[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Without comparing it to the reboot, what was wrong with it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: latest.jpg (215KB, 992x1388px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
215KB, 992x1388px
Without comparing it to the reboot, what was wrong with it?

Be specific if you can, like the fact its Dr Doom was pathetic.
>>
>>91812446
Sue and Reed were miscast. Doom didn't feel like a threat, though I didn't mind the actor. Chiklis was perfect for The Thing, but the makeup was laughable. The story was weak - no one's yet got the right 'family' feel out of the FF. Probably because they keep making them young and/or kids.
>>
>>91812446
It was about a superhero team who happened to be a family and not a family that happened to be superheros.

Also it was set in the modern day.

Also I had to watch Reed Richards use his powers to dance in a nightclub.
>>
>>91812537
That's the sequel

>>91812492
>Sue and Reed were miscast.
Can you elaborate? Didn't seem terribly off to me.
>>
>>91812446
It had two good castings and needed three more. Johnny and Ben were great but Reed, Sue and Doom sucked.
>>
>>91812446

Honestly... I don't mind them. They were very early2k flicks, but they were harmless fun. Maybe it's Nostalgia or whatever, but I still have fond memories.
>>
I remember finding it really boring even as a kid. They get these awesome powers, and then they sit around bickering for two hours before it's time to fight Doom in the last 10 minutes. I know that the family theme is important but it shouldn't come at the expense of the spectacle. This was like a family dramedy with a few special effects.
>>
>>91812446
I just want an FF movie were Doom is is a threat solely because of how smart he is I want his armor/powers to be from that he's really fucking smart not because he got weird powers that gave him armor like the FF did.
>>
>>91813766
Yes, there's really no big action set piece to keep you interested.
Fantastic Four should be about family first, yes, but the other core of the franchise and what made them an house hold name up until the eighites was awesome out of this world large-scale science shit.

Instead, because they tried to just do a lame generic "superhero movie".

Also, Doom entire storyarc was a complete rip-off of Willem Dafoe's Goblin.
>>
Their explorers and yet they spend the entire movie lounging around the house
>>
>>91812446
It was another origin movie where all we got was origin stuff then finally a cool action sequence at the last 20 minutes.

Origin takes upp too damn much and we get almost no actual FF stuff until the end.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.