[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 REVIEW: REPETITIVE SEQUEL IS ‘MID-LEVEL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 198
Thread images: 24

File: Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-Vol.2.jpg (61KB, 984x518px) Image search: [Google]
Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-Vol.2.jpg
61KB, 984x518px
http://www.cbr.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2-review/

Is Marvel finished? Are people finally waking up?
>>
>>91819669
>cbr
>>
>>91819669
No.
>>
>Marvel NOW 2 bombing
>Iron Fist savaged by critics
>Secret Empire destroyed by a Batman/Flash crossover and basic Superman issue
>Memes of the Galaxy is just 2 hours of jokes
2017 is amazing
>>
>>91819669
Curious, what's "high-level Marvel"?
>>
wait cbr was actually critical of marvel
am I losing it
>>
>>91819669
>CBR criticising the MCU
What the fuck is happening?
>>
>It's a "if marvel didn't create a masterpiece of a movie with a 99% average then it means "people are waking up" and the movie is a flop" bait.

Yamn.....
>>
>>91819689
Yes, that's what makes it so surprising.
>>
>>91819845
Blade 2
>>
>>91819669
Well, from the looks of things it will get a lower score on Rotten than the first one. Still will end Certified fresh though. And will break at least one record on box office reports based on hype.

But I don't give a flying piece of shit to be honest, the Guardians comics are ruined forever and the movie had a big part on making it happen. I would wish the worst to Gunn and Feige just like I used to wish the worst to Bendis and Humphries, but why bother. I've moved on.

So whatever, I don't give a damn.
>>
File: 1493062374197.jpg (49KB, 837x569px) Image search: [Google]
1493062374197.jpg
49KB, 837x569px
>>91819669
>CBR bashing something Marvel
>>
>>91819977
I agree with you.

I think it's funny how top critics and "critics" (bloggers) opinions differ on RT. Also, what constitutes Critics Consensus? Never got that.
>>
I remember when entertainment reporters were going wild that GotG2 supposedly had a perfect test audience score. LEL
>>
File: img_6045.png (108KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
img_6045.png
108KB, 240x240px
>>91820034
>he fell for the "top critics" meme
>>
>The movie will make fans happy, very happy, and it will reduce everyone else to a mass of cooing, goo-goo-ing ninnies, all in the thrall of a character named Baby Groot.

This is from a positive review but it sounds retarded.
>>
I like salad with a hint of shitposting.
>>
>>91820078
It IS retarded.
>>
>>91819669
NO MARVEL IS AS GREAT AS EVER YOUR JUST JEALOUS 'CAUSE YOU KNOW BLUNDER WOMAN AND JUST LEAGUE US ALONE ARE GONNA BE ROTTEN AND HATED BY EVERYONE LIKE ALL THE OTHER DSHITTY MOVIES

FR*CK OFF BACK TO /TV/
>>
>>91819669
Honestly, fatigue might be setting in on both the audience and production sides. I trust them to finish strong though, Infinity War will probably be above average again.
>>
The best review of GotG was Sequart's. I hope they do the same with GotG2.
>>
>burgers will have to wait a fucking week to go see this flick
kek
>>
Gunn! You traitorous slut!
>>
>>91819814
This sounds retarded. Even if Marvel comics have been going down the drain, there's still hype surrounding Cap Hydra
>>
>>91820300
the batman flash crossover is about the button
>>
>>91820300
>there's still hype surrounding Cap Hydra
No there isn't.
>>
>>91819977

I'm not mad at Gunn, he made a movie he wanted. I'm mad at Marvel though for thinking that should be the be-all end-all representation of those characters, and their total market oversaturation of the past 2 years.

