[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MY SKIN IS COLD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 302
Thread images: 228

File: IMG_5861.jpg (244KB, 694x694px)
IMG_5861.jpg
244KB, 694x694px
MY SKIN IS COLD
>>
>>91880907
I HURT MYSELF
>>
https://youtu.be/XV_D1Y_YHlA
>>
Sure why not.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
man why did they let this character exist
>>
>>
>>
>>91883784
You're good people, Preacher.

Also are regular storytimers jobless?
Like you guys spend hours at this stuff, I just can't imagine you guys have a 9-5 on too of all this storytiming.
>>
>>
>>91883930
>You're good people, Preacher.
>
>Also are regular storytimers jobless?
>Like you guys spend hours at this stuff, I just can't imagine you guys have a 9-5 on too of all this storytiming.
I work from 9 to 5. I just let the auto poster do his job.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>tfw based bob is never going to come back and save us from current marvel
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>91883955
Ah I always had to do it myself if I wanted to storytime.
And auto deal sounds like watching a tortilla making machine while I have to hand press them.
>>
>>
>>91884075
>Ah I always had to do it myself if I wanted to storytime.
>And auto deal sounds like watching a tortilla making machine while I have to hand press them
The only thing i hate is those embedded for corrupted files.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>inb4 Sentry is the villain of Captain Marvel 2
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>91884202
This
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>91884040
Just wait for him to return with a host of Celestials.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>91884498
Why does his relationship with the Hulk make me so damn sad? These pages always choke me up.
>>
>>
>>
>>91880907
Poor Sentry, just wants to be superman but is too depressed.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>91884938
Both of them are misunderstood.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>91883887
Was that photograph seen as goofy when it first came out? Because jesus christ it looks bad.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>91884656
>homophobic spidey
really makes you think
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
I fucking miss Bob.

When will he return from space and join the Ultimates?
>>
>>
>>
I'll always love the sentry even when he sucks
>>
>>
>>91886503
I'm pretty sure Spencer is having him join with Cap during Secret Empire. Or at least that's what I heard from another anon.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
The end
>>
>>91886569
Hey Preacher, just wanted to say, thanks again for the Old Man Logan storytime.
>>
>>91886569
Thanks man. This is my first introduction to The Sentry. Good stuff.
>>
>>91884202
>Marvel movies introduce a depressed, mentally disturbed parody of Superman as a villain.

I've got to admit, that would be... interesting.
>>
Thanks op, I miss Bob ;_;
>>
>>91886854
You Welcome anon.
>>
>>91883906
Probably because the first Marvel Knights rendition was really good.

And then bad writers like Bendis wanted their turn with the character.
>>
File: 1488274723388s.jpg (3KB, 119x125px)
1488274723388s.jpg
3KB, 119x125px
>>91880907
So why did some buff dude steal Terra's Slade suit?
>>
>>91884853

>You're all fucked when The Sentry gets back.
>>
Sentry =/= Bob Reynolds, fags. Bob is Void.

And i think Sentry is better dead than in current Marvel. Bendis already fuck him for years, i cant see this again.
>>
I've always loved Bob/Sentry/Void and I miss him. He was such a different and interesting character to me.
>>
>>91889532
You welcome anon. Same
>>
>>91890112

Man, I really hate all the weird retcons and stuff about Bob.

I mean, this mini? It's great. It's actually really, really good. I don't buy that the Sentry was secretly a bad guy - How would you hide something like that from SO MANY superheroes?

I mean, the mini establishes that the idea of the Sentry as a villain is bullshit. I can't help but think that maybe, when he returned, he inadvertently believed that story - and hence became an entirely unheroic junkie.
>>
>>91890282
Read Sentry v2 and burn all Bendis New Avengers/Avengers books.
>>
>>91890425

I'm saying I didn't like the follow-up. The art wasn't as good, too. Not a huge fan of Bob's long-haired look.
>>
>>91884649
doesn't look like anything to me
>>
This was really good. Didn't realise there was such a good story about the Sentry. Getting mad miracle man vibes from this.
>>
>>91890282
Yeah, that was incredible shit.

I kinda liked the idea that The Sentry was the idealized superhero being, but couldn't exist in Mahvel without being counterbalanced and twisted by its own conceptual shadow. That was a cool interpretation.

Ultimately though the original series has all you really need. I'm surprised Marvel hasn't tried to turn this into a film or TV project.
>>
>>91880907
TRANSFUSION WITH SOMEBODY
>>
>>91890721
>>91890718

It's a great concept, but they really fumbled it when they brought Robert back. (I don't like the long hair, myself.)

Like, he didn't need to be the most powerful dude ever. Just having him at a reduced power level, hanging around and shooting the shit with other heroes? That would've been great. Hell, just paring him down to 'weak flying brick' and having him basically be a Golden Age hero come back after a long hiatus would be refreshing.

What happened to all the fun stuff, like Watchdog and Scout, in the later minis?
>>
>>91885981
> bloody

jesus fucking christ jenkins this is inexcusable
>>
Question, now that Emma is gone full evil who is gonna treat him the next time he needs telephatic help?
>>
>>91891358
>Hell, just paring him down to 'weak flying brick'

You mean completely remove the Superman expy element, and make him a jobbing joke character? Yeah, that sounds like great fun too.

