[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think Jack will actually go back in time, or will he accept

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 24

File: samuraijack-234063-1280x0.jpg (353KB, 1280x704px) Image search: [Google]
samuraijack-234063-1280x0.jpg
353KB, 1280x704px
Do you think Jack will actually go back in time, or will he accept the future as is and stay to improve on it?
>>
Sent further into the future to witness the end of if everything.
>>
>>91869537
Kek
>>
Jack dies fighting Aku
Ashi goes back before Jack is born
Destroys Aku before it takes a sentient form
Grows older
Marries the Emperor
Gives birth to Jack
>>
File: 1493226415221.jpg (113KB, 1084x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1493226415221.jpg
113KB, 1084x1080px
The time portals don't actually work
>>
>>91869295

I hate to say this, but it's looking more and more likely that he's going to stay in the future. I'll be surprised if Jack actually goes back in time.
>>
>>91869295
Why the fuck didn't he use the portal when those guys were controlled by Aku in last week's episode? Does he realize that they won't be controlled in the first place if Jack goes back to past?
Or will it work like DBZ where time travel creates alternate realities?
>>
File: IMG_4726.png (133KB, 528x321px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4726.png
133KB, 528x321px
>>91869295
>final battle with Aku
>all of Jack's friends are present
>about to deliver killing blow
>Aku laughs and sends Jack even further into the future but takes his sword
>Aku is laughing with triumph, assuming he has won
>Jack arrives in the future, overcome with despair
>but he pauses and looks around, and notices it is beautiful
>finally he finds his friends but even older, including Ashi and Scottsman ghost
>Ashi took Jack's sword and killed Aku
>Ashi and his other friends are old, many of them have died
>but the world is saved
>the future is beautiful, and Jack finally finds a portal to return to the past
>but not to the far past, just to when Aku was killed by his friends
>he is made King for restoring hope and leading the final battle
>the Gods descend to earth and grant him the ability to age as a reward
>he lives all the way to the future day that he arrived in with Ashi and they finally die peacefully together
>his mother and father welcome him into the afterlife
>WATCH OUT
>>
File: No-David-food.jpg (463KB, 935x644px) Image search: [Google]
No-David-food.jpg
463KB, 935x644px
>>91871836
>>
>>91869537
The whole point is to go "back to the past." He will most likely return to either his initial battle with Aku or to when he was a child and stop him from destroying his people. But that would be too obvious for Mr Tartakovsky.

though the second option will cause some serious paradoxal bullshit
>>
>>91871836
I hope this happens
>>
>>91869295

He will send Ashi back to the past. She will destroy Aku and undo the future, erasing Jack from existence and ending his immortal misery.
>>
>>91872237
He'll stay and rebuild with Ashi as his wife.
>>
>>91869295
Looking at the theme song, I think many people would be disappointed if he didn't.
>>
File: idijackuracy.png (485KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
idijackuracy.png
485KB, 960x720px
>>91873625
A few episodes back I had similar thoughts.
>>
>>91871836
>>91873303

>Jack getting cucked by his dad
>>
>>91873732
>emoji girl was unvoiced and a one off character
>>
>>91872308
If you mean that portal with archers, wasn't the wish well corrupted?
>>
>>91872561
It still took a fuckload of time and suffering of previous generations.
Kind of bittersweet ending.
>>
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0xtqPKR87fW
>>
No, going back in time mean literally killing everyone he's meet.
>>
I always thought his quest was unwittingly selfish because undoing Aku's destruction would also erase all of the people he saved along the way. He's fuelled by his desire to return to his time and family.

Maybe Ashi will bring that up and Jack will realise he needs to let go of his old life and deal with Aku right now.
>>
>>91875011
What about all the people who have suffered under Aku?
>>
I really want some plot shenanigans to occur where Jack can go back in time with peace of mind. Not going back in time would mean countless millions would have suffered without any hope of justice.