Summer 2014 I was all about that Redbone, but after seeing fucking Rocket and Groot and their catchphrases all over the place I got sick of it pretty fast.
>>
>>91820300
Sweet summer child, we have retailers everywhere saying that the SE sales are really soft. Big Bang was one of the latest and under an hour ago they were lamenting that they should have kept their original order amount before Marvel hyped them up to order more. They also have customers telling them not to pull any tie-ins for their regular series.
>>
>>91819977
Oh no. One of the 3 Guardian fans in existence before the movie got made is mad because it became popular and "casualized"
>>
File: 200px-Captain_magma2.jpg (20KB, 200x241px) Image search: [Google]
200px-Captain_magma2.jpg
20KB, 200x241px
>>91820701
>One of the 3 Guardian fans in existence before the movie
More like four!
>>
>>91819669
Still it will get a 8/10 and 900M$, why? Because normies and critics like to eat shit.
>>
>>91819814
>IT'S REAL
LOL
O
L
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/04/23/bleeding-cool-bestseller-list-23rd-april-2017-batman-superman-beat-secret-empire-redneck-monstress-rocket-chart/
>>
>>91821033
Is BC top ten list calm down, lets wait for the real numbers.
>>
>>91820901
Truer words were never spoken.
>>
CBR is Marvel comics shill to the max. Marlel wants the movies to fail since Feige kicked them to the curb.
>>
>>91821065
SE 0 is lootcrated
>>
>a ride based on this movie is the reason why Disneyland's Tower of Terror got shut down, because they actually thought it would be a runaway success to justify taking away an iconic ride

It still hurts.
>>
>>91821140
Of course it is, fucking disgusting practices... When was the last time Marvel didn't "bump" the numbers
>>
>>91820809
>>91820701
holy shit 2 comic guardians fans in one thread quick someone call Guinness
>>
>>91821168
I have no reason to go to Disneyland anymore.
>>
>>91819977
>the Guardians comics are ruined forever

Nothing in comics is ruined forever. All books are just one good run away from being great again.

Except the X-Men. They're fucked.
>>
File: 225.png (903KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
225.png
903KB, 1920x1080px
MCU has no ability to balance tragedy and comedy, the tenants of good cinema anymore. They're frightened of things getting "too serious"and so every moment must be undermined by a joke or a quip. They're the kind of people who instead of making "The Empire Strikes Back" after a "A New Hope," would have simply made "A New Hope 2 aka the Force Awakens"
>>
>>91819669
Wasn't the under-performance (critically and commercially) of Avengers: Age of Ultron supposed to end Marvel forever?

If GotG2 underperforms Feige will just find another scapegoat like he scapegoated Perlmutter for Avengers 2, and maybe use it as an excuse not to make Captain Marvel 2.
>>
>>91819959
>>91819845
>Spider-Man 2
>Blade 2
>Logan
>>
>>91821294
>All books are just one good run away from being great again.
Good luck with that while the movies keep the Guardians on the 0-3 years old section of Marvel.

>muh retarded sex jokes
yeah, that only makes it worse and they don't even make it to the comics.
>>
File: JJ vs DD.png (141KB, 342x221px) Image search: [Google]
JJ vs DD.png
141KB, 342x221px
>>Reason number 1 why I don't trust's CBR's opinion
>>
I think the worst part about this one is just how blatantly shallow Disney has been with Baby Groot. They know retards and little kids love stupid cute stuff like this so I guess from a marketing standpoint it makes sense to push him hard, but man, is it disconcerting.
>>
>>91821603
>JJ better than anything
kek
>>
>>91821364
Why would I want Marvel to end forever? I just want people to criticize their movies like every other one. I want to enjoy the new stuff but every character is a stand up comedian and it's very off putting. Even more annoying people are not just liking it, but fucking LOVE it. ''Haha he said poopoo, lol baby Groot!''
>>
>>91821168
Is it possible they could take the Guardians stuff out if the movie does bad?
>>
>>91821664
>>91821664
>if the movie does bad?
As if, nigger. BvS and SS both got fucked by critics and ended up doing 800m+. Iron Fist was fucking by critics and its been the most binge watched Netflix series as of 2017.
The critics aren't even being harsh on Vol. 2, this shit is gonna make 1b at the very least.
>>
>>91821664
You and I both know it won't. Even if the critics trash it, it's going to make a shitload of money and in Disney's eyes that'll make it a success to justify keeping the ride around for good.
>>
>>91821664
>>91821749
>doesn't get a perfect score
>THE CRITICS HATE IT!!!!!
Classic /co/.
>>
>>91821778
Where did I imply that in the slightest? I said IF it gets trashed.
>>
>Critics eat up Marvel quips
>Critics hate smart movies like pic related

