, 424x318px
>There are people on this board who think Cyborg isn't DCs most well known black character

Hahaha, please. The only ones that come close are John the Lantern and Static, who are only known to us 90s kids and such, these days kids have absolutely no idea who they are
>>
I wonder if the general public remembers Steel.
>>
>>91925119
At one point, John Stewart was popular.
Cyborg was never as popular as him.
>>
>>91925292
>Cyborg was never as popular as him.
I mean two different generations of kids have watched Teen Titans
>>
>>91925292
The Teen Titans cartoon had a bigger viewership than the JL/JLU cartoon. And Cyborg had a bigger role on his show.

And if you take into account TTG, Cyborg is definitely better know.

John Stewart should have been the MC of the GL movie. DC made a huge blunder there.
>>
Cyborg's a household name at this point with the two Titans shows, right? If not, then certainly in a few months.
>>
>>91925119
He's the second most, John is still more known. I still see people wonder why he's not in Justice League or why he wasn't in the GL movie.

But there is a big gap and Cyborg is seen as a joke character.

Also I don't know if DC owns Static completely.
>>
>>91925228
Even most 90s kids don't remember Steel
>>
most people I went to school with thought Stewart was the one and only green lantern
>>
File: DELETE.jpg (232KB, 371x576px)
DELETE.jpg
232KB, 371x576px
>>91925119
I know he's not technically a black character, but I'm pretty sure between JLU, Young Justice and Supergirl, neither John nor Cyborg are as well known as Martian Manhunter.
>>
>>91925119
he no3 at best anyone that is gen x knows black vulcan
stewart is no 2
>>
>>91925368
Thanks for talking some sense

It is an absolute fact that TT was a bigger hit than JLU, I really can't understand how people still think John Stewart is still more known.

People only knew John because they may have once seen an episode or a commercial for JLU and saw GL was black. After the GL movie and all the other media now having white GL, that's all out the window and only people who grew up specifically during that time JLU were airing are even aware there was a black GL.

>>91926622
Cyborg is without a doubt better known. TT and TTGO were huge hits and continue to sell merch to this day, JLU does not.
>>
>>91925314
You'd think they'd capitalize on that and characterize him like they did in those cartoons. Original TT was about the only time he's been likable anyway, I doubt anyone would have complained much. Plus it would be nice to see a black guy in one of these movies who doesn't just play the sassy but inoffensive, white people safe negro.
>>
>>91927257
super friends was on from the mid 70's to the mid 80's on a broadcast network there is no question more people have seen black vulcan than cyborg
>>
>>91925314
Cyborg wasn't even popular on TT. He was just on the team.
>>
>>91926622
Man Of Steel was a perfect Martian Manhunter script mistakenly applied to Superman.

Think about it.
>Alien survivor of a war crashes on Earth
>Struggles to maintain a secret identity with the folks giving him shelter
>Drifts aimlessly while saving people for a decade
>Discovers a crashed ship from his planet
>Suddenly, white martians invade
>Has to prevent them from destroying Earth like they did Mars
>Kills their leader
>Decides to be a hero openly

You just swap Jesus imagery for PTSD allusions.
>>
>>91927402
Doesn't matter, he's known, that's reason enough to use him over other characters who were not only not popular, but have no name recognition among todays kids

Face it, there are people who are in their mid to late 20s who've never even seen Tim Burtons Batman, nobody other than hardcore fanboys know the other black characters and John is only known by people who have at this point grown up

More kids would remember the shitty GL movie and CGI cartoon than they would him
>>
>>91927507
I'm sorry sir, you are mistaken.
Man of Steal was an unparalleled masterpiece by a visionary director who's genius cannot be comprehended by the drooling idiot masses that are today's moviegoers.
>>
>>91925368
>John Stewart should have been the MC of the GL movie. DC made a huge blunder there.
he has less personality than Hal
>>
>>91925119
One guy in high school once called me an idiot for thinking that Lex Luthor wasn't black.

Only tangentially related, but I always get a chuckle from that.
>>
>>91927731
Still would've made a better J'onn movie than a Clark one.
>>
>>91927402
Cyborg was the best Titan
>>
>>91925368
John is the literal worst Lantern
>>
>>91927868
You wee an idiot
>>
>>91927507
How does it feel knowing we will never get a Martian Manhunter standalone movie?
>>
File: tyroc.jpg (24KB, 211x312px) Image search: [Google]
tyroc.jpg
24KB, 211x312px
you forgot about Tyroc though
>>
File: icon.jpg (180KB, 690x686px)
icon.jpg
180KB, 690x686px
When is Icon gonna get more love?
>>
>>91933003
"A being from another planet, he has taken on the form of a black human" disqualified
>>
File: Nigga_Watt.jpg (737KB, 1512x2287px)
Nigga_Watt.jpg
737KB, 1512x2287px
>>91925119

What About Nig-...I mean...Black Lightning?
>>
>>91927777

Only if you've never read anything involving him.
>>
File: SpectreRevelations.jpg (47KB, 359x316px) Image search: [Google]
SpectreRevelations.jpg
47KB, 359x316px
>>91927507
...Huh. That would've actually worked
>>
>>91927402
He had a bunch of eps focused on him.
>>
>>91933633
Yeah.

Why can't we have nice things?
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.