[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>X-9 Episode makes specific reference to being built "Ages

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: X-9.jpg (7KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
X-9.jpg
7KB, 480x360px
>X-9 Episode makes specific reference to being built "Ages ago", and at "Aku's beginning"
>Emotion chip inserted by "Funny guy" scientist who built him, allowed him to survive
>"Funny guy" scientist apparently is the one who tipped Aku off to his dog

So is this "Funny guy" scientist literally thousands of years old, or did Aku cast Jack less than 100 years into the future? I thought he was supposed to have sent him several thousand years into the future at least. X-9 is explicitly stated to have been built at the beginning of Aku's rise to power, and I can buy that he's several thousand years old, but the scientist being alive that long makes far less sense.
>>
Does it really stretch your suspension of disbelief that the mad scientist found a way to extend his lifespan?
>>
>>91924570
I think that the Funny Guy is a cyborg.
>>
>>91924570
It's not unreasonable that Aku would grant longer life to his favored minions.
We also don't actually know when Aku started going global. Jack spent his whole childhood traveling the world without Aku's presence being felt anywhere aside from his homeland.
>>
>>91924570
here's a crazy thought: what if the scientist used science to extend his lifespan? just a thought
>>
>>91924674
For that matter, we don't know if X-9 was built on Earth at all.
>>
>>91924570
>X-9 is explicitly stated to have been built at the beginning of Aku's rise to power
No, what he states is that, during the beginning of Aku's rise to power, he began hiring people to build his robot army. It's shown that they also had to go through plenty of prototypes before they eventually established the X-models. We don't know when exactly Aku left Japan to pursue universal domination (which is presumably when he would need such an army).
And this couldn't have taken place at the very beginning of Aku's rise to global domination since, by the time X-9 is created alongside the other models, they were already on an urban setting.
And even if we are to assume that X-9 really was around since the very beginning of Aku's rise (which isn't the case), we can assume that those scientists found ways to prolong their lifespan, or that there wasn't much of a timespan between the time the X-models got replaced and Jack arrived.

But I personally think discussing this kind of thing is pointless since there are no specific dates for the events of Samurai Jack and the setting is a complete fantasy world where anything goes.
>>
>>91924776
>X-models.
Presumably a through w
>>
File: IMG_1043.png (58KB, 322x218px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1043.png
58KB, 322x218px
>>91924570
So wait, is it X-9, or X-49?
>>
>>91925207
X-49, X-9 is just a more commonly used nickname though
>>
>>91924863
So does this mean the beetle drones (which replaced the X-Models) are the Y-Models ?
Come to think of it it seems pretty counter-productive to replace your army of gun-wielding robots with a bunch of dumb oversized beetles.
>>
>>91924776
>We don't know when exactly Aku left Japan to pursue universal domination (which is presumably when he would need such an army).

He went to Europe at some point on the middle ages to destroy the Viking kingdom of the Lava Giant.

So he probably went from Japan to Europe on few centuries.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.