[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When the FUCK is the real Wolverine coming back?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 11

File: IMG_2582.jpg (227KB, 766x490px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2582.jpg
227KB, 766x490px
When the FUCK is the real Wolverine coming back?
>>
>>91892504
Who cares? "Not real" wolverines are exactly the same.

Old Man Logan or Slightly Younger Logan, what's the difference?
>>
>>91892504
When Marvel gets the film rights back from Fox.

aka either never or when Perlmutter dies
>>
>>91892504
end of Legacy
>>
>>91892611
>When Marvel gets the film rights back from Fox.
How many X titles does Marvel need to release before this meme dies?
>>
>>91892630
I thought that was confirmed to just be time travel crap?
>>
>>91892504
The day Marvel brings the real Logan back, that is a signal they want to bring back the X-men in earnest, and not this half hass Resurrexion shit. And they will only do that once they get the film rights back from Fox, so get use to him being gone.
>>
>>91893287
>And they will only do that once they get the film rights back from Fox
Xfag confirmed.
>>
>>91892671
No new X-comic titles.
Just one official MCU/X-Men movie.
>>
>>91893287
>The day Marvel brings the real Logan back, that is a signal they want to bring back the X-men in earnest, and not this half hass Resurrexion shit.
I agree and the same could be said for the real Cyclops
>And they will only do that once they get the film rights back from Fox, so get use to him being gone.
I don't know about that, Old Man Logan has more in common with the most recent movie appearance and they doubled down on him.
>>
>>91892504
i miss jim lee, the contemporary styles don't have hte weight and depth that his did
>>
>>91892504
Leave original logan dead at least for 10 years!

Meanwhile, we had the Wolvie-girl, the Mohawk-wolverine, uncle Sabretooth, and the all-new-blonde son of Wolverine, plus the Sad old man Logan.

we have enough snikt-bubs right now
>>
>>91894784
But they are all phonies
>>
>>91894130
This.
>>
>>91894784
Cherry pepsi, pepsi crystal, rc cola, vanilla pepsi and diet pepsi are no substitute for good old fashioned pepsi
>>
File: IMG_0766.png (266KB, 368x657px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0766.png
266KB, 368x657px
>>91896657
This

I wish Marvel could understand
>>
>>91897437
Why should they? They have their diversity genius telling them their characters are so iconic they can just replace them with anyone else and it will work.
>>
Hopefully never, it's been really refreshing not having 3 books a month dedicated to him.
>>
>>91896657
Pepsi is garbage though
>>
I don't get /co/'s hate for OML. he's the best iteration of that character we've ever had.
>>
>>91892504
Man, I'm still sick of him, desu. I didn't see Logan till yesterday and even halfway through, in fact around the same time they introduce the clone-Logan, I just realized I was sick of Wolverine. It really annoyed me because that movie had none of the emotional weight it deserved simply because I am still wore out on Wolverine.

And it's because even though he's been dead for a few years in the comics and hasn't headlined a movie since DofP, he was still the result of a massive plot deviation in Apocalypse, and he's still on at least three teams through his various surrogates. I have no idea how you miss him when what they're doing now, playing him in different ways, is probably the most interesting thing that's been done with him in decades, but I'd still prefer a proper hiatus for the character.
>>
>>91898175

Instead you get 3 about old man logan
>>
Where is Xavier?

How do you even have Xmen without Xavier, Jean Grey and Wolverine?

Is Angel and Iceman still alive at least? Beast?
>>
>>91899131
Beast is Inhuman now.
>>
>>91898340
He's out of place. His presence is being forced, but that is the fate of Logan.
>>
File: astonishing-x-men.jpg (167KB, 864x1311px) Image search: [Google]
astonishing-x-men.jpg
167KB, 864x1311px
>>91898416
Weapon X, upcoming Astonish his solo book and Gold.
>>
When the FUCK will Wolverine get muscle growth powers? it's the only logical next step.
>>
>>91892504
Hopefully, never.
Fuck wolverine fans. I will eagerly shoot each one of you
>>
>>91899467
MEAT FROM THE MEAT DIMENSION
>>
>>91892504

>Break Adamantium case when sales drop
>>
>>91899131
Xavier, Jean, Wolverine and Cyclops are all dead.