I mean, I get what you are saying, but part of what makes sentry interesting is his overwhelming power and that he barely functions.
>>
>>91886282
> I already did it five minutes ago
It's one thing to shamelessly borrow from Moore but this is… I feel dirty
>>
>>91890425
>and burn all Bendis books
ftfy
>>
>>91880907
oh look,saitama grew hair
>>
>>91891968
>And burn Bendis, his kids and wife
FTFY
>>
This was really good. First exposure to The Sentry.

Safe to guess future uses of his character were shit? Seems like a hard concept to continue beyond this mini.
>>
>>91890183
This.
>>
>>91890425
You know, I liked the characterization of Norman helping Sentry in dark avengers, but I realize to make that happen he gleefully fucked the character in the ass.

I don't think I've hated a human being as much as I hate Bendis in this moment.

I never read the second run, was it written by the same man?
>>
>>91890721
>I kinda liked the idea that The Sentry was the idealized superhero being, but couldn't exist in Mahvel without being counterbalanced and twisted by its own conceptual shadow. That was a cool interpretation.

We got that with Captain Mar-vell as well, he wound up dying of cancer. So I like to think that theme fits, shame there wasn't ever any golden age interaction between the two.
>>
>>91883842
well gosh
>>
>>91886569
This series was one of the reasons I got into comic books. Was really sad to see what Bendis did to Sentry from New Avengers onwards.
>>
>>91884968
Long term depression is the fucking worst. Having both I can say cancer is more fun
>>
Just like some anons here, I've never read a Sentry story until today. It was a good ride.
Thanks, Preacher anon.
>>
Bump for others.
>>
>>91895245
This
>>
He's a cool idea for a character but at the same time sucks
>>
Now to piss everyone off, when and how would introduce him into the MCU?
>>
>>91896896
An old friend of Tony's that develops the super serum by studying Howard's work and improving on it
He beats the Void by punching it to death and then everything's fine forever
Thanos kills him four minutes into Infinity Wars
>>
>>91897045
>>
>>91896896
honestly, I think they could be trusted with him, and could give him more of a happy ending. Have Ozymandius play him.
>>
>>91885096
>photograph
>>
>>91896896
Pretty much make him Broly
>>
>>91886569
So how does he eventually come back as osborn's buddy?
Wouldn't it all just happen again as soon as he starts to remember?
>>
>>91898458
I don't remember, but Void is proportional to how much of Bob comes back. And Bob doesn't get fully restored. I'm guessing Osborn tampered with the formula or Bob himself so that he only got a small measure of his powers back. Void would be easily dealt with in that state.
>>
>>91894390
>It was a good ride.
>Thanks, Preacher anon.
Glad.
>>
>>91883906
It was supposed to be an one off thing. His story was kind of a rendition to super hero comics thourgh the years.
>>
>>91886526
That was just a silly rumour, on par with Prime returning in the Superman ongoing
>>
>>91886274
I can't tell what the figure on the left is supposed to be...
>>
>>91900626
Oh my god, I'm retarded. It's a face...
>>
>>91886487
That panel at the bottom where Sentries eyes go dark and the Void's eye's glow yellow has got to be one of the most artistic meaningful panels I've ever seen. That is fucking brilliant.
>>
>>91898940
>small amount of power
>rips ares in half
>>
On one hand this was really quite good, although it dragged a lot at times. On the other hand I can't believe they actually went with a MASSIVE retcon explanation for this character. In fact I refuse to believe that Sentry was the first ever hero and interacted like he did with all the heros.

It all feels too perfect. while reading I constantly had the feeling that he was actually creating false memories with all the heroes, because he wanted to be a hero, be admired and praised. He switches roles from mentor, to scientist, to therapist and he's just a perfect chameleon for EVERY hero he interacts with. Never just stealing the show but becoming integral to their character. It's like he's trying not to be too much of a Mary Sue, yet he can't help it completely which is why he is shown saving the day numerous times. His power level also wildly varies. Chasing Doc Ock but stopping a nuke? Touching the N-Zone?

The interpretation I am much more happy with is that he is a very timid, depressed dude who dreams of standing out, of being a hero and his power is manifesting that dream and becoming the Sentry, unable to shake off his existential angst, his depression.
>>
>>91880907
Remember when Bendis actually read comics other than his own.
>>
>>91896266
Bump
>>
>>91902286
Go away Bendis.
>>
>>91903608
I'm being sincere and I admit that it doesn't entirely work. I haven't read much from Bendis outside the Ultimate Marvel stuff.
Why do you call me Bendis? Did he adopt that interpretation as well?

The reason that I'm even preferring what I think is a fantheory is that such a huge retcon just doesn't work for me. Taking everything shown at face value is detrimental to my enjoyment.
>>
>>91903795
Seriously, go away. Everything you touch turns to shit unless it's already shit. Ult. Spider-man only took as long as it did because you had the rest of the universe to help fuck up first.
Thread posts: 302
Thread images: 228

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.