[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Post panels or scenes where you actually felt a bit of sympathy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 27

ITT: Post panels or scenes where you actually felt a bit of sympathy for the villain
>>
>>91897637
I never felt sympathy for Ursa. Lust? Yes. Sympathy? No.
>>
>>91897915
Because she didn't give love to daddy's little tyrant which was Azula?
>>
>>91897992
Because she abandoned her children. Forgetting them so she could start a new family.
>>
>>91897637
Not really a panel or specific scene, but I felt sympathy for the Kingpin in Daredevil season 1.
I guess it was the episode when we discover that he killed his dad
He was such a good villain in that show
>>
>>91897637
>Azula was a villain

No. She was a princess who wanted to help her father expand his empire, that doesn't make her a villain. Azula was an antagonist, not a villain.
>>
>>91898133
She was force to leave
>>
>>91898296
no she was a villain
>>
>>91898336

So?

She falsely made correspondence with her former lover so that she could spite Ozai, despite him GIVING HER EVERYTHING, INCLUDING CHILDREN.
>>
>>91898296
Imperialism makes you a villain.
>>
>>91897637
In the final fight between Azula vs Zuko, when she got chained down, and is crying, screaming and fire blasts out of her mouth. Damn show.
>>
>>91898385
I feel like you haven't watch the show or that you're stupid
>>
>>91898296
What's the difference between an antagonist and a villain?
>>
>>91897637
What's the context here?
>>
>>91898336

Yes, she was forced to leave.

And then she WILLINGLY went to the Mother of Faces and asked that she be given a new life, knowing that if she did so she would FORGET HER OWN CHILDREN.

Just because a piece of shit like Ursa is put into a bad situation doesn't mean they stop being a piece of shit.
>>
>>91898499
>she tried to give everyone a better life and was a piece of shit for this
>>
Are Ursa defenders consciously or unconsciously retarded?
>>
>>91898401
No, it doesn't. If your country fought and lost, that's just the way things are. Azula and Ozai wanted to expand their kingdom, that doesn't make them villains, it makes them rulers who wanted more. You can't consider them villainous for doing something that is common in history and nature in general. You can't color everything in childish sense of black and white out of subjective morals
>>
>>91898498
>What's the context here?

- Ursa was exiled pre-series
- post series, Zuko goes to find her
- takes Azula along because he thinks it might bring her some closure
- turns out Ursa had a spirit take away her memories and give her a new face
- New Ursa has a husband and kid of her own
- Azula confronts New Ursa
- OP's pic happens
- Zuko is a huge pussy momma's boy about the whole thing
- Azula leaves

Then in Somke & Shadow, Azula realizes that if Zuko is really going to be Fire Lord, she has to basically beat the pussy out of him so he'll man up. She does this by pretending to be a spirit, kidnapping a bunch of kids, and forcing Zuko to make several hard choices. Ultimately, however, the story goes fucking nowhere and neither we the readers nor Azula herself get any form of closure about anything.
>>
File: uhh.jpg (67KB, 753x648px) Image search: [Google]
uhh.jpg
67KB, 753x648px
>>91898577
they were not merely expanding an already big empire. They were beginning another genocide of all other benders.
You are literally defending cartoon hitler.
>>
>>91898524
The only person she tried to give a better life to is herself. Which, I might add, she didn't need to forget her kids to do.
>>
>>91898634
its beneficial to literally everyone in the situation considering if she tried to go back zuko would be killed
>>
>>91898612
Thanks.
>>
>>91898653

...or she could just wait until Zuko invariably overthrows Ozai, at which point she would be free to go home whenever she wanted.

Which, again, doesn't require her to forget her kids.
>>
>>91898693
she didnt know he would do that
its a better assumption that zuko would have just joined ozai's army
unless you are telling me that she can see the future
>>
>>91898693
Holy crap you are stupid.
>>
>>91898623
That doesn't make her a villain as they saw it as removing an obstacle to their goal.
>>
>>91898714
It really isn't, though.