Perhaps the Scotsman and the rest would still be born eventually, albeit under happier times and Jack is happy with that. Or Aku flat-out destroys the world anyway so there's no reason NOT to go back in time.
>>
>Aku voices the intro to the original show
>Jack voices the new season
He's fucking toast
>>
File: 1347807749880.png (346KB, 439x500px) Image search: [Google]
1347807749880.png
346KB, 439x500px
>Jack gets mortally wounded in his final fight against Aku
>all the people he's saved join together for one last push and help destroy him
>Aku's black mass transforms into the very last portal
>everyone helps to carry Jack and throw him into it
>gets to see his homeland for a few minutes before finally passing away, his mission over and journey completed
>>
>>91875373
If he goes back in time, Aku's still alive there.
Also just dumping the guy through the portal when he's gonna die is not bro behaviour wtf
>>
My guess is two timlines get created after Aku is destroyed, one is Aku future world (with no more Aku) and a pure past world free of Aku's influence where Jack's parents are alive and history procedes as normal.

Jack chooses to stay in future no-more-Aku world to help rebuild it with Ashi.
>>
I think Jack will die fighting Aku, and the series ends with Ashi teaching their kid martial arts.
>>
>>91875030
Butterfly effect would mean all of them would cease to exist, bar the ones alive at the turning point.
>>
What if the portal only goes back 20 minutes?
>>
Jack will never recover his sword because he is no longer pure.
Instead he will find a way to travel back in time to before he got flung forward in time.
He will go save his past self, then take the portal that Aku makes back to the future and experience the world his past self created. The same people are there, but simply shifted as if Aku never existed.
>>
>>91869295
There's a reason he's got this appearance and the beard. He's finally ready to use the gardian's portal.
>>
they already did the "he stays in the future" ambiguous type of ending in the comics
>>
>>91872308
That thing fucks you up with wishes.

He would probably go back in time and become a monster bounded to protect the wishing wheel.
>>
>>91874758
That is correct.
From the villager's perspective however they had no way of knowing that.
>>
>by the time Jack gets to Aku to fight him, Aku is so bored that he just leaves Earth and never returns
>Jack's entire purpose ends up being pointless
>>
>>91876253
We Ocarina of Time now.
>>
Jack becomes the Emperor and Ashi is wife. They give birth to Jack and send him on his way to the future. Then Emperor Jack kills Aku. Do to time travel wibbly wobbly, everything works out for the best.
>>
Does anyone really think he will leave his family to suffer..if he can go back he will that's all there is
>>
>>91878580
I don't think Aku is bored, he's just depressed because he doesn't know what the fuck to do about Jack. He can't risk fighting Jack since he has the one thing that can defeat Aku, and no one else is capable of killing Jack either. I think once he finds out Jack doesn't have his sword, he'll go to him immediately to kill him. Whether or not Jack has his sword back by then is anyone's guess.
>>
>>91869295
>Fights the Guardian after beating Aku
>Uses the portal
>Only sends him back 20 minutes to just before the Guardian fight
>>
File: IMG_2382.jpg (60KB, 541x639px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2382.jpg
60KB, 541x639px
>>91872308
>making deals with demons/evil spirits
Nigga this shit is like mythology and folk tales 101. Just don't.
>>
>>91880758
They already "suffered." For thousands of years, actually. The first episode made it pretty clear that the sword isn't the tool to defeat Aku and that Jack has to let go of the past.
>>
He'll go back age quickly and die after improving the future. Thats what we saw the guardian looking at.
>>
>>91881992
Is that why jack gets BTFO by pretty much anything whatsoever when he doesn't have the sword? Even when he has another kind of sword?
Face it, the sword is everything. Until the retconn happens, it's the only thing that can harm aku, the only thing that can seal aku (and the only thing that has successfully done so before), and the only thing that lets jack be more than an average dude.
>>
>Final battle
>An Army of Jack's Allies vs Aku's Army
>Jack and Ashi make it into Aku's lair and begin the fight
>Jack loses the sword to Aku
>Aku goes to strike with it, knowing Jack is not as" pure" as he used to be and the blow will kill him
>Ashi jumps in the way
>It bounces off of her, she is now pure thanks to Jack
>Jack regains control of the sword
>Aku is shape-shifting but cannot keep up with two highly-skilled warriors
>Eventually he is defeated
>Jack considers returning to his time, but realizes he is in his time. Where he has lived most of his life and made his friends
>The world is freed but still has much to be done to correct the wrongs made
>Jack becomes king as seen in the portal vision
>Slight timeskip
>Jack and Ashi sitting with children in a village with lots of plans and flowers
>Jack begins telling the children of his tale
>"Long go, in a distant land, I, Jack, a noble Samurai fought an unspeakable evil..."
>WACHA
>>
If he stays in the future after killing Aku, he still probably won't age.
>>
>>91874857
No it doesn't. hey will still live, but they will live different lives, without Aku's tyranny.
>>
File: stop this.jpg (14KB, 259x108px) Image search: [Google]
stop this.jpg
14KB, 259x108px
I think jack will defeat aku in the future and become the king of the future
and ashi will be sent back with the sword to defeat aku in that timeline and become a warrior princess
>>
>>91882111
>knowing Jack is not as" pure" as he used to be and the blow will kill him
>>91877300
>Jack will never recover his sword because he is no longer pure.
Get the fuck out of here
>>
>>91881992
Yes, they already suffered, which is why Jack can stop that suffering by returning to his home and undoing Aku's future.

