[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who are the most batshit insane shipperfags and why are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 506
Thread images: 36

File: aang brings sexy back.jpg (58KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
aang brings sexy back.jpg
58KB, 720x480px
Who are the most batshit insane shipperfags and why are they Zutarians?
>>
File: file.png (708KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
708KB, 1000x750px
There's been worse. Thundercats 2011 for instance. When it was airing, there were people on /co/ who not only shipped Lion-O and Wilykit, but also thought there was a chance of it becoming real. I once asked them,
>"You guys aren't seriously thinking there's the slight possibility of they ending up together, right? It's just mindless shipping, right?"
and the shippers would respond
>"Dude, she's the only female character who doesn't treat Lion-O like shit! The writers are obviously trying to sneak something."
>>
File: 1217570675747.jpg (177KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1217570675747.jpg
177KB, 640x480px
>>
Why did fangirls ship Zuka and Katara together when Zuko and Aang was so much better
>>
>>91813356
Akubloss is worse, and far more cancerous
>>
>>91814567
>Akubloss
What is that?
>>
>>91814693
Aku (Samurai Jack)/Blossom (PPG)
>>
>>91814738
Well, this isn't worse because there's no way that more than 10 people ship it.

Zutarians were the proto-tumblrite and had numbers enough to be a pain in the ass.
>>
>>91813356
Are you talking about just on /co/ or in General?

Cause if it's just on /co/ then Starcofags and Klancefags are MUCH worse.

If you're talking about in General, then Naruto, Bleach, and Harry Potter fags are MUCH MUCH WORSE
>>
ELSANNAFAGS
>>
>>91814540
Here's your reasoning: >>91813070
>>
>>91814803
Naruto
>NaruSakus literally made their own final where they get together and ignore the manga. Some of them convinced themselves that Boruto and Himawari are Kiba's children.

Harry Potter
>People who shipped Draco/Ginny put their books on fire because two characters that interacted two times in 7 books and had nothing in common didn't get together.

On the other hand, Zutarians believe that the entire third season was the result of a conspiracy to prevent their ship from happening. And they are doing that during 10 years. I think they are pretty bad.
>>
>>91814802
>there's no way that more than 10 people ship it.
I wish that you were correct.
Go into any PPG thread and you will be proven wrong.
>>
>>91815022
>Zutarians believe that the entire third season was the result of a conspiracy to prevent their ship from happening.
Conspiracy? The claim is that the creators did it!
>>
I'm not buttflustered over Kataang happening, but I think Zutara should have happened and I can see why people get so mad about it. Them getting together would have been *perfect*. Their characters mesh perfectly, as we saw for a brief minute in Crossroads of Destiny, and each of them hating the other's nation would have added an extra layer to it.
Seriously, it had the potential to be one of the best relationships in fiction. Behind the Lion Turtle, it's my biggest disappointment with Avatar.
>>
>>91815344
Their characters mesh "perfectly" because their interactions with each other were disturbingly OOC
>>
>>91815344
>it had the potential to be one of the best relationships in fiction.
Zutarians actually believe in it. Batshit insane indeed.
>>
>>91815344
I feel very impartial to ships in that series mostly because it's VERY rare to end up actually going somewhere in life with someone you have a relationship with when you're fucking 15. Moreover, even if they had a fling it would (in my opinion) be hatesex at most, which would eventually die down once Zuko started putting his nation before his family and Katara started resenting him because of her motherly and family-oriented nature.

On the other hand, Aang and Katara had actual screentime together besides bickering and the blood raiders episode.
>>
>>91815344
Nice impression of a mentally unstable individual.

I almost fell for it.
>>
All shippers are batshit.
>>
>>91815418
In what way? They were always serious, emotional characters and that's how they acted in CoD. Zuko was sorry for what happened to Katara's mom because of what had been happening with him in the previous few episodes and Katara was willing to hear him out because she's just an empathetic person, and she sympathized with him once she started to understand why he'd done the things he'd done.
>>91815501
Her and Aang had more screentime, but her and Zuko were more natural. It's almost like she and Aang ended up together solely because they spent a lot of time together. We can argue about which one is more realistic (probably Kataang), but I think Zutara would have been better on a storytelling level.
>>
The fact that you think there are "good" shippers and "bad" shippers says a lot about you.
>>
>>91815528
It's no impression, it's the real deal
>>
>>91813356
>Who are the most batshit insane shipperfags
Elsannafags are pretty close with their "stealth canon" feverish rants.

Like a shocking amount of them legit convinced each other that Disney, DISNEY, is totally pushing lesbian sibling incest in their animated feature princess musical, it's totally intentionally written in, it's hidden in the movie and the merch for those in the know but they totally mean it to tap into the lucrative sibling incest audience. "they know what they're doing ;)" ffs

Because apparently that sweet sweet incestfag money is so huge it's worth risking the entire Disney reputation and the multibillion parents buying merch for their kids consumer segment.

It's astounding
>>
Obligatory

http://icarly.wikia.com/wiki/Creddie
http://icarly.wikia.com/wiki/Seddie
>>
>>91815563
>In what way?
Katara was willing to spend her most valuable resource after a one-minute conversation with an enemy.

"Great Storytelling" everyone.
>>
>>91815612
Dan "The Hymen Divider" Schneider really blew it out of the park with iCarly, huh. I still can't believe that people actually wrote all that shit,
>>
>>91815695
Look at how many comments there are.
>>
File: 1485277810411.jpg (30KB, 250x262px) Image search: [Google]
1485277810411.jpg
30KB, 250x262px
>>91815344
Honestly put yourself in Katara's shoes and REALLY think about her situation, before and during the show, and ask yourself if you would consider dating the crown prince of the nation responsible for everything that's gone wrong in your life and who has spent the last several months trying to hunt you and your friends down.

The scene in Crossroads was a mistake and was written to bait shippers. Katara offering to use to the oasis water and Zuko just fucking trusting her was stupid and out of character for both of them.
>>
>>91815635
That's just what you might call a stupid decision, not an OOC decision. And I don't even think it's stupid. It just showed what an empathetic person Katara was. She *got* Zuko and really believed, for a few minutes anyway, that he was actually a good person.
And heck, I think the fact that she got him so quickly is what drives a lot of Zutara people. They understood each other without having to explain much.
>>
>>91815565
Some shippers are clearly worse than others.
>>
>>91814803
>Cause if it's just on /co/ then Starcofags and Klancefags
Neither come close to being truly bad, at most it's if one only looks at what the situation is RIGHT NOW. If those are the worst you can think of you haven't been here very long
>>
>>91815756
See: >>91815758
>>
File: hrrn.png (882KB, 1459x479px) Image search: [Google]
hrrn.png
882KB, 1459x479px
>>91815344
>Seriously, it had the potential to be one of the best relationships in fiction
>>
>>91815758
>They understood each other without having to explain much.
You misspelled "they barely interact and act out of character when doing so".
>>
>>91815783
I can understand Katara showing a bit of empathy for Zuko in that moment, I can't understand her offering to use her very limited supply of magic spirit water to heal him. It'd be better if she said something about maybe the NWT can help him *if* he can prove he's a good person. She should have had a more guarded response to him.
>>
>>91815596
You are mentally unstable?
>>
Bubblelinefags were so crazy they made their pairing real.
>>
>>91815865
Azula throwing Katara in the cell without taking the water away from her is already pretty shit-written, what came next was just the consequence of a forced scene through and through.

Zutarians have so little scenes to based their ship on that they will justify anything.
>>
>>91816008
>Azula throwing Katara in the cell without taking the water away from her
That's not even half of it, what about the much bigger problem of Sokka and Toph being thrown into a regular jail, while Katara and Zuko were put into a completely different, wide-open space that practically screamed "romantic moment"?
>>
>>91814567
>>91815096
>being so assblasted about a cartoon ship that you pretend its shippers are insufferable cunts worse than zutarafags

cancerous autism 1000 times worse than any shipper
>>
>>91814123
To be fair, they have a point on the treated like shit.
>>
does a "hall of anal devastation" exist for Zutarians as it does for Narusakufags?
>>
>>91816238
There is one for IchiRuki but none for zutarians... I think.
>>
>>91813356
Pokeshippers are amazingly delusional. Misty hasn't been a part of the anime for years, and yet they still cling to her.

Ash x Serena shippers got pretty bad too.
>>
>>91816238
>>91816298
I could swear that I saw one.
>>
>>91815563
>>91815635
>>91815758
>>91815783
>>91815831
>>91815865
>>91816008
>>91816078
It's always nice when a simple post of mine sparks this much debate, but I was actually referring to more general OOC, not any specific romantic setups. Both Katara and Zuko act significantly different around each other than they do with the rest of the Gaang (let alone non-Gaang members). This is more pronounced with Zuko, of course, but you can see it with Katara as well, the "letting her guard down" you guys mentioned being only one example of that. Ironically, this point has often been used as an argument FOR Zutara, but it leads me to think that if they were written consistently it would become clear that their potential relationship would not be all that great of a match, at least compared to Kataang.
>>
>>91816382
>Ironically, this point has often been used as an argument FOR Zutara
What haven't?

As already said, Zuko and Kataara have so little canon content (maybe 10 minutes of the cartoon added up) that their shippers literally used everything possible and impossible to justify their wet dreams.
>>
>>91813356
Any shipper base that has to tear down other ships and characters to enforce and justify their own is cancer. Overwatch in general, and Stucky (with the insurgence of the MCU) are two I can think of off the top of my head.
>>
>>91816465
>Overwatch and Stucky

You literally don't see these two outside of tumblr.
>>
>>91813356
Zutara was the intended ship by the lead writer, Bryke effectively vetoed it because they're retarded.
>>
>>91816628
AFAIK Bryke vetoed it because they thought there wasn't enough time to write it in convincingly after Book 4 was cancelled.
>>
>>91813356
>Not Klancers
Try again.
>>
>>91816339
At least Ash x Serena shippers got a Kiss. Along with the director saying that they *probably* will end up together one day.

And then they even went as far as to retcon her (and Brock) out of Ash's origin story in the new Movie.

I can definitely see why Misty fans would be pretty pissed.

On the other hand, we all know Serena and Misty are never coming back so why even waste time?
>>
Zutara was the preferred ship by the best writers of Avatar IIRC.

