[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't Marvel ask Kurt Busiek to do the Marvel Legacy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: marvels cover.jpg (28KB, 324x499px) Image search: [Google]
marvels cover.jpg
28KB, 324x499px
Why didn't Marvel ask Kurt Busiek to do the Marvel Legacy one-shot? Pic related was a fucking love letter to the Marvel universe.
>>
>>91814770
Well?
>>
>>91814770
I'm so outraged by that cover art. Why are they trying to sexualize muh peter?
>>
>>91814770
why would you think anything about Marvel Legacy is being done out of love?
>>
>>91814770
Marvel only hires from fanfiction.net and the local dumpster these days, it seems.
>>
Can someone storytime this?
>>
>>91814770
Because Busiek would probably have just said no. He gets enough from Astro City that he has no reason to do Big 2 work unless he really wants to.
>>
>>91817667
You're more likely to get a storytime of Ruins.
>>
>>91816627
Peter sexualizes himself. Like, a lot.
>>
>>91817696
Also has he been following Marvel much? I get the impression he doesn't follow Marvel or DC as closely as he used to so he probably might not be interested in doing such a project.
>>
>>91817779
>Also has he been following Marvel much?
If his twitter is anything to go by, he pays more attention to current Heathcliff continuity than he does Marvel or DC. He did do a back-up in a recent Thunderbolts issue where he brought Jolt back, but most of the focus on that back-up was on Jolt so all he needed to know going in was "the Thunderbolts are in the arctic, have Jolt meet up with Atlas in the snow."
>>
>>91817838
>If his twitter is anything to go by, he pays more attention to current Heathcliff continuity than he does Marvel or DC.

Geez, that's what I've been doing in the last four years too.
>>
>>91814770
Busiek doesn't do much Big Two work any more since his health doesn't permit him to do a lot of work and he concentrates on his own stuff.

He made a bit of a mistake in the '00s leaving Conan to sign an exclusive contract with DC (which resulted in mostly disappointing work, like Trinity). Since 2013 he's concentrated on getting Astro City out monthly, which he could rarely do before.
>>
>>91814770
>love letter to the Marvel universe.

Legacy is anything but a love letter...

It's like a sloppily written text message from your ex with a photo of her sucking some other dude's dick. The message being "miss my mouth? You can have some action too...I just need some cash."

Marvel despises their older fanbase but, despite desperate attempts to win over a new audience, they have been left high and dry...so they need us back.

Legacy is a cheap plea for attention from the ex that has since become such a whore that you're frankly embarrassed to acknowledge anymore.
>>
>>91819521
>muh reading comprehension
It's ok to be angry, though
>>
>>91818001
Busiek is /ourguy/.
>>
>>91819521
I don't want to hear your cuck stories, anon.
>>
>>91819793
The original post stated that Busiek would be an ideal choice because he had written Marvels which was a love letter to Marvel. My argument was that Legacy shares no such sentiment and thus would not be an ideal fit for Busiek. Maybe you need to slow down and really process what is being said.

>>91820315
LOL...being a cuck would imply that I was still with the "ex" while she was being a whore or that I eventually took her back.

For the record; I made up the scenario anyway. Closest thing that happened in real life was an ex sending me a pick of her tits and telling me to break up with my then current gf.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.