Also the sword was literally made to kill Aku, what the fuck do you mean it isn't a tool to defeat Aku
>>
File: batmanlaugh.jpg (174KB, 562x562px) Image search: [Google]
batmanlaugh.jpg
174KB, 562x562px
>>91875416
Oh that gave me a good laugh.
>>
I want to believe the most logical course of action would be to defeat Aku and stay in the future after being reminded that, if he ever changes the past, all the people he met and saved will never exist. Even if he is unable to undo all of Aku's evil, it would be even crueler to not allow that world and its inhabitants to ever exist.

Then he obviously marries Ashi and, with Aku gone, he is finally allowed to age along her and live a happy, peaceful life. I'm up for bittersweet endings but after so much suffering, Jack deserves a happy ending.
>>
>>91882184
A final battle shown split screen across two timelines. One in the past where Jack has a sword and Ashi has another since the timelines are separate. After Aku is defeated in both, Ashi and Jack can hop across timelines and visit each other, he can see the future improved and she can see the past.
>>
>>91875011
If they don't exist anymore then they won't suffer or anything, they won't exist, so it won't fucking matter.
>>
>>91882282
>if he ever changes the past, all the people he met and saved will never exist
I really don't get how people reach this logic.

Aku's evil didn't make some scottish broad bang some scottish dude and make an angry, one legged scottish baby, Aku's evil empire didn't create entire races of people or lead to the creation of dog people, or scientists, or jumping cavemen, or anything else. All the people Jack met existed without Aku's influence, it was only through Aku's influence that they met Jack, usually because they were suffering under Aku's evil. Going back in time and slaying Aku doesn't stop these people from existing, it stops them from suffering under Aku and letting them live normal lives. Not to mention the countless people that died from Aku's forces and actions will be alive again.
>>
>>91882397
You must be 18 or older to browse this site.
>>
>>91876442
So by your logic, the future doesn't exist without Aku. Damn, didn't realize the fate of the entire world rested on the ultimate evil existing, and without him no one in the future will ever exist.
>>
File: 1402041870299.gif (832KB, 285x210px) Image search: [Google]
1402041870299.gif
832KB, 285x210px
>>91882427
Nigga you best be meming on me right now I swear to god
>>
>>91882397
>>91882435
If we go by time fuckery "rules", any little change in the past, especially when we're talking thousands of years, can have a huge impact in the future.

So yes, if Aku doesn't exist, a lot of people won't die, but that means thousands of relationships will be different, cultures will be modified. You get the drill.

If we consider SJ's timeline to be linear, then yes, all those alien species that arrived to Earth might have never arrived in the first place since many of them went by Aku's influence or invasion in their worlds.
>>
>>91882363
The dead don't remember their suffering either. That doesn't make killing literal millions okay.
>>
>>91882563
You're not killing them. You're making it so as they never existed in the first place. There's a difference, you drooling subhuman.
>>
>>91882533
That doesn't mean those people, relationships, cultures, ect, just stop existing. The way people talk they believe if Aku is slain then the Scotsman will never exist, or Da Samurai will never exist, or the three archers would never exist. Aku's absence doesn't erase the possibility of these people existing, it may alter where they exist, who they become, or what they do, but it's unlike they will outright not exist because of Aku's absence, thus, using that as a base for "Jack can't go back in time, all his friends will stop existing!" is stupid.
>>
>>91882591
But thats wrong. Aku's absence doesn't stop them from existing.
>>
I think it's safe to say the way time travel works, or at least how Jack think it works, is branching. I feel that if Jack does go back in time and kill aku, the future he's in will still exist. I
>>
>>91882643
Go be 12 somewhere else.
>>
File: 9430.jpg (50KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
9430.jpg
50KB, 576x432px
>No no, don't worry about us, son. Your family, friends, nation, and your very culture, plus the billions of lives tortured and slain under Aku's unparalleled tyranny are small sacrifices to make so that you can still be with your new girlfriend and you can stay friends with all your future people, we'll be just find suffering for decades, watching our lands burn and become corrupted by the ultimate evil, wondering where you went, if you'll ever return, or if you weren't killed by Aku. After all, we put our hopes on you, it doesn't matter if you failed us all."
>>
>>91882435
It's like the 'would you go back and kill Hitler as a baby' debate. For all the horrors it would save, you also lose the progress that struggle brings. I think it's a more mature approach that Jack and the world defeat Aku and rebuild than to try to Ctrl+Z it all away.

