[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Screencap thread? I've been looking for the one where a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 10

File: 6AZs1zM.jpg (280KB, 1911x1110px) Image search: [Google]
6AZs1zM.jpg
280KB, 1911x1110px
Screencap thread? I've been looking for the one where a guy thought the Flash tv show wouldn't have time travel
>>
File: 4ueVBsz.png (438KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
4ueVBsz.png
438KB, 1500x1000px
>>
Anyone got that one of the Steven Universe fan arguing that his crying was justified because of the "trauma" he experienced? He ended up saying it was worse than what the kids experienced from attack on Titan
>>
File: 1481700324446.png (351KB, 990x1013px) Image search: [Google]
1481700324446.png
351KB, 990x1013px
>>
>>91892497
Why does Zoom hate Flash so much
>>
File: 1492812944568.jpg (94KB, 1119x456px) Image search: [Google]
1492812944568.jpg
94KB, 1119x456px
>>
File: itwasmebarry.png (388KB, 1295x2155px) Image search: [Google]
itwasmebarry.png
388KB, 1295x2155px
>>
>>91892809
>Why does Zoom hate Flash so much
Let's see...

>Pre-Crisis
He didn't really hate him so much as thought that it was dumb for Barry to use his powers for good, instead of doing evil. He admired Flash's powerset, but considered heroics a foolish waste of time. After being foiled by Barry for a few times during Silver Age, he changed his MO into copying Barry's face on himself and trying to steal his wife, Iris. When she rejected him in a Bronze Age story, Zoom killed her (though her consciousness was transferred into the future by her secret parents yadayada whatever). Barry then tried dating another girl, and Eobard tried to kill her just to be a dick, for which Barry killed him.

>Post-Crisis
Eobard Thawne was a fanboy of the Flash who collected all possible Flash memorabilia and wanted to simultaneously look like Barry Allen and BE Barry's sidekick. He decided to travel in time to join Barry in the 20th century, but made a decade-sized mistake in his calculations, ending up in the nineties. He went to the Flash Museum and witnessed an exposition about Flash fighting Zoom. While in the future Zoom's name was lost to history, here everyone knew his identity as Eobard Thawne (in pre-Crisis, they also knew it in the future, he just didn't care). Eobard could not believe that his idol, the Flash, would end up killing him, and went mad, convincing himself that he's the real Barry Allen. He was eventually defeated by Wally West, the new Flash, and sent back to the future,his memory destroyed. All that remained was his hate for the Flash, though for a reason he could not discern himself.

>Post BN
Eobard's body was resurrected and he figured out a way to "cheat" time travel ("the Negative Speed Force") and change history. He first changed his own origin story, making himself an actual professor of the Flash Museum, instead of a crook named "the Professor", still got defeated by Barry and dedicated his time travel to making Barry's life suck without killing him.
>>
File: thinkering.png (139KB, 600x660px) Image search: [Google]
thinkering.png
139KB, 600x660px
>>91893034
I see
>>
>>91893034
That Flash Museum sounds like more trouble than it's worth. Pity we can't tear it down or we'd get a time paradox.
>>
File: Wacky Zoom.png (757KB, 572x567px) Image search: [Google]
Wacky Zoom.png
757KB, 572x567px
>>91893034
>He didn't really hate him so much as thought that it was dumb for Barry to use his powers for good, instead of doing evil.

To touch more on his motivations, pre-Crisis Eobard was sometimes downright bizarre. Aside from his obsession of stealing Barry's wife and turning other people evil, there was his whole fanaticism of being a bad guy. He had little opportunities for big time crime in his century, so he'd travel to the 20th century specifically to live a life of a criminal. The same Bronze Age story that had him kill Iris also had him open a heroin drag cartel together with the Chief if Police of Central City. When asked about why a time-traveling speedster would want to be a 20th century druglord, he just replied that he loved being a crook too much. Pic related is from a Silver Age story where Eobard watched movies about New York gangsters while in prison, and after escaping from there with the help of Sargon the Sorcerer decided to talk like a NYC gangsta for the time being.

The editors were definitely not doing their job at the time. Writers couldn't figure out whether Zoom's name was:

>Eobard Thawne
>Eobard Thawnye
>Adrian Zoom

The last one persisted throughout the whole of Bronze Age sans Trial of the Flash arc.

The writers also could not agree on his powerset and the source of powers. Some thought that they derive from his costume, others had him use speedster vibrations outside of a costume (like in that issue with Sargon), sometimes he relied on brainwashing or on 25th century technology.

The name "Professor Zoom" was, until he changed his own story in New Earth, unearned. He was originally just a crook nicknamed "The Professor" for his scientific knowledge.

Then again, bad editors, so we had "Professor Adrian Zoom", plus Eobard praising his own "academic achievements" when he was a member of the Wizard's Secret Society.
>>
>>91893034
You seem like you know your shit. Could you please get on this?

>the one where a guy thought the Flash tv show wouldn't have time travel
>>
>>91894014
I immediately tried searching for it when you mentioned it, but can't find it.

It IS hilarious in retrospective, I'll give you that.
>>
>>91894104
Thanks either way my dude
>>
File: 3d3.jpg (191KB, 1430x768px) Image search: [Google]
3d3.jpg
191KB, 1430x768px
>>91894014
>>91892497
I found this
>>
The future we chose.
>>
File: 8932759275.png (2MB, 2777x4953px) Image search: [Google]
8932759275.png
2MB, 2777x4953px
>>91892497
THREE HUNDRED YEARS
>>
>>91894525
>tfw you learned the difference from fiction and reality
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.