Aang is like 10-12 or something like that, way too young to be into sex or finding his new waifu.
>>
>>91816584
I actually see quite a bit of Stucky outside of Tumblr, but you're right about Overwatch. Klance is another I've just remembered that fits the bill.
>>
>>91816713
Aang is 12, and Katara at 14 isn't?
>But muh girls mature earl-
No.
>>
>>91816685
>Klance

Is basically the New Generation Zutara so that makes a Hell of a lot of sense
>>
>>91816713
>Zutara was the preferred ship by the best writers of Avatar
And yet their scenes were dogsht compared to anything else. >>91816008

Best writers, huh?
>>
>>91816751
They're especially crazy because any ship that interferes with Klance they either say is racist (Kallura) or pedophilia (Sheith) and send their mobs after you.
>>
>>91816670
There was enough time to pull it off convincingly, Bryke wanted Kataang from the beginning. They deliberately wasted time with filler and added the Mai subplot.
>>
I like how people teat zutara as the constant in all cartoons and animes for ships that bring ridiculous conflict, is almost like it is a cosmic aspect of shipping itself, like if Zutara was to ships what the eternal champion is to Michael Moorcock's fictional universes, like in all universes there is that ship that drives the fanbase to autistic battle.
>>
>>91816928
"My ship is inorganic and doesn't have interactions because of the writer" is a hilarious excuse.
>>
>>91816736

Yes, Katara is post-pubescent, and Aang is pre-pubescent. It would be the height of creepy for a freshman in highschool to date a child just entering jr high school, and the only way you don't know this is if you are 12 yourself. Nobody should be dating 12 year olds but other 12 year olds (and even then)

And yes on top of this, girls do hit puberty a bit earlier, added onto this Katara was given this weird over the top motherly role to Aang (whyyy) so the whole thing just reeks of pedophilia. Zutara probably is the better "ship" between the two.

>>91816795

A:TLA was drafted with four seasons in mind. The fourth book would take the time to flesh out Suki, Zutara, give Toph development, Iroh backstory, information about Kuzon and Airbenders and the origins of the Avatar (later included in Korra).

It wasn't until Shamalayan signed on to make the movies it was taken down to a Trilogy instead. Bryke is also overrated garbage.
>>
>>91815022
The NaruSaku descent into jibbering madness for the uninformed with 90 minutes to kill: imgur.com/a/XKwJ4
>>
>>91817002
Draco/Ginny were worse, but they were comparatively small within the Harry Potter fanbase, so a Harry Potter fan could pass through them unharmed.

Zutarians were obnoxious in a limited fanbase (cartoons). They spilled shit in everyone.
>>
>>91816298
The IchiRuki fans were much calmer than the NaruSaku shippers were. Hell, there was almost no backlash compared to that.
>>
>>91817237
None of it explains why their fez scenes were so subpar. Why the "best writters" couldn't write good scenes for them?
>>
>>91817238
What a ride!
>>
>>91817340

As opposed to all the good romantic or sexual Aang/Katara scenes that didnt reek of awkwardness and Oedipus Complexes? Such as?

I don't even ship Zutara. It did however have more potential than Kataang ended up having and would have been better done if it was allowed to be written as the original/best writers intended. Kataang was the most awkward garbage and reeked of "boy gets the girl because thats what these shows do". It crippled Aang's spiritual development too, if not for that stupid asspull where he gets hit by a rock just right and magically unclogs his chakra or whatever who cares.

I'm not much of a shipper in general. I ended up liking Maiko (though I like Mai better with the guy from the comics). Jet was hot and then he died. Kataang is creepy pedo garbage. Zuatara probably would have been done better but it was specifically cut out by Bryke who wanted the hack "boy gets girl" end.
>>
>>91815022
>Draco/Ginny

Huh?
>>
>>91817640
I can honestly say that all Aang/Katara scenes were better than all Zuko/Katara scenes.

There's not one Zuko/Katara scene that isn't subpar. The "Azula throws Katara and her magic water in a cell with Zuko" is just one example.

No good writer would come up with this. Bryke never did, he is, therefore, better.

And it's funny how "totally not Zutaras" are so certain that Zutara would be the best work of fiction ever.
>>
File: IMG_1141.png (2MB, 1375x1004px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1141.png
2MB, 1375x1004px
You know the more you faggots complain about a fanship that lost ten years ago and claim it was the worst thing ever, the more I remember every cosmic detail about 2007. Including my time on 4chan /co/, namefags like Gentlemen Bones and Kosh and Mindwipe running around. Harry Potter memes and IRL raids before the masks were a thing. I used to make shitty one piece theories... okay that's still true Monet threw the note.

Anyway,you know what I really remember? How much of a stink kataangers made all over /co/ about livejournal not agreeing with them and claiming it ruined everything and needed to be banned. And how at the time, it made sense, because they were everywhere.

Read: at the time.

Now? This is an annoying old meme. Now HIBY isn't a collective lolcow it's implicit threadspamming to destroy discussion. Now threads are made about how people are so evil for liking things ten years ago. For fuck's sake, yiff in hell died earlier than this shit. This is happy negro level memery, but it's not fun memory strolls, it's a reflection in how myopic we all were. For fuck's sake, who gives a shit if the red one or the bald one gets the brown chick? We have comic artists supporting jihad, and whole mediums burning down. Shipping wars are pointless, but we act like this meme needs to be continued.

The more you faggots make these threads, the more I want Zutara to get a fresh reexamination and revival of content to piss you all off. Smug indignation can only go so far before YOU become the overbearing asshole who needs to be driven to butthurt. I never cared about this fight, (I thought it'd either end openended to milk the rage forever, or Katara'd die or something) but keep it up and maybe I'll try writing some altverses out of spite. Or maybe I won't, whatever, you're still all faggots in fedoras to me.
>>
>>91813356
Anyone shipping characters from this show is strange. Adventure is one thing, but Avatar characters are not built for interesting or engaging romances, the idea of caring about them is weird to me.
>>
>>91817646
>Draco/Ginny

Check the quantity of fanfic this ship has. It was big back then. Of course, the majority didn't understand, but the ones who were into it were REALLY into it.
>>
>>91817777

>I can honestly say that all Aang/Katara scenes were better than all Zuko/Katara scenes.
Name one that is good on its own right, not one that is "better than" a ship entirely written out of the whole show.

>There's not one Zuko/Katara scene that isn't subpar.
Not a defense of Kataang. Zuko/Katara was written out of the show.

>The "Azula throws Katara and her magic water in a cell with Zuko" is just one example.
One example of what? That's not the Zuatara scene, that's a Azula and Katara scene we don't even see (did Azula even know about magic water or are you just full of shit...?).
The discussion that Katara had with Zuko is the "Zutara scene", and IIRC comes off a lot more genuine than the creepy motherly vibes she was given with Aang, with or without any water involved.
But yeah, you still aren't defending Kataang. So.

>And it's funny how "totally not Zutaras" are so certain that Zutara would be the best work of fiction ever.
Nobody said this, just that it would be better than Kataang. Like, obviously.
>>
>>91817777
>Bryke never did, he is, therefore, better.
Hey quadsposter, Bryke isn't one person. Idiot.
>>
>>91816928
Not after the Book 2 finale fiasco with Zuko. That was what changed everything.

It may have been Bryke who did that too, though.
>>
>>91817810

I also know what its like to be a grumpy oldfag way way too old to still be posting on 4chan. it sucks, but where can you go? Its not like there are better boards about cartoons, and you certainly can't grow up, and so you are stuck here with a bunch of meme spouting babies badly mimicking a culture they only half inherited.

Its only going to get worse. This is your punishment for not moving on with your life.
>>
>>91818012
>Name one that is good on its own right
Katara calming Aang down after he went berserker when Appa was kidnapped, Aang taking the lead and kissing her before going after Ozai, the first episode of the third season in its entirety, Aang and Katara having a sexy dance together.

Everyone single one of these scenes is better than the best that Zutara has to offer.

>Not a defense of Kataang. Zuko/Katara was written out of the show.
I know it isn't a defense of Kataang, is an attack on the supposedly "best writers".

>One example of what?
Of the writing being bad to justify a Zuko/Katara interaction.

>The discussion that Katara had with Zuko is the "Zutara scene", and IIRC comes off a lot more genuine
>genuine
"You, my enemy that almost cause my death uncountable times, convinced me of your good soul after this one-minute conversation. Here, have my most precious item".

As badly written as anything involving these two interacting.

>Nobody said this
Literally in this thread
>>91815344

Stop making an ass of yourself, Zutarian. You have been laughing stocks for ten years already.
>>
>>91818107
>oldfag
Fuck, I remember being the newfag of the oldfags.
I wonder if they joined 4chan as sophmores in high school too
>>
>>91817238
I'm so glad the internet and blogging wasn't a big thing when I was a kid
>>
>>91817993
But..... why?
>>
File: mfw.png (69KB, 322x340px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.png
69KB, 322x340px
>>91817237
>A:TLA was drafted with four seasons in mind
>It wasn't until Shamalayan signed on to make the movies it was taken down to a Trilogy instead

mfw the pooman cucked me out of an ATLA where Sokka leaves the gaang for three months to train with Master Piandao like Luke on Dagobah to become the ultimate Wudang swordsman and rejoins the group five episodes later, recapping his training in a two-part flashback episode
>>
>>91818330
Because they are from different factions, Draco was only bad because of his father, "Romeo and Juliet", their few interactions are a proof of true love for the ones who want to see that way, and "the creator was forced to change, but TOTALLY had it planned".

You know, just like Zutara.
>>
>>91818351
That's a lie and you know it, the movie wasn't a thing until well after the show finished production.
>>
>>91817237
>A:TLA was drafted with four seasons in mind. The fourth book would take the time to flesh out Suki, Zutara, give Toph development, Iroh backstory, information about Kuzon and Airbenders and the origins of the Avatar (later included in Korra).
>It wasn't until Shamalayan signed on to make the movies it was taken down to a Trilogy instead.
I need sauce on this before I degenerate into blind rage
>>
>Katara calming Aang down after he went berserker when Appa was kidnapped,
Wow cool just like a real mom comforting her child when he throws a tantrum. Neat. Cool

> Aang taking the lead and kissing her before going after Ozai,
Nice a forced "boy gets the girl" endgame kiss this has never been done in the history of all romance.

>Aang and Katara having a sexy dance together.
lol wtf. are you seriously saying a 12 year old is doing a """""""sexy dance""""" what is wrong with Kataang shippers. 12 year olds are not sexy I am sorry.

>Everyone single one of these scenes is better than the best that Zutara has to offer.
Nah stop trying to hide behind a ship that only ever exists in the original outlines to make your canonical pedoshit look better. ALSO literally the most mundane scenes of Zuko and Katara seeing each other as peers and equals in the world instantly beats out the weird mommy/son scenes you listed.

>"You, my enemy that almost cause my death uncountable times, convinced me of your good soul after this one-minute conversation. Here, have my most precious item".
By this logic the whole Zuko redemption arc must be "bad writing". The spirit water isn't "her most precious item" and by that time they'd already fought together against Azula.

>Stop making an ass of yourself, Zutarian. You have been laughing stocks for ten years already.
Calm down pedoshit. I'm not a Zutarian. Even if I was though, this isn't an argument.
>>
>>91818494
Oh wait never mind, just saw
>The fourth book would take the time to flesh out
>Zutara
M. Night averting a disaster, what a twist!
>>
>>91818500
>Y-you're a pedo!

Zutarians everyone.
>>
>>91818487
Preproduction is a thing, and the movie started getting worked on in 2007.
>>
>>91818600
A 2-year age gap is disgusting if you're 14.
A 2-year age gap is fine if you're 14.

Wait...
>>
All romance in Avatar is garbage. /Thread
>>
>>91818494
There's no real source. The sources are Zutarians. They made this up to justify why their ship was so shit.