Why does it have to be this way anons?
>>
File: Mantis Married a Tree.png (894KB, 538x855px) Image search: [Google]
Mantis Married a Tree.png
894KB, 538x855px
>>91821364
If it underperforms I'm just going to go ahead and blame Mantis.
>>
>>91821809
By implying there is the possibility of critics trashing the movie when reviews are already out and are majorly positive.
There's no "if", critics aren't trashing anything, it just didn't blew them out of the water like everybody was expecting it to do after so much hype and marketing.
>>
>>91821827
>Critics eat up Marvel quips
>86%
THEY HATE GUARDIANS NOW! TIME TO MOVE SHIP TO BASED DC!
>>
>>91821892
>how dare you for even thinking in hypotheticals and not mindlessly sucking Marvel off like the rest of us

You guys make it really difficult to be a fan of these movies.
>>
>>91822077
What part of "reviews are already out" do you not understand, anon?
Why would you wonder hypothetical scenarios after the outcome already happened? especially when this thread was made for that very reason.
>>
>>91822150
Why does it bother you so much when all it was was a way of answering that other anon's question about why Disney won't bring Tower of Terror back? I'm not even thinking about the movie's quality or how audiences will like it because I don't even plan on seeing it. All I meant was that even if general audiences don't end up liking it and the critics who didn't get advanced screenings hate it, it's still going to make enough money for Disney to justify its presence in the parks.

That's it. Please tell me how I'm shitposting just by bringing up a common fact about how companies work.
>>
>>91819669
>Are people finally waking up?
>86% in rt
>projected for a 150 million opening
I wish, maybe after Avengers 4. No more ironman or cap i think.
>>
>>91822663
It doesn't "bother" me. What bothers me is you trying to save face when it's obvious you're completely wrong like how you're shamelessly moving goalposts now.
In short, you're retarded. You're retarded for a hypothetical scenario, when shit already happened mind you, as your "example" and keep arguing for the sake of it after being rectified multiple times.
>>
Who is the villain even supposed to be?
>>
>>91821414
None of which were made by Marvel Studios. Really makes you think.
>>
>>91821168
Yeah this shit pisses me off more than anything. I don't go to Disneyland to see capeshit and nuStar Wars, I go there to see Mickey Mouse and classic animated features. Fuck Disney.
>>
>>91823013
Two villains.
Sequel bait Villain Space Nazis who aren't dealt with, and Starlord's Dad who gets killed by Starlord's spirit animal, Pacman
>>
>>91823304
Ego is the villain? Lameeeeeeeeee
>>
someone post the copypasta, you know the one
>>
File: On- Hoff.jpg (52KB, 430x307px) Image search: [Google]
On- Hoff.jpg
52KB, 430x307px
I enjoyed it, but the first one was honestly better.
>I agree with CBR reviews
>I agree with CBR reviews saying a Marvel product is not great
Truly the end of times

Also does anyone know why they teased Jeff Goldbluhm only to cut his scenes in the movie?
>>
File: ItsOverItsOverMarvelsDone.jpg (85KB, 734x350px) Image search: [Google]
ItsOverItsOverMarvelsDone.jpg
85KB, 734x350px
>>91819669

The normies are finally waking up from this cape kino bullshit nightmare. Hopefully, we can get serious superhero movies that invoke insightful conversation vs. dull popcorn flicks that just rehash jokes and quips over and over.
>>
>>91823476
It's going to be hilarious when this shit flops. Once again confirming why the man-children who still read comic books are barely more than marginalized caricatures of themselves. But instead of admitting you've become the most beta of betas, you'll complain for years how "good it was" and how "tasteless" the general public is in desperate attempts to try and divert away the soul crushing realization that you've wasted your lives on mind-numbing drivel originally designed to entertain teenage boys.

