[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>DC's current crossover "The Button" will

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 2

File: Flash22.jpg (40KB, 575x885px) Image search: [Google]
Flash22.jpg
40KB, 575x885px
>DC's current crossover "The Button" will undergo a few minor changes in plans as it moves towards its May finale.

>First, The Flash writer Josh Williamson will now also script Batman #22 rather than regular Batman writer Tom King

Rebirthfags will defend this.

http://www.newsarama.com/34282-the-button-gets-shuffled-as-williamson-scripts-batman-22-flash-22-delayed.html
>>
>>91921666
Fuck

I wonder if King is having second thoughts about using Moore's work
>>
What exactly is the problem? That someone other than King is writing an issue of Batman?

They say it clearly in that article that Williamson had the better script, presumably because King is working on his upcoming Batman stuff.
>>
>>91921742
>I wonder if King is having second thoughts about using Moore's work
I don't think he has much of a choice. Editorial mandate requires it and King's under an exclusive contract with DC. He's kinda trapped.
>>
>>91921758
Compare Batman 21 to Flash 21

If we have to have Watchmen integrated into the DCU I'd feel a lot more comfortable with King than with Williamson
>>
>>91921742
It's probably because kings busy writing both war of jokes and riddles as well as his mystery new book which is most likely new gods. The basic outline of the crossovers set in stone the only difference with Williamson will probably be the dialogue won't be as good as king would have made it.
>>
>>91921666
Rebirth is such a fucking mess.
>>
>>91921666
Sheesh. Why didn't they get this hammered out earlier?
>>
The Button is such a dumb crossover anyway. Looking forward to it being over. I'm tired of King having people beat the shit out of Batman for 15 pages. Same shit in the Bane arc. It gets boring and repetitive very quickly.
>>
>>91921758
Josh Williamson scripts are fucking shitty though.
>>
>>91921666
Fuck. I actually enjoyed the combo of Fabok and King. Love to see Fabok flex his art muscle. I don't hate Williamson but I don't think his writing can carry this event.
>>
>>91921742
more like one of the most prominent theories on dc rebirth is true and he's rewriting the ending. same way dc comics revealed supernova was booster gold and that mr mind posing as skeets was the villain of 52 by deleting every post mentioning it years ago.
>>
>>91921666
Damn, Rebirth is so shitty it even managed to ruin Tom King.
>>
>>91921758
Judging by Batman #21 and Flash #21, it's very, very unlikely that Williamson had the better script.

And it's not like they actually both wrote one and compared them, King said he thought Williamson would do better and then said he liked Williamson's script.

Maybe King actually thought Williamson would do better, maybe King was too busy and doesn't want to go out and say "sorry guys, the issue is gonna suck, Williamson's writing".
>>
>>91921758
Highly doubtful.
It's not like Williamson is bad, but Kings is way better: better dialogue, better sense of timing and impact, way less awkward exposition.

I mean, I'm not denying he can pull a better script than King, but it would be odd.

We will see when the times comes.
>>
>>91921666
This is pretty bad news. The first issue of the Button when compared to the follow up really showed how King is still leagues above Williamson.
>>
To be fair, a lot of Batman #21's goodness came from the paneling and Fabok. Jason Fabok makes *everybody* seem like a good writer, even when they're clearly phoning it in (see: Johns during Darkseid War).

It's very likely that Fabok will be able to make Williamson's script shine. Plus, if Williamson moves out of the writing style that he's crafted for The Flash (and goes back towards the various styles he's used in other comics, or even if he just apes King/Scott Snyder), his script truly might be better than anything King could have done.
>>
>>91922773

Exactly.
>>
>>91922773
But will he let Fabok's art to pop out? There were some panels in Flash that was completely covered by narration boxes.

It's really concerning.
>>
>>91921938
To be honest now johns was involved, so is more likely he wanted batman to be smashed
>>
>>91922773
I feel like King's scripts allows the art to breathe more. That Flash issue was covered in wordy narration boxes
>>
>>91921938
>having people beat the shit out of Batman for 15 pages

That was Eobard fucking Thawne. If anything, Batman should have been in a coma at least.
>>
>>91921938
What if King always hated Batman and took the job only to make him suffer?
>>
>>91922964
>But will he let Fabok's art to pop out? There were some panels in Flash that was completely covered by narration boxes.
>>91923041
>That Flash issue was covered in wordy narration boxes

Like I hinted at, it's just Williamson's style of writing that he's used for The Flash. If you see his other work (Birthright, Nailbiter, and Frostbite for ongoings), you can see he switches his style a lot and only leans on internal monologues for The Flash.

Birthright is particularly notable, since it has gorgeous art. Williamson definitely allows it the space to breathe and be pretty.
>>
>>91921666
fuck these fucking scumbags
they only announce that there was a change in writers like five days before release
I wouldn't be this annoyed if they didn't hold it back
>>
>>91923150
Yes in his 'indie' works he can script a nice book. But will he switch up the style he's been using for all of Rebirth for this one issue? I doubt it
>>
>>91923119
>what if King always hated Batman and took the job only to make him sufer?

I believe this. Fuck I hate King's run. Not because it's bad, but just for how mediocre and "meh" it is. Also for how much he gets beaten up all of the time.

I haven't seen batman do anything clever or detective-like in any of his issues.
>>
>>91923150
The narration box is a big part of Flash since Waid but it doesn't work for every character. Wally had a personality to carry it but Barry is only using it for wooden exposition.