"I-it's only shit because of the writers" was the best they could invent.
>>
>>91818487
They're claiming the contract for the movie was signed with an agreement to stop at 3 seasons.
>>
I wish I had been a fan of Avatar when the series first aired. Watching the shipper meltdowns would have been glorious.
>>
>>91818298

Yeah I came around 2007-2008, and I still feel uncomfortable calling myself an oldfag.

But nah. We're old now.

>>91818487
Nah bs, Season 3 was in production.

http://www.lastairbenderfans.com/index.php?start_from=&ucat=8&subaction=showfull&id=1269959997&archive=1272555212&

"At that time they hadn’t even decided where things were going to end, even like who Katara was going to end up with. "
>>
>>91814173
Everyone always hates on this pairing, but do they actually have shippers?
>>
File: IMG_0387.jpg (195KB, 610x931px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0387.jpg
195KB, 610x931px
>>
>>91818500
>By this logic the whole Zuko redemption arc must be "bad writing".
The Zuko redemption arc didn't last just one fucking minute, you fucking dumbass.

Accept the bad writing of your ship and move on.
>>
>>91818500
>Wow cool just like a real mom comforting her child when he throws a tantrum.
Or like a real mom offering to patch up her child's boo-boo with some cool, clear water. Wait...
>>
>>91814911
this
>>
>>91818819
kek'd
>>
Regardless of the validity of Zutara as a couple you are retarded if you think Kataang has anything to do with pedophilia. EVEN IF we decide to disregard the fact that people with parental issues project or overcompensate them in their relationships; If you are a 12 year old who was secluded from all woman contact there is no way you wouldn't want to fuck the only teenage girl on sight, who also happens to be pretty and can relate to your problems as a bender.

If you are a 14 year old who was brought up to show affection in a motherly way (coming from a tribal society) you will most certainly want to fuck (yes, fuck, don't you remember your libido at this age?) the most powerful person in the whole planet who is also a kind soul and is as ripped as you can be at that age.
>>
>>91818251
did you miss the part where he said
>Name one that is GOOD IN IT'S OWN RIGHT, not one that is "better than" a ship entirely written out of the whole show.

all the scenes you listed were just as subpar as the Zuko/Katara ones except for the Katara calming Aang down after he went berserker when Appa was kidnapped scenes and that's a definite example of Katara being extremely motherly to Aang
>>
>>91820826
But then it becomes about her wanting the Avatar, not Aang. That's creepy.
>>
>>91818251
i thick this is for you>>91818500
>>
>>91820870
So if a woman decides to marry a guy because he's caring, affectionate, handsome and also has great income it then becomes "wanting his income, not him"? You can love aspects of a person without diminishing how relevant the others are, and plus I'm only arguing about physical attraction.

Come on, anon, you know how relationships work. Right?
>>
>>91821039
If she's a teenager and he's just a child - and they both look the part to boot - there can't be any "physical attraction". Also women don't care about those other traits you listed.
>>
>>91820870
>>91820870
> you are retarded if you think Kataang has anything to do with pedophilia
i agree but Katara feelings towards Aang were much more motherly than anything else and the show never took the time to transition her motherly love for Aang into a romantic one

>But then it becomes about her wanting the Avatar, not Aang. That's creepy.
that's hypergamy for you powers is an aphrodisiac for most women
>>
Korrasamis are the most batshit insane. They actually thought that their lesbian crack ship would become canon, based on wishful thinking and the tiniest of misinterpreted hints.
>>
>>91821164
>that's hypergamy for you powers is an aphrodisiac for most women
t. 4chan KHV
>>
>>91821164
It was a bad transition, I agree. On the other hand I have to admit I'd find a gentler side of romance a tad out of place in my magical elemental kung fu series.

>>91821117
>If she's a teenager and he's just a child - and they both look the part to boot - there can't be any "physical attraction".
Were you never 13? Really? Most people start jerking it at 10.

>Also women don't care about those other traits you listed.
Oh you're one of those people. Okay then this is your last (you).
>>
>>91821390
im a newfag what does this mean?
>>
>>91820826
Toeing the fiction/reality line here, but a 12 year old with a body "ripped as you can be at that age" still looks like a child with older men's torso attacked to him in the eyes of a 14 year old.

I didn't care for shipping when I was watching the show first airing, but the Kataang ending left a bitter taste in my mouth. I'm fine with it later down the timeline, but it was incredibly awkward in the final season.
>>
>>91821941
google it, man. urban dictionary is your friend.
>>
>>91821485
>Were you never 13? Really? Most people start jerking it at 10.
I meant from Katara's side you fucking idiot.
>>91821999
Trips confirm.
>>
>>91815344
They hardly interacted at all.
>>
>>91824595
Because of the rewrite, anon. Have you not read this thread?
>>
File: let down.png (10KB, 306x196px) Image search: [Google]
let down.png
10KB, 306x196px
>>91813356
Any non cannon Naruto shipper
>>
>>91824640
There was no rewrite.
>>
>>91824640
But why ship people who've hardly interacted with each other, even it it was planned for more interaction?
>>
how are you people still this batshit
it's been, what, a decade now
>>
File: Deal_with_it_dog_gif.gif (38KB, 380x240px) Image search: [Google]
Deal_with_it_dog_gif.gif
38KB, 380x240px
>>91824799
Yes, there was.
>>
>>91824838
Go ask a Zutarian. I only support good writing here.
>>
>>91824843
I want to make something where my audience still autistically bitches about possible character relationships ten years later. The writers must be proud.
>>
>>91824595
Major Interactions between Katara and Zuko

>His first appaerance hwere he threatnes her grandmother and destroys her village
>Their first actual conversation where he gives her back her betrothal necklace (which you could read if you were REALLY reaching as a flat dismissal of her affections were it not for the fact he stole it)
>He also gives of these really OOC rapey vibes that in retrospect feel like he's trying to copy Azula's bedside manner, which is whole other level of fucked up implications
>The time she kicks his ass when he tries to kidnap Aang and he insults her and her culture's martial arts, and when he waits till morning to let one off on her face and walk out on her with her man without making her breakfast or saying he'll call her
>The time she offers to altruistically heal his father figure for him and he goes shrieking autist at her
>The scene that was deliberately written to both bait shippers purely to shit on their hopes and dreams, and to underline his character arc by showing him utterly fuck up and salt the earth of any romantic feelings he could have for her
>The scene where she and the rest of her friends tell him to fuck off
>The scene where she threatens to outright murder him the moment he puts a foot out of line
>The time she called his new bending form really fucking gay
>The time he offered to help her fulfill her murder boner, despite the fact it proved her earlier suspicions about how he hadn't changed and how he was a fundamentally bad person, and completely went against his character arc
>The time he took a lightning bolt for her because the writers fucked up BAD with Book 3 and had to make up a bullshit reason for her to be of any use at all during the finale, and she finally conceded he wasn't a gigantic asshole

Zutaarans are fucking retarded, though Kataang isn't much better. But frankly anybody who doesn't treat relationships in Avatar as an excuse for porn is a retarded attention loving drama whore.
>>
>>91816713

Too young to be finding a waifu maybe, but I was a randy little bugger who watched porn and mastrubated when I was 11. I assure you Aang was not to young to be disinterested in Sex.
>>
>>91817238

Good heavens that is just fucking pathetic.
>>
>>91817238

Wasn't Naru/Saku officially kill like ten episodes into the show?
>>
>>91817238
>>91818328
Same here. Most of those are probably teens, and we all know how bad teens can be.
>>
>>91825291

Narusaku was officially kill a few arcs before the last. That being said anyone with half a brain knew it was never going to happen, and quite frankly I can't understand anyone who wanted him to end up with the psychotic abusive bitch.
>>
>>91814123
At least in the original they were technically the same age. In the new one, though, wouldn't it be more of a childhood crush on the "big brother" thing?
>>
>>91825363

Honestly Naru/Ino is a better ship than that, and it's still grasping at straws.

Either way, if you couldn't see the creator pulling for Hinata to be Naruto's girl, well...you might have been blind since the Chuunin exams.
>>
>>91825394

No, no stop. stop now before you summon the imouto and loli fags.
>>
>>91813356
I'm more upset at how poorly written Kataang was.
>>
>>91813356
Raven and beats boy shippers are a precursor to zutarians.
>>
>>91825409

Naru/Ino well at least she's not show to be abusive to him like Sakura was. Frankly I've never understood grabbing random characters with little interaction and shipping them, but better a character who there is no significant cannon relationship with than a character with an unhealthy cannon relationship.
>>
>>91825443

Whoa whoa whoa, I was a BBRae fag and I was pulling for Maiko as soon as Mai was introduced.
>>
>>91825443

Not really no. They are quite different.
>>
>>91825474
No. The only difference is ones canon and the other isn't.
>>
Does someone have those evidence videos?
>>
File: similarities_by_chloedarko.jpg (305KB, 2127x938px) Image search: [Google]
similarities_by_chloedarko.jpg
305KB, 2127x938px
>>91825443
>>
>>91825489

One has a conflicting cannon ship, and one doesn't for one thing. I'm not going to argue every little detail because that's autistic and our interpretations are relative, but in my opinion the ships are different and the shippers behaved differently.
>>
>>91825474
Yeah actually, they are. They're both as equally as toxic and cancerous as the other, and falls in the cliche trope of "opposites attwact!!1 ^_^".
>>
>>91825557
>and the shippers behaved differently.
lol not really no
>>
>>91825548

So your evidence for them being the same is a visual gag, which is hardly unique to those two characters, and a hug, which is not unique in any way shape or form. Yeah, that's really conclusive mate.
>>
>>91825291
No.

They went with the: "Naruto is going to get Sasuke because he promised Sakura, therefore he still has feeling for her, and Sakura is developing feelings for him too" angle until The Last was shown.

Ah, those weeks leading up to, and after that movie were bloody legendary.
>>
>>91825595
And your evidence is...?
>>
>>91813356
literally the only people who shipped Zuko & Katara were all girls for the most part
it was the Bad boy aspect that made the concept all appealing to them
they preferred Zuko over Anng because he was the nice guy that they would have friend zoned if they were in Katara postion
nearly every guy I met was happy for Anng/Katara while most of the complaints I heard about Zuko/Katara were from females
>>
>>91825607

And yet long before the end Sakura had already been completely shut down. Come on mate anyone with half a brain knew Narusaku was dead the minute he rejected her in the snow.
>>
>>91825629

Seeing as I've never actually had this argument before I haven't taken the time to compile any. Frankly I'm amazed that anyone took the time/gives a shit.
>>
Klancers....
>>
>>91825548

Now now, the fun of BBRae is that Beast Boy would never actually get her.
>>
>>91825642
Again, the "bad boy" concept is how real relationships work. The nice guy finishes last.
It's really about looks, though.
Deal with it.
>>
>>91825760
Aang wouldn't get Katara if we didn't get a fucking fanfic instead of a third season.
>>
>>91825760
Its canon now, though.

Those shippers aimed high, got jobs working with the property and made it canon.
>>
>>91825794

Explain your anger with the third season, my son.
>>
>>91825650
I didn't disagree? I was simply pointing out the logic they used at the time.