For a moment I thought I changed dimensions because I couldn't find this shit.
>>
>>91824163
>went up by 1%
90%+ here we go!
>>
>>91823304
>Starlord's spirit animal, Pacman
what did he mean by that?
>>
>>91819669
Gotg, a MCU side series is considered mid
BvS, a DEU major film is considered worse than Pre MCU Marvel movie Elektra
Justice League may beat Elektra slightly, but will definately be worse than The Punisher 2 Electric Boogaloo.
>>
>>91824395
Peter finds out that Ego killed his mom on purpose and is the reason for her deathSo he summons a gaint pixel Pac-Man to kill him
>>
>>91823304
>Starlord's Dad who gets killed by Starlord's spirit animal, Pacman

People shat on Pixels for something similar. People will defend this because it's ok when Marvel does it.
>>
>>91824437
Are you fucking serious?
>>
>>91824437
That's fucking retarded. It's like they took the first GOTG and amped up the retarded parts.
>>
>>91820078
The writing was on the wall with dancing Groot at the end of the first movie.
>>
I don't care about the movie but I really want to see how Uatu looks.
>>
File: pig shig.jpg (61KB, 800x438px) Image search: [Google]
pig shig.jpg
61KB, 800x438px
POST-CREDITS SCENES:
>humorous sequence with Yondu's Vice-captain trying to make the arrow work through whistling and accidentally stabbing Drax

>Stallone, Charlie-27 and the other Ravagers groups' captains meet and get the band back together to "go steal something"

>crazier Ayesha reveals she created another life form like them, except much more powerful, who's developing in a tech coccoon. She calls it "Adam". Also Debicki has sex hair and that's important

>Groot is now teenaged and in his edgy phase, plays vidya alone in his room shedding vines when Peter reprimends him and says he now understand how Yondu felt to raise him

>joke sequence with Stan Lee annoying the Watchers to the point that they leave as he's still speaking about his adventures (as seen earlier in the movie)

>>91824603
Not that guy and the second thing doesn't happen directly as consequence of the first, but that's the gist of it and a thing that happens, yes

>>91824652
Unfortunately that effect is definitely in play in the movie

>>91824763
Exactly like in the comic books, except the Watchers we see are not named and very quicky seen. Still the cape was awesome
>>
>>91824818
>edgy teenage Groot
Jesus Christ just kill that abomination already.
>>
>>91819845
winner soldier
>>
>>91820300

There's more hype about The Button. Hydra Cap sells like shit and just regular old Flash sells over 20k more issues
>>
>>91820203

Good for them. It was shit. Drax is just a retard now
>>
>>91824818
çrįñgë
>>
>>91821184

I wouldn't be surprised if Batman still manages to beat it. People love those lenticular covers
>>
File: 1484338807166.gif (358KB, 500x357px) Image search: [Google]
1484338807166.gif
358KB, 500x357px
>>91821827
>BvS
>Smart
>>
I'll wait for release date. I'm sure there's lots of mommy blogs that will raise the RT to 95%
>>
>>91824603
>>91824652

He doesn't use it to kill him it's just used once during the fight with Ego and it's a reference to earlier in the film
>>
>>91824818
betting old ravagers steal warlock's cocoon.
>>
I'm surprised no one else has mentioned shills yet.

Every other typical post has happened
>>
>>91826976
...theres no defending something this utterly stupid. its worse than the dance off. my god i hopem marvel FINALLY loses their internet brigade. can they really defend such a fucking retarded scene?
>>
the only film critic whose opinion of this i'll take seriously is Walter Chaw
>>
>>91819888
Marvel stopped filling their retainers.

Maybe they'll finally ban Dan Slott next.
>>
>>91821168
Disney Park in general is fucking retarded.

>Let's remodel or create a new attraction making it super date due to said Ip its based on being a passing thing rather than make it timeless.
>Let's continue with this expensive and super-long project. Everyone still loves Avatar, right?
>>
I'm a MCU fan and I always thought the first one was highly overrated. Looks like this one is the same shit, I'm happy they're being called out at least.

