[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In retrospect making a Looney Tunes character based on Lennie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Snowman.jpg (26KB, 600x380px) Image search: [Google]
Snowman.jpg
26KB, 600x380px
In retrospect making a Looney Tunes character based on Lennie Small was kind of fucked up.
>>
Tex Avery was fond of parodying the character as well.
>>
no, it was funny.
>>
why? only good thing to come out of that turd of a book.

also, grapes of wrath > mice and men
>>
>>91909981
hmm...nope. Comedy doesn't work if you restrict what can be said/done just to avoid making [insert ??] sad.
>>
>>91910309
but those [insert ??] don't have any arms!
>>
>>91909981
Goofy was also originally a mix of yokel/dummy archetypes including black caricatures, and hell, even *Big Bird* was originally pictured as a dumb-ass yokel by Jim Henson's studio until their hearts melted and they intentionally portrayed him more so as being more child like and full of wonder. Then there's Gomer Pyle and countless half-wit characters from sitcoms (shit, even Waldo from Family Matters fit this mold and that was just 20 years ago.)

Making fun of via parody a tragic simpleton back then, especially given that a very good film adaptation was around which is why the idea was popular, was all too common a practice, and in the years that followed, kids wouldn't get the reference and would just see a big dummy foil for Bugs and Daffy to deal with.
>>
File: considerTheHomering.jpg (109KB, 569x428px) Image search: [Google]
considerTheHomering.jpg
109KB, 569x428px
>>91909981
>Looney Tunes character based on Lennie Small
>kind of fucked up

Looney Tunes was the Family Guy/Simpsons/South Park of it's era.
Cartoons have always parodied contemporary pop culture.
Mice and Men was a popular film at the time,
Foghorn Leghorn was based on a southern politician character on a radio show
Even Bugs chewing a carrot was a direct reference to one of Clark Gable's scenes in "it happened one night"

That snowman wasn't even the only Lennie spoof, there was another one with a couple of dogs.
>>
>>91910797
he's not even real.
>>
>>91909981
That's WHY it was funny.
>>
>>91910212

I don't care that I'm three hours late, you're a fucking moron

Mice and Men >>>>>>>>>>>>> shit >>> Grapes of Wrath
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.