Williamson should either give Barry a distinct personality to carry narration or he should tone them down.
>>
>>91923223
I mean, there's no reason to doubt it.

He uses internal monologue because that's how he writes Barry Allen (and other Flash characters). It's not a stretch to think that he could/would be able to write Bruce Wayne and Batman differently.

Also, see Justice League vs. Suicide Squad, another example of not leaning on internal monologue and narration boxes.

>>91923304
I agree. One of the reasons I've lost interest in The Flash.
>>
>>91921856
THIS THIS THIS

Secret Empire is a godsend and Legacy will destroy DShit forever.
>>
>minor changes
>>
>>91922395
>It's not like Williamson is bad
Yes it is.

>>91923150
Nailbiter is fucking horrendous. I'm gonna go read Birthright on the back of this and I swear to fuck anon if it's Nailbiter/Flash level I hope you get the fucking plague.
>>
>>91923150
I hope you're right, but King seems like a more visually focused writer than Williamson, even considering stuff like Birthright.

Part of my issue, outside of King just being a much more talented writer, is that King also seems much more strongly influenced by Moore than Williamson does. I feel like King's style is a better way to connect the current comics to Moore's work on Watchmen than anything we're likely to see from Williamson.
>>
>>91922773
Fabok is not that great and he didn't make Johns look any good during Shitseid War. Also King is responsible for the layouts.
>>
>>91923549
Different anon, don't waste your time. Birthright is shit too. Though none are as bad as Ghosted.
>>
>>91923685
>Also King is responsible for the layouts.

King worked with Fabok to make them pop; he doesn't do layouts by himself anymore (and mainly did it for Omega Men because Bagenda was a newbie).
>>
>>91923549
There is a whole range between awfully bad and greatest good, and Williamson has been average.
>>
>>91923685
Without Fabok we wouldn't have been slightly hyped at the start of Darkseid war
>>
>>91923814
Depends on what you mean "by himself". But it ain't no different from when he worked with Bagenda. he scripts the issues in 3x3 and that's that. Fabok doesn't usually draw in that style and he's not much of a storyteller. He's a designer.
>>
>>91923827
Neither Nailbiter or his Flash is average. Both are bad. Nailbiter is maybe the worst ever serial killer horror/suspense/crime/mystery comic I've ever read. Nailbiter is a fucking embarrassment. Flash *is* better, but only in the sense that it's functional. Honestly when you compare like, Williamson's penchant for finishing on a cliffhanger with the kind of effective cliffhangers that NSM and Deathstroke do currently, what are you left with?

"Average" is like the new RHATO. Flash is bad.
>>
>>91923889
Only a retard would be hyped for John's take on Johnseid vs Anti-Monitor. The little good faith that titled gathered was because of Forever Evil and the Amazo virus arc.
>>
>>91921666
This doesn't seem promising to be honest.
>>
>>91921856
this has to be the stupi->>91923505
and wow. that was incredibly quick. stupidest post on the thread found
>>
>>91922395
>better dialogue, better sense of timing and impact, way less awkward exposition.
Hahahah
Hahahahahahahahahs
>>
>>91921666
I dont understand it comes out this week
>>
Was I the only one who thought it was a total asspull that King had Bane beat the shit out of Batman in Arkham and then Batman wins the fight by headbutting Bane once? Is that all it takes to incapacitate Bane? A headbutt? I get that they fought for a while before that but Bane clearly had the upper hand the whole time.
>>
>>91926871
I just find it weird that King's run has been nothing but Batman getting his ass kicked. King's other books tended to be a lot smarter than that. He had stuff to say. Hoping that the new arc has Batman doing more detective-y things.
>>
>narration boxes of Batman explaining his backstory
>narration boxes explaining who the Flash is
>narration boxes of the crossover story so far
>narration boxes explaining what Flashpoint was
So how many pages of actual plot advancement?
>>
>>91926688
I know you're trolling, but King's repetition in dialogue is better than Williamson's bore you to tears, hit you over the head with exposition/characterization style. And the sense of timing/impact/less awkward exposition isn't really arguable, comparing King's issue to Williamson's.

>>91926871
He's trying to be thematic and "action movie" at the same time, it really doesn't work for him in cases like that where the big fight scene he built up doesn't make sense because he tried to make it work with his themes.
>>
>>91921758
Williamson has written a good comic in his entire time with DC. The dialogue is all awful and that's what he's responsible for, here.
>>
>>91923304
Even Waid's narration wasn't so enormous and clunky.
>>
>>91928284
>So how many pages of actual plot advancement?
Definitely more than we will get from King.
>>
>>91928284
>>91930110
Isn't Johns the one who decided how much plot advancement each issue will get?
>>
>>91921666
>Josh instead of Tom KIng
WHY
>>
File: 1382447014099.jpg (47KB, 522x381px) Image search: [Google]
1382447014099.jpg
47KB, 522x381px
>That one Barry drone on /co/ who defends The Flash rebirth
>>
>>91930595
Flash Rebirth was good. What followed was a shame.
>>
>>91921666
Wait, I thought /co/ hated King now? Shouldn't Batfags be happy with this?
>Batfags
>happy
My mistake I suppose.
>>
>>91932404
>Wait, I thought /co/ hated King now?
People hate his Batman run, people are pretty hyped about his upcoming New Gods mini
>>
>>91933085
Hate is a strong word.
A lot of people dislikes the run.
A lot of people like it but are not crazy about it.
And there are a few vocal anons that strongly dislike it, but I don't know it "hate" is the word.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.