She raised Zuko to be different.

She should have (maybe did) sent a secret message to Iroh telling him to look after Zuko and mentor him until he can ovetthrow Ozai.

They could have united the pro-Iroh sucession group along with creating a new pro-Zuko minority to topple the regime.
>>
>>91898779
>could have
it also could have gotten zuko killed
you seem to be forgetting shes doing this soley to keep her childeren safe
>She raised Zuko to be different.
yeah but she didnt know how ozai would raise him afterwards
your assumptions are terrible and make no sense at all
>>
>>91898714
>she didnt know he would do that

She didn't know he wouldn't, either, and yet still took the chicken shit way out by willingly choosing to forget her own children.

Ursa is a disgusting human being.
>>
>>91898841
yes she should have stayed in the fire kingdom and had zuko and herself murdered
how dare she think of others
>>
>>91898857
Better to die than be raised by a murderous megalomaniac.
>>
>>91898833
>shes doing this soley to keep her childeren safe

No, she went into exile to keep her children safe. Asking the Mother of Faces for a new life was something she did entirely of her own volition. No one was making Ursa forget Zuko and Azula but Ursa.
>>
>>91898900
forgetting her childeren helped her keep away from them as well
>>
>>91898577
Holy shit you are actually fucking autistic. Ozai was literally trying to genocide a decent majority of the fire nation during Sozin's Comet with his air fleet. Heck the only time we see him in a semi-positive light is that childhood picture of him, he's literally depicted as a sadistic fucktard who had no redeeming traits.
>>
>>91898857

Are you retarded? Seriously, I'm not trying to poke fun at you here. I think you may actually have some form of mental defect.
>>
>>91898913
>genocide a decent majority of the fire nation
earth nation
>>
>>91898929
>I cant think of an arguement so I'll call him retarded

yeah thats about what I expected
>>
File: 1426049288557.png (45KB, 179x177px) Image search: [Google]
1426049288557.png
45KB, 179x177px
>it's a "this woman who had no political power, friends or allies should have just found a way to get her and her children away from her abusive husband who is the most powerful man in her country" thread

Granted the spirit thing was stupid but that's because they needed an explanation for why Ursa didn't just show up on her own after hearing that Zuko had become Fire Lord and that the war was over.

Even then, I can kind of understand why Ursa did it.
>>
>>91898946

Well what do you want, man? How am I supposed to form an argument against the random, nonsensical horseshit you keep spraying? I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but you screeching like an autistic rhesus monkey whenever I try to make a point is not how you win a debate.
>>
>>91898385

You do realize she never wanted to be with Ozai at all and fucking hated him?
>>
>>91899095
Scrapper, I know you love Azula, but you have to listen to yourself and realize you're not making any sense. You really need to stop monitoring /co/ for any threads that may show Azula in a bad light. Heck, step away from the computer entirely for a while. Please, I'm honestly worried about you.
>>
>>91898385
Ah, so you're a legit psycho.
>>
File: IceKing.jpg (348KB, 827x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IceKing.jpg
348KB, 827x1280px
This was before the whole Betty in the future BS and it was pretty sad at the time
>>
File: IceKing2.jpg (179KB, 482x750px) Image search: [Google]
IceKing2.jpg
179KB, 482x750px
>>91899902
Lich puts Ice King in a mental trap so he won't fuck up his plans this time
>>
>>91898623
>they were merely settling an empty continent

