[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You literally cannot Google anything bad about that god awful

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

Am I crazy or is it everyone else?
>>
How can this be?
>>
>>91830304
Try reading the comments,

The guy at Newsarama was devoured in the comment section. Even "The Mary Sue" comment section didn't like it.
>>
File: ancient aliens.jpg (17KB, 461x403px) Image search: [Google]
ancient aliens.jpg
17KB, 461x403px
>>91830304
>google "america chavez sucks" and "america chavez is bad"
>nothing but praise articles about her ongoing
>replace it with "batman sucks" and "batman is bad"
>articles and videos on why batman is a bad hero
>"maybe it's because batman is too popular"
>do it for cyclops
>articles on cyclops becoming evil and being a bad hero

WOW
>>
>>91830377
To be fair cyclops is literal garbage
>>
Do you think anyone capable of critical thought is reading that comic?
>>
>>91830304
For all Tumblr pushing and what not she still a literally who.
Hell i wouldnt know about that book if /co/ wasnt bitching about it all the time.
>>
America Chavez right now is in the position of a "critically protected" comic, while it is bad no one wants to be the reviewer to call it out. If you do someone might call you racist or homophobic, and kiss your sweet readership goodbye, so some are going to give a good review, and in a couple years will go "Man after the first arc of America finished it just ended up being nothing, so sad to see such a great character stuck with such a bad creative team"

House to Astonish thought it was a bad issue themselves but also said it was not for them to not seem like they were mean.
>>
>>91830476
the serious issues podcast thought it was badly written, but they're a bunch of Australians so they're probably outside the bubble
>>
>>91830476
>and kiss your sweet readership goodbye
most of the readership is indifferent to internet politics
a growing chunk is fed up with it
people who would drop a comic for being hit by a social justice attack bandwagon are most definitely a minority
I mean, maybe some of these authors think they'll lose readers, but the shit-stirring really doesn't have much effect beyond fellow shit-stirrers nowadays, and is even starting to net backlash support
the main meat of an internet politics-driven blogger attack are the bloggers and their immediate cliques themselves; most who handle themselves well, remain professional and dismiss the antagonists come out of it unscathed and with a slight surge in relativity
>>
>>91830304
You know comic sites are just really complicated advertisements, right? They hardly ever go against the grain.
>>
>>91830517
Australians just don't give a shit and will call you a cunt if you're acting cunty and call a book shit if it's shitty. The only people here worried about diversity and political correctness are those you take university course on feminist history and vote for the Green Party and they are regularly ignore by regular society.
>>
>>91830476
>>91830517
I've decided to be a dude and link to actual critical reviews and complaints. For the people who want it.
>http://www.housetoastonish.com/?p=3739
>http://seriousissues.libsyn.com/episode-55-an-actual-jizzy-dick
>https://www.reddit.com/r/Marvel/comments/5x97di/a_ms_america_fans_rant_about_america_1_spoilers/
feel free if people find more, comic alliance was still around when the first issue came out, I'm surprised there is no review from them that talks about the comic book.
>>
>>91830425
Fuck off, Marvel.
>>
>>91830425
That's wrong though
>>
>>91830609
Yeah but comics still run liberal mostly and right now I can see why people would be well careful.
>>
>>91830642
Pretty much everyone there that read it wasn't a fan on twitter
>>
Why do you people keep making threads about comics you don't like? I laughed when Marvel said that making fans and comic readers angry gets them talking about comics more, and I'll be damned, but /co/ proves them right every single day.
>>
>>91830841
no one is buying America #1

hell, no one on /co/ buys comics to begin with.

We're more pissed off that an objectively bad comic is getting universal praise because as >>91830476 said, it's too politically relevant to be reviewed critically
>>
>>91830841

Because contrary to popular belief, 4chan /co/ ISN'T necessarily the end all and be all of comic sites. Also, what they said regarding selling comics via rage, well, why are their sales so low then? (Yes, even lower than DC's)
>>
>>91830841

>"All publicity is good publicity"

This is not and has never been true.
>>
>>91830318
Every comic review site, even without the liberal bias, exists as an ad for whatever company.

Let alone friendo back patting.

I've written a few articles for nerd shit in the past and it's dreadful writing something that feels like an ad but that's what it is.

tl;dr - can't say bad things about the thing you're shilling.
>>
>>91830883

See also: Ghostbusters 2016.
>>
>>91830304
http://comicbookroundup.com/comic-books/reviews/marvel-comics/america/2
>>
>>91830890
Point is though that /co/ is constantly talking about this dreck, and for what actual reason? Did we honestly need another thread talking about just how bad America is? Anyone that knew the character before the solo was announced could have told you that the comic would be bad. You'd think that if ANY site wanted to avoid thinking about America it would be 4chan's comic section.
>>
>>91831019
If you've been on 4chan for any length of time, you'd realize that 4chan loves to bitch about stuff they hate. ESPECIALLY when everyone else loves it.
>>
>>91830304
I got some results
>Gamefaqs hates her
You know what Gamefaqs you're alright.
>>
File: 1484641472059.png (324KB, 1677x996px) Image search: [Google]
1484641472059.png
324KB, 1677x996px
Found two negative comments

one of them is from reddit
>>
>>91830304
You know how Google works,right?
>>
>>91831121
>that tumblr post
Fucking hell man, why don't these fucks actually read comics? I haven't read a single thing with Ms America in it but I know she's not a gender swapped captain america. I Fucking hate this gay earth.
>>
File: wew lad.png (19KB, 804x262px) Image search: [Google]
wew lad.png
19KB, 804x262px
>>91830304
Wow, it's true
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.