Hopefully this makes them hire a better screenwriter for GotG 3, Gunn is pure shit when it comes to writing.
>>
>>91824818
>all of this
>they managed to make DANCE OFF BRO look better in comparison
You really have to try to suck
>>
What happened to the near 100% test audience score?
>>
Ausfag here who saw the movie last night and it wasn't very good. A lot of the humour doesn't hit and the opening scene to the movie is just the Guardians standing around trading catchphrases with each other. The music felt pretty forced at times as well.
>>
>>91828490
Is there really a pacman eating a planet scene?
>>
>>91828563
During his fight with Ego Peter does briefly turn into a giant pacman but it doesn't last that long
>>
>>91819845
They have yet to make a movie that can be called "high level"
>>
>>91828592
Did you do the right thing and throw your burger with beets at the screen then?
>>
>>91828202
He has a tendency to self-indulgence.
>>
>>91821354
> Vision's stone is ripped out.
> Wanda holds him in her eyes, crying in anguish.

> Drax farts
> Audience laughs
> Rocket rolls his eyes, "come on, man, you don't fart at a death!"
> Audience laughs
>>
Is Baby Groot as shit as he sounds though?
>>
>>91830441
He can be pretty annoying at times, the opening scene I just found annoying but other people in the audience were clearly loving it. I guess it depends on what you've thought of him from the trailers and stuff, if you didn't like him then its unlikely you'll like him in the movie
>>
The simple fact they stuck with Baby Groot for like more than 10 minutes annoys the piss out of me.
>>
File: 1492814040781.png (289KB, 336x492px) Image search: [Google]
1492814040781.png
289KB, 336x492px
I just seen that movie and it was entertaining enough, but wouldn't consider a masterpiece.

One thing about these golden people is that I never got their sperging over a fucking insult and some couple of batteries or transistors.

One thing that I did really dislike was the fact that Groot turned into some joke and merch character. Heck, Groot in the first movie wasn't that much of an joke character nor was a merch. Did the executives had to make him into a joke character just to get some more viewers?
>>
The Time Magazine review makes it sound like exactly what I expected it to be.

>http://time.com/4752663/guardians-of-the-galaxy-2-review/

>In the context of modern garden-variety escapist cinema, there’s nothing inherently wrong with Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, director James Gunn’s sequel to his 2014 megahit, both adapted from the Marvel comics series of the same name. But this gag- and plot-stuffed follow-up is also emblematic of all we’ve come to settle for in movie entertainment: It feels not so much crafted as squirted from a tube. In striving to surprise us every minute with its seen-it-all irony, Guardians Vol. 2 is actually the surprise-spoiler of all time—our every “Wow!” or “Haha!” has been scripted in advance. At one point Drax, an elaborately tattooed space dude played by former pro wrestler Dave Bautista, announces, “I have famously huge turds!” and laughs heartily at his own pronouncement, just in case we can't be trusted to get a poo-poo joke. This is a movie that praises viewers for being cool enough to show up and then proceeds to insult them—but only ironically, see?
>>
File: marlel.png (72KB, 854x724px) Image search: [Google]
marlel.png
72KB, 854x724px
>>91830804
I remember people going into damage control mode after the turd joke clip was released. "They obviously just dubbed that in for the Kids' Choice Awards!" Guess not.
>>
>>91819669
This is the same reviewer who wrote this:

http://www.cbr.com/review-sorry-haters-but-ghostbusters-is-great/
>>
>"Mantis is cute, CUTE!" hype threads for months
>movie proceeds to call her ugly and disgusting in every single occasion
Mantis waifufags BTFO
>>
File: Thisisaspoiler.png (392KB, 500x485px) Image search: [Google]
Thisisaspoiler.png
392KB, 500x485px
>>91824818
Here's a screenshot of one of those scenes.
This is a spoiler BTW
>>
>>91830804
>>91830828
B-B-but DC made a pee joke in BvS!
>>
File: 1491584549975.gif (658KB, 219x219px) Image search: [Google]
1491584549975.gif
658KB, 219x219px
>>91821827
>BvS
>smart
>>
>>91831844
That was actually weird and transgressive though, so it's good.
>>
JUSTICE LEAGUE WILL DESTROY THE MCU
>>
Looks like they went full "THIS IS MEMES, THIS IS REDDIT". Poo jokes and Adam Sandler's giant Pac-Man and all.