Hell, that was the logic they used since the Sasuke Retrieval Arc.
>>
>>91825829
Pretty much everything, actually. The plot, the characters, the fucking setting (!), the humor, the dialogue, the pacing, the overall lack of effort.
>>
>>91825862

Seeing as I wasn't even aware of this until after the fact I have to ask, how in the hell did they keep their delusions going that long? How?
>>
>>91825794
This, pretty much.
>>
File: Hyuugdanoff.png (879KB, 1388x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Hyuugdanoff.png
879KB, 1388x1080px
>>91824793
>>91817238
>Uchihas bow to the Hyuugas
>in contact with space rabbit grandma
>rumored to possess taijutsu abilities
>control the leaf village with an iron fist
>own villages all over the world
>direct descendants of the Sage of Six Paths
>will bankroll the first cities on the moon (Hyuugagrad will be the first city)
>in the process of acquiring every bloodline ability through superior Hyuuga eugenics
>own all of Orochimaru's research facilities
>first designer babies will be Hyuuga babies
>both of Naruto's children said to have 400+ IQ
>ancient ninja scrolls tell of a wise sage who will bring an era of enlightenment through ninja eugenics with him and drive weebs to suicide
>the ninja villages entrust their wealth to the Hyuuga. There's no money in the hidden leaf village, only the hidden Hyuuga village.
>the Hyuuga will guide humanity in to a new age of wisdom, peace, and love
Pic related, the man who saved the leaf village.
>>
>>91816751
Which is weird because Kallura seems intentionally modelled after Zutara.
>>
>>91825934
>Is setting up his grandson to fuck the uchiha girl, thus producing Kaguya babies

Truly he is the mastermind of the show.
>>
>>91825760
BBRae is actually realistic though.
>>
>>91825993

I ship it, but it didn't actually happen in the show, did it?
>>
>>91826036
Did I say it happened in the show? It certainly could have, though...
>>
>>91826070

It doesn't matter.

In the end, it was entertaining at the time.
>>
>>91826036
Not in the show, but it did happen in Teen Titans Go!
>>
>>91814567
maybe because it is a crack ship anon, you know what is a crackship right?
>>
>>91825934

Wut da fuq did I just read?
>>
>>91814738
>>
>>91826193
A quick rundown.
>>
>>91826134
We do not speak of that monstrosity here, anon. Begone with you.
>>
>>91817238
And I thought I had issues.
>>
>>91825993
Not even remotely close. Also, I'm going out on a limb here and saying you're either a female, or a really effeminate male into furfaggotry and gay shota.
>>
>>91826211

I swear none of dat shit be real.
>>
>>91826246
Not even remotely close on either count, but thanks for playing.
>>
>>91814738

KILL YOURSELF, AND TAKE THE OTHERS WHO BELIEVE IN THIS SHIP WITH YOU!
>>
>>91813356
Starcofags have gotten pretty bad lately too. It kind of makes me hope Nefcy pulls off something else but I think thats the direction the show is heading in.
Timmy/Vickyfags as well. She's a literal golddigger who bullies him there is no redeeming qualities to that pairing whatsoever.
>>
>>91818782
>"At that time they hadn’t even decided where things were going to end, even like who Katara was going to end up with."

Bryke are hacks. More news at 11.
>>
>>91826358
What's objectively wrong with Starco?
>>
>>91825961
This. The Kallura ship is actually quite popular with Zutarans. Klance seems to have a following of obnoxious Korrasamis.
>>
>>91825934
Thanks for the brief synopsis
>>
>>91816736
>>91817237
Weren't Aang and Katara more like 14-16 at series end?
>>
>>91826792
Nope, still 12 and 14.
>>
JFC Zutarans are self-absorbed fucks.

Aang/Katara were hinted at throughout the whole series.

The ONLY reason Zuko/Katara were ever considered by fans was because they were the self-insert teenage angst characters. Teen boys who watched the show identified with Zuko because angst. Older girls identified with Karata because she's the only female main character. Naturally, those two fan groups are going to be attracted to each other in real life and they're projecting their hormones into a cartoon.
>>
>>91816691
>And then they even went as far as to retcon her (and Brock) out of Ash's origin story in the new Movie.
It's less retconning and more an AU. What little shown in the trailer makes it seem as if the divergence point is Ash managing to bond with Pikachu before the whole Spearow thing.

And the lack of the Spearow thing leads to a different path that wouldn't involve Ash meeting up with Misty like he would have, which wouldn't lead to the stealing and destruction of her bike.

It's a neat idea, and it's nice to see The Pokemon Company actually exploring it, even if the execution might not go as interesting as it could.
>>
>>91827019
I never cared about the romance aspect of Avatar, but looking back on it now, I think Zutara makes more sense. Obviously not by the end of the series, but if they had gone ahead with a fourth season, them getting together could've been done well.
>>
>>91827114
t. Ehasz
>>
>>91827196
t. Bryke
>>
File: IMG_7618.jpg (51KB, 746x676px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7618.jpg
51KB, 746x676px
I was a kid when A:TLA was airing and the idea of Zutara being a thing never occurred to me. It was well after the show ended that I discovered how popular it was.
>>
>>91813356
You mean Harmonians.
>>
>>91827759
This. You think Zutara was bad? You never seen the Harmonians then.
>>
>>91828157
There's also classic J2. These people don't know shit about the actual crazy shippers. Zutara is super tame in comparison.
>>
File: 1421734232826.jpg (181KB, 500x549px) Image search: [Google]
1421734232826.jpg
181KB, 500x549px
I've seen people ship a character with themselves, that's nothing
>>
>>91816691
It's a shame, because Misty was best girl.
>>
>>91827759
>>91828157
Genuinely curious. Did they also make crazy fan videos (I don't mean music ones, I mean """analysis""" videos) and make bets with Hermione/Ron shippers?

I've seen some crazy Harmonian things, but I was more into A:TLA, so most of the crazy I saw was Zutara.
>>
>>91829275
HP shipwar ended in 2005, before youtube. It was fought mainly on forums and Livejournal. There were huge analysis essays and manifestos, though.
>>
Davekat and Davejade
>>
>>91829275
Some people rewrote ALL the Harry Potter books to make Harmony canon
>>
>>91829544
http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/02/showbiz/rowling-hermione-ron-revelation/
>>
>>91829436
>>91829544
Ha, that's...really something. Zutara was on foums and livejournal too, but it makes me wonder what kind of trainwreck the Harmonians could have caused on youtube then.

Zutarians did try to organize an animated re-do of the ending though. But, at least as far as I know, that was abandoned, so I guess the Harmonians take the cake.
>>
>>91829598
I know about this article. The whole thing was taken out of context. People need to watch the actual interview.
>>
>>91818819
CUTE AND CANON
>>
Have Zutarans ever actually had a romantic relationship?

Besides with a stuffed animu doll, I mean.
>>
File: Mai.png (890KB, 1010x772px) Image search: [Google]
Mai.png
890KB, 1010x772px
Zutarans ignore one crucial fact:

that Mai is best girl and she and Zuko deserve to be happy together.

>"Saving the jerk who dumped me"

>yfw she was willing to die to save Zuko
>>
File: 1453086988203.gif (931KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1453086988203.gif
931KB, 320x240px
>>91817238
this is officially one of the most comfiest threads i have been in a while.

proud zutarian here, i will forever ship them.
>>
>>91829785
That's not Jin.
>>
>>91829785
Mai is a cunt. Kei Lo and Zuko should have gotten together and dumped her dumb ass.

>>91829862
This.
>>
>>91829785
"I don't hate you."
"I don't hate you either."
Always thought that was cute af.
>>
I still ship Harry/Hermione, so many years later you will never convince me that Ginny didn't slip him a love potion.
>>
>>91829945

Ginny didn't slip Harry a love potion.
>>
>>91829945
More proof that Harmonians are the worst.
>>
>>91816221
Yeah, Lion-o got dynamically cuck'd by both his love interests.
>>
>>91829955
the signs are all there man.
>Harry suddenly just notices Ron's sister who's been basically background noise since the second book
>big plot point was how bad a love potion could be
>even has the minor part of Ron accidentally getting dosed
I know I'm fucking cancer for caring about ships but I cant help it, I've been shipping since Digimon
>>
>>91829945

How the hell did you come up with that?
>>
>>91830012

Ah. You know that actually is somewhat reasonable and clever. Unfortunately that is far too much for harry potter. Rowling doesn't write well enough for that level of subtly and inference.
>>
>>91818424
>>91818330
>>91817993
>>91817646

Reminder that 3 full length Draco/Ginny novels were actually written by a fanfiction writer.

She actually went to get them published and changed all the names.

The authors pen name was Cassandra Clare and the resulting series became The Mortal Instruments (aka the Shadowhunters TV show on Freeform)
>>
>>91829945
What the fuck?
>>
>>91830058

Wait what?
>>
>>91829723
Lauren Montgomery ships Zutara and she's currently writing for Voltron Legendary Defender.
>>
>>91830058
Isn't that the same origin story for how 50 shades of grey became a thing? How it was a twilight fanfic but with name changes.
>>
>>91829945
harry x ginny makes sense, the problem is that ginny is the worst fucking character of all times.
ron x hermione makes kinda sense too, then again, ron is fucking trash.

harry x hermione makes more sense than those 2, and literally gets away with everything.

fuck the weasleys, draco was right all along.
>>
>>91818815
Some people do but the rabid Taiora fans drown em out
>>
>>91814123
I remember reading that Lion-O was going to full job to the point of failing, but Jaka keeps him inside the book to heal. When Lion-O comes back it's years later and Kit-Kat are leading a resistance. Panthro was supposed to go full terminator and be brainwashed due to all the cybernetics.
>>
File: hosodawhy.png (848KB, 1412x1135px) Image search: [Google]
hosodawhy.png
848KB, 1412x1135px
>>91830117
They are a dead ship now that Tai/Kari is canon.
>>
>>91830106

Harry Hermione made a lot less sense in the books than it did in the films, and Ron was a lot better in print than on screen.
>>
>>91830101
Yep. Christian and Ana were originally Edward and Bella. Weird how that happens
>>
>>91830101
>Isn't that the same origin story for how 50 shades of grey became a thing? How it was a twilight fanfic but with name changes.

The Mortal Instruments was Harry Potter Fanfiction.

Fifty Shades Of Grey was Twilight Fanfiction.

After was One Direction Fanfiction (movie is in development).
>>
>>91830147
It all makes sense now. Even the epilogue part of 02 where both of them had a kid but no clear partner.
>>
>>91830117
Reminder that Taiora fans started a petition to make their ship canon. Fuck them and their ship. Jyou/Mimi is the only thing that matters.
>>
>>91830075

Long story short.
Book publishers are now looking at fanfiction for their next 'big' things.

They grab them when they're already written, they just need to swap out the names and give it some editing and they can churn them out cheaply.