Spell it correctly, you're on an US board, man.
>>
>>91899902
>>91899926
is this different than the mental labyrinth inside the crown?
>>
File: 1438037665080.gif (400KB, 488x519px) Image search: [Google]
1438037665080.gif
400KB, 488x519px
>>91899094
No, you idiot! She didn't need to find a way to save them, Zuko needed to know his mother was out there and that she still loved him. This contradicts her OWN ADVICE in his flashback!! "Never Forget who you are, Zuko, but I will, and I'll forget all about you as well!" Why the fuck should we be connect with Zuko's concern for her if she's such a hypocrite? It's bad fucking storytelling, and it didn't need to be told. You're saying they needed an explanation for why Ursa didn't show up?? Easy: She started a new life in the colonies and was ashamed of herself for running away and not doing more to protect Zuko. That's all that's needed. It ends with Zuko forgiving her, as Iroh forgave him. It's so simple, and Gene Yang is a fucking piece of shit for screwing the pooch this bad. How he can write New Superman and this garbage is beyond me.
>>
>>91900050
Yea, this is a dream-like trance the Lich put on Ice King
It's implied that the Lich's abilities override those of the crown in the comics
>>
Wait, are people honestly defending Ursa?

Leaving the fire nation and her children behind so that Zuko can live? Fair. Understandable. Can't fault her here.

In no way, shape, or form did she need to have a magical spirit erase her memories of her children though. Any other mother worth her weight in chicken tendies would hold on to hope that one day she'd be reunited with her children. Nothing was stopping her from fucking off to some remote location in the Earth Kingdom with her new old lover and riding it all out and then going right home should that day ever come.
But you're fucking retarded if you can still think her a good person after willingly choosing to forget about her own children. That one act of selfish cowardice ruins her as a mother and a woman.
>>
I didn't read the comic, was the scene where Azula saw her mother a halucination or how was it explained in the memory loss context?
>>
>>91897637
Why would I feel any sort of sympathy for Ursa? Fuck that bitch.
>>
>>91900052
This. Ursa was nothing short of a piece of shit.
>>
>>91900241
I don't think it was a good decision but I don't think she's a horrible person because she made it. Her entire life had been shit from the moment she met Ozai and she had to give up the one (lol) thing that made it even remotely bearable to her.

>Any other mother worth her weight in chicken tendies would hold on to hope that one day she'd be reunited with her children.

Mothers are humans just like anyone else and thinking they gain wills of iron just because they have a kid is stupid. If this franchise was darker she probably would have just committed suicide.
>>
>>91900288
It was a hallucination.
>>
>>91900388
>I don't think it was a good decision but I don't think she's a horrible person because she made it.

She is.
>>
>>91900350
>>91900385

the real tragedy is in her amnesic state she's genuinely apologetic for what her forgotten self did; once her memories and face are restored, fuck all of that. I'm not even upset at her running off, but that stings.
>>
>>91900428
Thank you for sharing your opinion.
>>
>>91900388
>Mothers are humans just like anyone else and thinking they gain wills of iron just because they have a kid is stupid.

I take it you don't have children of your own.
>>
>>91900443
Ursa never really loved her daughter and the fact that she will never ever face the consequences of her being a massive cunt, pisses me off even more.
>>
>>91900450
You are welcome.
>>
>>91900481
>my experiences are universal
Considering how many people on /co/ have mother issues you'd think they'd understand just because you pop out a kid doesn't automatically make you a perfect parent.
>>
>>91900487
>Ursa never really loved her daughter
I don't know whether to find Azula's rationalization of that tragic or funny.
>>
>>91900570
No, but it's expected to actually care about them, to actually love them. Fuck right off, you cunt.

The shit Ursa did, it's fucking disgraceful.
>>
>>91897637
> Gene Yang reminding us he's a good writer
>>
>>91900638
Both.
>>
>>91900570

Forgetting to pick your kid up from soccer practice or blowing up on them over something stupid because you had a shit day at work is what doesn't make you a perfect parent.

Choosing to completely forget about your children so you can go off and start a new family guilt free not only makes you a shit parent, it makes you a shit person.
>>
File: 1410041897333.png (132KB, 364x354px) Image search: [Google]
1410041897333.png
132KB, 364x354px
>>91900661
Anon she helped murder the fucking fire lord to protect one of them and wanted to take both of them with her when she left. Ursa definitely loved them, but she wasn't a good parent.
>>
File: azula.png (447KB, 863x641px) Image search: [Google]
azula.png
447KB, 863x641px
>there will never be a good Azula thread on /co/ so long as Scrapper draws breath
>>
>>91900717
If not Scrapper there'd be someone else, /co/ is so far up Azula's ass it's really hard to have a nuanced discussion about her or the FN royal family that doesn't dissolve into how literally everything bad that ever happened to them is Ursa's fault.
>>
File: Noren_and_Noriko.png (201KB, 520x250px) Image search: [Google]
Noren_and_Noriko.png
201KB, 520x250px
>>91900709
>Ursa definitely loved them, but she wasn't a good parent.

