[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does this show only have 211 episodes? Shouldn't it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: SpongeBob 1999 pic.jpg (28KB, 500x341px) Image search: [Google]
SpongeBob 1999 pic.jpg
28KB, 500x341px
Why does this show only have 211 episodes? Shouldn't it have 400 episodes with how consistently long its been on?
>>
I guess Nickelodeon mostly just prefers to rerun old episodes into the ground. I haven't been keeping up, but last I checked, they were treating the premier of every new episode as some kind of "exclusive special event! catch the BRAND NEW EPISODE of Spongebob Squarepants ONLY at 6:00, 7:00 central!" As though a new episode of a show is supposed to be some rare special thing that only occurs once in a blue moon, and as though there's any reason to expect they for some reason won't rerun that episode for years to come like all the rest. If I didn't suspect they just get all their entertainment from the internet anyway, I'd feel sorry for kids today and the way children's tv networks treat them and their shows.

I know it's just cheaper to rerun old shit and that presenting a new episode rarely as a special event is good for getting a spike in ratings, but it still feels like such a shitty thing to do to treat the consumers like morons, even if they are.
>>
>>91919460
it's got 211 Half Hours: outside of a few half hour specials (and some hour specials and some random halfsized shorts) most half hours have 2 11-minute episodes: so by those standards, it doesn't have exactly 422 11-minute episodes, but it's got a similar number
>>
>>91919460
they reduce the output so they can focus entirely on the quality of the finished product.
>>
>>91919460
I think they stretched season 3 for a few years so they could work on the movie. I think they stretched out season 9 for a few years too.
>>
>>91921091
yeah: season 3 had finished production in 2002, but the last 7 half hours (2 of the half hour specials and 10 11-minute epsiodes) were stretched out during 03-04
meanwhile with season 9, production was straight up halted in 2013 after only 11 of the 26 half hours were produced for the 2nd movie (with 2 of those half hours stretched over 14-15) and didn't resume production until either late 2014 or early 2015 (with a lot of changes; with a lot of the boarders and writers having left for other shows, mainly Uncle Grandpa, Vincent Waller and Marc Ceccarelli replacing Paul Tibbit as showrunners, and the show switching from board-driven to script driven)
>>
>>91921091
That's a good thing, since season 3 had some real duds that nobody remembers because they aired so late.
>>
>>91921488
Which duds?
>>
>>91920918
>contemporary SBSP
>quality
>>
>>91921522
not that guy, but the episodes that premiered in 03-04 (I agree that some were duds, but others were actually pretty good) were:
Gary Takes a Bath (Actually a season 2 episode; it had spent some time as DVD exclusive)
Ugh (aka Spongebob BC)
The Great Snail Race
Mid-Life Crustacean
Born Again Krabs
I Had an Accident
Krabby Land
The Camping Episode
Missing Identity
Plankton's Army
The Sponge Who Could Fly (The "Lost Episode")
SpongeBob Meets the Strangler
Pranks a Lot
>>
>>91921543
I agree but I also see where he's coming from (as post 2nd movie stuff is better than post movie)
>>
>>91920918
hah
>>
Probably because a few episodes takes at least 9 months to make. At least that's what I heard.
>>
>>91921625
I'd say the only duds on that list are Ugh, The Sponge who Could Fly, and maybe Gary Takes a Bath. Everything else seems pretty solid.
>>
File: 1493314917645.jpg (95KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1493314917645.jpg
95KB, 600x600px
>>91921625
>spongebob meets the strangler
>a dud
>>
>>91924285
that's all cartoons in general (and the current co-showrunner vincent waller mentioned on twitter that nowadays it's closer to 5 months)
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.