The writers are also no-names so they can pay them peanuts.
>>
>>91813356
You're a baby if you think Zutara shippers were the most "batshit insane" out of hundreds of worse fandoms.
>>
>>91830218
>Jyou/Mimi
Patrician taste.
>>
File: IMG_0363.jpg (24KB, 292x425px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0363.jpg
24KB, 292x425px
>>91830228
So can we expect a movie adaptation?
>>
>>91830236

wonder how many people have been driven to attempt suicide like the SU fandom did to Zamii070?
>>
>>91830117
taiora is a meme ship, only nostalgiafags and normies care about it.

everyone hates 02 and like to pretend it didnt happened anyways.
>>
>>91830260

13 Reasons Why: Steven Universe Edition
>>
>>91830218
Reminder that Harmonians hated HP6 for the Romione development and wrote long essays on how it was all just Rowling using Romione as a red herring for the true canon Harmony.
Reminder that Harmonians wrote thousands of letters telling Rowling to kill herself or suicide baited her into making Harmony canon.
Reminder that Harmonians contributed to the Ron the Death Eater fanon.
Reminder that Harmonians had HP7 book burning barbecues and destroyed all their merchandise when Romione and Hinny were made canon.
>>
asuka or rei?
>>
>>91830236
It's mostly Kataangfags who think Zutara was DA WORST. Even VLD at the moment is more rabid.
>>
>>91830058
>Reminder that 3 full length Draco/Ginny novels were actually written by a fanfiction writer.
>She actually went to get them published and changed all the names
Yah it's not that shocking. An average book is something like 70k words anyway (100+ is still fine in fantasy, that readership doesn't balk from high word counts), and there are loads of popular fanfics with 200+k word counts.

50 shades pulled the same thing, it used to be Twilight fanfiction.

I'm writing a fic my self, 70k so far, and can believe that if you've put in all that development and plot/world building (if) and if it gets popular, the temptation to just change the names and setting and publish it is high. Not planning on it myself but I can see why people do
>>
>>91830236
In a "Western Cartoons" context, Zutarians are the very worse, at the end of the "batshit insane" spectrum.

I like to remind them that Aang had his dick inside Katara for more time than Zuko and Katara have ever interacted with each other. It is totally canon and they can do nothing about it.
>>
>>91830351
Neither, Misato is best girl.
>>
>>91830317
Also people who were shipping the actors Emma and Daniel together and hoping Rupert would die in real life.

>>91830358
That's /co/ for you.
>>
>>91830380
That's not saying much when most cartoons have hardly any relationship development for people to latch onto and rabid create a shipping fan base. Besides, Klancers have already overtaken that spot for most batshit.
>>
>>91830380
>"Western Cartoons" context

Yeah, because there's hardly anything else, smartass.
>>
>>91830260
>wonder how many people have been driven to attempt suicide like the SU fandom did to Zamii070
She was driven to attempt suicide as a result of a hate campaign started for personal bullying reasons (girls can be vicious to each other) and the vast majority of the hate she got was in and from the Homestuck fandom. Some from mlp too. SU just happened to make the news because a last straw incident was over a SU image.

Get your facts straight. Of course it's still messed up the tumbler SU fandom takes shit so seriously there was any furor over a character being thinner than in canon in a fanwork, but a lot of her hate blogs existed before she made anything for SU for example
>>
>>91830431
>That's not saying much
It is when they defend that their 10-minutes-of-interaction ship is literally the deepest relationship in any fiction. One Zutarian said it here on this thread.

If Aang had his dick inside Katara for more than 10 minutes (which I'm pretty sure he had), then their point becomes really hard to defend.

>Klancers have already overtaken that spot for most batshit.
They still have ten years to go.
>>
>>91830461

t. sugfag
>>
>>91830317
Harmonians are definitely the worst. People took them more seriously because a lot of their fans were male iirc. Can't brush them off as just "crazy fangirls".
>>
>>91830500
Nope, the Klancers are already worse.
>>
>>91830527
>a lot of their fans were male
This shit is just like Taiora.
>>
>>91830500
>"One Zutarian said it here on this thread."
>Using 4chan as a sauce
Holy fuck nigga
>>
>>91830527
LoK was shit but Bryke just blamed the negative reception as fangirls not understanding his work.
>>
>>91813356
All because Zulp tied her to a tree. That's what the whole shit came from. Him literally tying her to a fucking tree and threatening her. Shippers are fuck tards
>>
>>91830583
Bryke are hacks.
>>
>>91830573
It is not a source, is "proof".

Learning the meaning of the words, Zutarian.
>>
>>91830583
Yeah, Bryan made a comic about it. I still don't understand what it's trying to say.
>>
>>91830500
>It is when they defend that their 10-minutes-of-interaction ship is literally the deepest relationship in any fiction.
Who the fuck actually thinks this? Sounds like bait/false flagging. I think it had potential, that's all.
>>
>>91813356

Well, from what I understand from the pilot and some of the early drafts, Katara was supposed to fall in love with Zuko and Aang was supposed to let go of his earthly attachments to become the greatest avatar ever.

Supposedly Zuko and Katara's relationship was to represent healing divisions and scars in the world caused by war.

But that was all thrown out.

Personally, I would have been okay if Aang actually stayed a celibate avatar. It is called the last airbender, after all.
>>
>>91830607
>Zutarian
I don't ship anything from ATLA
>>
>>91830621
Here
>>91815344
>>
>>91830629
Kataangfags just like to accuse everyone who disagrees with them as being an incognito Zutarian. We have these kinds of threads all the time and it's always the same shit being thrown about.
>>
>>91830573
Not that anon, but I'm just going to leave this here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMQTXfah08Y
>>
>>91830637
>>Seriously, it had the potential to be one of the best relationships in fiction
That's quite different from what you said.
>literally the deepest relationship in any fiction.
>>
>>91830657
This is still nothing compared to Klance videos.
>>
File: 1234895851-cartoon-jameson-2135.jpg (33KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1234895851-cartoon-jameson-2135.jpg
33KB, 400x300px
>>91830677
Show me the Klance videos anon, I demand more videos of trainwrecks!
>>
>>91830527
Fanboys sperging over all their archived knowledge of Harmony is a fucking trip.
>>
>>91829275
Harmony was far, far worse than Zutara. You can't even compare the two, honestly. Harmony makes Zutara look sane. There's also crazy shit from the SPN fandom like J2.
>>
>>91830751
I believe you guys, it's just fascinating to me in that terrible way. I always see Harmony get mentioned, but rarely explained, so things like the book re-writes and all are the trivia facts I was curious about.
>>
Why has no one mentioned Kirk/Spock yet. The grandpapi of crazy shipping.
>>
>>91825595
That's still more to go on than the Zutarian comparisons.
>>
>>91830662
I'm sorry.

The ten-minutes-of-interaction was not, in fact, the best relationship in fiction. The ten-minutes-of-interaction just had the potential of being the best relationship in fiction. Better than any other relationship ever written. Their ten minutes of interaction was that amazing,

Zutarians now sound much better, huh?
>>
>>91830751
All RPF is on a whole other level of crazy.

>>91830791
/co/ doesn't know shit about things like that. They just wank over how crazy Zutara is on a daily basis. Which was mostly tame shit.
>>
>>91830527
>>91830751

JKR is now a Harmony shipper and says that Ron/Hermione would need serious relationship counselling:

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2014/feb/02/jk-rowling-hermione-harry-ron-married

Maybe Bryke will eat their words with Kataang too.
>>
>>91830836
>/co/ is talking about cartoons instead of Star Trek or Harry Potter
Can you believe it?
>>
>>91830820
If you break it down, any relationship has the potential to be the best written. It's all in the execution. I wouldn't go so far to say that Zutara would be, but I think it did have potential to be good. The foundation for one is there by the end of Book 3.
>>
>>91830862
Another Zutarians fake news.

She never said "I am now a Harry/Hermione shipper", she just said that she made Ron/Hermione a thing more because of her own wishes and less because of the plot.
>>
File: bryan troll comic.jpg (570KB, 764x1008px) Image search: [Google]
bryan troll comic.jpg
570KB, 764x1008px
>>91830583
>>91830615
I remember that. That comic still confuses me too.
>>
>>91830919
Bryke are such whiny bitches.
>>
>>91830886
>any relationship has the potential to be the best written
Then so is Kataang. And so is Tokka. And so is even Sokkara. And so is Aku/Blossom.

Then saying that "Zuko and Katara have the potential to be the BEST RELATIONSHIP EVER WRITTEN IN FICTION" is at best a dumb statement.
>>
>>91830862
>kataang/zutara

It should have been taang that won.
>>
>>91830871
/co/ talks about HP a fair bit for some reason.
>>
>>91830651
What we have in every thread is "look, I'm not a Zutara, I'm just saying that Zutara is the best piece of fiction I have ever seen".
>>
>>91830970
/co/ is full of illiterates who have only ever read Harry Potter. This is why they like comics.
>>
>>91830950
>Then so is Kataang. And so is Tokka. And so is even Sokkara
Sure, but Kataang certainly wasn't written well at all. You'd have to rewrite a lot for Sokkara to make sense.

>Then saying that "Zuko and Katara have the potential to be the BEST RELATIONSHIP EVER WRITTEN IN FICTION" is at best a dumb statement.
Yeah, it's a bit much. In context of the the story, I think Zutara could've been great though.
>>
>>91830971
But that person I responded to didn't say Zutara was the best or whatever. They just said there's way more crazy shipdoms than Zutara.
>>
>>91830995
Maybe illiteracy explains why we have people here who thinks that Zutara is a masterpiece and Ehasz is a sabotaged Shakespeare.
>>
>>91831010
>Sure, but Kataang certainly wasn't written well at all
Neither was the ten minutes of Zuko/Katara interaction. If anything, saying that "Kataang could be one of the best relationships in fiction" would be more sincere, since at least it was written.
>>
>>91813356

Well, *I* think Zutara is good fan fiction.
>>
>>91831028
Bryke are illiterate themselves tho.
>>
>>91830919
What did Bryan mean by this?
>>
>>91831119
Kek. This is true.
>>
>>91831119
>>91831141
If you two are butthurt for ten years because the guys supposedly didn't think that two characters that barely had any interactions should fall in love, then the illiterates are you, not them.
>>
>>91831062
>Neither was the ten minutes of Zuko/Katara interaction
What? Forget the ship talk for a minute. The Zuko and Katara dynamic was one of the few things season 3 did ight. Zuko desperately seeking Katara's approval, Katara's anger at, and eventual forgiveness of Zuko were handled very well. Them fighting alongside together in the finale was very thematically fitting, given they fought against each other in the previous two season finales.

>If anything, saying that "Kataang could be one of the best relationships in fiction" would be more sincere, since at least it was written.
Not really, because what we got was terrible.
>>
>>91831179
>What? Forget the ship talk for a minute. The Zuko and Katara dynamic was one of the few things season 3 did ight.
Just shippers think so. Anyone else thinks that both had to act OoC to the plot go where it went, and the plot itself was contrived in order to force the two to interact to begin with.

People can honestly say that the interactions between Aang and Katara through the season were much more true to the characters and the plot surrounding it much better written. And they would be right.

>Not really, because what we got was terrible.
And so was the rare Zuko/Katara interaction. May I remind you that the ship started with Zuko tying Katara to a tree?
>>
>>91831282
>Just shippers think so.
>May I remind you that the ship started with Zuko tying Katara to a tree?
I don't give a fuck about what shippers think, all I care about is story quality. If they could've written Kataang well, I would've been perfectly fine with that.
>the interactions between Aang and Katara through the season were much more true to the characters and the plot surrounding it much better written.
No. You'll even be hard pressed to find Kataang shippers who agree with that.
>>
>>91831344
>all I care about is story quality
So do I. If the plot becomes contrived in order to force two characters to interact, then it is shitty.