Loved who?
>>
>>91900661

The problem with Ursa is that she's an attractive Milf, so Anons are thinking with their dicks, just like they do in real life.

If she were fat and ugly, or the roles were reversed and she were a man, nobody would be defending her awful decision.
>>
>>91900758
Good thing hate fucking is a real thing too.
>>
>>91900717
I think he's fun. This place wouldn't be the same without our resident pedophile.
>>
>>91900750
I don't know how many times I need to say that I don't think Ursa made the right choice, I just don't think she's a bad person for it. She lost her children, her parents were dead and her ex had apparently disappeared. These comics don't give the proper weight to the situations they depict but realistically Ursa was probably at the end of her rope mentally speaking.

I don't know why these threads are always about how Ursa is a bad person for not making the best of an awful situation and not about how really evil Ozai was. Ursa, Zuko and Azula were all victims of that guy but for some reason people act like it's all Ursa's fault.
>>
Not /co/, but I feel this is worth sharing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-QKd37uFug
>>
>>91900852
>I just don't think she's a bad person for it.

She is. Because who gives a shit about your kids?
>>
File: 1492545914285.gif (2MB, 498x372px) Image search: [Google]
1492545914285.gif
2MB, 498x372px
>>91898410
>>
File: 1390188093826.png (194KB, 255x238px) Image search: [Google]
1390188093826.png
194KB, 255x238px
>>91900902
>never liked Azula but all my friends did
>they hated the finale while I loved it
>they were massively let down by the comics

Anyway I think Azula should get a happy end at this point but it was nice seeing her obnoxious fans and her be taken down a few pegs.
>>
>>91898499

Considering the circumstances, that really isn't so horrible.

I mean, I think it was implied that she killed/assisted in killing the previous firelord in order to save Zuko's life, she knew Ozai was going to become firelord and that she would probably never be allowed back, so having the memories of her children ((or, just Zuko)) would be too painful to bear with for the rest of her life. So instead of wallowing in sadness or killing herself, she gets her memories erased.

I mean it WAS unlikely as fuck that they would ever have met again anyway.
>>
>>91900884
What did he do again? Murder?
>>
File: kk201511020831.jpg (339KB, 650x906px) Image search: [Google]
kk201511020831.jpg
339KB, 650x906px
>>91900884
A blo blo blo.
>>
>>91900949
>Considering the circumstances, that really isn't so horrible.

Nigger, this better be b8.
>>
>>91900959
Serial killer, yes. Lot of dead kids.
>>
>>91901005

Tell me where I'm wrong then?
>>
>>91900949
But she's a MOTHER and that means she's not allowed to make mistakes or have any feelings that aren't about her kids.

Yes, her getting her memories erased contradicts something she said in the show but that's because Gene is a mediocre writer who probably just read wiki summaries of episodes instead of actually rewatching the show.
>>
>>91901018
You tell me where you are right. Because thus far I only see a cunt that is defending the indefensible with opinions. Witch is what we all do.

This choice does do put something in the light and it's that she never really loved her kids. Not once.
>>
>>91901042
>she never really loved her kids. Not once.
I don't know if my mom was willing to murder the fucking ruler of my country to keep me safe, I'd say she loved me.
>>
>>91901033
>she's not allowed to make mistake

What she did was not a mistake. Forgetting to pick up your kid after a day of school is a mistake. Abandoning them was pure
hypocritical cowardice.
>>
>>91898714
>>91898720
not him but Zuko was the next in line for the throne and even if he did not take the throne that in no way justifies her erasing the memory of her children
>>
>>91901042

> She never loved her kids. Not once

Or maybe she loved them ((or just Zuko)) so much that she couldn't bear the thought of having to live in another country, always thinking of them, always wanting to be with them, but knowing she would never be allowed back in to the fire nation, let alone be allowed to see either of them again.