It doesn't feel like X-Men anymore.
>>
>>91899758
>breaking adamantium
Well, it DOES explain what's taking them so long lol
>>
>>91901078
Old Man Logan 19 $3.99 Marvel 47,428. All New Wolverine 18 $3.99 Marvel 46,731.
>>
>>91894130
So much Shit looks muddy these days.
>>
>>91901357
Is that good for a Wolverine book?
>>
>>91901902
Yes. Highest Selling x-books so far.
>>
>>91901958
Scott fags stay mad.

Wolverine is goat even with imitators
>>
>>91901996
Another wolverine is coming to 616.
>>
>>91898175

Isn't Ms Marvel like in 3 books now?
>>
File: 1490510199851.png (1MB, 1920x1080px)
1490510199851.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>91892504
When everyone forgets he was literally everywhere, tried to be an actual decent person, wasn't part of the avengers, didn't try to found the Jean Grey institute and overall when people will only remember the good ol' bud who's the best at what he does, but what he does best isn't very nice.
>>
>>91892504
just read the old stuff. there are a shit ton of old uncanny x-men and wolverine comics from the 70s, 80s, and 90s. there is more than enough to keep your interest for years. post 90s x-men is stale and overtly sjw and dead.
>>
>>91902478

yep. even if/when he comes back, you're not going to get any good stories out of a character who practically hasn't had any in over twenty years from a publisher that is little more than a PR firm at this point. Dying is the best thing that could've happened to him.
>>
File: TJ&AW.jpg (49KB, 579x372px) Image search: [Google]
TJ&AW.jpg
49KB, 579x372px
>>91898255
Coca Cola is available elsewhere.
>>
>>91896657
I'm a Coca-Cola type nigga tho
>>
>>91892504
Marvel is such shit, i havent read their shit in years, the little that i know is from reading threads and people complain, but what from what i understand..

>Thor is now a bitch
>The "real" thor cant pick up his own hammer?
>there are like 4 spider people now
>one of them is black
>At some point doc ock was spider-man? what the fuck is that shit about
> 2 Hulks, one of them is asian
>2 wolverines, Logan got old and x23 took his place?
>2 Cyclops is dead, fucking why?
>Captain Merica is hydra
> Iron man is now a black bitch
>Fantastic 4 doesnt exist or some shit
>Ms Marvel, 2 of them as well, one of them some brown kid.

fuck, a few more things but that alone makes me not want to ever pick up another marvel book, im sure some of it is wrong but holy shit
>>
>>91903262
Some of that is wrong, either way marvel is complete trash
>>
>>91903262
to stick to the superficial is stupid
there are reasons some of those books are terrible, but not necessarily are they directly because of the race/gender swap

Also, "less important" marvel titles have been decent to good
>>
>>91898408
I feel the same way about Batman.

He's been a constant presence in media ever since I was a kid and there's just nothing about him I find interesting anymore.
>>
>>91901357
No movie sales bump at all I'm sure... imagine if it were real Wolverine.
>>
>>91905575
Good point. I have a friend who never read comics but started reading Old Man Logan because he liked the new movie so much.
>>
When he comes back, HOW should he come back?

Should he be good-as-new, same old Logan,
Or
somehow changed by this "dead" experience?
And if so, how?
>>
>>91907552
He should be a little jaded and rougher around the edges. Basically more like who he was before Wolverine and The Xmen.
>>
>>91892504
More like when are they going to send that old fucker and young bastard back and give his successor some real character development?
>>
>>91902178
Hated the blond hair in the Ultimate Universe, hate it now. I honestly know next to nothing about this guy, I had long stopped reading ultimate x-men when he was introduced.
>>
>>91903262
Marvel has been trash for years, but the past couple years has been a dumpster fire.

I don't understand why people want to read about these new characters that are exactly the same as the legacy ones, but more progressive. The stories are more hamfisted than ever, trying to push boring out of place agendas in muh flying men/short hairy clawed mutant universe.
>>
>>91908821
If that were true, then why would you put forth such shitpost effort in a failed attempt to dissuade people from reading Marvel?
>>
>>91908618
Old fucker is emo vulnerable.
When they want to write him out they'll just put him through some stress and he'll retire off to a farm somewhere again.
But he's never going to be erased entirely now that they've established him as independent from the classic Wolverine character.
They won't "uncle Ben" kill a character off unless there's absolutely no way they can make money off of them in any conceivable way at some point in the future.
And Blondie is either going to be Raze (Vegas odds) or put on the teen-team for the foreseeable future. Once he's Raze-revealed, or proven to be a sales killer they'll retire him to the background cast of rotated in characters.
Comic companies don't subtract from their catalog of intellectual property rights, they only add.
>>
>>91908724
Yeah. It was kind of funny as a mythology gag, but it's not worth an entire character taking up space. Plus it makes him look too much like Sabertooth. Also that "bio-organic adamantium" shit is ridiculous, even by X-Men standards.