>No
Yes. It is very simple:
The situations occur naturally and the characters interact organically.
The situations force two characters to interact and they do it out of character.

The first is true for Katara calming Aang after Appa was kidnapped.
The last is true for Katara and Zuko going after high officials of the Fire Nation due to a plot that came out of nowhere.
It is no rocket science, friend.
>>
>>91831165
>If you two
>If
Yeah, I'm not. I only ever shipped Suki/Sokka. The other guy doesn't even ship anything.
>>
W-what was so bad about the third season? I liked it!
>>
>>91831425
>The first is true for Katara calming Aang after Appa was kidnapped.
That ain't in season 3. Great moment though.

>The last is true for Katara and Zuko going after high officials of the Fire Nation due to a plot that came out of nowhere.
>out of nowhere
Katara's hatred towards her Mother's killer and how she connected that to her hatred of Zuko and the fire nation came out of nowhere? Zuko desperately wanting Katara's forgiveness is out of nowhere?
>>
>>91831501
I told you they'd just accuse of being a Zutara shipper if you disagreed lmao
>>
>>91830919
Can someone explain what this comic means?
>>
>>91831515
>That ain't in season 3.
Then the first is true to the first episode of season 3 or to Aang and Katara dancing together. They aren't short in interactions.

>Katara's hatred towards her Mother's killer and how she connected that to her hatred of Zuko and the fire nation came out of nowhere? Zuko desperately wanting Katara's forgiveness is out of nowhere?
The "I happen to know these very specific guys that killed your mother, let's go after them" came out of nowhere, and is so bad that is not even funny. If all you care about is story quality, then this shouldn't pass your criteria.
>>
>>91831576

I think Bryan felt cyberbullied by fangirls who called him a "troll" for the bloodbender thing. He obviously feels GOT would never get this kind of criticism because fangirl think with their vagina.

AFAICT.
>>
>>91830871
/co/ has a weird boner for Harry Potter shit. Especially femDraco.
>>
>>91831617
Yeah, I was confused by that anon acting like /co/ doesn't care for HP when it clearly does. They prefer comics so it's probably the only novel most of them have ever read 2bh.
>>
>>91831588
>very specific guys
Zuko is the fire nation prince, he would've been highly educated, especially in warfare. Of course he would know the name of the fleet that patrols the South Pole. I imagine that would be fairly common knowledge even.

You are blinded by you hatred towards this ship.
>>
>>91831609
That's the message? Well it's obvious these guys have no idea how to make a fucking comic. They can't even convey a simple message like that.
>>
>>91814123
>>"Dude, she's the only female character who doesn't treat Lion-O like shit! The writers are obviously trying to sneak something."
All shippers who think their obviously non-cannon ship is secretly cannon are equally batshit insane. Including the people who used to ship SuperboyxTim Drake.
>>
>>91831726
Mike authored a really crappy and pretentious novel. They really can't write for shit.
>>
>>91831659
Katara's anger toward the Southern Raiders was never shown to be that intense until the plot demanded that it be.

S1 Katara (when Aang finds Gyatso)
>"We're your family now"

Southern Raiders Katara
>"Fuck you Aang, I'm leaving alone with Zuko who I don't trust and you don't understand my anger at losing my mom"
>>
>>91831659
You are blinded by your love.

Zuko knowing and recognizing this very specific fleet from a shitty description and being able to track it down just based on that is laughable when compared to "The Firebending Masters" or "The Boiling Rock".
>>
>>91831754
Rebellion Genius, right? I haven't read it but it was marketed as YA which everyone knows is the demographic for hackjobs. Bryan is currently working on a comic called Threadworlds and I have no hopes for it.
>>
>>91831771
to be fair katara in book 1 was a different person from katara in book 3.
>>
>>91831777
Boiling Rock is great TV, m8

I unironically love it. Maybe I'm just a sucker for prison-break plots.
>>
>>91831754
They said in a documentary that Avatar was the first writing project they ever did and they relied heavily on Ehasz. That explains the huge difference between the final product and IP Bible.
>>
>>91831786
But she's only vengeful in that episode for the purpose of the episode's plot.
>>
>>91831783
>YA
Illiterate Bryke confirmed
>>
>>91831793
I know it is great. Then again, it wasn't contrived and forced like "The Southern Raiders".

"The Firebending Masters" is great, too.

"The Southern Raiders" is easily the worst one, but is a sacred cow for some people because it contains half of the interactions that Zuko and Katara ever had.
>>
>>91831576
Konietzko posted it some time after the broadcast of the episode where Tarrlok reveals himself as a bloodbender and kidnaps Korra. I don't understand why he portrays a hambeast getting angry over that ending though; I remember that particular cliffhanger making fans really excited and anxious to see the next episode. Maybe the guy had a crappy encounter with some idiotic fan on tumblr who got upset over the episode, and he felt the need to defend himself by drawing that comic? I really don't know. I haven't been browsing tumblr, so maybe their response to the episode was more upset than the hyped reception it got on 4chan.

That sixth panel ("how dare they have conflict and high stakes in their stories") feels really self-congratulatory. It looks like Konietzko's just stroking his ego with that comic.
>>
>>91831806
Exactly. It would be different if Katara had been trying to find the people who killed her mom throughout the series, but they aren't even mentioned until that episode. Then suddenly, Katara acts like it's been her driving purpose all along
>>
>>91831801
>they relied heavily on Ehasz
You do know that before Avatar all the experience that Ehasz ever had with writing was three episodes of "Futurama", right?

Stop talking like he was Hemingway.
>>
>>91831771
Her anger towards the fire nation for that is a constant throughout the series, that only grows. When she is presented with an opportunity to actually face them, of course she's going to take it.
>>
>>91831777
Once again, I don't give a fuck who ends up with who as long as its done well.

>very specific fleet
The dude is the FIRE NATION PRINCE. He is raised for this shit.
>>
>>91831576
Bryke got a lot of criticism for how shit Korra was but they believed it was just fangirls being stupid and not "getting" their genius. Hence, the comic.

>>91831828
>feels really self-congratulatory
They did that a lot in their interviews.

>>91831896
That anon didn't call him Hemingway. Ehasz actually wrote shit unlike them
>>
>>91831947
>Her anger towards the fire nation for that is a constant throughout the series, that only grows.
It wasn't showed. In fact, before "The Southern Raiders" she was much more eager against the Fire Nation in the first season than in the third. She and the Gaang even bounded with people of the Fire Nation. It was clear that they were learning that war isn't as simple as "I HATE YOUR KIND!".

The episode regressed her.
>>
>>91832004
>The episode regressed her.
Come on now. She never hated the innocent civilians, but she was always angry at the people responsible for her mother's death.
>>
>>91831783
Of course it was YA. That's the only thing they can make.
>>
>>91831965
>Ehasz actually wrote shit unlike them
Barely. Not enough to make people rely on him.

Current Bryke are way more experienced than Ehasz.
>>
>>91832056
If they were experienced they wouldn't be churning out shitty YA.
>>
>>91832056
ATLA would've sucked without Ehasz.
>>
File: 1490149839330.jpg (66KB, 460x400px) Image search: [Google]
1490149839330.jpg
66KB, 460x400px
>>91813356
Kataqualads.
>>
>>91832037
>but she was always angry at the people responsible for her mother's death.
She literally went an entire season without bringing that topic. Even on season one this was treated lightly. Katara being "revenge before reason" NEVER was part of her character, only for that episode.

Sokka going after his father is much more organic, because we see throughout the show how much Sokka idolizes and is proud of his father.
>>
>>91832069
As opposed to doing nothing, like "Ehasz, the Perfect"?
>>
>>91832056
Yes, that's why Korra was so much better than ATLA!
>>
>>91816691
Seeing as the writers have pretty well given up on the idea of Pokemon having actual continuity, everybody else should too. Just pick whichever era you prefer and ignore the rest.
>>
>>91832132
You're forgetting Crossroads of Destiny.
>Katara being "revenge before reason" NEVER was part of her character
She never had the chance to face her mother's killer. Katara is an extremely emotional person, so I'd say this is very in character for her.
>>
>>91826395
Nothing. Shitposters just hate their retarded cuckmemes will come to an end.
>>
>>91832201
"She never had the opportunity" doesn't change the fact that it was never in character for her.

Again, compare her to Sokka. In Sokka's case, it was way less contrived and anyone can see it.
>>
>>91832273
>never in character for her.
I disagree completely. Katara is frequently shown to think emotionally rather than rationally. Besides, people aren't robots. They aren't going to behave the same way in every situation.
>>
>>91832273

"She has never been in a situation that could have provoked this reaction before" is, in fact, a very good reason for why she has never shown that reaction before.
>>
>>91832369
When was Katara showed as being a "FUCK YOU GUYS, REVENGE IS EVERYTHING TO ME!" type?

> They aren't going to behave the same way in every situation.
I couldn't come up with a better excuse for OoC moments myself.

Katara also went from "one minute of conversation is all that takes to convince me that the guy who was always trying to kill me is good at heart" to "HOW THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO BE FRIENDS WITH A FIRE SCUM THEY KILLED MY MOTHER!".

>>91832425
You would have a point IF she was a vengeful person.

You can't give a character a trait of personality suddenly and then say "well, this was never showed because it was only triggered in this situation and never again, before or after". If you do, will be bad writing.
>>
>>91832481
>I couldn't come up with a better excuse for OoC moments myself.
There is a difference between a character being OoC and revealing a different side of them. It is a fine line admittedly, but a good writer tries to make their characters never too predictable. If you can predict how a character will behave in every situation, that is a sign of a 'flat' character, which is bad writing.

>one minute of conversation is all that takes to convince me that the guy who was always trying to kill me is good at heart
That is wildly inaccurate, and Zuko and Yon Ra (?) are not comparable.
>>
>>91825934
>Conquering the shinobi world by producing the perfect waifus
Fucking brilliant
>>
>>91832526
>If you can predict how a character will behave in every situation, that is a sign of a 'flat' character, which is bad writing.
And if a character behave extraordinarily in order to force itself into a plot, this is also bad writing.

Katara was the only character that had this problem. All the other ones kept their normal characterizations intact when interacting with Zuko. None of them needed a "one and done" character trait to justify it.

>That is wildly inaccurate
This is exactly what happened, and I'm pretty sure that a guy who values good writing so much like yourself didn't find this pathetic scene any good.
>>
>>91813356
Movie only Harmony fags. Worst two decisions JK made was making the finale a two parter and letting the directors and WB turn Ron into the comedy of the franchise. They gave everything ron did to Hermione except the chess board and turned her into the hyper intelligent Mary Sue people talk about today
>>
>>91829598
I still support that Ron/Hermione was a thing on the movies before it ever was a thing in the books
Basically producers wanted it so Rowling comllied
>>
>>91832581
I really disagree man, but there's not much else I can say. Let's just agree to disagree.
>>
>Harry/Hermione
The movies were a fucking mistake
>>
>>91829945
Harry was into Asians
Big step from Asians to tiny ginger girls
I don't buy it
>>
>>91830391
Truer words have never been spoksn
>>
>>91832606
>>91832641
Why are you Harmonyfags so retarded?
>>
>>91829598
I'm sure it had nothing to do with the fantastic beasts and cursed child announcements that year
>>
>>91832657
People think Zutara shippers are the worst when Harmony exists.
>>
>>91832657
because they want to self insert with their waifu
>>
>>91832657
They're up their with J2 in retardation levels.