I hope Ego is good.
>>
>>91831940

wonder what that says about thor 3
>>
File: 1489524078556.jpg (68KB, 422x600px) Image search: [Google]
1489524078556.jpg
68KB, 422x600px
Eh, might just drop the theater and wait for the home release. I thought GotG1 was one of the few MCU movies with strong authorial signature, but I never cared for the characters or the patronizing tone of the movie. Seems like they haven't fixed anything and just doubled down on the maymays. So, it's like Age of Ultron - not improved, just bigger.

Thor has to save this year. As a dedicated Spiderfag, I'm going to see Homecoming, but that's part mandatory fanboy shiteating, part wishing to see the Titanic crash into the iceberg with my own eyes.
>>
>>91831940
The turd joke might be unfunny, but the first act at least is "guardians generally acting like bros bantering"
It's later on that the jokes become forced in an Age of Ultron way, like there's this executive that counts 2 minutes and screams JOKE! even when the tone wouldn't fit. It's a matter of balance, in the first movie the "Groot keeps bringing back the wrong objects" would've been funnier, but here it feels like filler
Same with Drax/Mantis jokes
>>
God dammit.I....I don't want this to be bad. I want to go to the theater and enjoy this. Fuck.
>>
>>91819845
Bullshit made up by some faggot.
>>
>>91821827
I'll give you this: BvS is as smart as shonen battle anime can be.
>>
>>91832126
Then make up your own goddamn mind instead of reading reviews you faggot.
>>
File: 1324351709017.png (206KB, 554x439px) Image search: [Google]
1324351709017.png
206KB, 554x439px
>>91832126
A lot of people say first Captain America was bad, but it's still best phase 1 movie to me.

Fuck people, Iron Fist is shit, but it's less shit than absolute boredom that were Jessica Jones and Luke Cage.
>>
>>91832126

It's sounding like the type of movie you go in, watch and forget about after a few days. tbqh this has been my experience with cw and aou
>>
Hopefully Thor 3 is great and everyone stops overrating GotG after this.

The first movie wasn't that fucking good anyway, I never understood the glowing praise it got. It has even less rewatch value than the first Avengers, once you know the jokes you're left off with a paper thin plot, bad villain and one dimensional characters. Hell, I'd say the first Avengers was better just because Loki was better than Ronan and RDJ's performance alone was more entertaining at the time than anything in GotG (don't give me that overexposure garbage, in 2012 Iron Man was still hot shit and people weren't sick of him yet). I think people were blinded by the good soundtrack and pretty visuals in GotG, otherwise Iron Man 1, the Captain America movies and even stuff like Ant-Man shit all over it.
>>
Having watching the film today, you can basically follow along the basic Marvel movie checklist and tick every single box. It's the most artificial and by the numbers MCU movie yet.
>>
>>91832598
People aren't sick of Iron Man yet. "Age of Ultron" was the closest he ever got of losing the audience's favor, but "Civil War" turned it around.
>>
>>91832367
IF is just as bad though, boring as fuck.
>>
>>91832710
I know, I'm mostly talking about /co/ here. The general audience never got tired of him, but he's really hated around these parts even after CW.

He's not my favorite Avenger, but it's pretty obvious that he's one of the most (if not the most) developed caharcters in the MCU and RDJ is still one of the best recurring actors in the franchise.
>>
>>91832741
I thought Meachum family was entertaining as fuck.
>>
>>91832367
>A lot of people say first Captain America was bad, but it's still best phase 1 movie to me.
My nigga. I honestly find it the most rewatchable movie in the MCU along with Winter Soldier.
>>
>>91832762
Everybody BUT danny was entertaining as fuck
>>
>>91827963
>They finally ban Slott
>He starts shitposting /co/
>>
>>91832795
So, just like Jessica Jones and Luke Cage?