>>91909045
>And Blondie is either going to be Raze (Vegas odds) or put on the teen-team for the foreseeable future. Once he's Raze-revealed, or proven to be a sales killer they'll retire him to the background cast of rotated in characters.

I can't tell if being Raze would be better or worse. If he isn't though, and just fades into limbo, that's still one more spin-off that's taking up space another obscure character could use. Like Morph, for instance. Not that I'd want him with the current state of the X-universe, but whatever.

>Comic companies don't subtract from their catalog of intellectual property rights, they only add.

You know, I know it's always been true, but it really sucks how cold and calculating Marvel execs have been with that strategy lately.
>>
>>91892504
Old Logan, Girl Logan, and Teen Logan are all the same. "Real" Wolverine was a hypocritical oversaturated cunt by the end. If we're going to have a dozen Wolverine books, I'd rather they have at least give some slight differences for them.
>>
>>91909995
Raze is worse.
>>
>>91899171
No he isn't. He's just a race traitor.
>>
>>91902403
Yeah, when Wolverine died, I was fucking relieved. Then he ended up just multiplying and now here we are. I'm still sick of Wolverine, because even if you replaced every book that a variation of Wolverine is in without regular ass brought back to life Wolverine, it wouldn't make any of it any better. He, like Jean Grey, are characters that I think are better off left dead.

On the other hand, Cyclops being killed off is some grade-A bullshit and the teen version just isn't up to par.
>>
>>91910076
Yes, Senile Logan, Genderbend Logan, and Alt-Aryan Logan are indeed the cure for Logan overexposure.
(for fuck's sake, Logan guest-starred in a Gen13 comic once!)
At least now there's an alternative to having *him* on every team.
However, just like with those "send the O5 back now!" shitthreads, /co/ will become inundated with another continuous battle based upon Marvel once again not receiving permission to do something.
We've only traded one hell for another.
>>
>>91910285
They're not the cure. The cure is none at all for a while. But the point is that I'd rather have them gone than him back.
>>
>>91910343
OP here this was the point I was trying to make
>>
>>91910172
If I told you that
in Death-of-X Emma switched minds with Scott to sacrifice her life for his and so technically Cyke (Psyche -LOL) isn't dead at all ...
Would that make that Rightclops death more easy to accept? Or less so?

... But of course what does it matter as they are survived by a teen version of themselves?

Long live Tykeclops!
>>
>>91910488
So it's Scott running around in Emma's body right now?

Not that anon, but it's certainly boner-confusing, but still a bad plot. Not just because of Cyclops being offed, but the infuriating politics behind the decision.
>>
>>91911473
Welcome to reading the X-Men, Anon.
Hope you survive the experience.
>>
>>91898408
What's it like to have shit taste?
>>
>>91892504
>>
>>91896657
>There are people who think plain Pepsi is better than cherry

Jesus god lord
>>
>>91911604
It's quite wonderful.
America seems to have a vibrant and healthy culture full of inspired and intellectually engaging entertainments.
There's little to complain about.
I find myself just happy more often than not.
Life is just so enjoyable for me! <3
>>
>>91911714
I don't know, man. I think Vanilla Pepsi is a little better than Wild Cherry. Pepsi Lime is still the undisputed best flavor though.
>>
File: 1476673743659.jpg (658KB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
1476673743659.jpg
658KB, 3264x1836px
it'll be something like 'there was a hole in the adamantium casing at one of the contact points between logan and the ground so we had the hulk use consecutive normal punches on the casing and we vacuumed out the goo. we put the goo into a vat of science fluid at the baxter building and it reconstituted into logan in an unspecified amount of time.'
>>
File: Kitty-4xRCO023_1469937179.jpg (98KB, 599x674px) Image search: [Google]
Kitty-4xRCO023_1469937179.jpg
98KB, 599x674px
>>91912077
OR ...

hear me out here ...