>>91832672
Zutara shippers look rational compared to them.
>>
>>91832694
Self insertion is only bad when women do it.
>>
>>91829598
You should check out the actual interview for this instead of believing in this sensationalist headline. Even Watson came out saying people interpreted things the wrong way. Rowling later said repeatedly that that Ginny and Harry were MFEO. Hermione would also be miserable without Ron, CC shows they have feelings for each other in every alternate universe.

But whatever, Harmonians gonna be Harmonians.
>>
>>91832657
It's funny because Harry/Draco was a bigger ship than Harry/Hermione but Drarry supporters were never close to being as bugfuck crazy as Harmonians.
>>
>>91832752
>J2
Fuck the CWRPS.
>>
>>91813356
How is Zutara the most insane when Johnlock shippers in China rick going to prison for their slash fic?

Oh and like everyone else is already saying...the Harmonians are legendary with their psychotic behavior.
>>
>>91832932
If we're heading into RPF territory then there's also those rabid K-Pop bandslashers. They obsessively track twitter search terms like they're the police and harass if you say anything negative against their favorite artist.
>>
>>91817002
You mean Harmony, ignoramus.
>>
>>91832966
Johnlock was absolutely horrifying.
>>
>>91830791
Spirk is a good ship (IN MY OPINION) but it spawned so much shit.
>>
At least Zutara started the trend of Ship Weeks where I can now get art of my rare OTPs. What good has Harmony ever done?
>>
>>91832672
Wasn't Wolfstar pretty bad too?

>>91833067
They have done nothing positive. Their only major contribution is Evil Ron.
>>
>>91833080
Wolfstar was bad but it can't compete with Harmony.
>>
>>91813356
Holy shit, who is the fucker who makes this same type of thread over and over again? We get it, Zutara sucks and you're a Kataangfag. I'm gonna start spite shipping Zutara myself if I keep seeing this shit.
>>
>>91833080
The Draco shippers gave us Leather Pants but that's not as bad.
>>
>>91833218
HP fandom made Ron worse than Voldemort and they turned Draco into the Byronic protagonist. There is fanfiction of this shit longer than the entire ASoIaF series.
>>
>>91833218
>>91833266
Draco could have been a decent character if they just had him fuck Harry.
>>
>>91830147
This whole thing reads like a joke.
>>
>>91833404
It's completely real, friendo.
>https://desuarchive.org/a/thread/155598894/
>>
>>91814567

No. Not by a fucking mile. They're some of the very least insane, in fact, because it's just for fun. And this post is just a case of "no one should ever enjoy anything I don't like, even if it's just ten people somewhere."

Worst shippers are:

1. Convinced their ship must be canon and viciously harass anyone, fans or creators, who suggest it shouldn't or isn't or even that the ship just isn't that great. Zutarians, Harmonians, Klancers, etc.

2. Harassment, doxxing, actual illegal behavior over fucking fictional ships extends into real life, real life harassment of real people sometimes leads to jail time.

3. Anything else that fucks up their real life and other people's lives, even to the point of people possibly ending up dead, over fucking imaginary characters like insisting that people in their real lives refer to them as the characters and treating them as the fictional characters, anything gaining criminal records or destroying job prospects over ships. *

* I do not include people like jailed China fujos in this, though. This is a case of fascist batshit governments squashing free expression. The tyranny is a much bigger fucking issue and lack of even the most basic human rights for their ctitizens.

Most chill:

1. Oldschool fujo and yuri shippers who knew their ships would never be canon and did not give a fuck.

2. Crack shippers who know their ship will never be canon and do not give a fuck.

3. Basically anyone who can just be reasonably respectful, chill, casual, or overall reasonable about what make-believe people do and treat it as the actual hobby and casual entertainment it should be. This includes not freaking the fuck out about what ships other people are having fun with, by the way.
>>
>>91833155
>thinking that it is a kataang fag

Dude, it's always the same girl pretending to be a kataang and them saying that "zutara would have made more sense". It's always the same stuff in these threads.
>>
Chinese fujos going to prison for their slash fic are hardcore.
>>
>>91833422
I am so glad Taiora is fucking dead.
>>
>>91833469
If you're referring to me, I'm neither OP nor a girl. I am, however, a Kataanger who thinks Zutara would have made more sense with Ehasz's original vision. Sorry if that amount of nuance is too much for you.
>>
>>91833422
Of course /a/ would be into siscon shit. Damn, I should have been here to witness the /co/ assblasting. It's like Taiorafag Central.
>>
>>91833569
I want Klancers to go to prison.
>>
>>91833422
BEAUTIFUL!!
>>
Padippica makes any Gravity Falls discussion here unbearable.
>>
>>91833716
It's the guys self inserting onto Dipper so they can bone Pacifica. I always found Mabifica shippers more crazy because of the sjw nonsense they bring along (same applies to Korrasami and Klancefags).
>>
> no mention of Synlet
I blame myself
>>
>>91833716
t. Hirsch
>>
>>91833731
You'll know if you ever browse the VLD threads on /co/
>>
>>91833731
Klancers have been getting people fired from their jobs for liking rival ships (mostly Sheith) and burning artwork. Zutara shippers were never this fucking bad so all this stuff about them being Harmony-level is pure bullshit.
>>
File: mabel and bill doujin.png (564KB, 800x1135px) Image search: [Google]
mabel and bill doujin.png
564KB, 800x1135px
>>91833716
>>91833729

For all the bitching here about how it doesn't make any sense the Bill Cipher shippers are actually the best Gravity Falls shippers. They know it doesn't make any sense and is silly, never claim it's canon or should have been in the show, are often Japanese and make well-drawn doujinshi, are only trying to have fun and mostly just have to worry about SJWs finding them and calling the cops on them because they drew pictures of cartoon people holding hands with a cartoon triangle.
>>
>>91833808
Kids these days don't know TRUE fandom retardation. Actually, they might get a taste of it from Klance.
>>
>>91833734
At this point I've learned to ignore their existence.
>>
All ships are fucking terrible.
>>
>>91833808
They called Shiro's VA a pedo apologist because he told them to stop fighting over ships.
>>
>>91833716
At least Dipper has a canonical crush on Pacifica now.
>>
>>91833716
Any and all GF shippers should be purged. Talk about ruining discussion.
>>
>>91833958
Klancers really are coming close to being the all-time worst right now. Probably just the noisiest and craziest ones and most are normal. But still.
>>
>>91833958
Hah, Zutara can't even compete with this level of crazy.
>>
>>91833999
Yeah, in a tie-in book throwaway line.

Wendip stuff on the other hand basically kept going right until the end.
>>
All SU ships are fucking terrible.
>>
>>91834062
>Lapidot tore up an entire fanbase and got a storyboarder fired
kek
>>
>>91834083
Zuke was a big Lapidot shipper but Amedot fans hated it. It's even funnier because Zuke herself created Amedot.
>>
>>91833999
He doesn't even say he has a crush, just that he felt a "weird vibe." The weirder line there was that she smelled like alcohol. WTF?

>>91834004
I've only ever seen Padippica, Wendip, and Pinecest fags derail threads and discussion. Padippica and Wendip are either ship wars or about how it should have happened or maybe arguing about ages and dating with Wendip and Alex is a fucking monster because it didn't happen while Pinecest derails into weird shit about Alex wanting to fuck his sister.

The other ships don't do any of that.
>>
Can someone please tell me how bad the FFVII ship wars are.
>>
>>91834134
You mean Aerith/Cloud vs Cloud/Tifa?
>>
>>91834134
The LTD is still ongoing. Both sides think they are the winner but will not stop until their rival has admitted defeat. The remake is going to bring this shit back into full swing.
>>
>>91834062
STEVEN UNIVERSE WAS A MISTAKE
>>
File: 499.jpg (145KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
499.jpg
145KB, 500x700px
>>91834058
Wendip was doomed from the start. Pic related.
>>
>>91834191
Modern cartoons are a mistake.
>>
>>91834162
Yes.

>>91834179
A 20 year old ship war? Christ. I thought Cloud was official with Tifa.
>>
>>91834083
Lapidot ruined two decent characters.
>>
>>91834208
It's probably one of the longest ship wars out there.
>>
>>91834051
People who think Zutara was really that crazy is a weak shit who hasn't witnessed true horror.

>>91834208
There are debates from both sides on who Cloud *truly* loved. It's fucking stupid because Aerith is dead and will always remain dead.
>>
>>91834062
>tfw i ship pewey just to spite sjws
>>
>>91815022
You think Zutara didn't have "true" finale comics?
>>
>>91834179
I heard (so I could be wrong) Cloud/Aerith was the official couple but then they wanted to kill off a character so they chose Aerith and created another character called Tifa to fulfil the love interest role. The original game seems to lean towards Cloud/Aerith but all the subsequent material leans towards Cloud/Tifa and explains the Cloud/Aerith thing as Aerith being in love with Zack's personality trapped inside him and Cloud feeling attracted Aerith because of his Zack mind.
>>
>>91834353
The Zutara comics are like 5 pages or whatever. The Narusaku fans have a complete fanon wiki dedicated to their personal world consisting of thousands of comics. There's nothing wrong with that though. They can draw whatever they want.
>>
>>91834394
/co/ once wanted to do a complete re-write of the original Digimon so Taiora could happen.
>>
Honestly, I just want Aang to suffer.

Avatars should not get happy endings.
>>
>>91834289
>People who think Zutara was really that crazy is a weak shit who hasn't witnessed true horror.

You do kind of have to step up your batshit crazy game these days to be fucking psycho over ships and physically or otherwise go out and attack or stalk real people and break lots of actual laws, the game has changed.

If you're not tracking down some artist and recruiting friends to literally chase them around berating them or downloading a bunch of actual child pornopgraphy of real children all the time and sending it to shippers you're accusing of being pedophiles (because looking at downloading and spreading real CP makes them the people drawing 20 year old cartoon character, the pedophiles) you're just weaksauce on crazy island these days.
>>
>>91834438
They said it was to "explain inconsistencies" but we all know it's because they're still assblasted over Taiora not happening.
>>
>>91834504
So they send CP to rival shippers and then call the cops on them for possession of CP?
>>
>>91833716
>>91834119
This is why Robin is the patrician choice.
>>
>>91834478
I agree. Forcing Aang to sacrifice everything for the good of the world would've been compelling as fuck. Going from acting selfishly and running away from his responsibility, to becoming the most powerful Avatar of all time.
>>
>>91834438
Eh, /co/ loves to fling shit at Zutara but they don't realize just how desperate they are for Taiora themselves.
>>
The only true and pure ship is friendship
Because friendship is magic
>>
>>91834623
I never watched the butchered English dub so I never understood the Taichi/Sora obsession.
>>
>>91813356
No, dumbass, Harmony was a million times worse than Zutara.
>>
>>91834623
Taiora is practically meme-tier for me at this point.