>>91882591
And that is?

>>91882643
No, the butterfly effect would mean a total history rewrite.

>>91882762
They're already dead. Time to let go.
>>
>>91871836
I been telling this since a week ago, ashi even looks like Jack's mother

Jack reveals his true name to her and name her son after him, without realizing, Jack is her son.
>>
File: 1492924619323.jpg (48KB, 706x474px) Image search: [Google]
1492924619323.jpg
48KB, 706x474px
>>91869295
Aku tells Jack he has destroyed all portals but ONE he hid somewhere safely that jack could never reach.

Aku tells Jack if he kills him that Jack will NEVER see his family again but someday Aku will escape his prison and finish what he started without jack to oppose him.

Jack seals Aku away anyways instead of abandoning Ashi and the Future.
Jack is reunited with the spirits of his mum and dad one last time who say they are proud of him or w/e before going into the afterlife.

Jack and Ashi remain in the future traveling the world still looking to undo Aku's remaining evil where ever it may be (only now hes not alone as he has Ashi to accompany him).

in the ending song Jack no longer says "gotta get back" but instead " gotta keep moving forward" or something cheesy like that.
>>
>>91882822
>They're already dead. Time to let go.
Yes, that would be the mature way to go about it.

If time travel wasn't the main plot point. You don't just "let go" of your family when you can literally go back and time and stop them from suffering and dying, and the billions of people, homes, cultures and races wiped out by Aku. Jack's mission, his whole life is to STOP AKU, the story is about undoing the future that is Aku, letting go of that would make everything Jack has done, has suffered for, has dreamed about, and hoped about, pointless.
>>
>>91882822
>It's like the 'would you go back and kill Hitler as a baby' debate. For all the horrors it would save, you also lose the progress that struggle brings. I think it's a more mature approach that Jack and the world defeat Aku and rebuild than to try to Ctrl+Z it all away.

No see, the difference between these arguments is Hitler didn't enslave the entire planet and twist it into a hellscape under his nightmarish rule. And secondly, what fucking progress? Yeah, the future is super high tech and neat, but do you know what the legacy of the past is? Not a shining march of progress, it's a torturous trudge under Aku's whip, you're basically saying "Ah nah, don't go back and time and stop Aku's future from coming about, I mean look at all the cool shit we got because of him, so what if he wiped out a few races, enslaved innumerable people, and is literally evil incarnate, that stuffs in the past, we gotta move on man!"
>>
>>91882822
The Butterfly effect is a theory, and we have no idea if Jack's universe works under it. For all we know, everything would go the same way, only now it wouldn't be under the influence of Aku, but instead a natural progression of time.
>>
>>91883077
you're drooling all over yourself again, timmy.
>>
>>91882926
His and his father's mission was to stop Aku. The 'go back in time' part is Jack's idea because he wants to return home. Do you think he'd be willing to do it if he found out everybody he knew, from the Scotsman to the people he saved, won't even exist? Bare in mind we're talking about a universe with an afterlife, so that's WORSE than death.

>>91883030
Well yes, going through that hell and coming out stronger and more defiant is going to be better than just sweeping it under the carpet.
>>
File: 500.jpg (69KB, 500x563px) Image search: [Google]
500.jpg
69KB, 500x563px
>>91883159
>>91882708
>>91882427
You're getting real desperate here, bud
>>
>>91883210
You're not getting any smarter I see.
>>
>>91883183
> Do you think he'd be willing to do it if he found out everybody he knew, from the Scotsman to the people he saved, won't even exist?
Again, you have no proof this would happen, it's your wild guess that that might happen, and this is Jack were talking about, do you really think he considers the possible side effects of altering the time stream? He probably doesn't even know what theoretical physics are.