Jessica Jones at least had Tennant.

Luke Cage at least had Cottonmouth before the thing.
>>
>>91833094
Luke and Jessica had HOT as FUCK actors though.

Danny was boring to listen to and look at.
>>
File: actor-101-krysten-ritter-02.jpg (1MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
actor-101-krysten-ritter-02.jpg
1MB, 1920x1200px
>>91833107
>Luke and Jessica had HOT as FUCK actors though.
>Bootleg Zooey Deschanel and just some random dude who hates Luke Cage
No matter how you twist it around, every show besides Daredevil should've received same criticism Iron Fist received.
>>
>>91833127

>No matter how you twist it around, every show besides Daredevil should've received same criticism Iron Fist received.

>Things are true just because I say so
>>
>>91833149
>Danny was boring to listen to and look at.
>Things are true just because I say so
>>
File: tism.jpg (28KB, 727x224px) Image search: [Google]
tism.jpg
28KB, 727x224px
Did you laugh at the movie, /co/?
>>
>>91829122
>Now the universe and reality itself will bend to my wi-
>Rocket burps
>AHAHAHAHAHA I MAKE BIGGER TURDS THAN YOU AHAHAHAHA
>groot?
>>
>>91833215
At one or two lines. But there were so many mediocre and run of the mill jokes that it drowned out anything that was legitimately funny.
Also, way too much Batista laughing at things like a spaz
>>
Drax's autism level is 20 times higher than it was in the first film.
>>
>>91821603
Matt looks like he is about to tell "yes, squeeze me tighter!"
>>
>>91824818
>>91831800
>that sex hair
I'll admit, it got me going in the theatre
>>
>>91833785

>I'll admit, it got me going in the theatre

Elizabeth Debicki is ridiculously hot. She's like half the reason to watch The Night Manager.
>>
>>91833819
Hugh Laurie being the other half? Fuck that show sucked hard. Clearly just made so Hiddleston could go "LOOK I CAN BE BOND TOO"
>>
>>91832243
Why do you have to go and insult shonen battle anime like that?
>>
>>91819977
I bet you're the kind of retard who blames Alan Moore for "ruining" comics as opposed to all the idiots who were inspired by him
>>
>>91819669
This has been the case for nearly every MCU sequel ever since Iron Man 1.

"This is what you've been cooking for years and it works"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ufj6CeqOTJo
>>
>>91833842

>Hugh Laurie being the other half?

Split between Hugh Laurie and Olivia Colman.

I never knew I wanted to see the cop from Broadchurch play Rule 63 George Smiley, but it worked.
>>
>>91831848
titans are inside the walls.
>>
>>91821827
>BvS
>smart

good meme anon
>>
>>91819669
It will do good and make money. Captain Marvel will be the downfall
>>
>>91831844
It wasn't a joke, it was a masterfully crafted ironic callback
>>
>>91819814
What a time to be alive
Make Mine DC. And I'm a marvelfag
or rather, X-marvelfag (pun cringeful, but intented)
>>
>>91822993
>marveldrone in a nutshell.
I feel like saving it as a new copypasta
>>
quips were a mistake
>>
>>91823169
>Not going to Disneyland for the park-original content
>>
>>91833846
>Why do you have to go and insult shonen battle anime like that?
the deserve it
>>
File: 6a0a7826fbaf0fd68b68ebce1f34251d.jpg (376KB, 1067x1600px) Image search: [Google]
6a0a7826fbaf0fd68b68ebce1f34251d.jpg
376KB, 1067x1600px
>>91819845
>>
>>91819814
Too bad Guardians of Reddit will make bank. Otherwise yeah, feels good.
>>
>>91824818
>The Watchers
i thought they where with Fox?
>>
>>91820074
More like top keks am i right
>>
>>91835321
Is that an official poster? It's cool.
>>
>>91819669
>>91819814
Are you people really that mad at Marvel's success?
Pathetic faggots is what you are.
>>
>>91836139
Admit it, Marvel's been doing worse than it usually does since the year began. That being said, it is still doing well, and people are mad about that so they blow every slight fall from the usual quality/ratings to be a massive flop.
>>
>>91825063
Aside from having a cool cover it's also one of the best issues in this run so far
>>
>>91835963
Yes, but it was given out to cast and crew after production wrapped.
>>
>>91836139
>Are you people really that mad at Marvel's success?
No, I am mad that the Movies' success made the comic people complacent, lazy asshole that stopped even thinking about attempting to try.
>>
>>91825030
I'm sorry but if you're not American your opinion really doesn't matter to me.
No matter how accurate your sentiment on the movie may be.
>>
>This is the film equivalent of when your uncle walks into the room with a Sonic Youth t-shirt on, and then under bemused interrogation, he admits to having no idea they were even a band - he just likes the design.