People need to wake the fuck up to the glory that is Tai/Kari.
>>
>>91834289
Any RPF fandom could outclass Zutara in craziness.
>>
>>91834745
That shit should be illegal. Especially when they're doing it with underage people.
>>
>>91824793
Sai-Ino was fucking stupid. What a dumb ass ship.

Let me be clear, I'm all for Shikamaru and Temari, but Ino would have just ben better off alone. Sai is the fucking worst.
>>
>>91825409

I believe at one point, he even said that Hinata would have been a better lead female that Sakura, and regretted making Sakrua that prominent.

At that point, we all knew it was coming
>>
>>91834574
I never heard what their endgame plan was, just that they were sending real actual CP to shippers they considered "pedo" shippers, like Sheith (which is I think a 19 year old and a 25 year old or something, seriously, what the fuck).

But anti-shippers have done things like report fan artists to the FBI was drawing snuggling adult characters if they didn't like the ship, called the cops if they didn't like the ship, hunted people down and following shippers around in real life harassing them, called their schools and families and employers with made up stories about them being rapists, doxxed them, sent out fake accusations to people's workplaces about them on guesses (so not even knowing if they were really the srtists or fans they were targeting), harassed creators, staff, and actors over ships and so forth. Anti-shippers are high octane, hardcore crazy criminals all in the name of "social justice" supposedly, but not really. They they whine and scream when they get reported for harassment and the cops show up at their house because "I was already on probabtion."
>>
>>91832113
I would read this book
>>
>>91817283
You're joking, right?
http://imgur.com/gallery/XcMWY
>>
>>91834996
>http://imgur.com/gallery/XcMWY
>Caring about Bleach after the first arc

These people obviously have down syndrome and should be pitied
>>
>>91815022
>>NaruSakus literally made their own final where they get together and ignore the manga. Some of them convinced themselves that Boruto and Himawari are Kiba's children.
But they look EXACTLY LIKE Naruto AND hinata.

Christ, fandoms are stupid
>>
>>91834996
The Narusaku HOAD contains Ichiruki pics in it too.
>>
File: 1492760825175.gif (512KB, 245x340px) Image search: [Google]
1492760825175.gif
512KB, 245x340px
>>91829859
>proud zutarian here
me and you both
>>
File: 1492602585033.jpg (96KB, 900x1350px) Image search: [Google]
1492602585033.jpg
96KB, 900x1350px
i'm surprised i haven't seen anything about the best ship in adventure time
>>
>>91835280
Finnceline shippers aren't batshit insane though. Unless they thought it was going to become canon I guess.
>>
>>91835280
People are really whiney and obnoxious about AT ships but I've never seen anything that rises to actual crazy levels like publicly burning AT merch or stabbing Pendlton Ward or something for any of its ships.
>>
>>91835335
I wish Hussie got stabbed by a batshit insane Karezi shipper.
>>
I remember all of the crazy Naruto/Sakura shippers going crazy about the ending of the manga. When I finally read through it, there was absolutely nothing in the book that would point towards that ship.
>>
File: 1489631426226.jpg (102KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1489631426226.jpg
102KB, 576x1024px
>>91817238
>>91834996
Christ, this is pathetic. I remember shipping SasuSaku and UlquiHime pretty hardcore for a few years when I was younger then just stopped caring altogether. I don't understand how people can go this insane over a fictional pairing. The only pairings I give any semblance of a fuck about from both those series now are considered crack ships.

>captcha: stop close
>>
>>91831882
>>91831806
if someone killed your mother and then some guy came up to you and said i know where to find him and we can kill him without worrying about getting arrested you would't do it?

you really expect her not to take up that offer?
you guys must not love your mothers
>>
>>91835648
But SasuSaku became canon?
>>
>>91836082
I stopped caring whether it became canon or not. People need to chill when it comes to whether their ships become canon, especially when it comes to the point where its detrimental and their behavior changes that harshly.
>>
>>91829785
>she and Zuko deserve to be happy together
>the comics happened

Anon, I...
>>
>>91818351

That whole post is a lie. ATLA was always planned to run three seasons.

A fourth season was something that was toyed with around the end of the second season, but it never happened.

The whole "zutara would've been real if the fourth season happened" is just one more example of Zootards delusions.
>>
>>91826792

13 and 15. And Aang looks noticeably taller toward the end.
>>
>>91830624

You don't understand anything. Aang and Katara is there from the start. Nothing was supposed to happen with Katara and Zuko outside of Eahsz delusion.
>>
File: height.jpg (128KB, 1440x480px) Image search: [Google]
height.jpg
128KB, 1440x480px
>>91836903
>>
>>91837013
Nothing was supposed to happen with Aang and Katara outside of the fanfiction that is Book 3.
>>
>>91836722
>That whole post is a lie.
It's not a lie.
>ATLA was always planned to run three seasons.
This isn't true.
>>
>>91837730
Fanfiction is the mythical season 4, mate, where Zuko and Katara would become the best relationship in the history of fiction (lel)

Season 3 was a success. Accept it already.
>>
>>91836722
>ATLA was always planned to run three seasons
come on now zutara might not have been intended from the beginning but everything about the show screams that it was planned out for four season
>>
>>91835411
>When I finally read through it, there was absolutely nothing in the book that would point towards that ship.
To be fair, there's nothing in the book that would point towards any ship. Kishimoto wrote a pair of one-sided romances that magically became requited off-screen.

I don't ship Naruto/Sakrua, but the last onscreen interaction Sauske and Sakura had was him koing her, and Naruto barely spoke to Hinata throughout the manga. At least Naruto and Sakura were friends.
>>
>>91837832
Not at all.

I dont even know where you are taking this from, wouldnt even make sense to call a season "Air".
>>
>>91837832
It was planned for five seasons, actually. That's why energybending was introduced.
>>
>>91836903
>>91837709
He is already taller than her 1 or 2 years later in the comics.

And he becomes the tallest member of the team.
>>
>>91837856
>wouldnt even make sense to call a season "Air".
why not?
>>
>>91837920
He already knows how to bend air.

It would also miss the point of the comet and the black sun, considering that the season would have to happen on the fall.
>>
>>91836903
13 and 15? No wonder I always found the image of them kissing on screen fucking uncomfortable.
>>
>>91837848

Nigga, please. The hand holding, the I can see it in your eyes moments, talking praises of their strengths, the peptalks in moments of despair.

Hinata and Naruto might have limited screentime together, but all the moments build them up.
>>
>>91837963
You're telling me you didn't kiss a girl at 13? Loser.
>>
File: Aangie.jpg (77KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
Aangie.jpg
77KB, 500x700px
>>91837963
>uncomfortable
How does this make you feel?
>>
>>91837943
Air was supposed to be about rediscovering the Air Nomads, and Aang adjusting to said rediscovery.
>>
>>91838052
Not even him.

But I made out with a 17 years old when I was 14. This kind of thing happens....and EVEN MORE on medieval asia.
>>
>>91838055

Very hard. 63 Aang is super cute.
>>
>>91838055
More uncomfortable.
Not that anon.
>>
>>91838079
This looks awful and fake, and wouldnt fit at all in the show.
>>
>>91838085
I also have my first kiss with an older girl.

Maybe people uncomfortable with it just had little experience when they were teens.
>>
>>91838085
So you're saying you willingly participated in a criminal act?
>>
>>91838108
With Ehasz writing it? It would be much better than the abomination that is LOK. that's for sure anon.
>>
>>91838085

Heh, my first kiss was when I was 13. She was 16. It was my cousin's cousin.
>>
>>91838105
>More uncomfortable.
But why?

13 years old girl getting with 15 years old boys is normal, and very common.

>>91838162
Remove his cock from your mouth before posting, and I doubt he would want to do this.
>>
>>91825416
Too late. Onii-chan!
>>
>>91838224
If you seriously think anything any decent writer, let alone Ehasz, could write could possibly be worse than the LOK monstrosity you need serious help.
>>
>>91837943
>He already knows how to bend air.

do you really think thats why they name the seasons the way they did? if we are talking about the naming of the seasons then they definitely wanted four seasons

>>91838079
this looks fake do you have a source?
>>
>>91838055
>>91838224

Fukken saved
>>
>>91838224
It's not widely considered acceptable, hence why more and more jurisdictions are adopting stricter age of consent laws, and some already charge minors even when both parties are underage.
>>
File: Aangie and Katar dancing.png (199KB, 500x423px) Image search: [Google]
Aangie and Katar dancing.png
199KB, 500x423px
>>91838254
You know that worst cartoons than LOK exist right?

And holy shit, you are a dumb fangirl, I just said that the idea is still awful and that he probably wouldnt want to do this.
>>
>>91838254
>If you seriously think anything any decent writer, let alone Ehasz
Serious question: what are Ehasz literature achievements?
>>
>>91838322
>fangirl
You're completely delusional if you think girls even visit 4chan, let alone /co/.
>>
>>91838359
Please, Voltron threads are mostly girls fujoshits, acording to polls and the tumblr-speak.
>>
>>91838346
More than yours, that's for sure.
>>
>>91838379
>polls
kek, we all know about those after last year...
>tumblr-speak
you fell for the tumblr is mostly girls meme, eh?
>>
>>91813356
Not /co/ related, but destiel shippers from Supernatural. These idiots almost tried to boycott the season 10 premiere a couple of years ago just because the main actors said it wasn't canon & didn't agree with it.
>>
>>91838380
>>91838430
Is this autism?
>>
>>91838380
Excellent rebuttal.

But seriously, what did he make that made you think that he is the greatest writer? Forgotten "Futurama" episodes?
>>
>>91838475
He wrote the ONLY truly deep ATLA episodes. That's enough in my book.
>>
for the girls just a question, will dating a guy 10 years older than you on your 15 would be creepy? Fun? Exciting?
>>
>>91839488
Foolish anon, there are no girls here!
>>
>>91815022
>tfw naruhinafag since day1 10+years ago
the Pain fight and the ending felt fucking good man
>>
>>91817822
the idea of shipping 12yos itself is pretty disturbing
@niggas whomst've say
>"he's ackchually 112 so it's even weirder XD"
shut the fuck up
>>
>>91818703
all the romance is garbage but most of the Korra porn is amazing
>>
I kinda shipped Sokka and Azula when I was 12
>>
>>91838199
your sister?
>>
>>91840441
>the idea of shipping 12yos itself is pretty disturbing
are the same guy that has been saying Zutara is pedo shit

my guy they are fictional characters there's nothing wrong with shipping them no matter what their in universe age is because they don't exist
>>
>>91830500
>They still have ten years to go.

Did Zutaras ever accuse Bryke, the other writers, and the VAs of the characters of being pedophiles and racists and homophobes because they didn't pander to their ship? Then Klancers have already trumped the Zutards.
>>
>>91814123
More delusional than most.
Thread posts: 506
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.