Jack's mission is to stop Aku, to save his home, that has ALWAYS been his mission, and he has done everything he could to go back and save his people. If Jack does not return to the past, Aku wins. He has already corrupted the world to the point that it will take hundreds of years to unfuck the world, and everyone Jack has ever cared about from his home died a horrible, agonizing death. Aku won, and Jack staying in the future cements his victory.
>>
>>91882762
This. Jack's parents and the other slaves probably spread stories about Jack going to Aku's lair. For generations people would wonder why he failed, as they watch Aku consume everything.
>>
>>91883183
But no one besides Jack comes out stronger. Worlds are ruined, entire races are gone or dying, the world itself is filled with Aku's evil influence and corruption, and there are countless beings under Aku's command who are almost as evil. You're saying that Jack should give up the chance at ensuring NONE OF THAT happens, and instead taking the route of cleaning up the nightmare that Aku left behind. Yeah, thats 'real mature"
>>
>>91883352
We saw the kind of torture Jack went through when he thought there was no more hope left in returning to the past, or that he made any difference. Imagine the kind of despair his own people felt when Jack never came back, and Aku continued his campaign of ruin across the land, imagine just how painful it was for them to lose every last ounce of hope and give up, accepting that they would live, for a short time at least, under Aku's wrath
>>
>>91883335
>>91883077
>Major global disaster
>Centuries pass
>Expecting the same characters, including aliens to be around and prancing about on flowerbeds.

>>91883421
Right. So I take it you missed the dozens of times the good people come out stronger with Jack's help, start settlements and even amass armies in defiance of Aku?

"Nah, that's not good enough. Just wipe it all out for an easier time".
>>
I just want this to happen

>Jack goes through portal
>Cuts to when Aku first sent Jack to the future
>Gives his we will meet again speech
>Right after the moment where the original scene ended Jack appears above Aku
>Jack kills Aku with one hit
>>
I just kinda hope the finale ends up being hardcore as fuck, would be cool to see /co/ implode on itself
>>
File: shitposter detected.gif (2MB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
shitposter detected.gif
2MB, 480x272px
>>91883077
>just a theory

Things affecting other things is just a theory...?
>>
>>91869295
He will be immortal and never die if he choose to stay in the future so he has to go back.
After he defeated aku and become the emperor, he will be greeted by the guardian who told him he could return anytime except he must choose his heir to inherit his kingdom, and the decision must be wise because there will be a 2nd coming of aku and they need a king as awesome as jack.

This will caused a throne war that jack must taken care of before going back to the past.

Here's a list of candidate for the throne:
>Scotsman's eldest daughter or son
>the new king of spartan kingdom
>the female mercenary princess that had tried to assassinate jack
>that baby jack saved 50 years ago who had grown up a strong warrior
>possible aku's die hard follower like demongo or scaramouche, maybe DEATHBLOW

ashi will choose not to inherit the throne because she knows better that it is a great responsibility.
>>
>>91869295
I think he defeats Aku, but only returns to the past much later in life, like we see in the Guardian's portal.
>>
>>91883580
"Okay Jack, heres the moment, heres your choices, you can either
A: Go back in time, kill Aku, save your people and the uncountable number of people who will get to live happy, peaceful lives, free of Aku, and the world will never have to endure Aku's evil ever
OR
B: Stay in the future, let down everyone who put their hopes on you to save their lives and save their land from Aku, continue to shoulder the billions of lost lives, because by not going back in time, it is literally your fault they died, and now have to pick up the pieces of a broken world, beset by hordes of villains and monsters who no longer have to kowtow to Aku and are free to go wild on this already broken and scarred world.
>>
He goes back to the past to fight Dinosaurs
>>
It wont matter, the show has essentially become fanfiction in all but name. So no, not until the show actually returns.
>>
Here, I'll just handle it for both sides
>Jack kills Aku in the future
>Goes to the past
>Kills Aku in the past
>Both timelines exist
>Aishi and all the other Jack allies go on to fix their world
>In the past Jack lives his life happily with his family and remembers the people of the future
>Happy ending for all
>>
My theory for the ending is Jack kills Aku and changes the future, at the cost of erasing all his friends, but he stays immortal. So he travels the world doin his Samurai Jack thing, like being silent hero and helping grow society for a millennium until he meets all his friends again, this time in a world without Aku.