She's a human being, would YOU want to wallow in despair for the rest of your life after being banished from your homeland and never seeing the people you love most ever again?
>>
>>91901071
Yeah, after she told my psychopathic dad that I'm not his, putting me in that position to begin with. Wonder if she really truly loved her kids or deep down kinda despise them for being Ozai's kids?

Bet it's a bit of both.
>>
>>91901114
>Or maybe she loved them ((or just Zuko)) so much that she couldn't bear the thought of having to live in another country, always thinking of them, always wanting to be with them, but knowing she would never be allowed back in to the fire nation, let alone be allowed to see either of them again.

Ah blo blo blo. She gave up.

>She's a human being, would YOU want to wallow in despair for the rest of your life after being banished from your homeland and never seeing the people you love most ever again?

Sounds like a pathetic excuse made by a weakling.
>>
>>91901114
I think what these anons need to realize is we're not saying Ursa literally did nothing wrong but we're saying given the circumstances she found herself in, we found her actions understandable.

And yeah the whole "she's a mother, she has to give up everything for her children" (which she already did) is stupid and reduces Ursa's character, and it's not like she has a lot of that.
>>
>>91898496
An antagonist is a character opposed to the protagonist for whatever reason, usually because their objectives collide. A villain isn't just opposed to the protagonist in its objectives, but also in their motivation/ideology, which is usually aligned with the classical axis (axises? axi?) of good and evil.

Azula wasn't a villain per se, because her motivation for being agaisnt Aang was more because she followed Ozai's orders more than for her own volution. She was an extension of the villain, so to speak, but not a villain herself.
>>
>>91901033
She's allowed to make mistakes, sure, but that would destroy the narrative built up by Zuko. Zuko sees his mom as the one bright spot in his young life and we are shown many strong examples of her kindness and protectiveness. It's not even like it was a total lie -- it's be cool to see Zuko realize that his mom was actually a terrible person, but that's never shown. They're trying to have it both ways by making you sympathetic for her, yet they build up this sympathy in the dumbest ways possible.

Let me put it this way: Yes, a lot of people are weak. Lots of people would abandon their kid. But Why would we watch a show about some poor woman being scared and making dumb mistakes? You come to TV for the larger-than-life characters and their crazy adventures. Throwing a woman who is, on one hand, held by Zuko in such high regard, and then collapse it by showing her as a common, scared, flawed woman is not handled well. She is never called on her bullshit, and that is frustrating when our stories have been so clear-cut up to this point.
>>
File: ELIqOvR_d.jpg (175KB, 635x979px) Image search: [Google]
ELIqOvR_d.jpg
175KB, 635x979px
Cobra Commander buries his son.

The premise is a bit flawed (for reasons I won't get into) but there's something poignant to me about the Commander saying "Nah, no ceremony. Just give me a minute to reflect on his life."

(Yes, I know this thread had derailed but eh, why not get this in before it gets archived?)
>>
>>91901114

Wallow in despair? No.
But I would hold on to hope that we'd be reunited one day.
FFS Anon, her kids weren't dead. It's not like there was zero hope of ever seeing them again.
>>
>>91901176
>I think what these anons need to realize is we're not saying Ursa literally did nothing wrong but we're saying given the circumstances she found herself in, we found her actions understandable.