Kitty does her one thing that she does.
>>
>>91912077
Magneto. Seperates the adamantium encasing Logan without seperating the adamantium bonded to his skeleton.
>>
Make a deal with Mephisto.
>>
>>91912220
Give a self-righteous speech until the adamantium shell cracked like a rotten egg?
>>
File: Kitty_Hates_Men_17011.jpg (54KB, 285x664px) Image search: [Google]
Kitty_Hates_Men_17011.jpg
54KB, 285x664px
>>91912490

. . .

The *OTHER* one thing that she does.
>>
>>91912553
fuck men named Peter?
>>
>>91892544
They don't really feel the same.
>>
>>91892671
Well that's going to drive Marvel's handling of the X-franchise for the foreseeable future. They consider everything else to exist solely to promote the MCU, so characters who can't appear in the MCU aren't going to get pushed in the comics.
>>
>>91899467
You just want him to have muscle growth powers because itu would mean x-23 woould have them as well. Take your horrible fetish to /fit/
>>
>>91898340
>I don't get /co/'s hate for OML.

Created by Millar, taken over by Bendis. Bendis? Bendis.
What more do you need?
>>
>>91902178

Surely NOBODY wanted this.
>>
>>91912637
Piotr, Quill and...?
>>
>>91914106
Wisdom
>>
>>91912553
>>91912220
Isn't she in space? I mean, that's why iceman is gay, right?
>>
>>91896657

Pepsi Max and Twist are the only good Pepsi's tho.
>>
>>91914106
>>91914185
And in the ultimate universe I think Peter Parker.
It doesn't count, but for the losers running Marvel right now, I think it does.
>>
>>91896657
Blue pepsi is the only answer.
>>
>>91903366
>there are reasons some of those books are terrible, but not necessarily are they directly because of the race/gender swap
No, that's exactly the reason because
>to stick to the superficial is stupid

It's all superficial, all made to look progressive, all made with no heart or soul. Then you've got people like Cho who were far more interesting as their own man but now he's Hulk for no reason other than to fill out the race swap quota. Then you have Sam in the last nova book and Reyes who were good and those get shticanned to prop up books like the unreadable squriel girl and AMERICA CHAVEZ.

Most of this shit is Bendis' fault, as well as all those shitty progreesive writers who would ratehr a soapbox than a good story.
>>
>>91906091
>I have a friend who never read comics but started reading Old Man Logan because he liked the new movie so much.
that poor bastard, he's gonna get baited into reading Bendis' shit run of "improvements"
>>
>>91914593
Or millar's.
>>
>>91896657
Pepsi is better than wine!
>>
>>91914573
Sam's book was great, but Reyes was a shitty Ghost Rider.
>>
>>91912274
>>91912220
There is really no reason why Kitty or Magneto haven't done something.

But fuck this thread is starting to make me want the real Scott back more than Logan. Scott's teenage fill in is such a slap in the face.
>>
>>91896657
>There are people out there right now who not only drink Pepsi by choice but post on the internet about how arguably better versions of Pepsi are not as good as original Pepsi

FUCKING DEGENERATES
>>
>>91898340
/co/ doesn't read comics
>>
Why does Old Man Logan have to wear that meme jacket? He should atleast go with half costume half casual like in Here Comes Tomorrow
>>
>>91892504
hopefully never. sniktbub is pure cancer, and killing wolverine was one of the best thing that marvel ever did
>>
>>91917149
Only to replace him with 3 inferior offshoots, so what did that accomplish?
>>
>>91917323
At least one of those 3 actually has Wolverine's history.
>>
>>91912763
I can understand hating Millar, but why does /co/ hate Bendis?
>>
>>91902178
>iceman looking at Cyclops's ass
>>
>>91918089
Are you joking? All of his characters have the same annoying personality
>>91918007
Where does OML'e history diverge from 616?
>>
>>91918089
>why does /co./ hate Bendis
>Bendis? Like the writer?
>Yeah him
>RAAAAAAAAA I AM SUDDENLY ANGERY and I bet Scarlet Witch is behind it
>Anon I'm gay now
>>
>>91907812
why would you want to regress his character development? he had some of the best character development in all of marvel
>>
>>91918850
Because I hate when characters come back unchanged. It absolutely should take a toll on their personality. That was most people's biggest gripe with Game of Thrones last season.
>>
>>91918261
Kek.
Thread posts: 110
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.