I think thats the best compromise between the two possibilities, Jack fulfills his goal and everyone he helped in the series isnt wiped away
>>
>>91883894

I actually think something like this will happen.

It'd be a happy ending, lord knows Jack deserves one.

It'd also let Ashi carry on Jack's legacy in the future-everyone would know what Jack did, it wouldn't invalidate the successes Jack had in the future, etc.
>>
>>91883772
>Stay in the future, let down everyone who put their hopes on you to save their lives and save their land from Aku, continue to shoulder the billions of lost lives, because by not going back in time, it is literally your fault they died, and now have to pick up the pieces of a broken world, beset by hordes of villains and monsters who no longer have to kowtow to Aku and are free to go wild on this already broken and scarred world.
That's not Jack's fault though. It was Aku who sent him through time so he could party on Earth for centuries. So like it or not, Jack has a choice between the people who existed that moment in time or the unnumbered generations, suffering and dead, that'll be completely wiped from existence if he changes history.

The monsters are only there with Aku's backing and people have fought them back. The 'broken and scarred' world is just you selectively forgetting all the lush forests we've seen in the past episode. Earth will be just fine after Aku's dead.
>>
>>91883994
>Jack is the only one who can kill Aku
>Jack can return to the past, where he belongs
>Jack can stop Aku's reign of terror from ever occurring
It is literally Jack's responsibility to stop Aku from ruining the world, he is the only person in history who can do it, and for him to choose NOT to go back in time to undo Aku's future means it is LITERALLY his fault Aku is allowed to do what he wants and ruin the world.
>>
>>91884121
>>Jack is the only one who can kill Aku
Which he was doing, until Aku cheated.

>>Jack can return to the past, where he belongs
>>Jack can stop Aku's reign of terror from ever occurring
Not without erasing a lot of good people. No matter what you say, that's what's going to happen.
>>
All these people who can't wrap their heads around the concept of a lot of people Jack meets not existing if Aku is erased in the past, what the fuck. I knew /co/ was fucking retarded but not to this extent.

Taking a small scale event, imagine your grandfather or something served on WW2. He got injured in a battle and was relieved of duty and sent to a hospital where he met a nurse who he ends up marrying and becoming your grandmother.
Now imagine some time traveler kept WW2 from happening, by whatever means. The circunstances your grandparents met don't exist anymore, they don't start a relationship and thus you and other descendents of them do not exist anymore in the new future.
Sure, a lot of people who lost their lives due to the war wouldn't die and also would go on to have different lives but a lot of people who exist today would never be born. Maybe your grandmother had a fiancee who she lost to war before meeting your grandfather, or your ancestor's family moved due to fear from being near a combat zone. All that gone. And those are direct effects, there's countless indirect ones that would pile up over time making 2017 in a timeline where WW2 happened and 2017 in a timeline where it didn't very different.

And this example is one historical event that happened over the course of a few years. Aku's been there shaping society for millenia. It would be like if someone went back in time and erased Rome.
>>
>>91884194
Okay, well I can see this discussion is going nowhere, because you seem to believe your theory is an absolute truth, thus I will take my leave here, for this reminds me too much of another person who acted the same way and ruined a lot of good things for me because of that.
>>
>>91884249
We don't know that's how it will play out. Time travel can work in many, many different ways, and the "split timelines" theory is just as valid as the "future gets unwritten" theory. This is essentially boiling down to an argument on which theory of time travel is correct.
>>
>>91884249
>calls others retarded
>thinks the way time travel works is set in stone
>>
>>91884417
>>91884575
Multiple timelines would acommodate both versions existing at the same time, I don't think I even touched that subject.
People's existence would get negated in the timeline Jack creates by fixing things but they still exist in the unaltered one.