We get it. We just dont agree and probably never will. This "debate" will go nowhere.
>>
>>91901166
Wow, we're all really impressed dude. You should screen cap this and post it on Reddit!
>>
>>91901166
>Ah blo blo blo. She gave up.
Yeah because she lost her kids, was complicit in the murder of her fire lord and went back to her old home to find pretty much everyone was dead or gone. Real life mothers have probably killed themselves over situations likes her (minus the regicide bit).
>>
>>91901253
And now the insults eh? You know what? I should do exactly that.
>>
>>91901272
Nah. Real mothers actually have more balls than you.
>>
>>91901187
>it's be cool to see Zuko realize that his mom was actually a terrible person, but that's never shown
Okay, but why does Ursa have to be seen as a terrible person? Why couldn't Zuko be like "I understand why you did it, but I'm still hurt and I still love you and I want us to be a family again"? This sounds more like about how the comics aren't good at handling morally grey situations because they're aimed at kids.
>>
>>91901345
>why does Ursa have to be seen as a terrible person?

Read the thread or go to google and search. It's all a matter of opinion and it seems that the majority of opinions is: "You willingly forgot your kids. You are a shit person".

Probably due to nasty comparisons to irl family abandonment issues.
>>
>>91901345

How could he still love her?
At that point she wasn't his mother anymore.
She didn't know him.
He didn't know the woman she had become.

The better way to handle it would have been for Zuko to realize that his mother was, for all intents and purposes, dead.

And then walked away.
>>
>>91901470
>The better way to handle it would have been for Zuko to realize that his mother was, for all intents and purposes, dead.
>And then walked away.

Wouldn't Azula have found out the truth sooner or later and kill her?
>>
>ITT Childless Cucks thinks it's okay for women to erase their memories of their children because they are too much of a spineless coward looking for easy ways out
Adorable. You all deserve to have your parents forget you all. ;^)
>>
>>91901504

Probably?
Or knowing Azula, she'd probably find a way to make Ursa remember her.

And then make her watch as Azula butchers her family.

And then leave her alive to emotionally suffer.
>>
>>91901589
Man, I'm gonna steal that shit for my book.
>>
>>91897637
>Starting a thread with ATLA or LoK
You were just asking for this thread to get derailed and die.

Avatar literally has the worst, most rabid fandom on /co/
>>
>>91901410
That's fair, there's an amazing amount of projecting going on in this thread. I guess this is just one of those arguments that are better left abandoned.
>>
>>91898765
Hitler wasn't a terrible guy, he was just getting rid of some dead weight that was all.
>>
>>91900052
Gene's nonAvatar comics are a thousand times better. Hell, his American Born Chinese is better.
>>
>>91901826
Yes, because let's face it. You are never gonna be right in this shit. Too close to home for many.
>>
File: 1493067167963.jpg (39KB, 575x556px) Image search: [Google]
1493067167963.jpg
39KB, 575x556px
>>91901188
More of this, please, thread. I don't care about your
>wanna'be anime western craptoon
-I want more feels.
>>
>>91900852
Probably an issue with (lack of) perspective. My mother walked out after hitting a similar breaking point. At the time I didn't get it and felt some small amount of betrayal. Time, perspective and personal experience made it abundantly clear that she made the best choice of a terrible situation that just happened to degrade further in a way even she (and I) couldn't imagine. I don't blame her in the slightest.
>>
>>91898577
You're not a bad guy for wanting more, you're a bad guy for hurting innocents to achieve that. And yes, you CAN consider them villainous for doing something common in history and nature, because it was wrong then and its wrong now. All modern ethical models from deontology, to consequentialism, to virtue ethics, condemn Ozai. Morality can be gray, but in his situation it IS black and white.
>>
>>91900839
yeah these threads might actually be good without him
>>
>>91899926
>that last panel
Fuck
>>
>>91900682
It's one of the moments where we're reminded this is a 16 year old girl and kids in shitty situations often do whatever it takes to rationalize them.

Good characters have weaknesses and Ursa's was necessary to the plot: she's weak and sympathizes with the same. She couldn't stand up to Ozai, she couldn't keep Azula in line, and given the chance she ran away to forget everything. I sympathize more with Zuko than Azula but I understand why she keeps abusing him: he's a convenient proxy for the person she really has the problem with. It's not that she's angry about primogeniture: Ozai had no trouble making her next in line over Zuko and she was confident he'd do so. You could go a step further and surmise that Azula also hates Zuko because he was eventually strong enough to get past his "parent doesn't love me" issue and she never will.

