[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So random question about The Simpsons, /co/. I've heard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: consume my pantaloons.jpg (297KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
consume my pantaloons.jpg
297KB, 1200x1600px
So random question about The Simpsons, /co/.

I've heard talk for a while now that The Simpsons has gotten good again. Obviously, it's been some time since it jumped the shark, and the show has since been notorious for being shit and not like its early seasons. However, again, I keep hearing that the new seasons are actually good. Not as good as the first 8 or so, but good nonetheless.

What I'm wondering is, is this legit? Has The Simpsons really improved to the point where it's good again, or is it just the desperate ramblings of Simpson fanboys?
>>
>>91852548

It has gotten a bit funnier over the years, but yeah it's nowhere near golden age. A lot of the episodes are still terrible, but it's mostly just mediocre. It still lacks the satirical bite of the original, and the emotional moments are unconvincing (if they do attempt them), but it's gotten more tolerable imo.
>>
>>91852708
Do you think it could get better overtime? Like, do you think this is a sign that the show will be better in the long run somehow?
>>
>>91852548

it will never be as funny as it used to be. the core of writers left long ago and that kind of chemistry will never exist again.

however the simpsons is still better than the average prime-time sitcom. even if it's a 'bad' episode, it will still make you laugh sometimes.
>>
>>91852792
>do you think this is a sign that the show will be better in the long run somehow?

No, not really. The writers will move on and they'll get a bunch of new assholes who will again misinterpret the spirit of The Simpsons.
>>
>>91852548
Felt like the Boston episode back in October was fairly decent
>>
>>91854005
I remember there was an episode about Yale becoming PC that obviously ragged on SJW's. Yeah yeah I know it's a buzzword but from what I could tell from clips of it, it was pretty funny desu.

Plus this clip (from 2010 even, before hyper-PCness was a as much as a thing as it is today) is pretty hilarious:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ry4_sgD8Eng
>>
It's hit-and-miss. Quality ranges from great to bad, though it's rarely ever unwatchably terrible. But usually, episodes fall under "eh" or "eh, but it had a few good jokes."

Once in a blue moon, you even get truly amazing episodes, like Barthood.

The past couple of seasons suffer from having too many Lisa stories, and Lisa is about as interesting and funny as the Holocaust is to Jews.
>>
>>91854804
I fucking hate it when Lisa's liberal-ness gets shoved down the viewer's throat. Nothing wrong with being liberal inherently, but I can never take it seriously when for example, when Lisa sees a picture of meat or real meat she gasps in horror.

Then again, it could be possible that she's not supposed to be taken entirely seriously, but I highly doubt that.
>>
>>91852548
tbf the Simpsons never went too bad, like it's had it's run of terrible episodes but the writing team is fairly competent, I watch the odd one and it's usually funny but mostly cringe.
I see one of these threads or articles all over the internet every season, it's still been running too long, there's not really any hope, just look to imdb rankings or something.
>>
>>91852548
>However, again, I keep hearing that the new seasons are actually good. Not as good as the first 8 or so, but good nonetheless

You guessed wrong and I'll thank you to never take advice from Boco.
>>
>>91854610
The Boston one was great.

>>91854804
This is a good way to describe it.
>>
>>91852548
>I've heard talk for a while now that The Simpsons has gotten good again

Don't fucking listen to those morons. It's mostly just Boco and a few shitposters saying that.
The show might have become better than the absolute shit it was a few seasons ago but it's not anywhere near to being as good as even a bronze age season like 12 or 13.
>>
>>91858958
The only people who still watch the Simpsons are Boco, that Lisa foot fetish guy, and a few guys on NoHomers.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.