I was talking about the people not understanding the changes adding up and thinking Jack defeating Aku in the past would create a happy future with all the people he's met, which is highly unlikely to say the least.
>>
>>91871836
That makes no fucking sense though
>>
>>91869295
He's gonna die, so it doesn't matter.
>>
File: 1467868136098.jpg (28KB, 650x600px) Image search: [Google]
1467868136098.jpg
28KB, 650x600px
>>91871836
>>
>>91871836
Jack will die. But his soul will choose to go back in time, the time when he was happiest, and he will be at season 1 first episode. Ashi who loves Jack wants to be with him too and wants to be in a time when Jack would love her, but since he already loves Aku she'll go back in time before Jack is born, and become his mother.
>>
What if he can kill Aku in a way that erases him in all instances of time, so he doesn't have to go back?
>>
>>91871836
But then where did Jack's X chromosome come from?
>>
>people thinking he's going to die
>people thinking he's actually going to go back to the past
The whole point of this season is how much he's affected the time he's in now and the whole moving on from guilt.

He's going to team up with Ashi and all his friends, defeat Aku and then work on fixing the future. His parents even tells him in one of the old episodes to move on
>Aku's victories are not your failures
>You have won many victories and rekindled hope in the hearts of those you've protected
I swear this board is dense. Its like all the people asking "who's the green samurai following him" when it was obviously the personification of death when he's been running from for 50 years
>>
File: 1491711676603s.jpg (3KB, 125x111px) Image search: [Google]
1491711676603s.jpg
3KB, 125x111px
Why y'all acting like Ashi is going to stay around? The Scotsman was near Jacks level, with a vaguely magical sword, and in the 50 years never tried to kill Aku by himself? When Jack does it every few episodes? Not only that, but aside from physical differences, Jack has had 50+ years of training. He was at a massive disadvantage against her group, and managed to fight and kill 6 of them after being ambushed and stripped of all of his weapons and armor.

As a side note, why doesn't use another form of attack? A couple hundred thousand robots could be sent out to kill him, with the ability to spray any sort of poison gas. He'd be dead on his first encounter. OR Why not nuke Jack? Aku's scientists (and others) have the skill to create highly intelligent sentient killer androids. They can't make a nuke and a delivery system? We've seen aliens come to the planet, and we know they have the knowledge of hyperdrive technology. Aku knows they aliens exist, and even hired those alien bounty hunters. It's a really simple matter really. He is the ruler of the entire world, what's killing a couple of million to stop his only thread in the world?

Did the beings who originally fought Aku in space those millions of years ago not get the memo that he's alive? Being space gods and all. I know I'm over analyzing a cartoon, but whatever.
>>
>>91888433
She has plot armor.
>>
>>91869295
Man almost killed himself over his honor and failing to go back and save the past. Jack needs to go back.
>>
File: Spoilers.jpg (112KB, 1189x890px) Image search: [Google]
Spoilers.jpg
112KB, 1189x890px
>>
>>91871836
I didn't realize Genndy was a JRPG fan
>>
File: sh2.jpg (57KB, 640x465px) Image search: [Google]
sh2.jpg
57KB, 640x465px
>>91890003
forgot reference
>>
>>91882533
>If we go by time fuckery "rules", any little change in the past, especially when we're talking thousands of years, can have a huge impact in the future.

That's specifically the "butterfly effect" school of thought, there are other schools of thought on time travel that teach different things, depending on which approach a piece of fiction chooses to take determines if this is even true or not.

Also, it's a moot point anyway because by not acting Jack is sacrificing the future where Aku is not law. That's the thing about opportunity cost, it happens regardless of which option is chosen. Either way the existence of somebody is presented, you being alive means billions of other possibilities didn't happen.
>>
>>91869295
The portals are all gone.
>>
File: mercy.gif (2MB, 260x260px) Image search: [Google]
mercy.gif
2MB, 260x260px
>>91871836
If Genndy goes full Oedipus on us he might actually save western animation
>>
>one portal left, but single use
>Aku broken and beaten
>Jack is about to step through
>Aku keks and says that if the sword had the power to kill him, Jack never would have been necessary. So go on and take a pathetic victory, he'll be back.
>Jack pauses.
>Jack grabs Aku.
>Jack hurls him into the future, specifically, 'to the end of all time.'
>[AKUTISTIC SCREECHING]
>Jack never goes home, but he's truly defeated Aku
>>
I was gone for over a week and finally watched the most recent episode. Does anyone have the updated Reaction Guys card?
>>
>>91890671
That would be pretty neat. Especially since the sword never seems able to actually kill Aku.

