[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: shows that were basically animators shitposting and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

ITT: shows that were basically animators shitposting and taking the piss
>>
>>91830776
two stupid dogs was a pioneer in sorta bringing cartoons back after decades of them being mindless and terrible
funny thing is it kept and even reused a lot of hanna barbera's shit from its shitty era, like secret squirrel, except.. they had fun with it and were smart. even the stupidity was smart
>>
>>91830776
It and SSSS were the SHIT, and needs to be released.
>>
>>91830776
Flapjack if you think about it.
>>
>>91830776

Oh, yeah, the backlash of Ren & Stimpy
>>
File: 2017-04-21 08.06.02.jpg (41KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-21 08.06.02.jpg
41KB, 320x240px
>>91830776
Rewatching that show was a weird experience.
>>
>>91830776
Watched it all the time as a kid and didn't realize way into adulthood when I re-watched it that Big Dog was Brad Garrett (Everybody Loves Raymond's brother).

I don't know why I remember that surprising more than anything else in the show, including the scene where they're telling a silhouetted stripper to take it off.
>>
File: 1491532983664.png (174KB, 326x326px) Image search: [Google]
1491532983664.png
174KB, 326x326px
>>91832080
>now kiss and make up
>they just start making out super hard and no one brings any attention to it
>>
>>91831383
funny to think that the TTG channel saved western animation at one point with creative, original cartoons.
>>
>>91832599
You've just gotten old, old man
>>
>>91832618
You're not completely wrong.
I will say however that if you look at the credits to dexters lab you'll see a lot of now famous names.(butch hartman, seth mcfarlane, genedy tarkavsky, craig mcracken)
not so much for TTG.
I still enjoy new cartoons from time to time(E.G. gumball) but the quantity of good to bad just doesn't cut it anymore.
try hosting an entire friday of new and innovative cartoons now with the current lineup, you'll run out of quality in no time.
>>
File: 1453512881065.png (231KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1453512881065.png
231KB, 640x480px
>>91830776
>>
>>91830776
Chowder in general, but specifically that one scene where Chowder drew on the screen and it had to be cleaned off

http://m.imgur.com/vSAr6Xl

>4mb image limit
>>
>>91832774
I mean it all depends on your personal taste
Many people would say we've had tons of great cartoons in the roughly 2010s era and if not great at least successful

Let's see, TTG just to get that out of the way of a show thats seen large success, but also Adventure Time, Regular Show, Steven Universe, Gravity Falls, Star Vs, Wander, MLP FIM, Dan Vs, Transformers Prime, Batman BATB, TMNT 2012, any of the lame Marvel shows on Disney that honestly are probably enjoyed by kids despite being shit to adults and I'm sure I'm missing some shit but there are a couple things to consider

For one thing, video games and the internet have taken over a lot more, for another it seems more spread out than simply CN having the monopoly on animation, for a third thing there were good shows in the early 00s era as well....Kim Possible was a great show, it was not a 90s show like Dexter, and for a fourth thing, not all 90s shows were good...plenty sucked or were simply mediocre at best but are blown up because of nostalgia

Good and bad and in between has always existed, CN may have just have had more good than bad at one period but who cares about what network a show airs on
>>
>>91830776
God that show was good, the screaming guy was a pretty early meme in the 90s
>>
>>91832967
>not all 90s shows were good...plenty sucked or were simply mediocre at best but are blown up because of nostalgia

The thing about the 90's is that it wasn't because it was top quality stuff but there was an INSANE variety of shows because a lot of them were allowed to be creator-driven and some networks would give them bigger budgets because they would actually pay off.

Rugrats, Ed Edd n Eddy, Space Ghost, Beavis and Butthead, B:TAS, Animaniacs were all wildly different shows from each other. They weren't even the same genre or for the same audience. And some of them looked and were animated pretty damn well.

Now, things have gotten a lot more streamlined and a lot less risk-taking. That goes for both kid and adult cartoons. Kid cartoon visuals have gotten really monotonous to the point where a lot of them look like they're done by the same groups of artists or otherwise you're an adult cartoon that looks like a Family Guy rip-off. And now you're not even allowed the freedom of 2D animation without inflating the budget, a lot of creators are forced into digital puppeting animation in order to meet money needs, even if they don't want to. That just makes kid cartoons look even MORE streamlined because they're now using virtually the same tools to make their stuff, down to the same kind of line width for everything.

That's not to say EVERYTHING has gotten same-y. I can definitely tell the difference between the Turbo series and Adventure Time for example. But it's really far and few between compared to the 90's. There was a screenshot I saw of the humans in We Bare Bears and I legitimately thought it was from Steven Universe. It's a shame someone like Sugar had to re-work her own art for TV standards while people like Antonucci and Joe Murray got to pretty much have a show that looked exactly like the way they drew.
>>
>>91833114
I think while that's true it might also have to do with just less cartoons in general

Dexter, PPG, Jack, and etc all looked the same...plenty of shows looked just like Rugrats, and plenty of shows looked like Ren and Stimpy clones

It's just that there are less shows now I think
>>
>>91833162
The rugrats thing was probably because klasky csupo was a weirdly prolific animation studio and they had a really specific house style they stuck to. Otherwise no one would really copy them because, let's face it, while it has its charm it's kind of an ugly artstyle.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.