I dunno.
>>
>>91900749
>how literally everything bad that ever happened to them is Roku's fault.

FTFY
Roku made a mistake with catastrophic generational consequences for the four nations.
>>
>>91897637
Why didn't Azula simply kill her, right then and there?
>>
File: RCO021_1465232563.jpg (146KB, 624x960px) Image search: [Google]
RCO021_1465232563.jpg
146KB, 624x960px
1/2
>>
>>91902693
Because what that woman said was unintentional mind-fuckery. On the one hand she's getting the compassion and apology she always needed but on the other it could only come from a stranger by proxy. Her face is a mixture of multiple emotions warring with each other; anger, grief, pain.

It's not easy to hurt Azula emotionally but this did it.
>>
File: RCO022_1465232563.jpg (150KB, 624x960px) Image search: [Google]
RCO022_1465232563.jpg
150KB, 624x960px
>>91902793
2/2
>>
>>91902829
Did the writer know the series continuity was about to be rebooted and Snively would never escape?
>>
File: 1473371141759.png (1MB, 1910x2847px) Image search: [Google]
1473371141759.png
1MB, 1910x2847px
>>91902829
my fucking hero
>>
>>91902807
All the more reason to end her shit in a fit of blind and confused rage, I would imagine
>>
>>91902873
No. The reboot was mandated and made totally on the spot, while the megaman crossover was happening. It's a small miracle it came out as coherent as it did.
>>
>>91902921
She's always been torn by the conflict between wanting to destroy her mother and needing to get love from her. This encounter not only didn't resolve it, it just made it an even harder struggle.
>>
>>
>>91902885
I've only seen stuff of him in that series that's been posted to /co/ but wasn't he somehow aware that he'd never really beat sonic so he dedicated himself to just having as much fun with the conflict as possible? I really liked that aspect of him.
>>
>>91898496
The antagonist is someone who opposes the protagonist but morality has nothing to do with it. Lex Luthor was the antagonist to Superman but Dib was also an antagonist to Zim, even though Dib was the good guy in that scenario.

The villain on the other hand is the one who is the source of conflict within the work. Palpatine initiated Order 66, corrupted Anakin into becoming a Sith Lord, and orchestrates the bulk of the conflict throughout the original trilogy by controlling the empire.

So a lot of villains are antagonists but not all antagonists are villains, if that makes sense.
>>
Everybody in The Search had their characterization changed for the worse. Think Ursa may have been the one good person in Zuko's childhood? No, she erases her own memories and chooses to live a second life. Think Ozai had a few soft spots and could be given more character if given a writer like Gene Luen Yang? No, it turns out he was always a complete cunt. Think Azula's character arc is over and should be given some reprieve or at least a decent epilogue? No, she goes crazier and joins the Akatsuki. Jesus, even the worst episodes of Korra are better than The Search.
>>
>>91897637

Except Azula was never the villain, she was an innocent girl who had really shitty parents. Azula is a victim as much as Zuko is, the difference is Zuko got love while Azula never did.
>>
File: 1467352442684.gif (451KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1467352442684.gif
451KB, 500x375px
>>91897637
>villain
fuck off, with your "6 million airbenders" propaganda.
>>
File: 1450815435301.jpg (205KB, 869x906px) Image search: [Google]
1450815435301.jpg
205KB, 869x906px
>>91898385
>INCLUDING CHILDREN
That's called rape.
>>
>>91897637
Ursa doesn't deserve pity
>>
>>91898296
She was pretty clearly a psychopath
>>
>>91901582
This seems to be a sensitive issue for you m8.
Did your mom hurt you?
>>
File: DR-Mindbender-RARE-LAUNCH.png (1MB, 800x1118px) Image search: [Google]
DR-Mindbender-RARE-LAUNCH.png
1MB, 800x1118px
>>91901188
Even at a funeral, Mindbender refuses to put on a goddamn shirt.
>>
>>91898296
Its obvious she's insane.
>>
>>91904234
shes blind but did Penguin think shes to good for him and thats why he leaves or what?
>>
File: 1247708302332.jpg (394KB, 943x1371px) Image search: [Google]
1247708302332.jpg
394KB, 943x1371px
>>
>>91911101

