[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was it about Capullo's art on this run that made it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: new-batsuit-greg-capullo.png (344KB, 633x580px) Image search: [Google]
new-batsuit-greg-capullo.png
344KB, 633x580px
What was it about Capullo's art on this run that made it so satisfying to look at? Why aren't more comics like this?
>>
>>91793387
Capullo's art is simple, not in an "easy" way but in a visually pleasing way like a cartoon. It reminds you of good time you had watching The batman or btas or BTAB, when you were younger, but it does so subtlely.
>>
>>91793387

Everybody was hot and had bedroom eyes all the time. It looked like every page was going to end with an orgy.
>>
>>91795098
Ah the Rocafort technique.
>>
File: batman-30.jpg (824KB, 2504x1925px) Image search: [Google]
batman-30.jpg
824KB, 2504x1925px
>>91793387
I think it's all the small details in his art, it's also his landscapes, Jesus that man can draw buildings well, the colourist who worked on his art is also fantastic
>>
File: why_to_live.gif (383KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
why_to_live.gif
383KB, 500x375px
>>91795059
there will never be a Batman animation with Capullo Arstyle
>>
>>91795136

Capullo leans towards the handsome side of it and Rocafort is about cute and ASS.

Although there was that one panel of daddy Bruce and he had a bubble butt in that.
>>
It's simple and clean. Most comics are a clusterfuck of detail and shading.
>>
>>91795098
Not gonna lie, his eyes were my least favourite part. I felt the super simple black and grey worked really well for Batman, but every time he tried to draw a civvy face, or Batman's eyes with his lenses broken (Which he had a huge hardon for) or more colour (ie OP's image which despite Capullo designing it, is the worst the rebirth suit has looked. IMHO) it kind of looked like a highschool weeb pretending he could draw professional animu,
>>
>>91793387
>>91795059

Good inks and colours helped immensely.

It has the same effect on Mahnke's art.
>>
His style is a blend between cartoonish and house-style, which makes it so comfy to look at it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.