[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT, pilots that never got picked up. Discuss whether or not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: x-men-pryde-of-the-x-men-107166.jpg (98KB, 655x500px) Image search: [Google]
x-men-pryde-of-the-x-men-107166.jpg
98KB, 655x500px
ITT, pilots that never got picked up.

Discuss whether or not they had the potential to be good shows

I loved Pryde of the X-Men as a kid, it's a shame it never became a full series
>>
Korgoth Of Barbaria.
Discuss.
>>
>>91920201
I can't digest that old cyclops suit. The trunks look out of place without some upper chest detail or cape to balance them. Or, at least, get him a jacket.
>>
>>91920201

>Australian Wolverine

Nope. In the trash where it belongs.
>>
I do have to admit that I would have welcomed a series where Colossus was a regular and not just given cameos or weak ass bit parts in the subsequent two X-toons.
>>
>>91920201
But it got something better than a show...
>>
>>91921077
Wolverine being an Aussie was wildly confusing to me. Why?
He's never been shown to be Australian, he IS shown to be Canadian, and there aren't even any fucking wolverines in Australia so his codename makes no sense.
>>
>>91920201
>>91921249
So in this universe the X-Men pilot and the arcade game happened and Wolverine comes from Australia? Is his real name Hugh instead of Logan or James?
>>
>>91921253

The cartoon writer explained in an interview that it was a Marvel mandate. They were planning a storyline at the time that would have revealed Wolverine was of Australian origin (not Canadian) and wanted the cartoon accent to match (he also had an Australian accent in Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends).

The storyline was scrapped, so Wolverine's accent in the 80s cartoons remains a bizarre artifact.
>>
>>91921253
>>91921352
>Hugh Jackman's from Australia

THEY KNEW!
>>
File: mockingbirdcast.png (515KB, 550x583px) Image search: [Google]
mockingbirdcast.png
515KB, 550x583px
>>91920201
I don't know about any cartoons, but I'll always be disappointed that the Munsters remake "Mocking Bird Lane" never got picked up.

https://vimeo.com/142192109
>>
>>91921514
>>91921352
>>91921253
DEEPEST
LORE
>>
>>91920201
If it had been picked up maybe Dazzler wouldn't be such a joke to normies and Colossus would have more of a personality other than obsessed with his sister and Kitty
>>
File: DazzlerbyToddNauck.jpg (101KB, 490x755px) Image search: [Google]
DazzlerbyToddNauck.jpg
101KB, 490x755px
>>91922136
>Dazzler
>not a joke

I'm sorry, but I prefer my Dazzler to be full DISCO, and that kind of prevents her from ever being a serious character
>>
>>91920256
Metal soundtrack
Beautiful landscapes
Conan/80's Barbarian homage
Too expensive for AS
>>
File: dazzler-debut.png (634KB, 510x720px) Image search: [Google]
dazzler-debut.png
634KB, 510x720px
>>91922136
>>91922225
Dazzler being a goofy throwback to a long-dead fad may be the reason most people know her, but it's the only reason people remember her instead of Jack of Hearts or Stingray. She's too silly to ever forget.

And thus, she gets to stick around.
>>
>>91922382
>Stingray

It's a shame he's forgotten though

Dude single handedly killed a sea monster by getting swallowed, stuck in it's throat and it it choked to death on him
>>
File: plasticman_pilot.jpg (16KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
plasticman_pilot.jpg
16KB, 300x225px
this not going anywhere was a personal disappoint.

plastic man does get enough comic appearances either. in a way i like it because it keeps him special, but its been way too little lately.
>>
>>91921352

Somehow this seems dumber than making him an actual evilved wolverine.
>>
>>91922484
>doesn't get enough comic appearances
>>
>>91922484
Same VA as Brave and the Bold right? He was fucking perfect
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WPB8yEZDXc
>>
>>91920271
wtf. that is the best cyclops costume.
>>
>>91922629
Yeah buccaneer boots and the Jim Lee era one are a tie for me
>>
>>91922484
Man DC Nation was fun

Don't forget the other enjoyable ones:

Thunder & Lightning

Super Best Friends Forever

Amethyst, Princess of Gem World

Tales of Metropolis
>>
>>91922629
I agree. It had a sort of stealth look that made sense for the X-men as a covert team.
>>
>>91921616
Wait, when did this air? I only remember talk of Eddie Izzard being Grandpa Munster.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.