[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder that /co/ defended Archer through Season 5 but dropped

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: enhanced-21194-1458335393-5.png (299KB, 625x463px) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-21194-1458335393-5.png
299KB, 625x463px
Reminder that /co/ defended Archer through Season 5 but dropped Rick & Morty after one meme reference.
>>
>>91795259
I almost quit Archer during Season 5.
>>
>>91795259

Archer is less popular across the wider Internet than Rick & Morty, so of course the weaponised contrarianism of 4chan hates R&M.
>>
Come on, archer has gone to shit but it hasn't reached the level of reddit and memey
>>
Everyone cries about Vice though. Dreamland is pretty good so far.
>>
File: T4vJSsrMmFzzy.gif (2MB, 720x390px) Image search: [Google]
T4vJSsrMmFzzy.gif
2MB, 720x390px
How is everyone liking the new season so far? Personally I feel like the humor is a bit lack-luster but find the concept/story pretty interesting.
>>
>>91799324
Eh, I feel like the humor has picked up in the 2nd and 3rd episode, but otherwise agreed
>>
>>91799324
The first episode of Dreamland dragged quite a bit, but now it's finding its groove. And it's an interesting way to change up the show/concept.

I'm just more bothered by the fact that at times it appears the budget has been slashed considerably. Things just look... off.
>>
>>91798830
Dreamland is great so far. Vice had its ups and downs. Seven was the weakest season so far.
>>
>>91799911
I'd say Vice was their worst season. Pam got so intolerable
>>
>>91795259
You're foolish if you think anyone here "dropped" R&M. Nobody who makes a thread with a quote or screencap from the show turned it off partway, they watch every episode all the way through and enjoy it. They might poke fun at it afterwards but that's just how the involve themselves in the fandom. When the new season premiers there'll be dozens of R&M threads for it here, same as always.
>>
>>91795259
>Rick & Morty after one meme reference

What was the reference?
>>
>>91799911
>>91799952
Though the worst episode was when Lana hired the dude to endanger AJ to see if Archer can be trusted. Not even Archer would do something so awful and Lana's supposed to be one of the voices of reason
>>
>>91800226
The whole Jerry's dad is a cuck thing if I'm getting it right. And even then they probably weren't even aware it's a meme and just did it to fuck with the whole family at Christmas setting.
>>
>>91799324
I like the story so far but the past few episodes I feel like they aren't getting full use of the setting.
It also bugs me how in archers "Mind" all the relationships and roles change but I is cool to a meta aspect of how he views the team.
>>
Webm/Gif of Cheryl in her underwear from episode 2?
>>
What's wrong with Season 5?
>>
>>91800561
Pam. They never succeed, so it's hard to even root for them
>>
File: archer-season-8-pam-poovey.jpg (54KB, 1100x629px) Image search: [Google]
archer-season-8-pam-poovey.jpg
54KB, 1100x629px
So is dreamland Pam supposed to be a guy?
>>
It's an odd feel if I end up working on R&M next year and still posting here.
>>
>>91795259
Season 5 was when Archer became inexcusably crap.
Rick & Morty became inexcusably crap in Season 2 (the decay was visible in the season 1 finale).
It is fitting that you should connect the two, as they went to shit for the same reason. They started as shows about sociopathic morons ruining each others lives--and everything else--for no reason, and then they started to lionize their protagonists.

>>91800232
Back when Archer was good, Lana was only the voice of reason because the average IQ in ISIS was like 40, and that's why she sticks around with them, and why her brief stint in ODIN was such a disaster.
>>
Archer slowly degraded into shit by the fact that the characters had to constantly fail at their jobs to drive what little plot there was forward, but that also meant making the characters more and more incompetent at their jobs. The characters were heavily flanderized by the end of Season 5, which is why I stopped watching there.
>>
>>91795259
But /co/ shit on Archer season 5 relentlessly. I feel like I'm the only person who liked it.
>>
why dont they get it? that they ran the joke into the ground? seriously. this normiebook /reddit bitch kept posting about szechuan sauce and 9 more seasons morty 12 fucking times the day after it aired.
>>
>>91795259
It's just contrarism, Reddit love it, so we must hate it.
>>
>>91805560
It's just newfags being as tryhard as possible, I don't know why anyone gives them the time of day.
>>
>>91799324
I don't like that this is Link's Awakening where nothing matters. But better than the stupid vice city thing
>>
>>91802043
Nope, just a crossdresser who keeps her vagina a secret so she can do the job she loves in a society that doesn't let women do that job.
>>
>>91803055
I liked it; at least better than season 7.

I think generally the issue is when a show converts from being standalone episodes to a more serialized season arc, it feels like less is happening in each episode. And less of a climax for each individual episode, making each of them less satisfying.

I think Archer Vice was good, because while it did have an overarching story, it felt less like they were just building towards an ending, and more like they used the season's premise as a jumping-off point for each individual sub-story.
>>
>>91806047

I liked parts of Vice but they needed to tone down Pam's cocaine habit, that joke wore out fast. Actually on that subject Badass Pam was an awful idea.
>>
>>91802043
I like how in archers mind, Pampa is kinda badass.
>>
>>91805968
Give her a good fugging when the day is done.
>>
>>91805897
>Implying one of the flashbacks PTSD episodes won't be of him talking to his dad. Considering he just lost what was the closest thing to a father figure for him.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.