[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will this be a promising season? I'm kinda dissappointed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: file.png (1MB, 1571x885px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 1571x885px
Will this be a promising season? I'm kinda dissappointed by the complete and total change, i.e it's all in Archer's head, and I hate that trope, but I'm learning to love it
>>
>>91910161
I'm enjoying it. Not as funny as the early days but fun to watch no less more so than in the past couple seasons. And at the end of the day all stories are from someone's head.
>>
>>91910161
im enjoying this different take on characters, like kreiger
>>
>>91910161
I love Nazi Jewish scientist Krieger.
>>
>>91910161
It's pretty boring, it's hard to care because it's all a dream rendering it ultimately meaningless.
>>
>>91910161
You'll miss it once it's gone.

... and at least you'll finally know what fucking era it is.
>>
You know at the end it's all going to be just in his head and Archer waking up from a coma or some other shit That's the downside..
>>
>>91911255
We have a pretty good idea now what year it is in the archer universe, Woodhouse's gravestone said 1894-19XX and woodhouse was stated to be over 100 meaning it's sometime between 1995 to 1999.
>>
>>91910161
>i.e it's all in Archer's head, and I hate that trope, but I'm learning to love it
I think it might be good solely because we already know it's in his head. Half the reason that trope is shit is because it is used as a slipshod plot twist by hacks.
>>
>>91911241
All the seasons before and after this are just a cartoon and ultimately meaningless. Just enjoy the show, prick.
>>
>>91911392
How dense are you? Meaningless to the shows canon you retard.
>>
>>91911425
The show's canon is meaningless.
>>
File: archer-s8-trailer-pic.jpg (405KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
archer-s8-trailer-pic.jpg
405KB, 1080x720px
>>91910161
I like the way Archer's mom's hair is styled. She looks better with it.
>>
>>91911241
enjoy the ride, mang
>>
the only downside is that most of the characters are slightly better people, but lana is not really there, she gets maybe a line or two and then nothing
>>
>>91911462
She's starting to look more like just an aged-up Cheryl here.
>>
>>91911214
>I love Nazi Jewish scientist Krieger.

THIS, I'd enjoy an entire mini-series spin-off starring Krieger, easily one of the most interesting characters in the whole show
>>
>>91912038
I want one starring Malory in her youth.
>>
I was skeptical at first, but I kind of like how they're telling a pretty brisk and complete story. It might not live up to the best seasons humor-wise, but if you can distance it from the rest of the series, as a noir police drama with comedy elements it's not half bad.
>>
>>91912573
Yeah, it's pretty good as a standalone thing.
>>
>>91910161
What do you mean "will this be a promising season?" though? It's already halfway over, I'd say we've seen enough. It was promising during teasers and the first episode or so, now we just know that it's doing fine.

I'm really enjoying it, the fact that it's firmly a whole new setting where we don't have to deal with all the prior bullshit, and the fact that it seems to have scrapped most of the worn out running gags for new ones is good.

Honestly, this is probably the best it's been since Season 2 or 3, I'm solidly enjoying it. The wordplay humour is strong again this season, which I'm liking.
>>
It's the best Archer has been in a while. They should end it though so Adam Reed can make something else.
>>
>>91913313
He's going to do 2 more seasons after this, both of 8 episodes I believe. He was only going to do 8 (or was it 9? I forget) and then end it but actually had a couple more ideas he liked and felt he didn't need to stretch them out so signed for some short seasons.
>>
>>91911241
You're Implying that this isn't gonna pay off when we see a new character archer has no real memory of and we have never seen him before.

[Spoiler] it's gonna be his dad. Or the face of his father right before he left. [/spoiler]
>>
>>91911241
The lore doesn't really drive the story as much as it does the characters. So it "not mattering" doesn't matter
>>
File: life.jpg (133KB, 728x636px) Image search: [Google]
life.jpg
133KB, 728x636px
>>91911442
Life is meaningless and god is dead. Be an hero.
>>
>>91911425
we're delving through his subconscious and possibly going through him piecing together woodhouse's death and figuring out who his father is. We know Mallory is sitting by him all the time while he's in his coma, so what he hears about Woodhouse dying in the real world can be influencing his dream state, letting him piece things together himself. Just because we're seeing things through the filter of a film noir coma dream doesn't mean this season isn't concepts, events, thoughts, etc that Archer is processing.
>>
>>91915228
>being this assblasted over a cartoon
You atheist redditors are all the same.
>>
>>91915228
One day...
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.