Jack has sliced him to bits and down the middle before and Aku survives to flee. It hurts him but can't totally destroy him.
>>
>>91871836
Isn't that pretty much Shadow Hearts 2's ending?
>>
What if it all ends with a Eclipse?
>>
I don't think jack is going back. Ashi was birthed specifically for the purpose of destroying jack. If he changes the past/kills aku that'd cause a paradox
>>
I want him to either go to the past or to be explained that every single way of going to the past has been destroyed. We know the Guardian exists so they would have to explain that.

If Jack can go to the past but he decides not to that would be an act so selfishly out of character it would legit ruin the series for me.
>>
>>91869295
Let Jack go back to the past would be the best end, though.
>>
>>91883183
Okay I guess we should all start comitting genocides and nuking eachother because it will make us stronger and more resilient.

Bad things are not good.
>>
There has to be something that will involve at least the scottsman's daughters and probably a team up of other people since from a writing perspective it doesn't make sense to leave them out. None of them can really help fight Aku directly, so I'm guessing it will be Aku's army versus everyone Jack has helped and Jack will face Aku at the same time, but Aku's minions will be interfering so Jack doesn't just dominate 1v1.
>>
File: 4iC9gH0.jpg (25KB, 799x613px) Image search: [Google]
4iC9gH0.jpg
25KB, 799x613px
>jack defeats Aku in future, starts aging
>stays in future to rule and train more
>finally becomes good enough to defeat guardian as pic related

note the gray beard and Crown
>>
>only 4 episodes left
>at least 1 just to get the sword back which is next episode
I'm guessing a 2 parter finale but this still seems rushed
>>
>>91882622
>That doesn't mean those people, relationships, cultures, ect, just stop existing.

...Except they will?

Aku's reign had a direct role in changing how people lived on Earth for centuries, which means that just about everyone in the present and the scores of generations before them were a product of Aku's legacy. Without Aku, the specific, intricate events that have reached across thousands of years and led to the births of the Scotsman, Da Samurai, etc. will change drastically, to the point where even their grand-grand-grand-grand parents wouldn't exist.

Think of a world without Christianity. Do you think we all would still exist in some way?
>>
>>91894837
*great-great-great-great grandparents

I have no idea how I fucked that up.
>>
>>91894382
There's not that much left to do desu
>Get the sword
>Get the Army
>Beat Aku
4 episodes should be plenty of time
>>
>>91882133
He slays an evil god and becomes a god of peace and prosperity.

He can visit his family in the after life because he went from demigod to full on god by beating aku.
>>
>>91883700
>He will be immortal and never die if he choose to stay in the future so he has to go back.
Maybe the gods are just extending his life until he succeeds in his destiny?

We don't even know why he's unaging right now.
>>
File: Mecha Popeye.jpg (44KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
Mecha Popeye.jpg
44KB, 736x552px
'And he dusted me eye!'

Fuck that was funny

>in his desperation through the years Aku actually found or had built a Mecha Popeye
>after what must have been an apocalyptic battle, Jack actually beat him
>still in the end the only damage Jack did was a dusted eye
>>
This brings up a good question.
Jack has known nothing but fighting and training for most of his life, ever since he was 5. After that it's been over 50 years of constant battle. Would he really be able to adjust to a peaceful life specially if he starts aging at normal pace?
>>
>>91869295
Actually, it will feature one of 4 interactive and totally original ©® endings. The official one will be decided by SMS voting. Aku is weakened, an oracle appears and gives Jack 3 options:

>1st
Kill Aku, and Ashi dies too due to some sort of bond with Aku. Jack can return to the past.

>2nd
Jack kills himself and his soul binds Aku to his will. Unable to go back to the past, Samurai Jack uses Aku's power to fix chaos

>3rd
Jack and everyone merges with Aku, Jack is fully killed in the process

>4th
Jack refuses oracle's choices and tries to defeat Aku himself, but is killed
>>
File: b1f3c167558edb15558ef60fd083fe02.jpg (160KB, 647x1000px) Image search: [Google]
b1f3c167558edb15558ef60fd083fe02.jpg
160KB, 647x1000px
>>91896675
Last time we gave fans a choice in the outcome of a character we got edgelord related. We're not going through that again.
>>
mega?
Thread posts: 140
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.