No she wasn't, you fucking idiot, she just wanted to be loved.
>>
>>91898296
kill yourself scrapper
>>
>>91913840

I'm not Scrapper but I agree with that anon.
>>
>>91913871
t. Scrapper
>>
Since she was forced to marry Ozai, does that mean she was raped? Was Zuko a rape baby?
>>
>>91911101
>>91913774
These things are not mutually exclusive
>>
>>91914636
I doubt it, no woman loves a rape baby, every single one wants to abort it or kill themselves.
>>
File: georgian with communism.jpg (82KB, 638x879px) Image search: [Google]
georgian with communism.jpg
82KB, 638x879px
>>91914852
>no woman loves a rape baby, every single one wants to abort it or kill themselves.
it doesn't work like that
women naturally feel attachment to their children and it is only with the advent of marxist based feminist propaganda that we see a huge push to kill your own children

and I am not /pol/tarding here but speaking from a perspective of a country that had first hand experience with both major strains of marxism so nazism and communism and the same anty family propaganda you see now in the west can be found as far back as late XIX early XX century
>>
>>91914636
yes
>>
>>91914910
For example, the rape of the sabines
>>
File: just to suffer.jpg (61KB, 584x856px) Image search: [Google]
just to suffer.jpg
61KB, 584x856px
>>91914636
>>91914917
>Since she was forced to marry Ozai, does that mean she was raped? Was Zuko a rape baby?
not necessarily although since we are talking about fire hitler it is very probable that he would rape her for shits and giggles

after all definition of rape is an sex act forced against explicit lack of consent - even if marriage was not her decision she probably accepted her fate by that point
>>
>>91914925
>the rape of the sabines
I always thought that it translated as "abduction of the sabines" in english just like in my native language because that's what latin name means
>>
File: rape of persephone.jpg (309KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
rape of persephone.jpg
309KB, 1200x1200px
>>91914970
that's what rape means in old timey english
>>
>>91900388
She's the adult the one members of the relationship who can be responsible if the other members are children. Abandoning your children is unforgivable. Being force leave was not her fault. Wiping her mind was. She's human so its understandable she has flaws. But it still males her garbage. Our decisions are what makes us who we are.
>>
>>91900570
Children are their survival are out highest priority even if we don't always think of it that way. As a species since forever. There is a reason everyone has such a bone deep reaction to them.
>>
>>91914935
Problem is that the comic made the family seem like it was a giant disfunctional mess, but then we had shit like Ember Island that seemed to even make the family having had some light spots and of course the way Ozai said welcome home to Zuko didn't make it feel like he hated his guts.
In fact the pure Fire Hitler angle came about as weird as Kuvira becoming Earth Hitler, especially since it felt like they would give Ozai a smidgen of moral greyness.
>>
>>91901316

Do you actually have children of your own? Because this black-and-white stance of yours feels like it comes from something you've seen on TV, or perhaps some sort of complex you've built up in your head, rather than the more nuanced mindset that would come from life experience.

Parenthood can cause remarkable changes in a person, but you seem to think it turns people into a superhero and come off as appalled by even the suggestion of otherwise.
>>
>>91898496
An antagonist is the person opposing the protagonist.

A villain is an evil dick.
>>
File: 1445551698913.jpg (71KB, 792x866px) Image search: [Google]
1445551698913.jpg
71KB, 792x866px
>>91914970
You are in fact correct, the anon is implying the obvious but as far as names go he's making that up

>>91915035
>booty had me like
>>
>>91911492

No, they'd been dating for a while and after this scene as well. He just had criminal stuff to do.
Thread posts: 165
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.