I have no idea what this means
>>
>>91837248
Because it doesn't make sense, Sonic Youth would be more relevant to your uncle than to some millenial bitch that wrote this shit article.
>>
What happened to CBR...

It used to be an okay site now it's just list videos and click bait
>>
>>91835452
Marvel probably got the FF rights back in trade with Fox for the X-men tv rights
>>
File: perhaps an attic shall i seek.jpg (59KB, 343x357px) Image search: [Google]
perhaps an attic shall i seek.jpg
59KB, 343x357px
>>91819669
>Are people finally waking up?
Oh my god, fuck of already. The MCU is full of ups and downs.

I loved Civil War and Dr. Strange, I thought Antman was okay, I thought Age of Ultron and Iron Man 3 were terrible.

Homecoming looks weak, Thor 3 looks entertaining.

This constantly parroted idea that the MCU is nothing but the same movie over and over again is fucking retarded and made up of sweeping generalizations you can apply to any action blockbuster.
>>
File: 1483184876278.png (382KB, 680x462px) Image search: [Google]
1483184876278.png
382KB, 680x462px
>>91819814
>>91820128
>>91821827
>company wars

Kill yourselves. All comic book adaptations have been shit. Marvel is doing shit right now, but that doesn't mean they've never printed anything good.

DC are having a good run so enjoy it. I literally can't believe that there are people autistic enough to stick by one company and defend it to death. Even if you liked some movies, don;t shitpost them to death.
>>
>>91838423
It's been absolute crap since they changed the layout to be mobile friendly
>>
>>91839226
Finally someone who makes sense.
>>
>>91839226
This
Ant-Man began looking like it would be rotten. Most critics said it was just ok.
Iron Man 2 and the Thor movies had similar reactions as GotG2 as well.
>>
>>91821874

God damn, I lost it.
>>
>>91832367
I watched TFA like 6 times and I never got bored of it.
>>
>>91821033
COME BACK, SUPERMAN
YOU CAN DO IT!
>>
>>91820078
People often give hints of a product being bad when they are forced to make good reviews. You can check this out especially in game reviews where they have to give even bad games a 7 but try to give hints to the customer to not buy it. They did this strategy with Dr. Strange too, saying that it's "like Green Lantern" but still giving it an upvote.
>>
>>91828943
He thinks he's funnier and more clever than he really is, same thing with Joss Whedon
>>
>>91823304
>>91824395
>>91824437
is this a jojo reference
>>
>>91834424
Dramatic irony really is the best.
>>
>>91832095
Personally I thought that the first 15-20 minutes of Guardians 1 was a solid 8, maybe even 9. But then it all went downhill and never recovered. They should have just made a Star Lord prequel movie. I would have loved it.
>>
>>91839226

Yep, the next Marvel movie is always gonna be the bad one. The next DC movie is always gonna be the good one. Trust us anon.
>>
Why are all the reviewers on RT jewish?
>>
>>91843420
But also like Whedon he is at his best when he steps out of his comfort zone. The problem is he rarely does that.
>>
>>91845176
I wouldn't call Guardians his "comfort zone", it's pretty different from his other movies.
>>
>The vibe is corporate, and of the most depressing kind: It's not enough that you've paid for this product. You have to sit through commercials for the next one and the next and the next.
I agree.
Thread posts: 198
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.