[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"Stop making classic heroes into assholes!" >Asshole

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: hgjkl.png (577KB, 900x312px) Image search: [Google]
hgjkl.png
577KB, 900x312px
>"Stop making classic heroes into assholes!"
>Asshole versions of the heroes end up being the most compelling characterizations in decades
>>
>>91847665
>>Superior Spider-Man
>>Compelling
You can have one or the other but you can't have both.
>>
>>91847725
It was pretty fun to read. I was over and done with Slott shitty writing, but Superior Spider-man kind of dragged me back out of morbid curiosity and eded up enjoying it more than I would have expected.

Once it was over I stopped reading again.
>>
>>91847665
Enjoyed them all. Not sure if they're really assholes.
>>
>>91847665
What's going on with the Hulk one?
>>
Iron Man was the most interesting Iron Man book in years and they cancelled it for Bendis to drive the book into the ground, forcing them to make him a black girl named after his daughter

I'm still mad
Also where the fuck is my Pymtron book. And where the fuck is Eric as a Superior Ant-Man?
>>
>>91847665
People loved new-52 supes so much he died and nobody cared.
>>
>>91848309
He's still alive, his stories just happened when he was older, married, and more experienced.
>>
>>91848384
Oh yeah, the whole reborn arc in rebirth.

He still technically died.
>>
>>91847864
Yeah, I was never a big fan of Spider Man but I read the entire Spock storyline and loved it. It was a weird deconstruction of what it means to be a superhero and exactly what makes Peter the Superior Spider Man. Dropped it as soon as they relaunched it as Amazing with a fresh #1 because it just seemed like more of the same with shitty Ramos art.
>>
>>91848099
That's Doc Green which is Hulk's mind enhanced with Extremis which made him smarter than Banner. One of the main things he did was to cure all the gamma people in the world like Red She-hulk amd A-bomb so he would be the only Hulk around. He was really becoming a lot like the beginning of Maestro Hulk.
>>
>>91848099
To save Banner's life/intelligence, Tony had him shot up with extremis. This gave us another hulk persona with intelligence, going by the name of Doc Green.
His story-arc was essentially bringing back status quo by removing the gamma radiation from everyone but She-Hulk. After that was done, he was just another member of the Illuminati.
>>
>>91847725
SpOck is best Spider.
>>
>>91847665

>Asshole versions of the heroes end up being the most compelling characterizations in decades

Gee, it's almost as if fleshing superhero characters out by giving them flaws and exploring the moral and ethical implications of their decisions instead of portraying them as two-dimensional "goody two-shoes" characters makes them feel more like actual people rather than cardboard cutouts.

BUT NO IT'S JUST THE ASSHOLE THING! MAKE A CHARACTER AN ASSHOLE = BEST CHARACTERIZATION EVAR
>>
>>91847864
>>91848459
Spock was dumb as shit
>Let's have him act completely different from Peter, but have no one he's close to actually figure that shit out
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.