[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to get into thorgal. Is there a reading order for it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: starchild.jpg (259KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
starchild.jpg
259KB, 1024x768px
I want to get into thorgal. Is there a reading order for it? Where should I start?
>>
With Invisible Spider-man 345/1973.

Next time he appears is in Advanced Adejectives X-Men 5 from 1995 and his first big arc is concluded in All-Batty Batman 12 from 1992.

But there's also a non-American release which allows you to start from book 1. They're wierd like that over there and always order their stories from 1 - x.
>>
>>91804992
So funny
>>
Are you American or European? You're gonna have an easier time getting your hands on the first two books in Europe, in the US they released them in like 1986 and never reprinted them.

And there's another thing where the US edition decided to puit out the flashback books (Starchild and Aaricia) at the very beginning, which ruins some of the reveals.

And that's not even going into the spin-off series that they've started releasing after Van Hamme left.
>>
>>91806646
Canadian, so I can't read french. Aren't there scans of the first few books around?
>>
>>91806710
Sure there are, just not in English (unless we're talking scanlations, which from what I've seen could actually be better).
I wanted to storytime Thorgal here, but couldn't find any English scans. I actually tracked down a phisical copy of the book, scanned it myself and posted here last year. But unless someone took it upon themselves to collect the pages into a single file, I doubt that a cbr/cbz even exits.
But as I've said, I've storytimed everything that came out in English last year, and you can still find it on desu.
http://desuarchive.org/co/thread/85461502
>>
>>91806785
Your storytime is what got me looking, because pages past 16 don't appear to load properly.
>>
>>91806805
Oh. Yeah, so it'd seem. Bummer.
But maybe it really is just "temporarily unavailable"?
>>
>>91806867
I'd hope so, since it worked up until then.

You don't happen to still have the scans by any chance, do you?
>>
>>91806887
I might, let me check.
>>
>>91807012
Yup, still here. I have a bunch of stuff to do today, so I'm not gonna even bother storytiming them. I'll put the first two issues on whichever file hosting site google suggests first, are the rest available?
>>
>>91807041
I recommend mega as a zip, personally. Not entirely sure what all has been translated when they were brought over, only that I could never find the first one.
>>
>>91807041
>>91807012
Ah, looks like the first two are the only ones missing. What luck.
>>
Is this that Euro comic about adventurers or something? Someone storytimed a comic like that on /tg/ years ago and I loved it, but the computer i saved it to died and I haven't been able to find it since. All I remember about it was they were questing for some kind of antimagic sword. Does that sound familiar?
>>
#1: https://mega.nz/#!Bq4VkaAD!1qFOcGMkaAuKgZwmXithWuTwalpzCjjyMLEzct-scGM
#2: https://mega.nz/#!B7ZQWbwL!_6Y_gfmINAqri_UBHfQA692XZ3Qo0xKdoE5TprcB9-E
>>
>>91807154
That's quite broad. Do you remember the composition of the party?
Lanfeust of Troy, maybe?

>>91807211
Yeah!
>>
>>91804127

Huh. Thanks OP. Taken a gamble and just ordered the first volume in english. They have all 20 volumes in english on the UK Amazon, if you don't mind paying shipping.
>>
>>91804127
>thorgal

Sorry, shitlord, but she's the REAL Thor now.
>>
I still say this book would have been better without the scifi stuff.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.